Thread: Your Private Investigator Office for only $99 per year!

Your Private Investigator Office for only $99 per year!

We have revised our program for private investigators (who do not have corporations yet) who need the use of a shared office and phone in downtown Denver, Colorado:

The Colorado Shared Office averages $8.33 a month when our union members use the early-bird discount of $99.99 per year.

The office (which is an actual walk in office with receptionist, secretary) includes the following:

• Downtown Denver office street address
    • Mail forwarding (casual*)
    • General office phone number (answered generically)
    • Customized personal Denver phone which points to either your personal cell phone, office, or home for you to answer
    • Free Toll-Free Number setup for clients to call you (billed at 5 cents a minute and $5/mo)
    • Free Registered Agent Service (if you have a Colorado Corporation set up through us)
    • Optional Magicjack phone number set up on your personal computer to receive and make calls with free long distance.

Example 1:

John Smith, Private Investigator
    Embassy Unit
    000 Main Street
    Denver, CO 00000

Office: 303-111-1111 (Points to rings on your cell, etc)
    Office: 303-111-0000 (General Office for backup)

Example 2:

John Smith, Private Investigator
    Embassy Unit
    000 Main Street
    Denver, CO 00000

Office: 303-111-1111 (Magicjack phone rings on your computer)
    Office: 800-000-0000 (Toll free that points to Magicjack)

INSTRUCTIONS TO ORDER:

1. You need to be a union member of the International Private Investigators Union in order to qualify for the low early-bird discount of $99.99 per year. To choose a plan (such as the Economy Plan), either call the office at 406--534-0251, or go online to purchase at the following link:

http://www.privateinvestigator.cc/index.php?cPath=67

2. Once you have your membership plan in your shopping cart, then go to the following Office Plan and add it to your shopping cart to pay together:

http://www.privateinvestigator.cc/pr...oducts_id=1638

3. Or to order over the phone, call 406-534-0251

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    BBB A+ Rating Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 28th Year Serving 47,932 Members
    CALL IPIU TODAY TO JOIN: 406-534-0251

Stephen Douglass is offline **
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Lightbulb Re: Your Private Investigator Office for only $99 per year!

Is this program for Licensed PI only, or is this open for people who have IPIU's credentials?
    This is some thing I am interested in doing and more information would be helpful,
    thank you
    Stephen Douglass

Re: Your Private Investigator Office for only $99 per year!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Douglass View Post
    Is this program for Licensed PI only, or is this open for people who have IPIU's credentials?
    This is some thing I am interested in doing and more information would be helpful,
    thank you
    Stephen Douglass
    This discounted office plan is available to all IPIU members who are current in their union dues. To purchase, use the link in Post #1.

Thanks Robert.
    I rather like this idea, now to get a local PO Box and get my address off of my business cards.
    The cards I hand out to non client's and non businesses have only my phone and email

John Sanderson is offline Lifetime Member

Corporate Agency Member of:

Stephen,

My agency has been using the office program for about 2 or 3 years now and we're completely satisfied. For you though, considering I know you a bit, I would recommend opening a corporation which comes with the office program. Considering your desire to build up your process service business, you could easily form a branch of your Colorado corporation in NY for a nominal cost. In doing so, you wouldn't necessarily have to get a PO Box, you could use your corp HQ address on your business cards.

Besides I have found through experience, many businesses prefer to hire other businesses as contractors, rather then hiring independent contractors. Having a company name goes a long way. (just a thought)

Either way, I think the office program offers an extra level of professionalism to an individual's image.
    John Sanderson

Task Force Investigations
    Logistics Department

Thank you for the insight John.

I am Currently considering the Corp. plan. The problem currently is that I already have a DBA here. I have had some conflicting information from the local SBA, my accountant, the municipality I live in is at war with the Village I have an "office" in. the list just roll's on. Until I get all the 0000 hammered out, between the state, local and others, I really can't move forward with incorporating. I may have to run 2 separate businesses and then "buy out" my business here.

You know, when I got out of the service I could have lived any where in the world. I came home, not so much out of loyalty, but because I truly loved where I grew up. I have since come to understand in this state, if you wish to run a business, MOVE OUT.

John the POBox thing is because of a recent incident in the court parking lot with a 0000 who now has my home address.
    They are posted on my cards for law firms. the ones that I leave as a courtesy card on perps doors only have my name, title and phone number. This guy got his hands on both.

I am Currently considering the Corp. plan. The problem currently is that I already have a DBA here. I have had some conflicting information from the local SBA, my accountant, the municipality I live in is at war with the Village I have an "office" in. the list just roll's on. Until I get all the 0000 hammered out, between the state, local and others, I really can't move forward with incorporating. I may have to run 2 separate businesses and then "buy out" my business here.
    Your SBA, accountant, and other local government concerns will have no bearing on what you choose to do in the State of Colorado. It is out of their jurisdiction.

Secondly, your DBA (if not incorporated) means you are personally liable for any potential lawsuit that may arise (which means your personal assets, bank accounts, everything is subject to any court judgement). A DBA also exposes your name to all public records and potential loss of privacy.

When you incorporate through IPIU, we file all of your documents anonymously to protect both your privacy and your assets. If a lawsuit arises, the plaintiff will be required to go to Colorado to pursue, yet they will still not be able to see any public ownership of the corporation.

We also provide you with setting up a corporate bank account with free Visa Check Card with no credit check, free online banking, no minimum balance or fees, and the ability to manage your affairs from any computer in the world. We also provide an optional MagicJack phone number in Denver for an additional $39, which allows you to make and receive phone calls anywhere your computer is with free long distance. The phone service renews each years at $19/year.

Third, if you are considering just the office plan at $99.99 a year, then you may consider an extra $199 to incorporate (because as John mentioned, the $99 office is free with your corporation) Plus, when you renew you corporation license next year, the early bird renewal is only $99 (which includes your corporation license, registered corporate agent, and the office)

If you need to split the corp amount into 2 payments, then call Tim at 406-534-0251.

Note: Once you have your own corporation, you can direct your corporation through a resolution to purchase all assets from your current DBA business and be done with the local politics.
    Legal Affairs comments are not intended to be and should absolutely not be taken as legal advice. If you should require legal, tax, or financial advice, you must first enter into a written agreement with only a licensed professional for legal, tax, or financial services, signed by both you and the licensed professional, and paid a retainer in good funds. Legal Affairs is not, nor intends to be, nor solicits to be your licensed professional. Members accessing comments by Legal Affairs are required to be bound by their Terms of Use Agreement regarding Legal Affairs.

Thank you for the above information, it is insightful and very helpful.

Is there a forum that I can direct a few more questions about "resolutions to purchase..assets" from my current DBA? While I don't have much in tangible assets through my existing business, I had applied for grants that I may be in violation of clauses if my primary isn't in New York, and more specifically, within the village I am in. This holds a 5 year agreement.

Further, to my understanding, NY holds me personally liable any way, that's why they require "errors and omissions" in their insurance minimums. You gotta love this state, no one else does.

Thank you for your reply to my query.
    I may be contacting Tim shortly, as this does seem to be the wiser route.

Is there a forum that I can direct a few more questions about "resolutions to purchase..assets" from my current DBA?... While I don't have much in tangible assets through my existing business, I had applied for grants that I may be in violation of clauses if my primary isn't in New York, and more specifically, within the village I am in. This holds a 5 year agreement.
    Stephen,

There is a forum that would be most beneficial and useful, it's called the Corporation Owners' Forum. However, it is reserved for corporate and LLC owners.

I am not personally familiar with any tribal land or property in NY, but that is just me. I'm not in NY so I won't try to dance around the subject. I am however a card carrying member of the Cherokee Tribe, not to say I know their laws intimately.

Anyway, I cannot see in any legal context (public, private or tribal) any reason why you could not open a corporation. If you so chose, your ownership of a corporation could remain completely confidential. In doing so, you keep yourself completely free of personal liability.

I have not gone to any length to keep the ownership of my corporation secret, but it was only me who 'let the cat out of the bag'.

I can back-up Legal Affairs' claim that your corporation can in deed purchase your NY business, whether it is an LLC or otherwise. It is no different then a new owner taking over.

I am happy to discuss more with you, in private also if you so desire. I trust by now, you have access to my contact information (if not feel free to use my level 4 chat for more information). I see a lot of growth for you if you pursue the corp program. I don't mean to beat the subject to death, I just felt I would be doing you an injustice by not pointing out the above.

Matthew Sage - is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

What about if you live in California?

Guadalupe Mireles is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

This is good Information!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sage View Post
    What about if you live in California?
    You can open a corporation in Colorado, with a branch in California. With the membership you currently have, you could get free assistance in obtaining a license sponsor so you don't have to wait the typical 3 years. Contact the admins through your Office of the President Forum, for details.

Does this answer your question?
    John Sanderson

Task Force Investigations
    Logistics Department

I already have my corporation...www.gssii.us
    Just need the sponsor for the License! I will post in the Office of the President Forum. Thank you

I already have my corporation...www.gssii.us
    Just need the sponsor for the License! I will post in the Office of the President Forum. Thank you
    Nice website!

Thank you John! It was professionaly done by IPIU, so you have some idea of how well they build a website. You know, I couldnt find the Office of the President Forum? Is it in Level 4 access?
    Matt

Thank you John! It was professionaly done by IPIU, so you have some idea of how well they build a website.
    I had no idea they were so good! It's one he** of an improvement from the free web pages. I know you're fairly new to the union, but the free web pages look like this: www.taskforce.investigations.pi-agency.us. I like the free web pages, but your upgrade is great!

You know, I couldnt find the Office of the President Forum? Is it in Level 4 access?
    Matt
    Your personal Office of the President Forum is in your Executive Agency Forum. Once you click on your agency's forum from the main page, your Office of the President Forum should be near the top.

Each Executive Agency has it's own private Office of the President Forum, so you can work directly with the administrators to meet your agency's goals privately and discreetly.

Realizing I am off topic, I'm going to cut this response short. If you need any further assistance, please post in your introduction thread named after yourself. Or, if you want to chat sometime, feel free to post in my level 4 chat thread (named after me), in the level 4 chat forum.

Did you incorporate using the IPIU's services? If so, are you familiar with the benefits of the office program that came with it? If you incorporated somewhere else, you can still get the IPIU's office program.

John G - is offline Retired Forum Moderator

Private Investigators Forums
    Sponsored by the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Matt, let me give you a hint: New Lifetime Agencies Forum. Try there.

Johnny and John!
    Thanks to both of you!
    Mr. Ginsberg, did you spend 9/11 in any special way?
    Matt

John G - is offline Retired Forum Moderator

Private Investigators Forums
    Sponsored by the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Matt, I'll answer you in YOUR chat thread.