Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are you a "Toastmaster" or "Dale Carnegie Graduate"?

THERE MAY BE 2 OR MORE PAGES
    to this Topic!

Make sure you click on the Page Number at
    the bottom or top of this Topic.

The International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has been asked to sponsor worldwide local clubs for members to meet weekly under the Toastmasters International Club Organization template, which will prepare members to obtain cases and clients locally, as well as foster national and international presence.

Toastmaster Graduates and Dale Carnegie Graduates will be invited to apply for special participation at IPIU's International Convention in Hollywood, California (to be announced at a later time).

If you have no experience at this point, then by convention time you may very well have it!

Have you ever participated in:

• Toastmasters Clubs
    • Gavel Clubs
    • Dale Carnegie Courses

If so, please POST a REPLY to this topic so that we may better understand the needs and skills of our members.
    Forum Administrator Staff
    London, England
    www.ipiu.org

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    BBB A+ Rating Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 31st Year Serving 48,366 Members
    CALL IPIU TODAY TO JOIN: 406-534-0251 (USA)

participation

I have taken the Dale Carnegie Course. Let me know how I can help.

Cool

Hello Peeps:

just recieved a email questioning if i'm a Toastmaster or a Dale Carnegie Graduate?. I'm proud to say i am a Dale Carnegie Graduate.I am currently awaiting my password for access to the Federal Anti-piracy assignment as well as to Integrity Investigations training,orientation and assignments.You can't believe the excitement that is running through my veins in anticipation of my returned email.If i've ever had a exciting carrer it's no were near as exciting as this.

PS: I'm currenty waiting on my badge and wallet that should be here any day,talk about exciting,this is the ultimate.

David L. Farnsworth
    Last edited by David Farnsworth -; 11-21-2002 at 11:38 AM.

I've never been in either organization, but I am a bit of an extrovert. If you think I can help in some way, just let me know.
    These local meetings sound interesting.

Oh, I am waiting for my badge, too. And, I expect it any day now, too. I am also hoping for another case to come my way. Now, that I can take them, they are scarce! I had a couple offers when I was not able to take them.

HI ADMIN!

I received your message in regards to Toastmasters and Dale Carnegie graduates. I am proud to say that I am a Toastmaster graduate. It only took $3 in nickels to get over saying UMMMM.

I really enjoyed Toastmasters Club and I can say that it really helped me get rid of the fear of public speaking, (and no I don't imagine everyone sitting in their underwear while I am speaking).

If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.
    Susan E. Miller
    "carpe diem"

Janice Foster is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Well I am neither, but with this new career I am learning alot and am available for any help I could offer for this. I am ready for cases and just waiting for response(s) back. So any and all I can do is yours for the asking.

Janice L. Foster
    Private Investigator

Wink

I received your message and I am neither, but I am learning everyday and I have taken Dale Carnegie Course in my past when I was working as salesperson.

Jorge

Roxanna Firlick- is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:

Cool

I am neither. I would love to become a Full fledged Private Investigator and this all sounds very interesting to me.If I can be of any assistants let me know!!!!!!!!
    Roxanna S. Hopkins

I am neither of these but if it something I need to go to or learn I will. I am currently waiting for my books so that I can take the test and hopefully some assignments.
    If there is anything that you need please let me know.

Wink Toastmaster or Carnegie Grad

I`am not a Toastmaster, or a Fridgedaire, (just kidding) Or a Carnegie Grad .I am interested in how I might become one ,the other or both.

Knowledge is power.

Have a great day
    John A. Fromm

Smile I am not either one but they do sound v ery interesting

I would like to thank you very much for the information on this topic, Mary Warner. I have my credentials and badge and also have done some mystery shopping. I am definately looking forward to meeting in a club to exspand my horizons. You can never know too much, NEVER!!!! Thank you again,

Wendy Swint
    Wendy G. Swint

I just recieved your letter and I am neither, but anything I can do or learn is of great interest to me! Anything I can do to help just let me know.
    Victoria Greenbush
    *Wisdom is gained not when we know the answers but when we learn the questions*

Donald Robinson Guest

ToastMaster Graduate

I'm a 1980 Toastmaster Graduate from Lexington, Kentucky at the International toastmasters Convention

I'm also neither. I am a new trainee and looking forward to learning and becoming the best I can be as a private investigator.
    Maria Trapani

Post Are you a Toasmaster or Dale Carnegie Graduate?

To answer your question, No I'm not. I would, however, like to find out how to become one.

I have been an instructor for five years and have given classes/presentations to an assortment of audiences.

Anything toward my personal and professional betterment is what I am seeking.

Elvis

Hi everyone

I've been in these organization but i'm happy to participate in the event, i think those meeting are the a good benefits for our job. So i'm rady in anything i can do.
    Thank
    Martinez
    Eduardo Martinez

Mrs. Diana Sanzone Guest
    I am a Dale Carnegie Graduate of 1982. I have no experience as a PI but would like to become one part time.

Thumbs up courses

I've never had any of these courses, but I would like to enroll in the course. Let me Know what I have to do.

More Information Requested

My Fellow Investigators

I agree with everyone that this is indeed exciting news. I feel somewhat ignorant though in having extensive experience but never attended either of these. In fact I don't know much about either.

Could someone who has knowledge of these please elaborate on either or both? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    William E. Hoelscher, CPP

Unfortunately, I have not taken either course. However, I do have my badge and wallet, done quite a few mystery shops, and Anti-Piracy jobs. These meetings sound very beneficial to my continued growth in experience and knowledge.
    BCR

GOD Blessed America and the world, now the world needs to bless GOD...

Vickie Walker is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:

Talking

I haven't had any of these courses but im willing to learn all i can to be come a full time investigator.

Thomas R. Tonneson Guest
    It just so happens, I am a 1987 graduate of the Dale Carnegie Course in Public Speaking and Human Relations.

Carmen Acai is offline *** Certified

Sr. Moderator
    Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forums

Wink There is always a beginning. What matters is never be afraid of it.

Dear Mary, thank you for your e-mail. Well, I am neither of two, but the country I am coming from it is a former communist country. In such an environment if you do not know to manage things, you are dead meat for vultures. You do not need courses, but to keep thinking all the time (i.e.: who's the next to hit you and where, if possible). It is a hell of a chess, which also teaches you to talk to everybody accordingly. It is all about learning to survive, and that's a tough story. I would love to participate being always ready to learn things and exchange opinions. If I could be of any help for my area, please let me know. I could even have ideas that might help.
    Carmen Acai
    Sr Moderator

START WITH TRUST

Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

Cool

I am not a graduate of either enterprise but I am familiar with both. I have a friend in Toastmasters and I am planning to attend a similar event this week. I think this is a great idea for IPIU.
    Julia

Dale Carnegie

I have read Dale Carnegie, never participated in an actual class. It was incorporated as part of my education at an upscale salon i worked at in New York ( Concept Elite) It is a necessary componant to be able to show confidence and eloquence when speaking to your clients.
    Besides mastering the " Art " of communication, i have also done some speaking, narrating, poetry reading, acting, and preforming in a rock band.
    Still, even when i'm doing hair, i'm still putting on a " show "!,,,it's mostly comedy though!!!!! Laughter IS the best medicine.
    Lisa Barbieri

Re: More Information Requested

Originally posted by William E. Hoelscher
    Could someone who has knowledge of these please elaborate on either or both? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    There will be other topics of discussion on what Toastmasters is, and how any student of the Dale Carnegie course can benefit from an IPIU sponsored Private Investigators Toastmaster Club in your area. In fact, both Toastmasters and Dale Carnegie got their start in the early 1930's while the country (and the world) was suffering from an economic depression. But don't get me started in this topic.

This topic is designed to see which "forum members" have had any previous experience with leadership and speaking skills. For those who post here that you have no experience, please continue posting! The more interest the better.

For those who have some experience, I suspect IPIU will contact you directly to aide in helping the provisional local club in any manner you can, and to share your experience with newcomers.

In all, IPIU is proposing to use the Toastmaster Club mechanism to accomplish a tremendous local benefit for private investigators, and to prepare them for the International Convention in 2004.

All the best,
    Robert Donovan
    Director - Agent Relations
    Sr. Director - IPIU Ethics Board

START WITH TRUST

Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

Cool to be come a member

what must one do to become a "toastmaster"or
    a "Dale Carnegie Graduate". My interest in been a member
    is very high on my list for enhancing my skills been a PI.

I received my badge in Sept/02 , looking forward to new
    "INPUT" feed me.

"HELLO TO EVERY MEMBER "

Michael Evans
    Michael C Evans

I have heard of both "Toastmaster" and "Dale Carnegie" and think it is a good idea. I moved from Alabama to Tennessee and I don't know anyone here so I think by forming this club, it will give all the ipiu family members here in the local area a chance to get together and learn. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know. I have not received my training manual yet, but hope to have it any day now.

I am looking forward to meeting all of my tennessee family.

Barbara S. Barnes
    Barbara S. Barnes

Aloysio Botello Jr. Guest

Are you a "Toastmaster" or "Dale Carnegie Graduate???

Well I am neither, first time hearing it.
    But i would like more info on subject, even participate if possible.

former Toastmaster member

I have been involved with Toastmasters in the past and would love to do it again. Please let me know.

Dee

If you're interested in each of these training systems, do a search on the Internet and you will find the needed information you're seeking regarding their training courses.

In fact, Toastmasters' website has a page that will direct you to a non-IPIU club in your area.

I'm neither ,but am looking forward to learning more about "Toastmaster". How can I learn more sounds like a great learning tool.

Hi every one.

I am neither one ,but I would like to be "Toastmaster" or

Dale Carnegie Graduate" If there is any cases please let

me know.

Oleg Saley
    Oleg Saley

Toastmasters

I was very involved with Toastmasters a few years ago. I competed in the Table Topics and Evaluations contests and won several awards. I was club president and Area Governor and I helped form a club in a medium security men's prison which was well attended! There hasn't been a club that fit my schedule lately or I would be involved now. It is a great self development and very fun organization to be a member of.
    Tina Hoover

Unhappy

Unfortunately I am not a Toastmaster or Dale Carnegie Graduate.
    I am new to the industry so I am trying to learn as much as possible.
    Gaetano Di Primo/#5597

I've heard of toast masters but never had the opportunity to get involved. I f it helps I would love to get involved.

Welcome to Tennessee Barbara!!
    Last edited by Kevin M Erick; 11-14-2002 at 09:09 AM.
    Big Red

It's not a job, it's a journey!

NIETHER

I AM A GRADUATE OF THE U.S. ARMY C.I.D. "CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION COURSE". I AM INTERESTED IN FINDING MORE ABOUT THESE COURSES OR CLUBS?
    James G. Szelest

Smile Toastmaster

I did take a Toastmaster course in High school just a few years ago , but I am very interested in taking this course to better myself in this profession. Thank you for the opportunity!

Steve Watson is offline *** Certified SPI
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:
    Please allow me to introduce my public self.

In addition to being a member of IPIU, I am currently the CEO of the Center for NanoSpace Technologies, Inc. (www.nanospace.org)

The Center is a Texas-based 501 (c) (3) nonprofit scientific research and education foundation chartered to conceive, establish, and conduct cutting-edge technology, research, and development.

The Center is comprised of 5 research offices:
    Aerospace
    Education
    Energy
    Life Sciences
    Transportation

The Education Office consist of 5 Divisions:
    Conferences
    Computer Lab
    Courses
    Library
    Outreach

The Education Offices' Conferences division is chartered to conduct Conferences worldwide.

As such; I have personally hosted and been the "Master of Ceremony" for four (4) International Nanotechnology Conferences:

NanoSpace 95
    NanoSpace 98 - To the Planets and Beyond
    NanoTech 2000 - Technologies for the Future
    NanoTech 2002 - At the edge of Revolution

Additionally; I have been called upon to speak at other Scientific Conferences worldwide (too many to list).

Although not a graduate of Toastmaster or Dale Carnegie, I believe I possess the intended experience and expertise sought at the beginning of this thread.
    Steve R. Watson, MBA-PM
    CIA - Retired
    Texas PI License #

Joanne Vitt Guest

Thumbs up

Dear Mary,

What an excellent idea. I am a graduate of Dale Carnegie (Effective Speaking and Human Relations Course). I am not familiar with the Toastmasters International Club Organization, but will do my homework. Looking back on my experiences and how they would be relevant to the ongoing needs and skills of our PI's -- a mix of Dale Carnegie and Outward Bound would be outstanding.

I am really looking forward to the 2004 Convention. IPIU only gets better and better.

Sincerely,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast