Thread: My heart dropped today as I watched and listened to a memory of my teen years

My heart dropped today as I watched and listened to a memory of my teen years

My heart dropped to my stomach with a hurt from the time when I grew as a teen in the 1960's.

The you-tube song link below (click the picture to listen and watch) shows the years of Kennedy, Beach Boys, my first corvette, Beatles, space launches, haircuts with free comics, live bands with electric guitars, Lincoln convertibles, John Wayne, gasoline at 32 cents gallon, Mom reading to kids, year books from high school, . . . most of which is all dead and buried now.

Melancholy sets in at it's worse as I approach age 67, and many of my teen friends (Beach Boys, Jan & Dean, etc) from my earlier growing up years around Huntington Beach, California - are either gone or they never came back from Vietnam.

On the other hand, I have much work to keep me busy serving as a volunteer tech support guy for the 42,000 + members of IPIU, and my sadness is generally off-set by the joy that comes seeing others succeed.

Then again, I certainly cannot be the only baby-boomer that faces the same outlook from time to time.

Re: My heart dropped today as I watched and listened to a memory of my teen years

(My wife read this and said I will feel better when we go for Valentine Day Banana-Spits tonight in town.)

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Re: My heart dropped today as I watched and listened to a memory of my teen years

Join the crowd, Tech. You are certainly not alone.