Thread: Is LINKEDIN.COM a RIP OFF or a S-CAM ?

Michael Newman is offline Licensed Private Investigator
    Certified

Corporate Agency Associate Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Is LINKEDIN.COM a RIP OFF or a S-CAM ?

I gotta ask this question, because I am seeing TOO many of my friends and colleagues getting their private email boxes HACKED because they fell victim to how linkedin.com tricks them into joining!

Apparently when someone joins linkedin.com they are "invited" or persuaded to all linkedin.com "invite" the new member's friends. What happens next it they GET FOOLED into giving up their personal email box password to allow linkedin.com to grab ALL of the member's email addresses of their friends, work, bank accounts, EVERYTHING they have received and EVERYTHING they have sent.

What happens next is that linkedin.com STARTS SENDING SPAM out to EVERYONE by changing the email sender to the name of the member, making me think that my friend or colleague has privately emailed me from their account. AND THERE'S NO STOPPING the spam emails.

I finally had to get on the phone and call everyone (at MY TIME and expense) and tell them to CHANGE THEIR password and STOP THE LINKEDIN.COM SPAMS!

What's worse, I went to see how this linkedin.com works, I got swindled into their gimmick that I could VIEW a PROFILE by simply signing up for "free", and then they WANT TO CHARGE ME from $240.00 to $900.00 a year to LOOK at from 3 to 25 "profiles" a month!!!

What a rip off!

If I want to Google people and use other free internet tools and get the low-down on their "profiles", I can do it for FREE, rather than be parlayed into giving these guys.

Note: This is, OF COURSE, my personal opinion and view from what I found. If someone from linkedin wishes to correct me, then PLEASE PROVE IT!

Edward Taguba is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forums

Professional Member of:

Re: Is LINKEDIN.COM a RIP OFF or a S-CAM ?

I just use the free version of Linkedin, I use it to connect to old co-workers and just use the site for business related. I have not use the use my email box to find users. Uploading my contacts like that is not good. I guess they want you to do that. I like to use also linkedin as my online resume, Then I can download it at any time if I need one.

Alain Disse is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:

Re: Is LINKEDIN.COM a RIP OFF or a S-CAM ?

Hi,
    Yes there are some problems with LinkedIn.com, but as everywhere, it is important for everybody to take care of what we are doing on each site ...
    LinkedIn is using scripts written by other social networks, as Twitter and Yahoo! ... And Twitter is "dangerous" ...
    Remember Zynga ( .com or .org ) ( the games on Facebook ) have many scripts from Twitter, looking for personnal info from each users, AND looking if the "current user" has also a profile on Twitter ( I had seen that by myself ... ).

I had a contact in Beijing and it was among my friends on LinkedIn. Problem ... my contact was on wain.com ( whereareyounow.* ), also a "social network" ... Every days, I received an invite to connect with my contact there ...
    That invite was seen as a LinkedIn invite ...
    In fact, it was coming from wain.com ... The 0000 was there, and not on LinkedIn ...

And LinkedIn is making regular "cleaning" from their network to avoid problems ...
    But are Yahoo, Twitter, ... doing also some cleaning actions to keep their sites safe ???

When I see http://www.securitypronews.com/insid...dsExposed.html ...