Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Private Investigator School

Hi Terry Peirce,
    There is no need to feel like that. We are all here to help you.

Now I feel better knowing im not the only one confused a lil bit

Lightbulb Training, Post and Levels

Hi Crew!

I'm not sure where I am in the process for training. I was told that I needed to retake part AB. I requested the info for the person that I was paired with for support. It is evident that I'm on a mission but not sure "where to" or "how long" the mission will last. This might be an oversight on my part and maybe the info is listed in another tread that I'm not aware of. As of today, I've not gotten any info.

Please help this lady in the desert.

John G - is offline Retired Forum Moderator

Private Investigators Forums
    Sponsored by the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    LaShon, Please click on this link.

http://www.ipiu.org/forums/sendmessage.php

Thanks. Hope your situation resolves itself to your satisfaction.

Johnny

Help

Hi Ed:

I have a very confusing question and need quidence. Can you help me? I think the item below is a little misleading to any newcomers who are trying to become a PI. This I do believe was written my one of the firms IPIU staff members, but don't quote me on it because I am not sure!

Here's how it reads: "3) Academic Training will be provided by IPIU through it's free Training Manual and private forums. On-the-job training will be provided by the agencies we have listed in the private members forums."

Can someone help me understand this? We don't get free training or manuals because you have to be a member?!?! We pay for everything! At least I never received a free manual, training, etc.

HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Marecz-Adams
    Hi Ed:

I have a very confusing question and need quidence. Can you help me? I think the item below is a little misleading to any newcomers who are trying to become a PI. This I do believe was written my one of the firms IPIU staff members, but don't quote me on it because I am not sure!

Here's how it reads: "3) Academic Training will be provided by IPIU through it's free Training Manual and private forums. On-the-job training will be provided by the agencies we have listed in the private members forums."

Can someone help me understand this? We don't get free training or manuals because you have to be a member?!?! We pay for everything! At least I never received a free manual, training, etc.

HELP
    Michelle,

The answer to your question is both "yes and no".

Here are the facts:

1) Free on-the-job paid training is available free to anyone who is either hired directly by the endorsed agencies and firms, or referred through IPIU to its union members. Each agency has its own hiring manager who makes the decision of hiring based on an applicant's resume', which may or may not include union membership. We have several Level 1-Guest members here that are working for Level 4 Agencies. Those Level 1-Guest members chose to apply directly to the agencies on their own without choosing union affiliation. The difference is that they only have access to that one agency they work for, while union members have access to over 150 agencies and firms. Therefore, the term "free" is correct in the broad sense.

2) Because of your post, I updated the quote you referenced for additional clarity. Please read it on Page 1 of this topic for the revised text. It includes clarifying that the email was from a prospective union member. And the answers given were based on a completed union membership application.

3) Further, for about the cost of two tanks of gasoline a year, we could very well provide all of the union benefits free to the general public. We have 50,000+ union members worldwide, which allows us to keep our costs down. For 16 years we have strived to serve our members by passing along more savings and benefits than any other association of private investigators.

4) And last, I think it is fair to say that many local offers in your own town advertise their products or services for free based on a condition. Whether it is:

Get 2 Tires Free
    (when buying two other tires)

Get 3 Months Free Internet Service
    (when committing to 9 more months of payments)

Get Free Milk
    (when you purchase 3 boxes of cereal)

Get Free Medical Care
    (after you work your **** off paying taxes until age 65)

and . . .

Get Free Union Benefits
    (as a union member)

As for your personal file, this is not the place to discuss it in a public forum. Please click on the CONTACT US link at the bottom of any forum page and send a message for your status.

All my best,

Robert

I thought that these posts were posted by date, and have just noticed that people have posted various times and they arent in any order. I am learning alot here, and just the little things after studying make you go, WOW! thanks for the opportunity!

Thomas J Nicol is offline Ambassador of Good Will
    International Private Investigators Union

Sr. Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Judith Bray
    I thought that these posts were posted by date, and have just noticed that people have posted various times and they arent in any order.
    Judith,

I'm not sure where you saw this anomoly, but the date/time, as shown in the blue bar above each post, is in a continuous order. The last post is the most recent and within each thread the date/time is in an ascending order, the oldest being first.

