Thread: Dead-beat-parent Licensing Question!

Dead-beat-parent Question!

I was looking into getting involved in helping people find DEAD BEAT PARENTS. I saw an ad on the local cable channel, that offered a reward for finding these DBP'S. I don't believe I need to be a licensed Private Investigator, but I need to be sure! Can someone help me...PLEASE!!

Rewards offered to the public do not require the public to be licensed. There is no license required to investigate anything or anyone. The license is only required when you advertise to the public for more cases.
    Forum Administrator Staff
    London, England
    www.ipiu.org

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    BBB A+ Rating Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 31st Year Serving 48,366 Members
    CALL IPIU TODAY TO JOIN: 406-534-0251 (USA)

THANKS!

Thank you for the information. That's what I thought, but wanted to ask to be sure before I began this service. I've been a member for about a month, but just now checking the web-site! I should have started earlier!! Has anyone ever asked about IPIU starting a chat-room for their members? I think this would be a great service to all who have questions or just share ideas. Once again, THANKS!

See the new topic in the After hours Lounge titled: Voting Poll: Chat Day & Time?

Or, click here: Chat Poll

Angry Dead Beat Parents

I've seen some of the ads mentioned in the post above. I personally feel that there should be a national database of dead beat parents. Anyone who doesn't want to support their children should be found and made to pay up. Some people of course can't afford to support themselves, but if a person is working and paying bills like the rest of us, they should take care of their responsibilities as parents. I don't mean to rant but I know a couple of dead beats myself and I feel so sorry for their ex spouses and the kids. I have to restrain myself from giving them a severe tongue lashing at least and a head banging at most everytime I see them. Both work every day, have cars and places to live and seem to be oblivious of the fact that their offspring are suffering while they are going merrily on their way. It makes me mad
    Dave Fowler
    Badge #6847

Tonia Sims Guest

Angry deadbeat parents

You know what i agree with you on this. I also know a couple of deadbeat parents who are suppose to pay for child support to their children. When the judge orders them to pay they up and leave town and now you have to find them or you can't find them at all. I feel that their should be stricter laws for these deadbeat parents. It also saddens me to see them and also because i feel like the children deserve the best.All children.

Tonia Sims

I agree as well. Myself supporting two children for years by myself with a major deadbeat, has made my interests in this field become possible. I do recieve child support. I did some investigating of my own and tracked down the biological father, by making phone calls, asking questions, following leads, a little late night survaliences, and soon the last phone call just to verify his employment by posing as a leasing agent giving nothing more than his name and date of birth, only to get information from a local major security company that is helping him in his training to be,..... a yes you guessed it a PI. How ironic is that. I had so much fun doing it with results that were not easy to achieve, but well worth the effort.
    I want to help others like myself.
    Good luck in your adventures.
    Kerrie

Kerrie

I too am a parent with a dead beat dad. I know the feeling about tracking the dead beat parent down. I had to as well go though what you went through. But instead, when I asked for his name and they told me that he was out to lunch, I quickly asked for the address, hung the phone up, and went straight to the child support place and gave them his location. I was in court with him 2 months later, boy was he mad. (smile)
    Teresa Singletary

Badge #7088

Nice work Ladies! You have shown initiative in helping yourselves in an undesirable situation, and are to be commended for your actions. Keep up the good work, and we may all be working for you some day!

Fred

Shannon Marble is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Union Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    I have a vested interest in this as my father was a dead beat for a long time. I have found some friends dead beat parent and it made me as happy as it made them. Kkeep finding them, we do have a lousy system when it comes to that, and as I also do social work I see the need for a all state drivers liscense or something to keep tract of the dead beats as they travel around. Cudos to all of you finding them and for those who are suffering from a dead beat parent I applaud your strength in all you do.

While I personally have no children, it amazes me how some parents (both men and women) choose to ignore their responsibilities. I think all of us at one time or another have felt like running from a situation and forgetting such-and-such ever happened, but the difference between thinking about it and following through with it is a level of maturity and class. Besides, wouldn't it be a heck of a lot of work to move and start over? I know I wouldn't want to do that.

In any event, getting back to the original post, I found it interesting that this type of job listing was advertised. I wish they had something like that in my area.

Diane Hughes is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of the International Pivate Investigators Union (IPIU)

Thumbs up You Go Girl!!!!!!

Kerrie

You go girl! I like what you did and after going through the courts with my son's dad I know how everyone feels. That was the whole idea for me was to do child support investigations. I too am receiving my support now, after seven years. I am a single mom and believe me every bit helps. So keep up the good work and God Bless.

Diane
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrie A Bartlein
    I agree as well. Myself supporting two children for years by myself with a major deadbeat, has made my interests in this field become possible. I do recieve child support. I did some investigating of my own and tracked down the biological father, by making phone calls, asking questions, following leads, a little late night survaliences, and soon the last phone call just to verify his employment by posing as a leasing agent giving nothing more than his name and date of birth, only to get information from a local major security company that is helping him in his training to be,..... a yes you guessed it a PI. How ironic is that. I had so much fun doing it with results that were not easy to achieve, but well worth the effort.
    I want to help others like myself.
    Good luck in your adventures.
    Kerrie