Thread: Posts not registering

Malcolm Rheuban is offline **** Certified

Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigator Member

Talking Posts not registering

Dear Technical Support:
    Post number 185 will not release me. For the last several posts #185 has not yielded to #186, #187, and so forth. Has anyone else experienced this sort of hold? I wanted to bring this to your attention. My apologies. The number just changed. Perhaps, I had to post at a different forum. The posts in the Legal forum were always post # 185.
    Last edited by Malcolm Rheuban; 06-15-2002 at 09:41 AM.

William R. Larson - is offline (Retired from Forum Activity)

Former Sr. Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    Malcolm -

There are a couple forums that do not count towards your post count, as they are "off topic." I believe there are two forums with this situation now, being the After Hours Lounge and the Intro forum. Every post in those forums does not count towards your post count.

If you notice, this post in this forum brought you up to 186.

Distinguished Member:

Thanks William

Originally posted by William R. Larson
    Malcolm -

There are a couple forums that do not count towards your post count, as they are "off topic." I believe there are two forums with this situation now, being the After Hours Lounge and the Intro forum. Every post in those forums does not count towards your post count.

If you notice, this post in this forum brought you up to 186.

Dear William,
    Thanks for responding. After I posted, I doubled checked and all recent posts in Integrity Investigations, Anti-Piracy, and Law Offices were the same. This count changed after this last post, but the previous ones remained #185, regardless.
    Now, moving to #186, maybe the post number will start counting, again. Glitches occur sometimes in machinery.

The Legals Forum was closed recently. Maybe that had some affect.

Distinguished Member:

possibly

Originally posted by admin
    The Legals Forum was closed recently. Maybe that had some affect.

Dear Administration:
    I think you are right and, furthermore, upon reflection, I remember submitting a reply at the same time as someone else to the same topic. Their reply registered and failing to tend my submitted reply may have caused a glitch in the counting of the posts. Regardless, postings have resumed counting. Thank you for your attention.

Distinguished Member:

Question Re: possibly

Originally posted by Malcolm Rheuban

Dear Administration:
    I think you are right and, furthermore, upon reflection, I remember submitting a reply at the same time as someone else to the same topic. Their reply registered and failing to tend my submitted reply may have caused a glitch in the counting of the posts. Regardless, postings have resumed counting. Thank you for your attention.
    Dear Technical Support:
    I just want to inform you that my post numbers have reverted back to #186. If they advance, again, after submitting this, then I can relate the problem to the Legal Forum. The reason I am bringing this to your attention is to correct any malfunctions, before they get worse.
    The post advanced; therefore, the hypothesis that the glitch is in the Legal forum is correct.

Post counts from time to time will drop a notch or two as certain topics and replies are either archived or pruned or deleted for various reasons. As an example, if you posted several replies in the Federal Forum or the Law Forum that pertained to a discussion on a specific assignment, then your post counts may drop a bit when those topics are pruned or deleted as they no longer serve any purpose in retaining. If we retained the older assignments, they may cause confusion when the new ones come along.

Typically, all other forum discussions are not pruned or deleted, but some may be archived.

Distinguished Member:

Smile Thanks for the clarification

Originally posted by Technical Support
    Post counts from time to time will drop a notch or two as certain topics and replies are either archived or pruned or deleted for various reasons. As an example, if you posted several replies in the Federal Forum or the Law Forum that pertained to a discussion on a specific assignment, then your post counts may drop a bit when those topics are pruned or deleted as they no longer serve any purpose in retaining. If we retained the older assignments, they may cause confusion when the new ones come along.

Typically, all other forum discussions are not pruned or debut some may be archived.
    Dear Technical Support:
    Thank you for explaining the post tally. Now, I understand how, after posting, the count dropped from # 190+ back to # 186.

Dear Techinal Support:

I signed off last night and my posts were just find. I signed in this morning and started welcoming new members and my count stays the same. Everytime I welcomed someone before the count has always counted. Is it now that it doesn't count or is there something else going on? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Patti Schubert
    Dear Techinal Support:

I signed off last night and my posts were just find. I signed in this morning and started welcoming new members and my count stays the same. Everytime I welcomed someone before the count has always counted. Is it now that it doesn't count or is there something else going on? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Pat
    Mine are not registering either. I did about 20 posts today, and my post count has not increased at all.

I forgot to mention that all my posts were in a category that should count.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda Templin
    I forgot to mention that all my posts were in a category that should count.

Brenda,

I've done a whole lot more since I posted it. All of mine were in a category that counted too. I figure there is a glitch somewhere. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Happy Holidays!

Pat