Please give an example of what you saw. Thanks,

Hi again,

I am sending messages everywhere,cos I am really not sure who helps with what or if it is just one person. But I am confused, I am reading the manual my friend loaned and asked a question previously followed the link and it took me to my question. I couldn't access really any other area after that.

Please help me ?

Toni

Alexandre Marra is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Alexandre Marra investigator forum member

I could help you if you are a little more specific about your question, because I can not gigure exactly what you want

Thank you

Question Information

Hello I am trying to become a P.I. in Ohio.I need someone to point me in the right direction.I have received the insurance papers in the mail.Now I have no idea what to do next. Could someone tell me.

DJ Moran -- is offline Sr. Moderator:
    (On Leave of Absence)

Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott A Nickels
    Hello I am trying to become a P.I. in Ohio.I need someone to point me in the right direction.I have received the insurance papers in the mail.Now I have no idea what to do next. Could someone tell me.
    Scott,

Hi, Could you please introduce yourself in the Introduction lounge forum here:

Click Here: Forum Member Introduction's Lounge!

This will enable you to get the proper links to get started. "DJ"

(On Leave of Absence)

Quote Originally Posted by Antoinette Y Roybal
    Hi again,

I am sending messages everywhere,cos I am really not sure who helps with what or if it is just one person. But I am confused, I am reading the manual my friend loaned and asked a question previously followed the link and it took me to my question. I couldn't access really any other area after that.

Please help me ?

Toni
    Antoinette,

Please author an Introduction in the following forum here:

Click Here: Forum Member Introduction's Lounge!

This will allow you to receive the proper links to get you started off properly. "DJ"

Robert Davis is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Corporate Agency Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Thanks for the info

can ipiu help get you a job?

(On Leave of Absence)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pleasant

Robert, you need to post an introduction topic in the forum below:

Introduction Lounge

This will enable us to give you the links to get started properly.. "DJ"

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    Robert,

DJ knows best.

The links that you will find will help you not get lost all the time. I still get lost, but not often.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pleasant
    Hello Robert,

I see you are new here. You may also call 800-548-1525 and chose Option 2 to speak to someone who can answer more questions.

Cynthia

Cynthia Ford
    Administrator - IPIU
    ----------

ID Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Scott A Cassady
    Hello Scott F.

I thank you for your help. I am unsure on how they can send me an application if they do not have my address. So I guess I need to know how to get an app. Do they show where and how to get 2 pic ID made? How do you become a level 4 or even level 1 to start? I really appreciate your time and effort in helping me out. Thank you!

Scott C.
    I see this post is old, but if anyone else is reading this and is in question. If you go to Walgreens or anywhere they take passport photos it will take about 20 minutes and 8 dollars.
    Please note!!! the passport photos are too large and have to be cut down. Make sure they stand back from you , as your face has to fit in the little square they use. Directions and size will come with your app and fingerprint card
    Steve Lofing

John G - is offline Retired Forum Moderator

Private Investigators Forums
    Sponsored by the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Hi Steve and others. I might as well mention that IPIU can size the passport size photos too. That's what I did when I sent my photos for the ID Card.

Johnny

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    Steven,

I have been trhough that twice. The first time, I had the camera shop size the photos; the second time, I did the cutting - a lot less hassle.

Johnny,

Now you tell me!

Take your time and be patient. These moderators will guide you. Following directions, to the 'T' is very important if you ever want to TRUELY become a Private Investigator. I deal with a lot of people in the course of a day, and the ones that know how to follow directions are the ones that prosper in our Agency. Also, proper spelling and grammar is essential, even in these posts, you never know who is looking at your post. Maybe a potential boss someday???

