Thread: New Gun Law restricts me to having less than 8 bullets in my home. Constitutional crisis as government takes away right to bear arms

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

New Gun Law restricts me to having less than 8 bullets in my home. Constitutional crisis as government takes away right to bear arms

See the following Fox News Story:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...ew-york-state/

Vincent Esposito is offline ***
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Re: New Gun Law restricts me to having less than 8 bullets in my home. Constitutional crisis as government takes away right to bear arms

I have read about this recently. Being from NY from birth till about 25, I must say I am very upset at this recent crisis. I have read a lot about the Rockland Journal News and other sources putting LEO's and law abiding citizen permit holders names and addresses in the paper. This is upsetting and dangerous. I stand on what Senator Greg Ball had recently stated here. I am sorry you have to go through this Donna.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rRSUEaLKvA

Ted Menard is offline Private Investigator Forum Member
    Corporate Agency Owner

Member of:

Re: New Gun Law restricts me to having less than 8 bullets in my home. Constitutional crisis as government takes away right to bear arms

These legislators are only going through the motions. They know the law won't stand in court. This just makes them look like they are really doing something...

Ted Menard is offline Private Investigator Forum Member
    Corporate Agency Owner

Member of:

New tidbit picked up by another gun lobbyist in the hallways, ??? thoughts could change it to be no more rounds than will be allowed in the weapons original fitted magazine in the caes of autoloaders or number of rounds that can be loaded in a revolver. That makes more sense!! Also closely copies at least 7 of the more than 2,000 existing gun laws.

MarkAnthoney Gildersleeve is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:

They're not going to take away the right to bear arms law. That will never happen. All that would do is cause people to have no choice but to buy illegal guns an create much bigger issues for EVERYONE.

Richard Moschetti Jr is offline *** Certified
    Licensed Private Investigator, Retired LEO

Professional Member of:

I think this is such bs. Our forefathers that wrote the constitution fought for our freedom and now theses politicians want to use the connectitcutt incident for their own political platform and agenda.
    RICHARD MOSCHETTI JR
    Licensed Private Investigator (FL# C2300844)
    Florida - USA

Member of:

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Moschetti Jr View Post
    I think this is such bs. Our forefathers that wrote the constitution fought for our freedom and now theses politicians want to use the connectitcutt incident for their own political platform and agenda.
    Absolutely! Its a shame how they use the tragedy's as a catalyst to advance the public opinion of them.
    Vincent Esposito

Professional Member of:

What the Rockland Newspaper did with the addresses of cwp holders, which are mostly retired NYC COPS was a serious breach of security and endangered alot of my fellow officers and their families lives to make a few bucks....Pathetic......

- - - Updated - - -

I know... I worked NYC Corrections and NYPD and still look over my shoulder often....

Member of:

I could not agree with you more Richard. I grew up in Rockland and have many friends that are very upset about this issue. What they did was pure stupidity.

Professional Member of:

Hey Vinny Wazup?
    RICHARD MOSCHETTI JR
    Florida - USA

Professional Member of:

Vinny was your Dad OTJ??? NYPD///Rockland PD/Clarkstown PD...

- - - Updated - - -

BTW when Coumo did that new law they overreacted and didn't make exemptions for active or retired Officers..Real smart move!!!!!!!
    RICHARD MOSCHETTI JR
    Florida - USA

Member of:

Hey Richard, Howyadoin? No sir..Apparently my grandfather (pops) was a hell of a cook in the army so my father and uncle were left with the decision of LE or Meatballs and Macaroni when they left the Bronx and at that time in Rockland, there was more hungry people than criminals!!! BTW, I want to say thank you for your service, time and dedication from what I have read.

Member of:

March 21, 2013

http://www.nraila.org/legal/articles...gov-cuomo.aspx

Legal Action Filed Against Gov. Cuomo

Professional Member of:

Thanks for your support. Bronx/Rockland boy myself. I worked NYC Corrections,NYPD and Florida Corrections as a SERGEANT before finally retiring at 48y/o.

Member of:

If you get the chance, come visit my level 4 page @
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...el-4-chat-area

We can shoot the breeze with some Rockland/Bronx talk! Let me know when you check in..Thx

Professional Member of:

Hey Vinnie. A new movie coming out monday call "BROOKLYN". It's a mobster movie and my brother Rob's band is playing the sound track. The bands name is "GENERATION KILL". Check it out when you get a chance. My brother and the band are going to NYC monday to promote their album......
    RICHARD MOSCHETTI JR
    Florida - USA

Professional Member of:

If I went to the city I'll be packing 3 guns like the good old NYPD days in HARLEM......

Member of:

Awesome!! Good for your brother! From what I have read he has definitely put in the work over the last decade, nevermind a tough looking dude. Good luck to him and Generation Kill and hope this catapults him further. BTW, did you know the Giannetti's or Rosenberg's OTJ from upstate NY (Rockland area) in your time with NYPD?