Thread: UNDERCOVER SURVEILLANCE just got easier with: The new Google Glasses (Project Glass) - PLUS Contact Lens Camera coming

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Donna Reagan is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

UNDERCOVER SURVEILLANCE just got easier with: The new Google Glasses (Project Glass) - PLUS Contact Lens Camera coming

i was wondering about using my cell phone (for surveillance)
    With the new Google Glasses coming out, surveillance just got easier.
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/111626127367496192147/posts

Press the PLAY button to watch the video.

Donna Reagan
    Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

Petra Post - is offline Retired Administrator
    ***** Certified SPI

Former Insignio Distinguished Member:

Re: UNDERCOVER SURVEILLANCE just got easier with: The new Google Glasses (Project Glass)

Amazed

Jeffrey Barbieri - is offline ***
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Re: UNDERCOVER SURVEILLANCE just got easier with: The new Google Glasses (Project Glass)

Can't wait for this to be released. It's going to sell between $250 - $500

Tracy Schlottman is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Member of:

Definitely looks interesting. If they are able to get it to work as well as they think they can this will certainly be very popular.

I'm a gadget type of guy. Love technology and always do my best to stay ahead of it.

Tracy Schlottman is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Member of:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Barbieri View Post
    I'm a gadget type of guy. Love technology and always do my best to stay ahead of it.
    I'm also into gadgets. I hope they can get it to work that well and that they are able to keep the costs down. If they do I'll definitely end up getting it...

David Copeland is offline Administrator

Sponsored by:

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Schlottman View Post
    I'm also into gadgets. I hope they can get it to work that well and that they are able to keep the costs down. If they do I'll definitely end up getting it...
    Oh they have it working . . .

And this is just the first step towards the next version:

CONTACT LENS WITH INTERNET BROWSER

I was surprised to see Google come out with the framed glasses version, but perhaps that is a good option for those who are not comfortable wearing contact lens with internet.

VIDEO: FOX NEWS Physics Scientist Michio Kaku
    reported on the contact lens with internet last year as one of the many items that labs have already developed, but are going through trials.

Also this video:

"A team of researchers led by Babak Amir Parviz, an associate professor of electrical engineering at the University of Washington, just published a paper in the 22 November edition of the Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering that described a breakthrough in the development of an electronic contact lens with a built-in display. Parviz, who collaborated with University of Washington ophthalmologist Tueng Shen and optoelectronics researchers from Aalto University in Finland, has for several years been working on contact lenses that will someday augment the wearer’s vision with external data or use sensors to collect data about the state of the wearer’s health.

"The researchers say that they successfully created a single-pixel wireless display comprising a blue gallium nitride LED mounted on a transparent sapphire chip, an integrated circuit that doubles as a power harvester and controller for the LED, and metal interconnects. They also showed that a series of passive lenses (called Fresnel lenses) less than 1 micrometer thick, when placed on the surface of the contact lens about 360 micrometers away from the LED, can focus the LED light onto the retina in a way that makes it appear as though the single-pixel image is floating in space about 1 meter away from the eye. Otherwise, the image would be right up against the cornea, where the human eye is incapable of bringing objects into focus.

"Of the high-tech miniature display, the researchers said that although it has only one controllable pixel, “…we have provided the first proof-of-concept technology demonstrations for producing multipixel and in-focus images using a contact lens by producing multipixel micro-LED array chips on transparent substrates and micrometer-scale Fresnel lenses that can be integrated into a contact lens.” In other words, the team is making significant progress toward the goal—an array of 3600 10-µm-wide pixels spaced 10 µm apart—that Parviz mentioned in the September 2009 IEEE Spectrum article “Augmented Reality in a Contact Lens.” Now that the researchers have demonstrated the ability to remotely control red and blue LEDs, doing so with green ones is the next step in order to produce full-color displays integrated into contact lenses.

"Among the technical hurdles that remain is developing an improved power supply. The 5-millimeter-radius loop antenna used to draw power wirelessly in the experiments documented in the paper only harvests enough energy when it is within about 2 centimeters of the radio transmitter. Another problem is that the so-called bionic lens is made from polyethylene terephthalate, a form plastic that is not porous enough to be worn against the eye all day. Its poor oxygen permeability could lead to corneal swelling. But the team says it is already back in the lab, attempting to overcome these challenges.

Source: http://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/b...a-contact-lens

CONTACT LENS DELIVER DRUGS to you:

Play above Video!
    David Copeland
    Administrator
    Private Investigators Forums

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

Re: UNDERCOVER SURVEILLANCE just got easier with: The new Google Glasses (Project Glass) - PLUS Contact Lens Camera coming

Count me in, where do I sign? And here I thought my IPhone could do everything.

Re: UNDERCOVER SURVEILLANCE just got easier with: The new Google Glasses (Project Glass) - PLUS Contact Lens Camera coming

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Barbieri View Post
    Count me in, where do I sign? And here I thought my IPhone could do everything.

Based on what the bio-science will be doing with connectivity in your eyes, I suspect an Iphone or any stand alone item will be obsolete as our heads and bodies are injected with the technologies known to the "terminators" of the future.

We already have people with heart monitors inserted ijn their chest cavity with rechargeable batteries. We already have many other insertable medical devices. It would not be a great leap into the unknown to see our eyes become a medical device of the future.

Remember the guy last year who walked around in the city with a camera imbedded in the rear of his skull?

Quote Originally Posted by Technical Support - USA View Post

Based on what the bio-science will be doing with connectivity in your eyes, I suspect an Iphone or any stand alone item will be obsolete as our heads and bodies are injected with the technologies known to the "terminators" of the future.

We already have people with heart monitors inserted ijn their chest cavity with rechargeable batteries. We already have many other insertable medical devices. It would not be a great leap into the unknown to see our eyes become a medical device of the future.

Remember the guy last year who walked around in the city with a camera imbedded in the rear of his skull?
    Yes, here is the news story:

A MAN has revealed the challenges of having a camera implanted in the back of his head as part of an art project.

Wafaa Bilal, an assistant arts professor at the New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts, said that while he has gained notoriety in the last few weeks he has also been shunned by some of his peers.

Mr Bilal revealed in his first interview since the device was implanted that some of his acquaintances have removed him from their guest lists due to privacy concerns.

"If people don't accept it, then I don't want the invitation," Mr Bilal told the Wall Street Journal.

"It's part of me, and that's the idea."

Mr Bilal was commissioned to implant the camera for one year by a new museum in Qatar for the project titled The 3rd I. The museum, Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art, will display a live stream of photos when it opens on December 30.

The device was installed about two weeks ago at a piercing studio and “was a serious operation”.

Three titanium plates with posts were inserted beneath a large flap of skin on the back of his skull. The skin was reattached, hiding the plates but not the posts, and the base for the camera was screwed on.

While his wounds are mostly headed, Mr Bilal said it’s “uncomfortable” and he has been having problems sleeping as he cannot place anything behind his head.

The project was partly inspired by Mr Bilal, who wanted to construct a documentary of his existence and surroundings but had no way of doing so during his nomadic existence in the Middle East.

NYU has struggled to accommodate him and his camera on campus while also shielding student and staff privacy.

He has agreed to cover the device with a lens cap while on NYU property.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/technology/ca...#ixzz1svcZQkLP

Cool Re: UNDERCOVER SURVEILLANCE just got easier with: The new Google Glasses (Project Glass) - PLUS Contact Lens Camera coming

Great post Brad! Guess it was a matter of time before we saw this. Nowadays, if you can "think" it, someone can make it.

Ok, now your scarying me.

Juan Valdes - is offline **
    Lifetime Corporation Member

Corporate Agency Member of:

Ver cool indeed! The only thing I would be worried about is any leakage from the electronic circuitry into the eye. Adding a way to make copies when you blink (just like in the last Mission Impossible movie) would be awesome!
    Anyways, sign me up for one of these pair since I wear contact lenses too.

Sincerely,
    Juan Carlos Valdes
    Cat-Eye Investigations, Inc.
    Badge #5115

I have been following the process and right now it looks like the starting price will be at least $500.00 but they have not announced when it will actually be available. I'm actually surprised Apple hasn't picked up on this. Now is the time for Bill Gates to step up to the plate.

"The Modular Prosthetic Limb (MPL) is a brain-controlled prosthetic that has nearly as much dexterity as a natural limb, and allows independent movement of fingers. "

Hate to have the need to purchase this. Can't imagine the cost of this. Something tells me the new health care bill won't be covering this anytime soon.

Danny Guda is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

very interesting. needs big "SAFETY" test.

but love gadgets so can I try one?

dannyguda