Thread: US SUPREME COURT REJECTS ATHEIST demand to REMOVE "IN GOD WE TRUST"!

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

US SUPREME COURT REJECTS ATHEIST demand to REMOVE "IN GOD WE TRUST"!

QUOTED FROM INTERNET SOURCES:

"The U.S. Supreme Court turned aside a challenge to "In God We Trust" on the nation's coins and currency Monday, refusing to consider a Sacramento man's claim that the national motto is a government endorsement of religion.

"Michael Newdow, an atheist, has filed numerous lawsuits against government-sponsored religious invocations, including the words "under God" that were added to the Pledge of Allegiance in 1954.

"The Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco agreed with him in 2002 that the phrase was religiously motivated and that it sent a message to nonbelievers that they were outsiders. But the Supreme Court dismissed the suit in 2007, saying Newdow lacked standing to represent the interests of his daughter, an elementary school student, because the child's mother had custody of her.

Newdow refiled the suit on behalf of a local parent.

But in a 2-1 decision in October, a different appeals court panel said "under God" was a historic, nonreligious recognition of the faith of the nation's founders in a higher power as the source of all rights. Newdow has appealed to the Supreme Court.

In the currency case, Newdow argued that the inscription of the motto on money makes him an unwilling bearer of a religious message. He was turned down in October by the same appeals court panel that ruled against him in the pledge case.

Judge Carlos Bea wrote that the court recognized in a 1970 ruling that the motto has a "patriotic or ceremonial character" and "has no theological or ritualistic impact." The Obama administration and the conservative Pacific Justice Institute had opposed the lawsuit.

The Supreme Court denied review Monday without comment. Newdow said he was disappointed but would refile the suit elsewhere.

"A nation that holds itself out as a beacon of religious liberty chooses an exclusionary term as its national motto, and says one religious view is better than another," he said.

The case is Newdow vs. Lefevre, 10-893.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz1GJZ98Jxf

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

PERSONAL Opinion Only

As a child I enjoyed saying the pledge to our country "under god". I may have not known god at an early age, but as I grew older I did learn how to feel His presence, and use His blessings through the hard times. If I had not been taught to say "in god we trust", I could have grown up feeling like a communist, or some other sect where the real blessings are absent.

May God bless this country, and may God bless those who have yet to know Him.

Donna

Russell Pearson - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Re: US SUPREME COURT REJECTS ATHEIST demand to REMOVE "IN GOD WE TRUST"!

In God, is my trust:-) Amen Sister, God Bless America and may God Bless you:-)

John G - is offline Retired Forum Moderator

Private Investigators Forums
    Sponsored by the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

MY PERSONAL OPINION ONLY! :

Without God, we have nothing--including the option to say we don't believe in God, if we choose to exercise that option. I believe in God, and I'm proud to serve Him in any way I can.

PERSONAL Opinion Only

Donna, at whatever age you are depicted, you are as cute as one of God's . . . angels.

I have always seen the difference between a godless person's synthetic smile and a smile that carries His Spirit.

Jerome O Isaac-- is offline Sr. Distinguished Member:

2007 Honorary Ambassador of Good Will

Greetings Brothers/Sisters, grace and peace be with you always from the Lord Jesus Christ, Amen.

Donna, very interesting find, this article has brought to light some hidden truth to me and I thank you for that (). I’d like to respond to some of the above quotes by my IPIU brothers before I comment on the main topic without going “Off topic”
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I have always seen the difference between a godless person's synthetic smile and a smile that carries His Spirit.
    Robert, this is so true, I know personally that once you open up your heart and mind to GOD and his truth this Smile you speak of consumes you and can only be noticed by others (same)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny
    MY PERSONAL OPINION ONLY! : Without God, we have nothing--including the option to say we don't believe in God, if we choose to exercise that option. I believe in God, and I'm proud to serve Him in any way I can.
    Johnny, thanks for your response it has tickled me () you have spoken truthfully, I too; am proud to serve with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell
    In God, is my trust :-) Amen Sister, God Bless America and may God Bless you :-)
    Russell, I’m glad to know that you’re firm in your beliefs, may the Lord bless you also.

My Personal Opinion Only: Michael Newdow does have a valid concern towards parents/children but since he’s a professed ATHEIST his argument’s lack foundation, so not to offend others and their pride this fight will be lost as it’s not fought for the right reason and that is for GOD.
    Johnny has plainly stated above that we all have free will, laws that were placed here by our government prior to our arrival here on earth and will remain, and; they will only be changed if its according to GOD‘s will.

Back to topic: there is much to say about this world that we live in, but, without knowledge of the truth of our very existence and how we came to be here on earth, many of us will leave without knowing, so it’s very important to be obedient when you hear GOD calling you as he will reveal the mysteries of this world and everything in it.

PS: Donna, I had my calling at age 11 but did not listened until I was 17.

Thanks for sharing this post and peace be with you always.