I AGREE. Very sound advice sir and excuse my typo, i wish we had an edit button. I try to remember to rerad my post, but sometimes get so excieted about responding, i hit post before i thought about it. Rookie mistake i hope. I certainly agree that proper grammer as well as spelling allows for a clearer more concise report on findings.
    Thanks for your imput.
    Regards,
    Steven Lofing

Hello, me too. I am in Ohio and I can't find where to look for agencies in my town. I am finding a lot of work for Texas and New York and Kentucky. How do I find my area's opportunities? Can anyone help me? I really feel lost. I don't know what to do. I got my test score back and it was 94% but I think I forgot to read something about looking for jobs.

I operate in every town in the World.

Bernadette,

welcome to the forum and the IPIU,
    re; your question.
    a. log in to the IPIU website attached to this thread,
    b. scroll down to the bottom until you arrive at "Forum Jump"
    c. Click on the arrow next to the word "Go"
    d. Scroll thorught the form until you reach your home state.
    e. click on your state anf find Job Offers in your area,
    or local jobs now hiring section.
    good luck

Thank you so much for the kindness of not only listening, but taking the time to reply and share it with me. You are great.

Hello folks,

I just realized that most of these threads are either old or do not allow me access. I am new here. Can anyone explain.
    Thanks

Kanal

Hello Kanal,

Greetings and welcome. True some of the links are older, but as you add your thread it renews them and while i found some to be dated info, just renewing them started a wealth of info.As for the access to different threads, aye matey it comes with time and advancing through the levels. If you haven't done your intrduction yet, i urge you to do so and please go to the home page and start at the thread "Do this first".
    I know an admin or moderator will be along shortly to help.

Best Regards,
    Steve Lofing

Unhappy problem

I just experienced some kind of glitch in the system. I clicked on the thread link in my email and found that it didn't ask me to log in or anything but took me directly there and I hadn't logged in yet for the day. This is not cool. Anybody could have clicked on it and got access. How is that possible?

Hi Bernadette,

I assume it is because the system automatically figured that it is your email account and that no else has access to it but you. No other explanation comes to mind. Good comment though.

Kanal

By the way, thanks very much Steven for the info.

Kanal

(On Leave of Absence)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bernadette Mahar
    I just experienced some kind of glitch in the system. I clicked on the thread link in my email and found that it didn't ask me to log in or anything but took me directly there and I hadn't logged in yet for the day. This is not cool. Anybody could have clicked on it and got access. How is that possible?
    Hi Bernadette,

I would have to ask if you clicked on the "remember me" box when you logged into the forums? That would be the reason, for it remembering you when you use the email link.

To reset it, so you have to manually log in each day , Do these steps.

Go to Control Panel on your computer
    Then... Internet Options
    Click open
    Click on Delete Files ( Check box for all temporary internet files)
    Click ok, when ask if you are sure.
    Then Click on Delete Cookies

Now... keep in mind.. you will have to manually log into all your webspages...you use daily, including some email accounts.. after you do this. So be sure you remember your passwords and user ID's for any webpages you will want to go to. Including IPIU password.

I do this once a day to keep my computer clean, and it has helped a lot...

No " Bugs" here!! Hope this helps. "DJ"

Thanks a million DJ! I was affraid it was just messing up. Now I feel much more confident about the confidentiality of this website.

You too Kanal, good looking out

(On Leave of Absence)

Smile RE: Bernadette

Quote Originally Posted by Bernadette Mahar
    Thanks a million DJ! I was affraid it was just messing up. Now I feel much more confident about the confidentiality of this website.

Bernadette,

You are very welcome..

No Problem Bernadette. My pleasure

Kanal

Hello, my name is Schywanda. The one question that I do want to know is, if we take a case in another state that requires us to go there, will IPIU or that agency pay for the trip there?

payment of trips

Thats a very good question,I feel I've read that they clue you into inexpensive air lines & other ways of travel to lesson the expense & your expense is included in what you charge.I believe the union gives us a chance to start our own service.

Jerome O Isaac-- is offline Sr. Distinguished Member:

2007 Honorary Ambassador of Good Will
    Greetings Schywanda, nice to meet you here at IPIU. I'm going to leave you a link below to a forum that answers questions like the one your asking.

After reading some of the replies there you can browse around to see if there's more answers there you're seeking.

Click Me! Schywanda

Have a great day.
    JoI

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast