Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Private Investigator Course

A just signed up for the preferred membership. What should be my next step. Can't wait to get started. Thanks

Hi Thomas, Welcome!!

A moderator will jump in here soon with links and tell you where to start ...
    but until then Read, Read Read. There is a wealth of information in these forums. Learn your way around and read as much as you can.

Have fun!
    See you in your introduction topic.
    Bonnie

DJ Moran -- is offline Sr. Moderator:
    (On Leave of Absence)

Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Conley
    A just signed up for the preferred membership. What should be my next step. Can't wait to get started. Thanks
    Thomas,

Please go here to Your Introduction topic and ask your questions. http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...574#post291574
    Please follow the links given in your Introduction topic. "DJ"

Great Information

Thanks to those of you who put some great information in here. Knowing that you can use the badge in conjunction with the business card is very helpful. Read Read Read!

Thank you!

Nicole

Jerome O Isaac-- is offline Sr. Distinguished Member:

2007 Honorary Ambassador of Good Will
    Greetings Cynthia, here is a link below to a thread on Crime Scene Analysis

Click Me!

Hope this helps a little and have a great day.

I haven't seen any postings from KY. Is this a new state for IPIU? If I am the first Private Investigator in this state, I am a proud representative.

Welcome Leanna,
    That is a terrific attitude to have.
    You will be a super representative for Kentucky!!

Bonnie

Not a great attitude Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Gilreath
    Its because this website is a complete 0000.
    Brandon, on behalf of those who want to be here and possess a great attitude you can save your comments. No one is twisting your arm to participate. You can have a great attitude and get through it or just not log on to IPIU and get involved. The choice is all yours but we truly do not need the negativity. Have a great day.

I have been an Investigator in Colorado for 25 yrs. I completed the required information today online. Could you tell me what level I am at, will I receive hard copy material and information, how long does it take to start receiving cases from the Colorado Springs, CO. area? As you can see I have alot of questions.
    Thank you for your time and consideration.

Madonna Antonini

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Marlin
    Brandon, on behalf of those who want to be here and possess a great attitude you can save your comments. No one is twisting your arm to participate. You can have a great attitude and get through it or just not log on to IPIU and get involved. The choice is all yours but we truly do not need the negativity. Have a great day.
    Thank you, Nicole, for answering Brandon. We have addressed his issue and have moved his comment to the appropriate area for the Administrators to resolve.

As always, the more experience and long time forum members here have a better grasp on how other new members can better find the answers themselves by exploring first rather than complaining first.

Note: To all, let's keep this topic "on-topic" and not drift to other comments. If you need help, please post your question in your personal Introduction Topic where the moderators and trainers can direct you. Or, privately email support@ipiu.org .

Note #2: All forum members, including Brandon and others, were required to subscribe and sign a personal oath & covenant, which includes fully sustaining the Code of Ethics and Professional Rules of Conduct. We maintain copies in our archives of your forum signature to the agreement. If you wish to read a copy, click on the following link:

http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6688

If you violate your sworn oath and covenants, then your account may be suspended or modified until you post another agreement. This is rare, but with over 50,000 members worldwide we have found that a few seem to forget their oath.
    Legal Affairs comments are not intended to be and should absolutely not be taken as legal advice. If you should require legal, tax, or financial advice, you must first enter into a written agreement with only a licensed professional for legal, tax, or financial services, signed by both you and the licensed professional, and paid a retainer in good funds. Legal Affairs is not, nor intends to be, nor solicits to be your licensed professional. Members accessing comments by Legal Affairs are required to be bound by their Terms of Use Agreement regarding Legal Affairs.

When Can I Start?

I recently graduated from 000. I am having a bit of trouble getting an actual reply, stating when and where I can start. I just want an assignment. I have 675 credit hours. I made straight A's. I thought this was a way to get started into the business. I am truly interested in the discussions of the forum, but I need to work. How do I let the right people know I'm ready for an assignment without breaking the rules?

Lisa Frye - is offline Certified SPI
    Licensed Private Investigator

Moderator (On Leave of Absence)
    Sr. Distinguished Union Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Julia E. Carson
    I recently graduated from 000. I am having a bit of trouble getting an actual reply, stating when and where I can start. ....

Please ask this question by posting it in your Introduction Topic where the trainers can better direct your inquiry to the existing titled topics that answer your question. Thank you for your support.

Lisa

Hi everyone, it has been awhile that I have been back to review all the comments so I feel a little behind. I am awaiting my badge and manuals to review and cannot wait. I am wondering is it wise for PI's to carry a concealed firearms, and if so how would I go about it. I am prior law enforcement and it seems very hard for me to adjust to not having my sidearms. Any opinions? Thank you all! Elee

I guess I need to know when and where to start . I have registered on the website soi far but need to know what to do next.
    Also can anyone tell me how many agency's that are listed in Minnesota that need Trainee's ?

DJ Moran -- is offline Sr. Moderator:
    (On Leave of Absence)

Certified Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Haler
    I guess I need to know when and where to start . I have registered on the website soi far but need to know what to do next.
    Also can anyone tell me how many agency's that are listed in Minnesota that need Trainee's ?
    Scott,

First thing, you need to post Your Introduction topic, using this link here:
    Introduction Forum

After you have posted your Introduction topic, in the Introduction forum, you will be given the links to get you started properly. See ya there. "DJ"

Before you go out on your own assignment, if for some reason you wanted to get a more hands on learning experience would it possible to do a tag-along?

the next step is to join the ipiu. how many union members are there in idaho that need trainiees.

Ashkan

Hello

I am Ashkan.
    I am a new member of ipiu.
    I have a BS in criminal justice.
    My Question is:
    How I Am going to get a job?
    Is ipiu going to assign me a job or I have to go search job.

Thank you.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Corbin
    the next step is to join the ipiu. how many union members are there in idaho that need trainiees.

I myself am having a hard time trying to figure out what my next step would be in getting my PI license can anyone please help me.. also how do I find out if there is anmy work available here in Delaware or do I have to move?

Edward Taguba is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forums

Professional Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Leininger
    I myself am having a hard time trying to figure out what my next step would be in getting my PI license can anyone please help me.. also how do I find out if there is anmy work available here in Delaware or do I have to move?

Please ask this question by posting it in your Introduction Topic where the trainers can better direct your inquiry to the existing titled topics that answer your question.

Here is your introduction - http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...532#post324532

Go back and read DJ introduction to you she has provided some links for you to take a look at.

Aloha,
    Ed

Smile Questions

[QUOTE=Scott Fishman]What kind of Info do you need? You may e-mail me . I am new to this but if I can help I will.

Scott
    How long will it take me to become a PI and do they train you to cary any weapons? I did not recieve my open book test. How Long is the training and who trains us?
    Thank You.
    Brandy

I have paid for my membership but I was wondering how that will show in my profile. When signing up it did not seem to be any place to link to my forum account. Will that happen automatically?

Hi Paul! When your membership is paid for (not sure if you did through the mail) you should receive email notification that a trainer has been assigned to you. Your trainer will notify you that all documents have been received and tell you what your user name and password information is. Just respond to him/her and tell them what your current information is (user name) and to please merge them. Worked for me! Hope this helps. Have a great afternoon!

Thanks Nicole but I guess I was not clear on my reply. I have already paid for the package for my documents and filled them out and sent them back. Now I have signed up for the IPIU Union membership which is what I was referring to. Any other information would be appreciated.

Hello,
    I am a paid fireman here in missouri. I have been on the Fire investigation unit for around 7 years now and was wondering if there is a good demand for a young (29) inspiring investigator out there and was also wondering if gettin my P.I. cert would help me a great deal in my feild? Thanks for the help

Is the training for crime scene analysis solely on the job or are there classes that need to be taken? If so are the classes in a classroom setting or is everything done online? If you have a criminal justice degree what are some of the perks?

there is a website called www.forensic-science.com and they offer a lot of criminal justice classes on line. You may find something there.

i have recently gotten oput of the US Army and IPIU sent me the pre paid criminal record check and i was wondering when do u know u have the job.

If any one can help me with that please let me know

Helloeveryone i have recieved my creditials now hwat is the next step help help....

and can you please u-p grate me now thank you ......

To all who have posted questions not related to this topic:

]
    Please ask this question by posting it in your Introduction Topic where the trainers can better direct your inquiry to the existing titled topics that answer your question.

From: Todd Wayne Mouser I Have Recently Recieved My Credentials (Photo) And Have Signed And Return My Code Of Ethics And Paid My Membership Dues. How Long Until I Recieve My Training Manual And How And When Will I Recieve Assignment Training And Employment Referalls Also From Whom Or What Form Of Communication.

Hi everyone I just recieved my creditials my id badge I'am so happy that everything is working in my favor i'am currently getting my AA degree and studying criminal justice to pursue my career and I'am also getting a diploma in private investagation yeah yeah i'am so happy this web site is so helpful i have not had time to even respond to my threads do to my overwelmness please dont take it personal if i did not respond to your thread sorry

Thomas J Nicol is offline Ambassador of Good Will
    International Private Investigators Union

Sr. Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Wayne Mouser
    From: Todd Wayne Mouser I Have Recently Recieved My Credentials (Photo) And Have Signed And Return My Code Of Ethics And Paid My Membership Dues. How Long Until I Recieve My Training Manual And How And When Will I Recieve Assignment Training And Employment Referalls Also, From Whom Or What Form Of Communication.
    Please ask this question from within your Introduction Topic which is:
    Todd Wayne Mouser
    , where it can be better addressed by other moderators and forum trainers.

Also, you should be reading the threads given to you by Ed. Your Introduction Topic is more of a Resume. That which is read by potential employers. The less you put in, the less they will learn. It would be in your best interest to go to your Introduction and reply with a little about yourself. Read some of the other introductions to get an idea.

All the best to you in your new career. Have a great weekend.

Still waiting for my post reply?

Thomas J Nicol is offline Ambassador of Good Will
    International Private Investigators Union

Sr. Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Fishman
    What kind of Info do you need? You may e-mail me . I am new to this but if I can help I will.

Scott

Edited by Moderator: Forum rules

Still waiting for my post reply?
    Scott,

It's not clear what you are loking for.

Post this question in your Introduction Topic, which you will need to setup in the Forum Member Introduction's Lounge. I didn't see one there for you. The Introduction Topic is sort of a Resume which gets read by potential employers. The better the Intro. the more it will benifit you.

As to the question, please be specific.

Thank you and have a great week,

Thumbs up So True

Quote Originally Posted by Kanda Force
    --

The very basics of investigation can be learned on this board, observation and reporting.

Basic reporting is actually learning to communicate effectively through writing.

Observation encompasses many things but I like to say it's all in the details.

Learning to navigate this board, reading everything you have access to will put you on the right step.

By the time you are getting referrals, you will have the basics (which should include a teachable attitude) and the agencies will have no problem accepting you as a trainee.

Hope this answers your question, Robert.

Thank you Robert. Plus there is so many topics here on the boards so you never get bored..

Misty Raucci-- is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2006 to 2007 Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    i don't know where to get an application. I think there is something I am supposed to do first but I don't know what

Jerome O Isaac-- is offline Sr. Distinguished Member:

2007 Honorary Ambassador of Good Will
    Greetings Misty, below is a link to the Forums Introduction Lounge, when you click on link below, the screen that appears, will be the right place for you to introduce yourself, just type in something describing yourself; and (or) your goals, when done, click on the words Submit new Thread located at the bottom of that screen, other members will come by and give you directions to follow and get you started.

Hope this helps; and I'll see you there.

http://www.ipiu.org/forums/newthread...newthread&f=45

Have a great day.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast