Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IPIU's Reputation

Well, I finally shipped off the training packet nervous,excited, and waiting for a response.

In the mean time I had the opportunity to talk with a Private Investigator during a chance meeting and he had nothing but acolades for IPIU!

Just hearing that IPIU has a great reputation for training Private Investigators and wasn't just a fly by night operation made me more relaxed and totally psyched about my new adventure.

You never know in this day and age what anything is about but I now know that IPIU is truly #1!

READ OTHER TESTIMONIES:
    (Real people, using their real first & last names, with real locations!)
    CLICK HERE
    Pat Sloat

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Thanks, Pat, for the kind remarks.

Although IPIU has been around since 1989, it is not known to all private investigators in the USA (there are over 100,000). IPIU has been so busy doing it's job on a referral basis from those who need it's services, there has never been a worldwide press release! It is truly one of the best kept secrets even within it's own industry! So for you to chance across a professional who has a good knowledge about IPIU, that says our list of accomplishments is growing. Still, we have a LOT of work to do to serve the members.

With over 17,000 members worldwide, we have also had a few complaints. We can't please everyone and not everyone is willing to abide by the Code of Ethics. We had a spotless record up until sometime ago, but now we have some ex-members who have chosen to go elsewhere. At times, I think of IPIU as being a family and seeing some of it's "children" depart with the wrong attitudes and agendas. But all we can do as an association is make them feel welcomed if they choose to return.

I noticed this is your second post on the forums. We hope to see more of you. But let me say, at sometime you will have to sustain your own confidence in IPIU as you achieve small goals towards your dream. We all need to live on borrowed testimony at times, but soon or later we must gain our own.

David

(PS: Maybe I will see you at the Internation Convention!)

Lightbulb Good News

Thanks for the report

It's nice to hear that you have received some positive feedback.
    This is very encouraging and can put one at ease.

Brian G. Russell
    Badge # 6888

I feel the same way about IPIU. I am mailing in my test tomarrow morning and feel very confident. I feel IPIU has been consistent and reliable. IPIU makes me feel I have a stable future.

Encouraging News,

Today, I was surfing the net and came across an ad for investigators.

I called the number; told the person on the other end I was training to become a PI and wondered if I would qualify. She then ask me if I was a level 4, my reply was no, she then told me about IPIU. I told her that’s the organization I am training with and that I am at level one. At this point she stated, if I speed up the process and reach level 4 in the next couple months, that I would be eligible and considered for the assignment.

This was great, my confidence in IPIU has increase. Just the fact that they know of and do business with IPIU was overwhelmingly positive.
    Brian G. Russell
    Badge # 6888

Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum Member
    That's very exciting new, Brian.

I modified your comments to keep upcoming assignments off the the public board. Specific comments and questions are only allowed on the private forums.

The great news is that you are here. Please do not hurry the paper process. It's the best time to learn to navigate the forums, make friends here and read everything you have access to. All these things are preparing you for assignments you may have when you reach level 4.

I look forward to seeing your name on the assignment list in the near future.

That is great to hear that it is recognized in the PI community. Now I am even more excited Thanks for the info.

Jeff Shipley

How encouraging

It is so encouraging to hear all the great things being said about IPIU. The wait for the manual seems long, but thats also because I am so anxious to begin-- and then I remind myself that we all have begun, by joining, by participating, and by learning a little more each day. This is how we grow.

Thumbs up Skeptical

I have to be honest... I was skeptical when I first started the process.
    I mean, I had found this through a website and decided that it was a good as chance as any to get into a profession that I've always been interested in.
    I did the first part through the electronic clearance and started getting a little nervous.
    Since the initial process, I've had so many questions and everyone here has been able to answer them! It was a relief to hear that others have had the same questions during the same time in their process.
    I don't think one really realizes that others are going through the same things, the same questions and insecurities, as you until you read the threads on this site. It was such a relief that I wasn't the only one who had worries and questions and doubts about the profession we all want to get into.
    I'm confident now that if anything comes up, I can come here and ask a question and know I'm being helped by the best!

It is really great to read the comments about ipiu. I have just begun the process and already getting excited to see what is instore for me with ipiu.

Good luck to all of you!!
    Harley Teel

Badge #6791

11. I feel that this is a great opportunity for new investigators to get good quality training and some experience in order to build a solid foundation for a PI Career.

Barry

Edward Taguba is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forums

Professional Member of:
    Originally posted by Barry Czerno
    I feel that this is a great opportunity for new investigators to get good quality training and some experience in order to build a solid foundation for a PI Career.

Barry
    Barry,

I agree with you a 110% on this.

Aloha,

Aloha! Barry,

Great advice! I agree with you. Building a solid foundation is a must in order to keep balance. Have a good day...

Aloha,

Sunya
    Sunya N. Nardo

With A Power Greater Than Yourself
    All Things Is Possible.........

Badge# 6821

Hello everyone,

I'm pleased to see so many positive feedback responses. From the moment I picked up the phone to order my packet electronically, I felt at ease and assured that IPIU was a 1st rate and ethical organization.

I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for admin who handles these forums like it's nothing (we all know how difficult it must be), the moderators', who are always there to help and if need be guide us (or gently but firmly inform us when we're out of line), and all the forum members who give their advice when needed.

I applaud everyone from the very top to the very newest newbie.

Colleen L Hayes Badge #6915

15. I agree!!!!

Anytime I have a question they are quick to respond and help!!!

I also like the family atmosphere here. I hope someday - we all have an opportunity to meet at an IPIU gathering.

Barry

Hi Barry,

First let me extend a warm welcome to the IPIU family. It would be nice to put a face to the typed word.

Until then, we shall be the online IPIU family. Have a great day.

I found it on the web, it is great to hear so many positive responses!
    Roy Leech

Dear Members:

It is refreshing for me to read the unsolicited testimonials here by so many members after a hard day on the job.

Some of the testimonials in this forum have included how the majority of members enjoy the respectful discussion atmosphere here after getting all "dirty" at some of the other internet free-for-all sites. The price that you all pay is we have heavy moderation here to insure that all 16,000 forum members abide by their Code of Ethics, Forum Rules, and the Mission Statement. Without the long hours the administrators put into this board, and the many hours our volunteer moderators put in, this site may have gone the way of a less than appealing place for all to enjoy.

With over 130,000 topics and comments posted in the forums, the vast majority of members never see the very few disrespectful comments posted by some newcomers who refuse to invest the time in getting to know you, the forums, IPIU, and our mission. Rarely do we remove a comment. We may choose to edit a comment occasionally to retain the respect here and to allow the offending member to keep their membership, but we never delete the comments. If we have to ban a comment, we archive it.

I guess the reason I am writing is that my job has to do with ethics. I serve on the Board of Ethics, which works closely with Legal Affairs in insuring that both IPIU and it's members (including free forum members and union members) are living up to their responsibilities.

By and large, we never have a full agenda. There are very few complaints that our board receives. However, when we do receive a complaint, it takes days of research at times to investigate both sides. In addition, it is exhausting for me and the other board members to go through.

In the last 4 weeks we have been under an assault by two or three trouble makers on the internet who are determine to undermine IPIU's integrity, it's Mission Statement, and it's members. They only represent a few out of the more than 30,000 members worldwide. We spent many days reviewing these abuses, some of which we choose not to answer, while others we were required to answer. And nearly all of our answers have always been with direct links to this web site where you and others are free to read and make up your own mind. IPIU has nothing to hide except on a right-to-know basis to protect harmful assaults and the identities of its members. Our Privacy Statement is clearly posted at the bottom of every page.

It is a task to read one email complaint, which includes pasting in a web topic where all of you have participated in for the answer.

It is a joy to receive an email from the same person hours later who is happy to see an open topic of respect and duty and answers provided to all who have a genuine interest.

My job is a mix of highs and lows. However, coming here and reading your unsolicited testimonials of everything IPIU has done right for you and the other members is a pick-me-up experience. (At times I feel that I am on the vice-squad in getting around the very few who make trouble. But when I come here, as time permits, I feel like you give me a shower and a spa treatment).

I do not understand why the troublemakers still try to assault the virtues of IPIU. IPIU's president is a speechwriter for President Bush, and also served under President Reagan. If he were asked the question of "why", I can guess his answer would be "jealousy" or fear of a little competition. Our code of conduct does not permit us to speak ill of anyone, any competition, or any organization. Some of you have seen how the moderators and others respectfully get across our point while respectfully disagreeing and retaining respect for each other.

IPIU is not for everyone. But for many, it is by their choice. And I thank you for making that choice.
    Ann Ryan
    Director - Board of Ethics

International Private Investigators Union

Well said Ann and I agree with you 110% when I joined it was my choice and a great choice it was. I really enjoy IPIU and I would not change anything about it. We do have some ignorant people who is judgmental, but those are the ones who don't take the time to read the fines lines of IPIU. This is just my opinion. Keep up the great work you have done for us and job well done. Have a wonderful evening.....IPIU is a wonderful website.....

Aloha,

Sunya
    Sunya N. Nardo

Badge# 6821

Thanks, Ann! I, too was unsure of this organization, mainly because I have never heard of it. However, IPIU has proved itself over and over again! You are all so professional, and courteous to boot! I have already mailed in my "Code of Ethics", and am waiting for my manuel, and look forward to approaching Level 4!
    Keep fighting the "good fight"!
    Melinda Cole

"Do not let anyone claim to be a true American if they ever attempt to remove religion from politics."
    George Washington

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified
    Originally posted by Melinda Cole
    am waiting for my manuel,
    Click here:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=11318

Thumbs up IPIU's Reputation

I have become more and more impressed with IPIU. At first, when the customer service rep asked me to sign up while we were on the phone for significant financial savings, I was a bit apprehensive. There are lots of questionable businesses offering the same thing but somehow I felt okay about it this time. And I'm certainly glad I did because it shortened the time it took to receive my first mail from IPIU.

Now I have my ID card and badge, and am waiting for the next step. I'm eager to get my manual and start learning. From what I've read so far, I think I'm in very good company and am really glad I am signed up with IPIU.

When is the international convention?

Greetings to all fellow IPIU members.

Leona Martin
    Leona Martin

To be honest about it,it was after a couple of days reading the forums that I decided to pursue this opportunity thru IPIU. I don't know of another forum that stays as upbeat and helpful as this one. Thanks for letting me hang out !
    ctberry

Ann,

I, as a member of IPIU, and soon-to-be licensed PI, appreciate your kind words. You, the other moderators and administrators make these forums what they are. Because of you, we the members are able to enjoy and achieve what we want from this site - membership and employment.

If not for you, we would not have the access this web site provides. You, every one of you, need to thank yourselves for the positive feedback. If not for each and every one of you that positive feedback would not be positive.

Working in an office environment as a secretary, I know too well that a well oiled machine works only if oiled. The oilers' are on the inside looking out - looking out for the good of all concerned. The oilers in this case are the administrators and the moderators.

We THANK YOU!!!!!!
    Colleen

Originally posted by Colleen L Hayes
    I, as a member of IPIU, and soon-to-be licensed PI,
    Colleen,

Please email us at legal@ipiu.org with your Arizona license number and details when you have it. We will perform an upgrade for you.
    Legal Affairs comments are not intended to be and should absolutely not be taken as legal advice. If you should require legal, tax, or financial advice, you must first enter into a written agreement with only a licensed professional for legal, tax, or financial services, signed by both you and the licensed professional, and paid a retainer in good funds. Legal Affairs is not, nor intends to be, nor solicits to be your licensed professional. Members accessing comments by Legal Affairs are required to be bound by their Terms of Use Agreement regarding Legal Affairs.

Its the Tops

Hi all IPIU is the greatest informative organization to appear on internet. I mean, just about any information you require, you can find here! Thanks a lot IPIU

Aloha<

From day one I didn't doubt IPIU for some reason TRUST entered my mind and heart. I wouldn't change a thing for the world. I have learned knowledgeable information and advice here, and the staff and volunteers made me feel comfortable. I can't believe that my career choice has changed and IPIU made this possible for me.

I would like to thank everyone for allowing me to be a part of this successful team. The questions that I ask gets answered quickly and sometimes an assignment is given. Like following directions and searching by myself for my answer made me an IPIU Web User Wiz (Nah! Just Joking)

It's been a pleasure being an IPIU member and I am greatful to all for your wonderful comments, great advice, and your friendship....

Have a great weekend...........

Aloha,
    Sunya N. Nardo

Badge# 6821

Originally posted by Legal Affairs

Colleen,

Please email us at legal@ipiu.org with your Arizona license number and details when you have it. We will perform an upgrade for you.
    I want to thank you in advance for your consideration. I may have made it sound as if I will receive my license soon (within the next few months), but may not receive it for years. I'm hoping the former of the two occurs.

I have been promoted to SGT and am now supervisor of my shift with the security company I work for. I am looking forward to my 'on the job training' with local operatives while advancing with as much knowledge as I can accumulate toward my goal as a licensed Private Investigator.

Again, thank you very much and I look forward to advancing as expeditiously as possible. I am only able to do all of this with your help, the help of the admin, the moderators and fellow forum members.

I truly feel blessed to be a member of this wonderful family.

This is all great to hear as a newcomer. All the positive feedback and accolades are very reassuring as well. I'm looking forward to following in everyone's footsteps and getting the ball rolling.

Re: Skeptical

Originally posted by Christina Juarez
    I have to be honest... I was skeptical when I first started the process.
    I mean, I had found this through a website and decided that it was a good as chance as any to get into a profession that I've always been interested in.
    I did the first part through the electronic clearance and started getting a little nervous.
    Since the initial process, I've had so many questions and everyone here has been able to answer them! It was a relief to hear that others have had the same questions during the same time in their process.
    I don't think one really realizes that others are going through the same things, the same questions and insecurities, as you until you read the threads on this site. It was such a relief that I wasn't the only one who had worries and questions and doubts about the profession we all want to get into.
    I'm confident now that if anything comes up, I can come here and ask a question and know I'm being helped by the best!

You're situation and experiances are so much like my own. I agree with you whole-heartedly about the level of helpful professionalism and ethics that we all can aspire to. Thank you. I hope this will continue to be a posative process, for myself and all that have joined.
    Angela Virgo

Hi Coleen and Hi again Angela,
    I just picked up the phone today and ordered my packet. I'm excited and I'll be checking the mail every day. I met one of the moderators when I worked with her on a job and I coaxed this website from her. One of these days I'll say "Boo" and surprise her. I 'm really thankful to her.

Originally posted by Colleen L Hayes
    Hello everyone,

I'm pleased to see so many positive feedback responses. From the moment I picked up the phone to order my packet electronically, I felt at ease and assured that IPIU was a 1st rate and ethical organization.

Sylvia from Michigan

Originally posted by Sylvia Buetow
    Hi Coleen and Hi again Angela,
    I just picked up the phone today and ordered my packet. I'm excited and I'll be checking the mail every day. I met one of the moderators when I worked with her on a job and I coaxed this website from her. One of these days I'll say "Boo" and surprise her. I 'm really thankful to her.

Make sure it's a REALLY big BOOOOOO! and one for the rest of us.
    Angela Virgo

Sylvia,

This is a belated reply, but as I'm sure you've already experienced, you can't go wrong with the help from the moderators, the administration, legal affairs and all the forum members. It's a win, win situation.

The only problem I've encountered has been on my part. There are never enough hours in a day, days in a week, etc., to read and respond to these forums.

However, give as much time as possible and you will do fine. It's more the quality not the quantity that really matters (even though the quantity helps in the numbers).

Good luck to you Sylvia.

IPIU's Reputation

Reading the comments posted above it seems that it is no more to say about IPIU 's perfect organization, methods of training and providing an amazing environment to the people.

Nevertheless, I would like to outline my primal feeling: being carefully and kindly watched, advised and ...protected, in a way that never occured before, during my stydying- and career-development processes.

Thumbs up IPIU Great Reputation

Originally posted by Dragos Sfinteanu
    IPIU's Reputation

Reading the comments posted above it seems that it is no more to say about IPIU 's perfect organization, methods of training and providing an amazing environment to the people.

Nevertheless, I would like to outline my primal feeling: being carefully and kindly watched, advised and ...protected, in a way that never occured before, during my stydying- and career-development processes.

Hello Everybody,
    My main concern was this sounds to good to be true. I was given positive inspiration on the phone by one of the representatives from the door. I applied over the telephone, I was concern with being hired at 50 years of age, her response was it was a plus I would be considered to be more responsible, besides it's on the job training.

Well everyone has basically said what I wanted to say about the reputation of IPIU, admininstrators, moderators and members. I feel honored to be here.

I'm learning a lot of different things and meeting a lot of different people. I've joined the union, signed the code of ethics and ordered by badge. I now await my manual and test. I can't wait to get to level 4. I hope to be working by Christmas if not sooner.

Everybody keep up the good work you know that there are naysayers everywhere; but the proof is in the puddings IPIU is awesome.

Mary
    I am grandmom's baby

Karen McQuilken is offline Private Investigators Forum Member

Member since 2003:
    Hopefully it is okay to post . . .

[Edited by Moderator pending Administrative Review]
    Karen McQuilken

Badge# 7016

Hi Karen,

I had to edit your posts until Administration can have a look at them. Please do not post any more on this particular subject until you have heard from Admin.

Otherwise, feel free to continue to participate on the forums in the meanntime. Thank you in advance for your co-operation.

Originally posted by Karen McQuilken
    Hopefully it is okay to post . . .
    No, it is not "okay" to post.

Please review the following Code of Ethics that you have recently signed:

http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=12447

And read the following Forum Rules that you agreed to (which includes several email addresses made available for your needs):
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...&threadid=2914

As for your comment, this single issue is old news and has already been addressed in the following public topic link:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...062#post127062

And last, I am saddened that you did not read all of this particular topic, as I posted the following:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...167#post117167

Sincerely,

Ann Marie
    (On Christmas vacation this week)
    Ann Ryan
    Director - Board of Ethics

International Private Investigators Union

Originally posted by Melinda Cole
    Thanks, Ann! I, too was unsure of this organization, mainly because I have never heard of it. However, IPIU has proved itself over and over again! You are all so professional, and courteous to boot! I have already mailed in my "Code of Ethics", and am waiting for my manuel, and look forward to approaching Level 4!
    Keep fighting the "good fight"!
    Thanks Ann!
    I have to admit reading some of the replys lately has been on my mind. I started checking out IPIU when I first found out about it and was very skeptical. I went ahead and took a leap of faith and trust that everything is up and up. I have mailed my ethics and dues in and waiting the manuals and badge. Hopefully they will come soon so I can get started. I am excited about getting a career to be proud of and enjoy at the same time.
    Harley Teel

Badge #6791

Rep reply

I just read these comments and I hope that this is well taken.

There are times when one needs to check oneself, and there are times when others demand answers of one. It is time consuming. It takes away from others the time they need to have for growth and to be instructed.

Just to qoute in part if I may.
    "I do not understand why the troublemakers still try to assault the virtues of IPIU. If he were asked the question of "why", I can guess his answer would be "jealousy" or fear of a little competition. Our code of conduct does not permit us to speak ill of anyone, any competition, or any organization."
    The latter "Our code conduct, etc." will speak mostly by the example that is set by the members, however there are times when an answer must be given by word.

As I read this I could not but think, jealousy is not so much that one wants what another has - but maybe, it's that, that one does not want the other to have.

Anyway, reading this forum has been very encouraging.

You know, is there anyone including the GREATEST that has not been accused of an injustice.

Even if there is smooth sailing, there is always work.

Thank you.

James

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast