Thread: I can no longer hear the words to popular music. Am I getting too old when I expect my music lyrics to be heard with clarity?

Let me ask all of the current younger generation:

Am I getting too old when I expect my music lyrics to be heard with clarity?

Have I lost "it" because I can no longer hear the words to popular music?

Am I now to be thrown into a sea of popular music where all I hear is screaming, vulgarity, lip sysping, and loud electronic music where artists synthisize fake sounds instead of taking the time to thumb a guitar, blow a horn, or learn to use drum sticks?

Yes, I am as old as the Beatles (in which I was a part back in the 60's).

Listen to the following songs and honestly tell me what you think when listening to them, in comparison to today's "popular" music:

And if you are of the older generation, please cheer in your support.
    Forum Administrator Staff
    London, England
    www.ipiu.org

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    BBB A+ Rating Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 31st Year Serving 48,366 Members
    CALL IPIU TODAY TO JOIN: 406-534-0251 (USA)

John G - is offline Retired Forum Moderator

Private Investigators Forums
    Sponsored by the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Re: I can no longer hear the words to popular music. Am I getting too old when I expect my music lyrics to be heard with clarity?

You're not alone, Admin. There is not a day gone by that I do not hear of "Lady Gaga", and cringe. I'm only in my near mid 40's, and I'm disgusted with most of the music out there. I listen to "classic" rock mostly myself. I pay the money for XM satellite radio in my vehicle, and I keep to the MP3's on my beloved laptop when I listen to music. So Admin, I hear and feel your pain.

Liz Mason - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member
    Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Blog Entries

Re: I can no longer hear the words to popular music. Am I getting too old when I expect my music lyrics to be heard with clarity?

Admin & Johnny,

I guess I am in the same boat as the two of you and I am sure that we are not alone. The music of today simply does not do it for me. I am especially drawn to Jazz, New Orleans style, the oldies but goodies of yesteryear and old Country Music.

When the Rock groups came along and started their fowl language, Rap came along and is nothing but rudeness and fowl sounding words that I have always found offensive, I retreated back into a shell of listening to basically nothing but instrumental music. Rap is the one genre of music that I do not attune myself to even listen to.

I have to admit that Madonna has some music that I really like, if I do not have to watch the video music. The younger generation call us old fogies, but I believe their ears have been so damaged, that they do not even understand what it is they are listening to.

These are my own personal opinions, so please take no offense and listen to what makes you enjoy the music in your heart.