Thread: From Private Investigator Trainee to Achieving more than I ever believed.

Michael Newman is offline Licensed Private Investigator
    Certified

Corporate Agency Associate Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

From Private Investigator Trainee to Achieving more than I ever believed.

Many of the members of the International Private Investigators Union know me. But I have not always been the most contributing person on this planet.

Back in the day I was very angry. I had good parents, but whatever happened during Jr High School and High School left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. And my life as a young adult took the wrong turn because I did not have a good road map to where I should have found joy and happiness.

It was not until I was forced to own up to some early mistakes when someone I respected told me I should make a study out of life, at least from the good people who put their road maps down on paper and took the time to publish a book (or rather a course) that any sixth grader could read and understand.

And because such a book and course helped me discover my potential, while providing me with lessons that would take a long time for me to endure, I can actually say today that I have arrived.

What is this "book" that gave me such inspiration and aided me in becoming an advanced student in life? Well, below is the beginning chapter of the book in which I would like to see of anyone sees not only the common sense, but also the inspiration it can offer. And it was published just after the 1929 stock market crash, even though the contents of this book was in research for over 10 years - all based on practical stories from the most successful men and women in America at the time.

With that, allow the following to speak for itself:

(Narrow your web browser so that the text is easier to read from left to right)

"Every great railroad, and every outstanding financial institution and every mammoth business enterprise, and every great invention, began in the imagination of some one person.

F. W. Woolworth created the Five and Ten Cent Store Plan in his imagination before it became a reality and made him a multimillionaire.

Thomas A. Edison created the talking machine and the moving picture machine and the incandescent electric light bulb and scores of other useful inventions, in his own imagination, before they became a reality.

During the Chicago fire scores of merchants whose stores went up in smoke stood near the smouldering embers of their former places of business, grieving over their loss. Many of them decided to go away into other cities and start over again. In the group was Marshall Field, who saw, in his own imagination, the world's greatest retail store, standing on the selfsame spot where his former store had stood, which was then but a ruined mass of smoking timbers. That store became a reality.

Fortunate is the young man or young woman who learns, early in life, to use imagination, and doubly so in this age of greater opportunity. Imagination is a faculty of the mind, which can be cultivated, developed, extended and broadened by use.

If this were not true, this course on the Fifteen Laws of Success never would have been created, because it was first conceived in the author's imagination, from the mere seed of an idea which was sown by a chance remark of the late Andrew Carnegie.

Wherever you are, whoever you are, whatever you may be following as an occupation, there is room for you to make yourself more useful, and in that manner more productive, by developing and using your imagination.

Success in this world is always a matter of individual effort, yet you will only be deceiving yourself if you believe that you can succeed without the co-operation of other people.

Success is a matter of individual effort only to the extent that each person must decide, in his or her own mind, what is wanted. This involves the use of imagination.

From this point on, achieving success is a matter of skillfully and tactfully inducing others to cooperate. Before you can secure co-operation from others; nay, before you have the right to ask for or expect cooperation from other people, you must first show a willingness to co-operate with them.

For this reason the eighth lesson of this course, THE HABIT OF DOING MORE THAN PAID FOR, is one which should have your serious and thoughtful attention. The law upon which this lesson is based, would, of itself, practically insure success to all who practice it in all they do.

In the back pages of this Introduction you will observe a Personal Analysis Chart in which ten well known men have been analyzed for your study and comparison. Observe this chart carefully and note the "danger points" which mean failure to those who do not observe these signals.

Of the ten men analyzed eight are known to be successful, while two may be considered failures. Study, carefully, the reason why these two men failed. Then, study yourself. In the two columns which have been left blank for that purpose, give yourself a rating on each of the Fifteen Laws of Success at the beginning of this course; at the end of the course rate 8 yourself again and observe the improvements you have made.

The purpose of the Law of Success course is to enable you to find out how you may become more capable in your chosen field of work. To this end you will be analyzed and all of your qualities classified so you may organize them and make the best possible use of them. You may not like the work in which you are now engaged.

There are two ways of getting out of that work. One way is to take but little interest in what you are doing, aiming merely to do enough with which to "get by." Very soon you will find a way out, because the demand for your services will cease.

The other and better way is by making yourself so useful and efficient in what you are now doing that you will attract the favorable attention of those who have the power to promote you into more responsible work that is more to your liking.

It is your privilege to take your choice as to which way you will proceed. Again you are reminded of the importance of Lesson Nine of this course, through the aid of which you may avail yourself of this "better way" of promoting yourself.

Thousands of people walked over the great Calumet Copper Mine without discovering it. Just one lone man used his imagination dug down into the earth a few feet, investigated, and discovered the richest copper deposit on earth. You and every other person walk, at one time or another, over your "Calumet Mine."

Discovery is a matter of investigation and use of "imagination." This 9 course on the Fifteen Laws of Success may lead the way to your "Calumet," and you may be surprised when you discover that you were standing right over this rich mine, in the work in which you are now engaged. In his lecture on "Acres of Diamonds," Russell Conwell tells us that we need not seek opportunity in the distance; that we may find it right where we stand!

This course is the result of careful analysis of the life-work of over one hundred men and women who have achieved unusual success in their respective callings. The author of the course has been more than twenty years in gathering, classifying, testing and organizing the Fifteen Laws upon which the course is based.

In his labor he has received valuable assistance either in person or by studying the life-work of the following men:

Henry Ford
    Edward Bok
    Thomas A. Edison
    Cyrus H. K. Curtis
    Harvey S. Firestone
    George W. Perkins
    John D. Rockefeller
    Henry L. Doherty
    Charles M. Schwab
    George S. Parker
    Woodrow Wilson
    Dr. C. O. Henry
    Darwin P. Kingsley
    General Rufus
    Ayers
    Wm. Wrigley, Jr.
    Judge Elbert H. Gary
    D. Lasker
    William Howard Taft
    E. A. Filene
    Dr. Elmer Gates
    James J. Hill
    John W. Davis 11
    Captain George M. Alexander .
    Samuel Insul
    Judge Daniel T. Wright (One of the authors law instructors).
    Hugh Chalmers
    Dr. E. W. Strickler
    Elbert Hubbard
    Edwin C. Barnes
    Luther Burbank
    Robert L. Taylor (Fiddling Bob)
    O. H. Harriman
    John Burroughs
    George Eastman
    E. H. Harriman
    E. M. Statler
    Charles P. Steinmetz
    Andrew Carnegie
    Frank Vanderlip
    John Wanamaker
    Theodore Roosevelt
    Marshall Field
    Wm. H. French
    Dr. Alexander Graham Bell (To whom the author owes credit for most of Lesson One).

Of the men named, perhaps Henry Ford and Andrew Carnegie should be acknowledged as having contributed most toward the building of this course, for the reason that it was Andrew Carnegie who first suggested the writing of the course and Henry Ford whose life-work supplied much of the material out of which the course was developed.

Some of these men are now deceased, but to those who are still living the author wishes to make here grateful acknowledgment of the service they have rendered, without which this course never could have been written.

The author has studied the majority of these men at close range, in person. With many of them he enjoys, or did enjoy before their death, 12 the privilege of close personal friendship which enabled him to gather from their philosophy facts that would not have been available under other conditions.

The author is grateful for having enjoyed the privilege of enlisting the services of the most powerful men on earth, in the building of the Law of Success course. That privilege has been remuneration enough for the work done, if nothing more were ever received for it.

These men have been the back-bone and the foundation and the skeleton of American business, finance, industry and statesmanship. The Law of Success course epitomizes the philosophy and the rules of procedure, which made each of these men a great power in his chosen field of endeavor. It has been the author's intention to present the course in the plainest and most simple terms available, so it could be mastered by very young men and young women, of the highschool age.

With the exception of the psychological law referred to in Lesson One as the Master Mind, the author lays no claim to having created anything basically new in this course. What he has done, however, has been to organize old truths and known laws into PRACTICAL, USABLE FORM, where they may be properly interpreted and applied by the workaday man whose needs call for a philosophy of simplicity.

In passing upon the merits of the Law of Success Judge Elbert H. Gary said: "Two outstanding features connected with the philosophy impress me most. One is the simplicity with which it has been presented, and the other is the fact that its soundness is so obvious to all that it will be immediately accepted."

The student of this course is warned against passing judgment upon it before having read the entire sixteen lessons. This especially applies to this Introduction, in which it has been necessary to include brief reference to subjects of a more or less technical and scientific nature. The reason for this will be obvious after the student has read the entire sixteen lessons.

The student who takes up this course with an open mind, and sees to it that his or her mind remains "open" until the last lesson shall have been read, will be richly rewarded with a broader and more accurate view of life as a whole.

1. POWER what it is and how to create and use it.

2. CO-OPERATION - the psychology of co-operative effort and how to use it constructively.

3. THE MASTER MIND -how it is created through harmony of purpose and effort, between two or more people.

4. HENRY FORD, THOMAS A. EDISON and HARVEY S. FIRESTONE - the secret of their power and wealth.

5. THE "BIG SIX" how they made the law of the "Master Mind" yield them a profit of more than $25,000,000.00 a year.

6. IMAGINATION - how to stimulate it so that it will create practical plans and new ideas.

7. TELEPATHY - how thought passes from one mind to another through the ether. Every brain both a broadcasting and a receiving station for thought.

8. HOW SALESMEN and PUBLIC SPEAKERS "sense" or "tune in" on the thoughts of their audiences.

9. VIBRATION - described by Dr. Alexander Graham Bell, inventor of the Long Distance Telephone.

10. AIR and ETHER how they carry vibrations.

11. HOW and WHY ideas "flash" into the mind from unknown sources.

12. HISTORY of the Law of Success Philosophy, covering a period of over twenty-five years of scientific research and experimentation.

13. JUDGE ELBERT H. GARY reads, approves and adopts the Law of Success course.

14. ANDREW CARNEGIE responsible for beginning of Law of Success course.

15. LAW OF SUCCESS TRAINING - helps group of salespeople earn $1,000,000.00.

16. SO-CALLED SPIRITUALISM explained.

17. ORGANIZED EFFORT the source of all power.

18. HOW TO ANALYZE yourself.

19. HOW A SMALL FORTUNE was made from an old, worked-out, worthless (?) farm.

20. THERE'S A GOLD MINE in your present occupation if you will follow directions and dig for it.

21. THERE'S PLENTY OF READY CAPITAL for development of any practical idea or plan you may create.

22. SOME REASONS why people fail.

23. WHY HENRY FORD is the most powerful man on earth, and how others may use the principles, which give him his power.

24. WHY SOME PEOPLE antagonize others without knowing it.

25. THE EFFECT of sexual contact as a mind stimulant and health builder.

26. WHAT happens in the religious orgy known as the "revival."

27. WHAT we have learned from "Nature's Bible."

28. CHEMISTRY of the mind; how it will make or destroy you.

29. WHAT is meant by the "psychological moment" in Salesmanship.

30. THE MIND becomes devitalized - how to "recharge" it.

31. THE VALUE and meaning of harmony in all cooperative effort.

32. OF WHAT do Henry Ford's assets consist? The answer.

33. THIS IS THE AGE of mergers and highly organized co-operative effort.

34. WOODROW WILSON had in mind the law of the "Master Mind" in his plan for a League of Nations.

35. SUCCESS is a matter of tactful negotiation with other people.

36. EVERY HUMAN BEING possesses at least two distinct personalities; one destructive and one constructive.

37. EDUCATION generally misunderstood to mean instruction or memorizing of rules. It really means development from within, of the human mind, through unfoldment and use.

38. TWO METHODS of gathering knowledge, through personal experience and by assimilating the knowledge gained through experience by others.

39. PERSONAL ANALYSIS of;

Henry Ford,
    Benjamin Franklin,
    George Washington,
    Abraham Lincoln,
    Theodore Roosevelt,
    Wm. Howard Taft,
    Woodrow Wilson,
    Napoleon Bonaparte,
    Calvin Coolidge
    Jesse James.

40. AUTHOR'S "After-the-Lesson Visit."

THIS is a course on the fundamentals of Success. Success is very largely a matter of adjusting one's self to the ever varying and changing environments of life, in a spirit of harmony and poise.

Harmony is based upon understanding of the forces constituting one's environment; therefore, this course is in reality a blueprint that may be followed straight to success, because it helps the student to interpret, understand and make the most of these environmental forces of life.

Before you begin reading the Law of Success lessons you should know something of the history of the course. You should know exactly what the course promises to those who follow it until they have assimilated the laws and principles upon which it is based. You should know its limitations as well as its possibilities as an aid in your fight for a place in the world.

From the viewpoint of entertainment the Law of Success course would be a poor second for most any of the monthly periodicals of the "Snappy Story" variety which may be found upon the news stands of today. The course has been created for the serious-minded person who devotes at least a portion of his or her time to the business of succeeding in life.

The author of the Law of Success course has not intended to compete with those who write purely for the purpose of entertaining. The author's aim, in preparing this course, has been of a two-fold nature, namely, first-to help the earnest student find out what are his 20 or her weaknesses, and, secondly-to help create a DEFINITE PLAN for bridging those weaknesses.

The most successful men and women on earth have had to correct certain weak spots in their personalities before they began to succeed. The most outstanding of these weaknesses which stand between men and women and success are;

INTOLERANCE,

CUPIDITY,

GREED,

JEALOUSY,

SUSPICION,

REVENGE,

EGOTISM,

CONCEIT,

THE TENDENCY TO REAP WHERE THEY HAVE NOT SOWN,

The HABIT OF SPENDING MORE THAN THEY EARN.

All of these common enemies of mankind, and many more not here mentioned, are covered by the Law of Success course in such a manner that any person of reasonable intelligence may master them with but little effort or inconvenience.

ou should know, at the very outset, that the Law of Success course has long since passed through the experimental state; that it already has to its credit a record of achievement that is worthy of serious thought and analysis.

You should know, also, that the Law of Success course has been examined and endorsed by some of the most practical minds of this generation. The Law of Success course was first used as a lecture, and was delivered by its author in practically every city and in many of the smaller localities, throughout the United States, over a period of more than seven years.

Perhaps you were one of the many hundreds of thousands of people who heard this lecture. During these lectures the author had assistants located in the audiences for the purpose of interpreting the reaction of those who heard the lecture, and in this manner he learned exactly what effect it had upon people.

As a result of this study and analysis many changes were made. The first big victory was gained for the Law of Success philosophy when it was used by the author as the basis of a course with which 3,000 men and women were trained as a sales army. The majority of these people were without previous experience, of any sort, in the field of selling. Through this training they were enabled to earn more than One Million Dollars ($1,000,000.00) for themselves and paid the author 30,000.00 for his services, covering a period of approximately six months.

The individuals and small groups of salespeople who have found success through the aid of this course are too numerous to be mentioned in this Introduction, but the number is large and the benefits they derived from the course were definite. The Law of Success philosophy was brought to the attention of the late Don R. Mellett, former publisher of the Canton (Ohio) Daily News, who formed a partnership with the author of the course and was preparing to resign as publisher of the Canton Daily News and take up the business management of the author's affairs when he was assassinated on July 16, 1926.

Prior to his death Mr. Mellett had made arrangements with judge Elbert H. Gary, who was then Chairman of the Board of the United States Steel Corporation, to present the Law of Success course to every employee of the Steel Corporation, at a total cost of something like $150,000.00.

This plan was halted because of judge Gary's death, but it proves that the author of the Law of Success has produced an educational plan of an enduring nature. Judge Gary was eminently prepared to judge the value of such a course, and the fact that he analyzed the Law of Success philosophy and was preparing to invest the huge sum of $150,000.00 in it is proof of the soundness of all that is said in behalf of the course.

You will observe, in this General Introduction to the course, a few technical terms, which may not be plain to you. Do not allow this to bother you. Make no attempt at first reading to understand these terms. They will be plain to you after you read the remainder of the course.

This entire Introduction is intended only as a background for the other fifteen lessons of the course, and you should read it as such. You will not be examined on this Introduction, but you should read it many times, as you will get from it at each reading a thought or an idea which you did not get on previous readings.

In this Introduction you will find a description of a newly discovered law of psychology which is the very foundation stone of all outstanding personal achievements. This law has been referred to by the author as the Master Mind, meaning a mind that is developed through the harmonious co-operation of two or more people who ally themselves for the purpose of accomplishing any given task.

If you are engaged in the business of selling you may profitably experiment with this law of the Master Mind in your daily work. It has been found that a group of six or seven salespeople may use the law so effectively that their sales may be increased to unbelievable proportions.

Life Insurance is supposed to be the hardest thing on earth to sell. This ought not to be true, with an established necessity such as life insurance, but it is. Despite this fact, a small group of men working for the Prudential Life Insurance Company, whose sales are mostly small policies, formed a little friendly group for the purpose of experimenting with the law of the Master Mind with the result that every man in the group wrote more insurance during the first three months of the experiment than he had ever written in an entire year before.

What may be accomplished through the aid of this principle, by any small group of intelligent life-insurance salesmen who have learned how to apply the law of the Master Mind will stagger the imagination of the most highly optimistic and imaginative person.

The same may be said of other groups of salespeople who are engaged in selling merchandise and other more tangible forms of service than life insurance.

Bear this in mind as you read this Introduction to the Law of Success course and it is not unreasonable to expect that this Introduction, alone, may give you sufficient understanding of the law to change the entire course of your life.

It is the personalities back of a business which determine the measure of success the business will enjoy. Modify those personalities so they are more pleasing and more attractive to the patrons of the business and the business will thrive.

In any of the great cities of the United States one may purchase merchandise of similar nature and price in scores of stores, yet you will find there is always one outstanding store which does more business than any of the others, and the reason for this is that back of that store is a man, or men, who has attended to the personalities of those who come in contact with the public.

People buy personalities as much as merchandise, and it is a question if they are not influenced more by the personalities with which they come in contact than they are by the merchandise. Life insurance has been reduced to such a scientific basis that the cost of insurance does not vary to any great extent, regardless of the company from which one purchases it, yet out of the hundreds of life insurance companies doing business less than a dozen companies do the bulk of the business of the United States.

Why?

Personalities!

Ninety-nine people out of every hundred who purchase life insurance policies do not know what is in their policies and, what seems more startling, do not seem to care. What they really purchase is the pleasing personality of some man or woman who knows the value of cultivating such a personality.

Your business in life, or at least the most important part of it, is to achieve success. Success, within the meaning of that term as covered by this course on the Fifteen Laws of Success, is "the attainment of your Definite Chief Aim without violating the rights of other people."

Regardless of what your major aim in life may be, you will attain it with much less difficulty after you learn how to cultivate a pleasing personality and after you have learned the delicate art of allying yourself with others in a given undertaking without friction or envy.

One of the greatest problems of life, if not, in fact, the greatest, is that of learning the art of harmonious negotiation with others.
    This course was created for the purpose of teaching people how to negotiate their way through life with harmony and poise, free from the destructive effects of disagreement and friction which bring millions of people to misery, want and failure every year.

With this statement of the purpose of the course you should be able to approach the lessons with the feeling that a complete transformation is about to take place in your personality. You cannot enjoy outstanding success in life without power, and you can never enjoy power without sufficient personality to influence other people to cooperate with you in a spirit of harmony.

This course shows you step by step how to develop such a personality. Lesson by lesson, the following is a statement of that which you may expect to receive from the Fifteen Laws of Success:

I. A DEFINITE CHIEF AIM will teach you how to save the wasted effort, which the majority of people expend in trying to find 25 their lifework. This lesson will show you how to do away forever with aimlessness and fix your heart and hand upon some definite, well-conceived purpose as a life work.

II. SELF-CONFIDENCE will help you master the six basic fears with which every person is cursed

the fear of Poverty,
    the fear of Ill Health,
    the fear of Old Age,
    the fear of Criticism,
    the fear of Loss of Love of Someone
    and the fear of Death.
    It will teach you the difference between egotism and real self-confidence which is based upon definite, usable knowledge.

III. HABIT OF SAVING will teach you how to distribute your income systematically so that a definite percentage of it will steadily accumulate, thus forming one of the greatest known sources of personal power. No one may succeed in life without saving money. There is no exception to this rule, and no one may escape it.

IV. INITIATIVE AND LEADERSHIP will show you how to become a leader instead of a follower in your chosen field of endeavor. It will develop in you the instinct for leadership, which will cause you gradually to gravitate, to the top in all undertakings in which you participate.

V. IMAGINATION will stimulate your mind so that you will conceive new ideas and develop new plans which will help you in attaining the object of your Definite Chief Aim. This lesson will teach you how to "build new houses out of old stones," so to speak.

It will show you how to create new ideas out of old, well known concepts, and how to put old ideas to new uses. This one lesson, alone, is the equivalent of a very practical course in salesmanship, and it is sure to prove a veritable gold mine of knowledge to the person who is in earnest.
    VI. ENTHUSIASM will enable you to "saturate" all with whom you come in contact with interest in you and in your ideas. Enthusiasm is the foundation of a Pleasing Personality, and you must have such a personality in order to influence others to co-operate with you.

VII. SELF-CONTROL is the "balance wheel" with which you control your enthusiasm and direct it where you wish it to carry you. This lesson will teach you, in a most practical manner, to become "the master of your fate, the Captain of your Soul."

VIII. THE HABIT OF DOING MORE THAN PAID FOR is one of the most important lessons of the Law of Success course. It will teach you how to take advantage of the Law of Increasing Returns, which will eventually insure you a return in money far out of proportion to the service you render. No one may become a real leader in any walk of life without practicing the habit of doing more work and better work than that for which he is paid.

IX. PLEASING PERSONALITY is the "fulcrum" on which you must place the "crow-bar" of your efforts, and when so placed, with intelligence, it will enable you to remove mountains of obstacles. This one lesson, alone, has made scores of Master Salesmen. It has developed leaders over night. It will teach you how to transform your personality so that you may adapt yourself to any environment, or to any other personality, in such a manner that you may easily dominate.

X. ACCURATE THINKING is one of the important foundation stones of all enduring success. This lesson teaches you how to separate "facts" from mere "information." It teaches you how to organize known facts into two classes: the "important" and the "unimportant." It teaches you how to determine what is an "important" fact. It teaches you how to build definite working plans, in the pursuit of any calling, out of FACTS.

XI. CONCENTRATION teaches you how to focus your attention upon one subject at a time until you have worked out practical plans for mastering that subject. It will teach you how to ally yourself with others in such a manner that you may have the use of their entire knowledge to back you up in your own plans and purposes. It will give you a practical working knowledge of the forces around you, and show you how to harness and use these forces in furthering your own interests.

XII. CO-OPERATION will teach you the value of team-work in all you do. In this lesson you will be taught how to apply the law of the "Master Mind" described in this Introduction and in Lesson Two of this course. This lesson will show you how to co-ordinate your own efforts with those of others, in such a manner that friction, jealousy, strife, envy and cupidity will be eliminated. You will learn how to make use of all that other people have learned about the work in which you are engaged.

XIII. PROFITING BY FAILURE will teach you how to make stepping stones out of all of your past and future mistakes 28 and failures. It will teach you the difference between "failure" and "temporary defeat," a difference which is very great and very important. It will teach you how to profit by your own failures and by the failures of other people.

XIV. TOLERANCE will teach you how to avoid the disastrous effects of racial and religious prejudices which mean defeat for millions of people who permit themselves to become entangled in foolish argument over these subjects, thereby poisoning their own minds and closing the door to reason and investigation.

This lesson is the twin sister of the one on ACCURATE THOUGHT, for the reason that no one may become an Accurate Thinker without practicing tolerance. Intolerance closes the book of Knowledge and writes on the cover, "Finis! I have learned it all!" Intolerance makes enemies of those who should be friends. It destroys opportunity and fills the mind with doubt, mistrust and prejudice.

XV. PRACTICING THE GOLDEN RULE will teach you how to make use of this great universal law of human conduct in such a manner that you may easily get harmonious cooperation from any individual or group of individuals. Lack of understanding of the law upon which the Golden Rule philosophy is based is one of the major causes of failure of millions of people who remain in misery, poverty and want all their lives.

This lesson has nothing whatsoever to do with religion in any form, nor with sectarianism, nor have any of the other lessons of this course on the Law of Success.

When you have mastered these Fifteen Laws and made them your own, as you may do within a period of from fifteen to thirty weeks, you will be ready to develop sufficient personal power to insure the attainment of your Definite Chief Aim.

(pd1-13)

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

Re: From Private Investigator Trainee to Achieving more than I ever believed.

Thank you, Michael. That is quite a chapter.

Thank you, Michael. This is very inspiring.

Pete Cornejo -- is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:

Many times I find in life I must sell my products through persuasion not through the product itself putting life to the product sells the product. This was a well written piece of literature

John Sanderson is offline Lifetime Member

Corporate Agency Member of:

Michael,

I have to admit that when I first woke this morning and checked the forums, I was amazed to see your name in the Testimonial Forum. At the time I was unable to dedicate the time to reading the post, but eagerly anticipated studying the post when I returned.

I must admit, though I admire a lot of members here, you are among the highest on my list. I have seen the results of your skill, and with amazement I might add. You are one of the greatest mysteries of the IPIU I have yet to unlock for my personal knowledge and achievement.

I have preceded my end thought with the above because I really want you to know how much I look up to you, though the following might stir thoughts to the contrary.

Though I have been urged to read many books, only one has made a real difference in my personal and professional life. This book and those recommended like it continue to change me for the better in my personal life, family life, and professional life. Time and again, from several people, I am encouraged to read yet another book.

To be honest I can agree with your statement as follows, "Many of the members of the International Private Investigators Union know me. But I have not always been the most contributing person on this planet."

I would disagree somewhat to your mentioning of not contributing. However, none of us really know you except when your presence is really called for. Which is where you and I usually end up working together in one manner or another.

I know this is the Unsolicited Testimonial Forum, and the following is a solicitation, but what I would really appreciate and benefit from is a book that either you wrote, or a testimonial about your path from trainee to current aside from a quote from a book.

Thank-you for taking the time to write the quote into the forums. I for one know the amount of time it must have taken, as I also know it will benefit me to read when I have the time.

Certified

Thank you all for your encouraging comments.

This last week I was reminded of the following: We become what we think about most of the time.

So what happens when we do not think in an organized manner. Too many thoughts, too many ideas (or too many lack of ideas)? Or perhaps we think about the wrong ideas that will lead to actions we do not want to commit, or lead to non-actions.

Here is the next quote you might enjoy:

(Narrow your web browser so that the text is easier to read from left to right)

"The purpose of these Fifteen Laws is to develop or help you organize all the knowledge you have, and all you acquire in the future, so you may turn this knowledge into POWER. You should read the Law of Success course with a note-book by your side, for you will observe that ideas will begin to "flash" into your mind as you read, as to ways and means of using these laws in advancing your own interests.

You should also begin teaching these laws to those in whom you are most interested, as it is a well known fact that the more one tries to teach a subject the more he learns about that subject. A man who has a family of young boys and girls may so indelibly fix these Fifteen Laws of Success in their minds that this teaching will change the entire course of their lives.

The man with a family should interest his wife in studying this course with him, for reasons which will be plain before you complete reading this Introduction.

POWER is one of the three basic objects of human endeavor. POWER is of two classes-that which is developed through coordination of natural physical laws, and that which is developed by organizing and classifying KNOWLEDGE.

POWER growing out of organized knowledge is the more important because it places in man's possession a tool with which he may transform, redirect and to some extent harness and use the other form of power. The object of this reading course is to mark the route by which the student may safely travel in gathering such facts as he may wish to weave into his fabric of KNOWLEDGE.

There are two major methods of gathering knowledge, namely, by studying, classifying and assimilating facts which have been organized by other people, and through one's own process of gathering, organizing and classifying facts, generally called "personal experience."

This lesson deals mainly with the ways and means of studying the facts and data gathered and classified by other people. The state of advancement known as "civilization" is but the measure of knowledge, which the race has accumulated. This knowledge is of two classes - mental and physical.

Among the useful knowledge organized by man, he has discovered and catalogued the eighty-odd physical elements of which all material forms in the universe consist. By study and analysis and accurate measurements man has discovered the "bigness" of the material side of the universe as represented by planets, suns and stars, some of which are known to be over ten million times as large as the little earth on which he lives.

On the other hand, man has discovered the "littleness" of the physical forms which constitute the universe by reducing the eighty-odd physical elements to molecules, atoms, and, finally, to the smallest particle, the electron. An electron cannot be seen; it is but a center of force consisting of a positive or a negative. The electron is the beginning of everything of a physical nature.
    MOLECULES, ATOMS AND ELECTRONS

To understand both the detail and the perspective of the process through which knowledge is gathered, organized and classified, it seems essential for the student to begin with the smallest and simplest particles of physical matter, because these are the A B C's with which Nature has constructed the entire frame-work of the physical portion of the universe.

The molecule consists of atoms, which are said to be little invisible particles of matter revolving continuously with the speed of lightning, on the same principle that the earth revolves around the sun. These little particles of matter known as atoms, which revolve in one continuous circuit, in the molecule, are said to be made up of electrons, the smallest particles of physical matter.

As already stated, the electron is nothing but two forms of force. The electron is uniform, of but one class, size and nature; thus in a grain of sand or a drop of water the entire principle upon which the whole universe operates is duplicated.

How marvelous!

How stupendous!

You may gather some slight idea of the magnitude of it all the next time you eat a meal, by remembering that every article of food you eat, the plate on which you eat it, the tableware and the table itself are, in final analysis, but a collection of ELECTRONS.

In the world of physical matter, whether one is looking at the largest star that floats through the heavens or the smallest grain of sand to be found on earth, the object under observation is but an organized collection of molecules, atoms and electrons revolving around one another at inconceivable speed.

Every particle of physical matter is in a continuous state of highly agitated motion. Nothing is ever still, although nearly all physical matter may appear, to the physical eye, to be motionless. There is no "solid" physical matter. The hardest piece of steel is but an organized mass of revolving molecules, atoms and electrons. Moreover, the electrons in a piece of steel are of the same nature, and move at the same rate of speed as the electrons in gold, silver, brass or pewter.

The eighty-odd forms of physical matter appear to be different from one another, and they are different, because they are made up of different combinations of atoms (although the electrons in these atoms are always the same, except that some electrons are positive and some are negative, meaning that some carry a positive charge of electrification while others carry a negative charge).
    Don't be afraid of a little opposition. Remember that the "Kite" of Success generally rises AGAINST the wind of Adversity - not with it!

Through the science of chemistry, matter may be broken up into atoms which are, within themselves, unchangeable. The eighty-odd elements are created through and by reason of combining and changing of the positions of the atoms. To illustrate the modus operandi of chemistry through which this change of atomic position is wrought, in terms of modern science:

Add four electrons (two positive and two negative) to the hydrogen atom, and you have the element lithium; knock out of the lithium atom (composed of three positive and three negative electrons) one positive and one negative electron, and you have one atom of helium (composed of two positive and two negative electrons)

Thus it may be seen that the eighty-odd physical elements of the universe differ from one another only in the number of electrons composing their atoms, and the number and arrangement of those atoms in the molecules of each element.

As an illustration, an atom of mercury contains eighty positive charges (electrons) in its nucleus, and eighty negative outlying charges (electrons). If the chemist were to expel two of its positive electrons it would instantly become the metal known as platinum. If the chemist could then go a step further and take from it a negative ("planetary") electron, the mercury atom would then have lost two positive electrons and one negative;

That is, one positive charge on the whole;

Hence it would retain seventy-nine positive charges in the nucleus and seventy-nine outlying negative electrons, thereby becoming GOLD !

The formula through which this electronic change might be produced has been the object of diligent search by the alchemists all down the ages, and by the modern chemists of today.

It is a fact known to every chemist that literally tens of thousands of synthetic substances may be composed out of only four kinds of atoms, viz.: hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen and carbon.

Differences in the number of electrons in atoms confer upon them qualitative (chemical) differences, though all atoms of any one element are chemically alike.

Differences in the number and spacial arrangement of these atoms (in groups of molecules) constitute both physic al and chemical differences in substances, i.e., in compounds.

Quite different substances are produced by combinations of precisely the same kinds of atoms, but in different proportions. "Take from a molecule of certain substances one single atom, and they may be changed from a compound necessary to life and growth into a deadly poison.

Phosphorus is an element, and thus contains but one kind of atoms; but some phosphorus is yellow and some is red, varying with the spacial distribution of the atoms in the molecules composing the phosphorus."

It may be stated as a literal truth that the atom is the universal particle with which Nature builds all material forms, from a grain of sand to the largest star that floats through space. The atom is Nature's "building block" out of which she erects an oak tree or a pine, a rock of sandstone or granite, a mouse or an elephant.

Some of the ablest thinkers have reasoned that the earth on which we live, and every material particle on the earth, began with two atoms which attached themselves to each other, and through hundreds of millions of years of flight through space, kept contacting and accumulating other atoms until, step by step, the earth was formed. This, they point out, would account for the various and differing strata of the earth's substances, such as the coal beds, the iron ore deposits, the gold and silver deposits, the copper deposits, etc.

They reason that, as the earth whirled through space, it contacted groups of various kinds of nebulae, or atoms, which it promptly appropriated, through the law of magnetic attraction. There is much to be seen, in the earth's surface composition, to support this theory, although there may be no positive evidence of its soundness.

These facts concerning the smallest analyzable particles of matter have been briefly referred to as a starting point from which we shall undertake to ascertain how to develop and apply the law of POWER.

It has been noticed that all matter is in a constant state of vibration or motion; that the molecule is made up of rapidly moving particles called atoms, which, in turn, are made up of rapidly moving particles called electrons.

In every particle of matter there is an invisible "fluid" or force which causes the atoms to circle around one another at an inconceivable rate of speed. This "fluid" is a form of energy which has never been analyzed. Thus far it has baffled the entire scientific world. By many scientists it is believed to be the same energy as that which we call electricity. Others prefer to call it vibration.
    It is believed by some investigators that the rate of speed with which this force (call it whatever you will) moves determines to a large extent the nature of the outward visible appearance of the physical objects of the universe.

One rate of vibration of this "fluid energy" causes what is known as sound. The human ear can detect only the sound, which is produced through from 32,000 to 38,000 vibrations per second. As the rate of vibrations per second increases above that which we call sound they begin to manifest themselves in the form of heat.

Heat begins with about 1,500,000 vibrations per second. Still higher up the scale vibrations begin to register in the form of light. 3,000,000 vibrations per second create violet light. Above this number vibration sheds ultra-violet rays (which are invisible to the naked eye) and other invisible radiations.

And, still higher up the scale - just how high no one at present seems to know - vibrations create the power with which man THINKS.

It is the belief of the author that the "fluid" portion of all vibration, out of which grow all known forms of energy, is universal in nature; that the "fluid" portion of sound is the same as the "fluid" portion of light, the difference in effect between sound and light being only a difference in rate of vibration, also that the "fluid" portion of thought is exactly the same as that in sound, heat and light, excepting the number of vibrations per second.

Just as there is but one form of physical matter, of which the earth and all the other planets - suns and stars - are composed - the electrons is there but one form of "fluid" energy, which causes all matter to remain in a constant state of rapid motion.

AIR AND ETHER

The vast space between the suns, moons, stars and other planets of the universe is filled with a form of energy known as ether. It is this author's belief that the "fluid" energy which keeps all particles of matter in motion is the same as the universal "fluid" known as ether which fills all the space of the universe.

Within a certain distance of the earth's surface, estimated by some to be about fifty miles, there exists what is called air, which is a gaseous substance composed of oxygen and nitrogen.

Air is a conductor of sound vibrations, but a non-conductor of light and the higher vibrations, which are carried by the ether. The ether is a conductor of all vibrations from sound to thought.

Air is a localized substance, which performs, in the main, the service of feeding all animal and plant life with oxygen and nitrogen, without which neither could exist.
    Nitrogen is one of the chief necessities of plant life and oxygen one of the mainstays of animal life. Near the top of very high mountains the air becomes very light, because it contains but little nitrogen, which is the reason why plant life cannot exist there.

On the other hand, the "light" air found in high altitudes consists largely of oxygen, which is the chief reason why tubercular patients are sent to high altitudes.

Render more service than that for which you are paid and you will soon be paid for more than you render. The law of "Increasing Returns" takes care of this. Even this brief statement concerning molecules, atoms, electrons, air, ether and the like, may be heavy reading to the student, but, as will be seen shortly, this introduction plays an essential part as the foundation of this lesson. Do not become discouraged if the description of this foundation appears to have none of the thrilling effects of a modern tale of fiction.

You are seriously engaged in finding out what are your available powers and how to organize and apply these powers. To complete this discovery successfully you must combine determination, persistency and a well-defined DESIRE to gather and organize knowledge.

The late Dr. Alexander Graham Bell, inventor of the long distance telephone and one of the accepted authorities on the subject of vibration, is here introduced in support of this author's theories concerning the subject of vibration: Suppose you have the power to make an iron rod vibrate with any desired frequency in a dark room.

At first, when vibrating slowly, its movement will be indicated by only one sense, that of touch. As soon as the vibrations increase, a low sound will emanate from it and it will appeal to two senses.

At about 32,000 vibrations to the second the sound will be loud and shrill, but at 40,000 vibrations it will be silent and the movements of the rod will not be perceived by touch. Its movements will be perceived by no ordinary human sense. From this point up to about 1,500,000 vibrations per second, we have no sense that can appreciate any effect of the intervening vibrations.

After that stage is reached, movement is indicated first by the sense of temperature and then, when the rod becomes red hot, by the sense of sight. At 3,000,000 it sheds violet light. Above that it sheds ultra-violet rays and other invisible radiations, some of which can be perceived by instruments and employed by us.

Now it has occurred to me that there must be a great deal to be learned about the effect of those vibrations in the great gap where the ordinary human senses are unable to hear, see or feel the movement. The power to send wireless messages by ether vibrations lies in that gap, but the gap is so great that it seems there must be much more.

You must make machines practically to supply new senses, as the wireless instruments do. Can it be said, when you think of that great gap, that there are not many forms of vibrations that may give us results as wonderful as, or even more wonderful than, the wireless waves?

It seems to me that in this gap lie the vibrations which we have assumed to be given off by our brains and nerve cells when we think. But then, again, they may be higher up, in the scale beyond the vibrations that produce the ultra-violet rays.

[AUTHOR'S NOTE: The last sentence suggests the theory held by this author.]

Do we need a wire to carry these vibrations?

Will they not pass through the ether without a wire, just as the wireless waves do?

How will they be perceived by the recipient?

Will he hear a series of signals or will he find that another man's thoughts have entered into his brain?

We may indulge in some speculations based on what we know of the wireless waves, which, as I have said, are all we can recognize of a vast series of vibrations which theoretically must exist. If the thought waves are similar to the wireless waves, they must pass from the brain and flow endlessly around the world and the universe.

The body and the skull and other solid obstacles would form no obstruction to their passage, as they pass through the ether which surrounds the molecules of every substance, no matter how solid and dense.

You ask if there would not be constant interference and confusion if other people's thoughts were flowing through our brains and setting up thoughts in them that did not originate with ourselves?

How do you know that other men's thoughts are not interfering with yours now?

I have noticed a good many phenomena of mind disturbances that I have never been able to explain.

For instance, there is the inspiration or the discouragement that a speaker feels in addressing an audience. I have experienced this many times in my life and have never been able to define exactly the physical causes of it.

Many recent scientific discoveries, in my opinion, point to a day not far distant perhaps, when men will read one another's thoughts, when thoughts will be conveyed directly from brain to brain without intervention of speech, writing or any of the present known methods of communication.

It is not unreasonable to look forward to a time when we shall see without eyes, hear without ears and talk without tongues. Briefly, the hypothesis that mind can communicate directly with mind rests on the theory that thought or vital force is a form of electrical disturbance, that it can be taken up by induction and transmitted to a distance either through a wire or simply through the all-pervading ether, as in the case of wireless telegraph waves.

There are many analogies, which suggest that thought is of the nature of an electrical disturbance. A nerve, which is of the same substance as the brain, is an excellent conductor of the electric current. When we first passed an electrical current through the nerves of a dead man we were shocked and amazed to see him sit up and move. The electrified nerves produced contraction of the muscles very much as in life.

The nerves appear to act upon the muscles very much as the electric current acts upon an electromagnet. The current magnetizes a bar of iron placed at right angles to it, and the nerves produce, through the intangible current of vital force that flows through them, contraction of the muscular fibers that are arranged at right angles to them. It would be possible to cite many reasons why thought and vital force may be regarded as of the same nature as electricity. The electric current is held to be a wave motion of the ether, the hypothetical substance that fills all space and pervades all substances.

We believe that there must be ether because without it the electric current could not pass through a vacuum, or sunlight through space. It is reasonable to believe that only a wave motion of a similar character can produce the phenomena of thought and vital force. We may assume that the brain cells act as a battery and that the current produced flows along the nerves. "But does it end there?

Does it not pass out of the body in waves which flow around the world unperceived by our senses, just as the wireless waves passed unperceived before Hertz and others discovered their existence?"

EVERY MIND BOTH A BROADCASTING AND A RECEIVING STATION

This author has proved, times too numerous to enumerate, to his own satisfaction at least, that every human brain is both a broadcasting and a receiving station for vibrations of thought frequency. If this theory should turn out to be a fact, and methods of reasonable control should be established, imagine the part it would play in the gathering, classifying and organizing of knowledge.

The possibility, much less the probability, of such a reality, staggers the mind of man!

Thomas Paine was one of the great minds of the American Revolutionary Period. To him more, perhaps, than to any other one person, we owe both the beginning and the happy ending of the Revolution, for it was his keen mind that both helped in drawing up the Declaration of Independence and in persuading the signers of that document to translate it into terms of reality.

Every failure is a blessing in disguise, providing it teaches some needed lesson one could not have learned without it. Most so-called Failures are only temporary defeats. In speaking of the source of his great storehouse of knowledge, Paine thus described it:

"Any person, who has made observations on the state of progress of the human mind, by observing his own, cannot but have observed that there are two distinct classes of what are called Thoughts: those that we produce in ourselves by reflection and the act of thinking, and those that bolt into the mind of their own accord. I have always made it a rule to treat these voluntary visitors with civility, taking care to examine, as well as I was able, if they were worth entertaining; and it is from them I have acquired almost all the knowledge that I have.

As to the learning that any person gains from school education, it serves only like a small capital, to put him in the way of beginning learning for himself afterwards. Every person of learning is finally his own teacher, the reason for which is, that principles cannot be impressed upon the memory; their place of mental residence is the understanding, and they are never so lasting as when they begin by conception."

In the foregoing words Paine, the great American patriot and philosopher, described an experience which at one time or another is the experience of every person. Who is there so unfortunate as not to have received positive evidence that thoughts and even complete ideas will "pop" into the mind from outside sources?

What means of conveyance is there for such visitors except the ether?

Ether fills the boundless space of the universe. It is the medium of conveyance for all known forms of vibration such as sound, light and heat.

Why should it not be, also, the medium of conveyance of the vibration of Thought?

Every mind, or brain, is directly' connected with every other brain by means of the ether.

Every thought released by any brain may be instantly picked up and interpreted by all other brains that are "en rapport" with the sending brain. This author is as sure of this fact as he is that the chemical formula H2O will produce water.

Imagine, if you can, what a part this principle plays in every walk of life. Nor is the probability of ether being a conveyor of thought from mind to mind the most astounding of its performances. It is the belief of this author that every thought vibration released by any brain is picked up by the ether and kept in motion in circuitous wave lengths corresponding in length to the intensity of the energy used in their release; that these vibrations remain in motion forever; that they are one of the two sources from which thoughts which "pop" into one's mind emanate, the other source being direct and, immediate contact through the ether with the brain releasing the thought vibration.

Thus it will be seen that if this theory is a fact the boundless space of the whole universe is now and will continue to become literally a mental library wherein may be found all the thoughts released by mankind. The author is here laying the foundation for one of the most important hypotheses enumerated in the lesson Self-confidence, a fact which the student should keep in mind as he approaches that lesson. This is a lesson on Organized Knowledge.

Most of the useful knowledge to which the human race has become heir has been preserved and accurately recorded in Nature's Bible. By turning back the pages of this unalterable Bible man has read the story of; the terrific struggle through and out of which the present civilization has grown. The pages of this Bible are made up of the physical elements of which this earth and the other planets consist, and of the ether which fills all space. By turning back the pages written on stone and covered near the surface of this earth on which he lives, man has uncovered the bones, skeletons, footprints and other unmistakable evidence of the history of animal life on this earth, planted there for his enlightenment and guidance by the hand of Mother Nature throughout unbelievable periods of time.

The evidence is plain and unmistakable. The great stone pages of Nature's Bible found on this earth and the endless pages of that Bible represented by the ether wherein all past human thought has been recorded, constitute an authentic source of communication between the Creator and man.

This Bible was begun before man had reached the thinking stage; indeed, before man had reached the amoebae (one-cell animal) stage of development. This Bible is above and beyond the power of man to alter. Moreover, it tells its story not in the ancient dead languages or hieroglyphics of half savage races, but in universal language which all who have eyes may read. Nature's Bible, from which we have derived all the knowledge that is worth knowing, is one that no man may alter or in any manner tamper with.

The most marvelous discovery yet made by man is that of the recently discovered radio principle, which operates through the aid of ether, an important portion of Nature's Bible.

Imagine the ether picking up the ordinary vibration of sound, and transforming that vibration from audio-frequency into radio-frequency, carrying it to a properly attuned receiving station and there transforming it back into its original form of audio-frequency, all in the flash of a second.

It should surprise no one that such a force could gather up the vibration of thought and keep that vibration in motion forever. The established and known fact of instantaneous transmission of sound, through the agency of the ether, by means of the modern radio apparatus, removes the theory of transmission of thought vibration from mind to mind from the possible to the probable.

THE MASTER MIND

We come, now, to the next step in the description of the ways and means by which one may gather, classify and organize useful knowledge, through harmonious alliance of two or more minds, out of which grows a Master Mind.

The term "Master Mind" is abstract, and has no counterpart in the field of known facts, except to a small number of people who have made a careful study of the effect of one mind upon other minds. This author has searched in vain through all the textbooks and essays available on the subject of the human mind, but nowhere has been found even the slightest reference to the principle here described as the "Master Mind."

The term first came to the attention of the author through an interview with Andrew Carnegie, in the manner described in Lesson Two.

It is this author's belief that the mind is made up of the same universal "fluid" energy as that which constitutes the ether, which fills the universe.

It is a fact as well known to the layman as to the man of scientific investigation, that some minds clash the moment they come in contact with each other, while other minds show a natural affinity for each other.

Between the two extremes of natural antagonism and natural affinity growing out of the meeting or contacting of minds there is a wide range of possibility for varying reactions of mind upon mind. Some minds are so naturally adapted to each other that "love at first sight" is the inevitable outcome of the contact. Who has not known of such an experience?

In other cases minds are so antagonistic that violent mutual dislike shows itself at first meeting. These results occur without a word being spoken, and without the slightest signs of any of the usual causes for love and hate acting as a stimulus. It is quite probable that the "mind" is made up of a fluid or substance or energy, call it what you will, similar to (if not in fact the same substance as) the ether.

When two minds come close enough to each other to form a contact, the mixing of the units of this "mind stuff" (let us call it the electrons of the ether) sets up a chemical reaction and starts vibrations which affect the two individuals pleasantly or unpleasantly.

The effect of the meeting of two minds is obvious to even the most casual observer.

Every effect must have a cause! What could be more reasonable than to suspect that the cause of the change in mental attitude between two minds which have just come in close contact is none other than the disturbance of the electrons or units of each mind in the process of rearranging themselves in the new field created by the contact?

For the purpose of establishing this lesson upon a sound foundation we have gone a long way toward success by admitting that the meeting or coming in close contact of two minds sets up in each of those minds a certain noticeable "effect" or state of mind quite different from the one existing immediately prior to the contact.

While it is desirable it is not essential to know what is the "cause" of this reaction of mind upon mind. That the reaction takes place, in every instance, is a known fact which gives us a starting point from which we may show what is meant by the term Master Mind.

A Master Mind may be created through the bringing together or blending, in a spirit of perfect harmony, of two or more minds. Out of this harmonious blending the chemistry of the mind creates a third mind which may be appropriated and used by one or all of the individual minds.

This Master Mind will remain available as long as the friendly, harmonious alliance between the individual minds exists. It will disintegrate and all evidence of its former existence will disappear the moment the friendly alliance is broken. This principle of mind chemistry is the basis and cause for practically all the so-called "soul-mate" and "eternal triangle" cases, so many of which unfortunately find their way into the divorce courts and meet with popular ridicule from ignorant and uneducated people who manufacture vulgarity and scandal out of one of the greatest of Nature's laws.

The entire civilized world knows that the first two or three years of association after marriage are often marked by much disagreement, of a more or less petty nature. These are the years of "adjustment."

If the marriage survives them it is more than apt to become a permanent alliance. These facts no experienced married person will deny. Again we see the "effect" without understanding the "cause." While there are other contributing causes, yet, in the main, lack of harmony during these early years of marriage is due to the slowness of the chemistry of the minds in blending harmoniously.

Stated differently, the electrons or units of the energy called the mind are often neither extremely friendly nor antagonistic upon first contact; but, through constant association they gradually adapt themselves in harmony, except in rare cases where association has the opposite effect of leading, eventually, to open hostility between these units.

It is a well known fact that after a man and a woman have lived together for ten to fifteen years they become practically indispensable to each other, even though there may not be the slightest evidence of the state of mind called love.

Moreover, this association and relationship sexually not only develops a natural, affinity between the two minds, but it actually causes the two people to take on a similar facial expression' and to resemble each other closely in many other marked ways.

Any competent analyst of human nature can easily go into a crowd of strange people and pick out the wife after having been introduced to her husband. The expression of the eyes, the contour of the faces and the tone of the voices of people who have long been associated in marriage, become similar to a marked degree. So marked is the effect of the chemistry of the human mind that any experienced public speaker may quickly interpret the manner in which his statements are accepted by his audience.

Antagonism in the mind of but one person in an audience of one thousand may be readily detected by the speaker who has learned how to "feel" and register the effects of antagonism. Moreover, the public speaker can make these interpretations without observing or in any manner being influenced by the expression on the faces of those in his audience.

On account of this fact an audience may cause a speaker to rise to great heights of oratory, or heckle him into failure, without making a sound or denoting a single expression of satisfaction or dissatisfaction through the features of the face.

All "Master Salesmen" know the moment the "psychological time for closing" has arrived; not by what the prospective buyer says, but from the effect of the chemistry of his mind as interpreted or "felt" by the salesman. Words often belie the intentions of those speaking them but a correct interpretation of the chemistry of the mind leaves no loophole for such a possibility.

Every able salesman knows that the majority of buyers have the habit of affecting a negative attitude almost to the very climax of a sale.

Every able lawyer has developed a sixth sense whereby he is enabled to "feel" his way through the most artfully selected words of the clever witness who is lying, and correctly interpret that which is in the witness's mind, through the chemistry of the mind.

Many lawyers have developed this ability without knowing the real source of it; they possess the technique without the scientific understanding upon which it is based. Many salesmen have done the same thing.

One who is gifted in the art of correctly the chemistry of the minds of others may, figuratively speaking, walk in at the front door of the mansion of a given mind and leisurely explore the entire building, noting all its details, walking out again with a complete picture of the interior of the building, without the owner of the building so much as knowing that he has entertained a visitor.

It will be observed, in the lesson Accurate Thinking, that this principle may be put to a very practical use (having reference to the principle of the chemistry of the mind). The principle is referred to merely as an approach to the major principles of this lesson.

Enough has already been stated to introduce the principle of mind chemistry, and to prove, with the aid of the student's own every-day experiences and casual observations that the moment two minds come within close range of each other a noticeable mental change takes place in both, sometimes registering in the nature of antagonism and at other times registering in the nature of friendliness. Every mind has what might be termed an electric field.

The nature of this field varies, depending upon the "mood" of the individual mind back of it, and upon the nature of the chemistry of the mind creating the "field."

It is believed by this author that the normal or natural condition of the chemistry of any individual mind is the result of his physical heredity plus the nature of thoughts which have dominated that mind; that every mind is continuously changing to the extent that the individual's philosophy and general habits of thought change the chemistry of his or her mind.

These principles the author BELIEVES to be true. That any individual may voluntarily change the chemistry of his or her mind so that it will either attract or repel all with whom it comes in contact is a KNOWN FACT!

Stated in another manner, any person may assume a mental attitude, which will attract and please others or repel and antagonize them, and this without the aid of words or facial expression or other form of bodily movement or demeanor.

Go back, now, to the definition of a Master Mind - a mind which grows out of the blending and coordination of two or more minds, IN A SPIRIT OF PERFECT HARMONY, and you will catch the full significance of the word "harmony" as it is here used.

Two minds will not blend nor can they be coordinated unless the element of perfect harmony is present, wherein lies the secret of success or failure of practically all business and social partnerships. Every sales manager and every military commander and every leader in any other walk of life understands the necessity of an "esprit de corps" - a spirit of common understanding and co-operation - in the attainment of success. This mass spirit of harmony of purpose is obtained through discipline, voluntary or forced, of such a nature that the individual minds become blended into a Master Mind, by which is meant that the chemistry of the individual minds is modified in such a manner that these minds blend and function as one.

The methods through which this blending process takes place are as numerous as the individuals engaged in the various forms of leadership. Every leader has his or her own method of coordinating the minds of the followers.

One will use force.

Another uses persuasion.

One will play upon the fear of penalties while another plays upon rewards, in order to reduce the individual minds of a given group of people to where they may be blended into a mass mind.

(pd14-28)

Another nice addition, Michael.

Ted Menard is offline Private Investigator Forum Member
    Corporate Agency Owner

Member of:

Well Mr. Newman, I am pretty sure you are going to be a hard act to follow here. I have just completed another step in my life , and want to pass on my thanks as well. It seems that you are known by everyone that reads these posts. I apologize for not knowing who, what, why and where you are in this business. As I have just completed the 2nd step of my career change here with completion of the Bounty Hunter Course, and can attach that to the Private Investigator course, I will be attempting to make some major and a few minor changes in my life . I do owe whatever success in this endeavor to the info from IPIU that got me started here. I took several months of looking at the site, and other IPIU related sites before I committed to this. Now that I have made it here, Certificates in hand, training info stored, and the desire to go after it, it is important to take the time to thank I P I U. When I "own my own mule" as my Grandfather said, I can attribute some of that success to my IPIU training. Thank you , I P I U !

Robert Breeling is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2014-2015 Member of:

Thanks Michael this very inspiring the two things that stand out to me is "Success in the world"s always matter of individual effort." And it is so true that yes you are deceiving your self if you believe or think you can succeed without the cooperation of other people. That is why IPIU is where they are today with out there cooperation none of us would be where we are with out there help.

Bob Breeling

Thumbs up Re: From Private Investigator Trainee to Achieving more than I ever believed.

always good to hear possitive words thanks for keeping the light shining

This was an awesome read. I admit that the 'science class' opening made me glance over the piece, however as we got closer to the term ether and its application to the mind and its mood, I was focused. This read interested me because I am considering doing a Masters in Psychology, even as I hone up on becoming a P.I. ; the mind intrigues me. Thank you taking the time to share. As for the 15 Laws . . . . I have a sixth grader and there is no better time to instill in him what it takes to understand and be successful in life.
    Private Investigator Trainee

Member IPIU.org

Glen Fuller is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Member of:

this is powerfull reading and food for ones mind I wish I had the book that this well educated man has put togather so I have this to put to my lifeand be able to follow it. glen fuller

Our PI Store has the book. Let us know if you wish to purchase it.

Peter Mbah is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Member of:

One very difficult thing to master in life is Self. From the days of old we have this admonition: 'Man, know thyself'. For when you know yourself, you know the gods! When you know yourself, there is harmony and coherence in your life, your music rings out loud and clear, like a symphony.
    The language of self is learned by listening to yourself!
    Peter

Certified

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Mbah View Post
    One very difficult thing to master in life is Self. From the days of old we have this admonition: 'Man, know thyself'. For when you know yourself, you know the gods! When you know yourself, there is harmony and coherence in your life, your music rings out loud and clear, like a symphony.
    The language of self is learned by listening to yourself!
    Peter
    I certainly agree. But on the lighter side, I recall Jack Nicholson telling a young lawyer (Tom Cruise) . . . "You can't handle the truth!"

So maybe the moral of the quote, along with yours, is to become a good person first and then ask for more truth. Otherwise, a not-so-good person may not want to know themselves to then meet god.

Michael
    Michael Newman
    Licensed Private Investigator