Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NEW Wrist Band Locator!

Thumbs up NEW Wrist Band Locator!

THERE MAY BE 2 OR MORE PAGES
    to this Topic!

Make sure you click on the Page Number at
    the bottom and top of this Topic.

Life just got better and cheaper to find children and others!

Wrist bands that locate a person through a satellite and zoom in on the house and block where they are!

Think of the possibilities!

You not only get the block address of where the person is that is wearing or carrying this device, but if you are on the internet you can actually ZOOM in on the HOUSE picture from the satellite photo!

FREE DEMO ONLINE: When you click on the following special link and follow the details for more info.

Click on the following ad for FREE DETAILS:

CLICK HERE for FREE DEMO on the GPS Personal Locator Wrist Band!

PS:

The satellite system also records a HISTORY of where the subject has BEEN while where the device.

Aloysio Botello Jr. Guest
    Wow what a great tool to keep your child safe.
    But only one thing? Is it waterproof? How strong is the material? As we all know kids do break things alot.

"A violent man shall die a violent death."

Linda Manning is offline Law Offices of Attorney Services
    National Office

Law Firm Member Agency of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Good question. I suspect it is water-resistant, but maybe if you click on the detail link they will have an area that answers the question.

I'd like to have my father wear one, as he forgets where he is half the time, and he rarely calls home. Better yet, maybe I'll have the device sewed into his favorite jacket.

William Brassfield is offline Moderator::
    (On Leave of Absence)

Sr. Distinguished Member:
    Member since 2002
    I saw that on a TV advertisement awhile back. I thought it was great
    Will Brassfield

Where there's a will, there's a way......and I'm Will

Visit our New Home Page: www.ipiu.org

Visit our New Bookstore: www.privateinvestigators.cc

Edward Taguba is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forums

Professional Member of:

Talking

I got something like this, but it is for my laptop. I think it is called laptrak? Not sure but it is great.

Aloha,
    Last edited by Edward Taguba; 11-18-2002 at 05:33 PM.

Edward Taguba, MBA, Ph.D.

Professional Global Technology Consultant
    http://www.edtaguba.com
    www.ipiu.org | www.privateinvestigators.cc

Janice Foster is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:
    Is there a site on the Internet to read more about this device and the costs involved.

Thank you
    Janice L. Foster
    Private Investigator

Ed,
    Your computer is your baby!

I saw a program on T.V. about this device. If it is removable then it may not be that useful after it has been removed. Or it could be used as a decoy, to throw a searching person off track, from the real location of the person being tracked. It has great possibilities!

Sounds like this is something I will be needing soon for my child. But it is way too expensive for me!

And seems like they need a different version for older children. The picture of that one looks like it is something a toddler or young child would wear. Wonder if anyone else has ever seen a different version (and a less expensive one). If so, I would love to hear about it.

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    Originally posted by Janice L. Foster
    Is there a site on the Internet to read more about this device and the costs involved.

Thank you

Click on the following ad for FREE DETAILS:

CLICK HERE for FREE DEMO on the GPS Personal Locator Wrist Band!

Sponsored by:
    Originally posted by Christa Norman
    Or it could be used as a decoy, to throw a searching person off track, from the real location of the person being tracked. It has great possibilities!
    Like placing the band in a magnetic device that attaches to the bottom of a car.

(Oh, yes . . . tracking those teenaged kids who they borrow papa's car for their date)

This is a great idea, especially for children. But could you imagine the suspecting wives or husbands that think the other is cheating and getting them to wear the bracelet? Also you would know where your teenagers are at all times. Great idea !!!!

Sponsored by:
    Originally posted by Regina L. Black
    Sounds like this is something I will be needing soon for my child. But it is way too expensive for me!
    I can relate to that! Then again, what would be the emotional cost to losing a child in mall for an hour, or the the emotional tug of losing a child at all. Credit cards is something I don't wish on anyone, but if this were available to me when my children were younger, I would have charged it and made payments for 4 years on my Visa.

Wonder if anyone else has ever seen a different version (and a less expensive one).
    This company is the first to make this available to the USA. Like anything else, the price may drop in 4 years (or much longer if they have a unique patent).

Sponsored by:
    Originally posted by Renita Wilkinson
    This is a great idea, especially for children. But could you imagine the suspecting wives or husbands that think the other is cheating and getting them to wear the bracelet? Also you would know where your teenagers are at all times. Great idea !!!!
    It certainly will allow me to be at peace.

Originally posted by David Copeland

I can relate to that! Then again, what would be the emotional cost to losing a child in mall for an hour, or the the emotional tug of losing a child at all. Credit cards is something I don't wish on anyone, but if this were available to me when my children were younger, I would have charged it and made payments for 4 years on my Visa.

This company is the first to make this available to the USA. Like anything else, the price may drop in 4 years (or much longer if they have a unique patent).
    David,

My son is 10 yrs. old. I am about to enter into a court battle in regards to his father and visitation rights. His father has NEVER been in my son's life before, in fact, he has only seen his son 2 or 3 times in the 10 yrs. of his life for about 10-15 minutes each. All of a sudden, he has decided that he wants standard visitation rights and expects me to send my son with him (a stranger) for an entire weekend and then every other weekend! I think not. He has made this decision after he was thrown in jail for not paying child support. I believe he is just using this as a tool to manipulate me into releasing him from back child support. I do not trust this man and and frightened that he would harm my child, either physically or emotionally to try and get back at me.

Therefore, if for some reason the judge forces me to let him have visitation, I will request supervised visitation, and then still will not feel comfortable. That is why I was thinking about this tracking device. But it doesn't look like something a 10 yr. old would wear without it being obvious what it was. Then, as Christa said, his father could remove it -- then it would be useless.

Thumbs up

One more step in keeping our kids safe, almost like an extended
    Amber Alert.
    Michelle Harris

Thumbs up

This is a good idea. I will look into more in the line of work I in.
    Working as a Commission Security Officer for Central Region and Investigative I like for my love ones to know where I am. If anything happen I want them to know. Example is I get into a suitation and can't get back up immediately like Waco P. D. I work in high crime area here. A lot of drug activity on the posts I work.

Thanks for the idea.

I would keep this on my person or vehicle.

I am so excited about this but it seems so expensive. Is this the cheapest you can find them? Thank you.

Carmen Acai is offline *** Certified

Sr. Moderator
    Certified Distinguished Member

Question Would a husband accept to wear it?

Obviously, the device is great, but it can be noticed and is removable. Maybe if they create something that could be swallowed. But how can you convince somebody (child, father, mother, husband, wife, or even bin Laden) to swallow it? No way! Or maybe, it could be like a chip placed under the skin?! I cannot think more than that, but that is a great device

I wish you all have a great day and fun.

PS- Do not show my post to the manufacturer (s). They are not going to like it.
    Carmen Acai
    Sr Moderator

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

Sponsored by:
    But it doesn't look like something a 10 yr. old would wear without it being obvious what it was. Then, as Christa said, his father could remove it -- then it would be useless.
    Their website has an FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions). Maybe this issue has been asked and solved.

Like Legal said above, sew it into the jacket with good batteries.

There are other MORE expensive devices that are used for house arrest and people on bail, but this is a start in the direction.

B Ann Craig - is offline Administrative Forum Trainer

Sr. Certified Distinguished Member:
    But it doesn't look like something a 10 yr. old would wear without it being obvious what it was. Then, as Christa said, his father could remove it -- then it would be useless.
    Regina, if my reading is right, you have to have this "key fob" to unlock the locator to take it off. This prevents unwanted removal. It's water resistant, and cut resistant. Here is the quotes:
    What if someone tries to tamper with the GPS Personal Locator? Is it tamper and cut resistant?
    The device is made of a sturdy yet soft rubberized material, which is cut resistant. Should anyone try to cut or tamper with the band when the device is locked, an alarm will be activated at our Location Service Center and the subscriber will be notified.
    Is the Personal Location System device water resistant? Can my child swim or bathe with it?
    Yes, the GPS Personal Locator is water resistant (up to eight feet of water) and can be used while showering or bathing. We recommend you remove it for swimming.
    How long does the charged battery last?
    A fully charged battery typically has close to 60 hours of standby time.
    Sounds very good to me. My youngest is 32, though.
    Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves;
    We are his people, and the sheep of his pasture...be thankful unto him, and bless his name. Ps 100

Visit our New Home Page: www.ipiu.org

Nice!

I feel this is a great tool, especially for illegal aliens in our country. I think if it can boil down to a chip, the possibilities are endless. I would like to invest, what do I do?

Wink gonna need a bus load of em!

Gosh, what they gonna think of next??
    I can see me sticking em on everything, and everyone. All my kids, family, laptop, cars.... LOL
    Hope they are cheap!
    ~Jill Seifert "Badge #5481"

Re: Nice!

Originally posted by Kristi Lowery
    I would like to invest, what do I do?
    Just click on the following ad for FREE DETAILS and an order form:

CLICK HERE for FREE DEMO on the GPS Personal Locator Wrist Band or to order!

gps for kids

The cost is $399.99 plus a service fee of $24.95. well worth it for the peace of mind.

John Flynn
    John Flynn

Joanne Vitt Guest

Thumbs up

To: Robert Donovan

Thanx Robert

Sincerely,

wrist band locator

No I don`t have one at this time but in the near future i will get one.
    Thanks for the e-mail
    Robert Taylor

Smile

I think it is perfect for the smaller kids as long as it can't be removed easy by the wrong person or even the child, but it
    won't make much of a fashion statement for the older kids , or
    pre-teens.
    Michelle Harris

That's exactly what I was thinking Michelle. My son is 10. Don't think he would wear it.

Talking

But i do like it better than the body harness that you use to see on little kids in the mall, you know the one's parents would use on kids that were over active the 2, 3, and 4 yr olds .
    Michelle Harris

Yeah, those toddler leashes.

I think it 's to big and can be remove needs to be smaller.

Edward Taguba

Edward. I just got myself a Dell lap-top and I saw your thread on what you called a lap-trak. Mind if I ask where you got it, or an e-mail address so I could get one for myself. Thank you my friend.

John Flynn
    John Flynn

Cool!

This is very interesting.....wow, todays technology!

Have a great day!

Sheryl

Question

Hey Rick

Can they be worn in the airport?....
    Michelle Harris

Sr. Moderator

Lightbulb WOW!

Originally posted by Michelle Y Harris
    Hey Rick

Can they be worn in the airport?....
    This is a good question. Even interesting.

Normally, as a personal opinion, it should not be a problem as long as it is not regarded as apotential detonatorlike cell phones. Besides, everything is screened plus it has a "911" feature. I do not know. We need an answer from an expert who might want to tell us how these satellite-monitored devices are regarded.

The question is good because if you want to send your child somewhere, you might want to be sure that he or she reaches the destination. Or it can be used by those who work undercover, love funny looking child watches, and need a permanent tracking done by their partners, etc, and all of a sudden, guess what: they have to take the airplane
    Last edited by Carmen Acai; 11-20-2002 at 08:59 PM.
    Carmen Acai
    Sr Moderator

START WITH TRUST

Sr. Moderator

Question Question

Originally posted by Robert Donovan
    PS:

The satellite system also records a HISTORY of where the subject has BEEN while where the device.
    CAN THEY BE WORN IN THE AIRPORT?

Thank you in advance for your answer and wish you have a happy Thanksgiving.
    Carmen Acai
    Sr Moderator

START WITH TRUST

Smile

So in short it is a North Star System for humans , would love to have just to see how good it really is.
    Michelle Harris

Cool

Originally posted by Michelle Y Harris
    So in short it is a North Star System for humans , would love to have just to see how good it really is.
    Hello Michelle

This type wrist watch sound like a good idea with many possiblies. I have just receive my training manuals and started reading materials. I am a commission security officer in Texas. I have been in Private Security over 2 years. Information in the manuals is the same in my line of work. There is new tips in private investigation. So interesting that I found a new line of work.

I can't wait to get started on assignments.

Bobby

same here , I have 10 yrs of loss prevention and 5 yrs as a P.I. for private company in Tenn. now I'm learning how to Skip Trace.
    Michelle Harris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast