Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are you a "Toastmaster" or "Dale Carnegie Graduate"?

Good day everyone,

I received an email asking if I was a Toast master or Dale Carnegie graduate. Unfortunately I am not. I am new to this exciting industry and eventually I would like to become a full time P.I. I am hoping someone can tell me where I can get some more information on taking a course or two so I can acheive my goal.

Thank you in advance
    Gaetano Di Primo
    Gaetano Di Primo/#5597

Bernadette McGee is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Smile Im a little curious about this topic

I am still a trainee, but however Im a little curious
    about this topic. I recieved all my crudentials
    and I also has access to certain areas because
    I have level 4 access. The most important thing
    in becoming an good private Investigator is educati
    on and training. That what makes you a qaulified PI.
    I would like to know about this topic.

Toastmaster or Dale Carnegie Graduate

I am also like many of you "new to this", I have never heard of " Toastmaster" or Dale Carnegie". If someone could please e-mail me and let me know what it is, and where to take it I would really appreciate it. Thank You.
    Edward C. Eisenhart III

Thumbs up Public Speaking Experience

I am not a Toastmasters member nor a Dale Carnegie grad, but I have prepared and presented several full-day paralegal seminars on litigation-related topics. In addition, I have had lots of public speaking experience as the past president of the Kansas City Paralegal Association (300+ members) at various meetings and conventions. I also have significant performing experience - vocals/guitar in rock bands, choral groups, comedy skits, etc. I used to be a sound engineer which comes in handy when dealing with audio/visual equipment during presentations.

My parents were Dale Carnegie grads, so I am familiar with the program.

Let me know if I can be of assistance.
    Sheri Young

Determination + Patience = Success

Talking no but!

I haven't heard of either of these organizations but they sound like a wonderful idea. I have good managerial experience and I feel, this will not only enhance but also add to the new career of Private Investigations for other members and me. I would like to congradulate & and thank whom ever the person(s) that came up with this idea for IPIU. I'm excited about this! please keep me in touch of the developement process. If I can be of any help or assistance "Don't hesitate to ask" The honor would be all mine.
    Once again thanks to the Admin.
    Thank you, ____
    Rick

I'm neither,but I'm very anxious to get started. This is new, and it sounds so interesting to me. I can't wait to see what's instore for my future. I've been in security for the past few years. This a challenge and I'm all up for that. I can use all the help I can get.

About Toastmaster

I am neither a Toastmaster or Dale Carnegie So I need to know what is all about and what I need to do to find out.

Hi Mary,
    I have not participated in either group however I am familiar with them. I am very interested in getting involved especially with the Club. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help as well.

Vicki Sheahen

William Brassfield is offline Moderator::
    (On Leave of Absence)

Sr. Distinguished Member:
    Member since 2002
    I participated somewhat in a Toastmasters club when I was taking a course at a local Vo-Tech years ago, and I have read a couple of books written by Dale Carnegie, including "How To Win Friends and Influence People."

I would be very interested in participating in both of these courses.
    Will Brassfield

Where there's a will, there's a way......and I'm Will

Visit our New Home Page: www.ipiu.org

Visit our New Bookstore: www.privateinvestigators.cc

I have no experience with either of these courses - in fact I have never heard of them, but if it will help me become a better investigator, please count me in. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to become one of the best.

Selena Ford

Thumbs up Toasmaster

I am a Toasmaster CTM and have not been active for the last 5 years. I'm willing to assist or share some insight with anyone requesting or showing some interest. I'm going to San Franciso now but will followup with this later.
    Ricardo G. Rosales

"Toastmaster" or "Dale Carnegie Graduate" ?

Hello, Everyone I have just read my e-mail today. I have never been neither one but I`m excited to learn how to become one or the other.
    Last edited by Mr Robert J Taylor; 11-16-2002 at 08:03 AM.
    Robert Taylor

I speak a great deal and I love it; however, I have never been in either. I have read Dale Carnegie's books and have some of his tapes. I would love to help. Just let me know how. Thank you very much.

Hi.

Hello; I have no experience but, I will do my best

to become super investigator.
    Thank's.
    Oleg Saley

Carmen Acai is offline *** Certified

Sr. Moderator
    Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forums

Thumbs up More info.

Originally posted by Edward C Eisenhart
    I am also like many of you "new to this", I have never heard of " Toastmaster" or Dale Carnegie". If someone could please e-mail me and let me know what it is, and where to take it I would really appreciate it. Thank You.

Hi Edward!

If you want more information, please go to the first page of this Forum where you will find a thread posted by Mr. Robert Donovan, Administrator-I.P.I.U, on 11-13-02 at 11:10 PM. You are actually on the second page of this Forum. Either you go down this page or up, you will find the link for the first page. There, you will find a brief, but clear answer for your questions. Also, you will get an answer about these courses even if you take your time to read some posts on this second page.

All the best.
    Carmen Acai
    Sr Moderator

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

Sr. Moderator

Thumbs up More info.

Originally posted by Bernadette McGee
    I am still a trainee, but however Im a little curious
    about this topic. I recieved all my crudentials
    and I also has access to certain areas because
    I have level 4 access. The most important thing
    in becoming an good private Investigator is educati
    on and training. That what makes you a qaulified PI.
    I would like to know about this topic.

Hi Bernadette!

I am a trainee too and very curious usually. This is good because it helps you to obtain information and get knowledge. Well, there are cases or situations when you do not have to be so curious, which is not the case now. If you want more information, please go to the first page of this Forum where you will find a thread posted by Mr. Robert Donovan, Administrator-I.P.I.U, on 11-13-02 at 11:10 PM. You are actually on the second page of this Forum. Either you go down this page or up, you will find the link for the first page. There, you will find a brief, but clear answer for your question. Also, you will get an answer about these courses if you take your time to read some posts on this second page.

Feed your curiosity all the time and good luck to you!
    Carmen Acai
    Sr Moderator

START WITH TRUST

reply to e-mail

Hello! I am neither a "Toastmaster" or a "Dale Carnegie Graduate just a trainee. But would like to learn more about them and help in any way I can!
    BECKY BROWN
    Badge # 5534

Warren M Hodges Guest
    hello to all peeps in the P.I. sector!
    really ,, what do i need these 2 courses for? if some one would plzz take time to explain to me about this,,then mabe i need to take them?
    hey all,,,,HAVE a great day,,,,,

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Originally posted by Warren M. Hodges
    hello to all peeps in the P.I. sector!
    really ,, what do i need these 2 courses for? if some one would plzz take time to explain to me about this,,then mabe i need to take them?
    hey all,,,,HAVE a great day,,,,,
    Warren,

Welcome to the Private Investigators Forums.

You will be emailed the full announcement when these local clubs will have more information available. So stay tuned.

As for your PI License, I already verified you are who you, and have placed the LA Seal and License Number in your membership.

But before you post anything more, please take a moment to click on the following instruction topic link for all newcomers:

Click here:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...&threadid=5008

Also, as a licensed private investigator we still remind folks to abide by our Forum Rules and Code of Ethics.

You may click here to read it:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...&threadid=2914

David

Sr. Moderator

Thumbs up How many candidates such a club would require to be set up?

I was wondering how many people would you need to set up such a club? Of course, there could be some other criteria also. But I am asking myself if such a club could be set up for the "Garden State" only, or if it is set up in New York, can I.P.I.U members of "Garden State" join it?
    Carmen Acai
    Sr Moderator

START WITH TRUST

I took Dale Carnegie's course on "Public Speaking & Human Relations" early on in my corporate career, and it helped make speaking in front of an audience a lot less intimidating. It was also great training for compressing lengthy stories/topics into short and concise presentations. We were required to give at least two presentations of 2-4 minutes at each session!

After graduation, I was asked to serve as a volunteer Graduate Assistant. This was not only flattering, but it also gave me the opportunity to help new students and forget about myself.

I highly recommend public speaking courses to everyone.

It's not that you never get butterflies... you simply learn to put the butterflies in formation!

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in Los Angeles.

I also got the e-mail. I have never herd of either. But I'm interested in finding out more!

Question Could these apply?

Hello,
    I have not taken either of the previously mentioned courses, however I have completed "train the trainer" courses at work to enable me to train newcomers for job performance. I have also done many years of demonstration workshops on a retail level. If this can be converted for your use for the "clubs", let me know!
    Dianne
    Last edited by Dianne Lundquist; 12-22-2002 at 06:27 PM.
    The only thing that is constant is change.

Rickard Shawn Guest

Talking Dale Carnegie Graduate of 3 different Subjects...I'm ready!

[SIZE=1]I am a 2000-2001-2002 Dale Carnegie Graduate. I have taken three total courses. 1) Dale Carnegie Course 2) Dale Carnegie Sales & Building Relations Course 3) Dale Carnegie Leadership Course. I am a 3 time Graduate of Dale Carnegie

Sr. Moderator

Thumbs up Wow!

Originally posted by Rickard Shawn
    [SIZE=1]I am a 2000-2001-2002 Dale Carnegie Graduate. I have taken three total courses. 1) Dale Carnegie Course 2) Dale Carnegie Sales & Building Relations Course 3) Dale Carnegie Leadership Course. I am a 3 time Graduate of Dale Carnegie
    That's great! You can help. Obviously.

Congratulations and wish you have a happy Thanksgiving.
    Carmen Acai
    Sr Moderator

START WITH TRUST

Originally posted by Barbara Billitzer
    ...It's not that you never get butterflies... you simply learn to put the butterflies in formation!
    I agree. They aren't butterflies of intimidation and fear, but butterflies of excitement and anticipation.

Cool Dale Carnegie

I graduated from Dale Carnegie in 1989. The company i was working for at the time sent me and several others so that we would learn to be more effective team leaders. It is the best course I have ever taken and would recommend it to anyone at anytime.

Hi,

I am neither, but have had extensive experience in past jobs talking to audiences ranging up to 150 people as well as doing training classes for audiences up to 50 people. I am quite comfortable in public speaking and would be very interested in any help I could provide in the San Diego area.

Best Regards.
    George Tench

Gulam Mohammad Khan Guest

Thumbs up neither ?

Hello, I have never heard of either one. If I could get more information on those classes that will be great. Thank you.

"Dale Carnegie" and "Toastmaster" what?

I have never heard of either but I am certainly interested in learning more about both programs.

Deanna

I think I may have addressed the issue of attending these courses in an earlier thread but, I am not sure so, I will attempt to do so once more.

For those of you interested in either of these two courses you may want to do an Internet search. This search will lead you to their specific website.

The one I truely looked into was the Dale Carnigie course(s). They are not cheap; roughly $1,500 per course depending on which course you take, and its duration.

For those of you who are business owners within the PI arena, I suggest you take the presentation course too. Remember, when appealing to banks or your potential corporate/law firm clients, you will most probably be giving them a power point presentation on your services. If you did not plan on doing that then you should. Therefore, you might as well do it right and be impressive by learning how to do it right.

Hope this helps.

Elvis Acosta

I am not a graduate of either, but I would love to be a part of helping to organize a local group. I had thought of getting together a local group myself to support each other in our PI careers.

I have read several Carnegie books also, as well as some others on speaking, and have done public seminars and presentations. I have owned my own business, and been a substitute teacher at a private school.

Please feel free to contact me for any possible help you may need, no matter how small, in starting this new endeavor.

Hi I would like to be in the group, but I live in Washington

State. Is this posible.

Thank you.
    Oleg Saley

Question Dale Carnegie

I have taken part of the Dale Carnegie course. Came down with strepp, missed the last two classes and unfortunately did not receive the certificate.
    Rachel Lee

I have not participated in either, I have often thought of participating in toastmasters. I am a family therapist and Addictions counselor and have been lecturing for 17 years. I still have a lot to learn though and I still get those butterflies before I give a lecture or teach a class after all these years. I would love to particpate in anything that can improve my skills giving presentations, I believe there is always something new to learn!
    I would enjoy very much to help facilitate or organize a group in my area, feel free to contact me anytime.
    Last edited by Joe McCool -; 02-26-2003 at 07:50 AM.

Temistocles Tatis is offline *** Certified
    Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigator Member

Post It was a great experience.

I have Knowledge about the toast master organization, even I
    did not get a chance to participate with them yet . But also allowed me to bring to your attention, that many years ago I
    founded an organization here in Florida. In which the event I
    organized as president of the organization were very succesful.

I manage to make my first meeting in the Juan Pablo Duarte
    Park in Miami. And end up having a group of working people
    that help me to organize social event. Most of the cultural
    events that I organize, motivate the community so much that thousands of people respond and pay their way in to see
    our presentation. I strongly believe to have communication skills.

I also have taken a few courses years ago in New York City
    in human behavior. In the year 1980 I was elected in the Bronx
    Community College, as a student club president.

Sincerely, Temistocles Tatis.
    Last edited by Temistocles Tatis; 04-21-2003 at 11:47 AM.

I would like more information as to what is a toastmaster. Is it like making a toast at a table? If so this may cross the line on religion. Please someone explain to me what this is because I am interested in networking with others.

Thanks
    Michelle
    Make the truth known

Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum Member
    Michelle,

Check out their website, toastmasters. org. I think you'll find enough information to answer your questions.

Former Toastmaster President/Participant

Greetings to All!

This may be WELL after the fact but thought I'd respond to the adminstrator post for current, graduate or former Toastmaster participants. I was a regular Toastmaster participant rising to President of our employee division. I'd be interested in learning more about IPIU's involvement and/or support.
    MT

God's promises are like stars; the darker the night, the brighter they shine.

Neither but would like to be

Hello, I am not a graduate of either of these, but from the way it looks in the forum it sounds like a real good idea. I would really like to know how to get involved and become a member if I could. Can anyone help me get the information I need to become a member?
    Robert Smith

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast