Thread: Help, I can't get the spell checker to down load so that my spelling is right.

Amanda Lee is offline ***
    Licensed Private Investigator
    Private Investigator Forum Member

International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Arrow Help, I can't get the spell checker to down load so that my spelling is right.

Ms. Petra,
    Help, I can not get the spell checker to down load so that my spelling is right. Any suggestions on what to do?
    Thanks for listening.

Michael Newman is offline Licensed Private Investigator
    Certified

Corporate Agency Associate Member of:

Re: Amanda Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Lee View Post
    Ms. Petra,
    Help, I can not get the spell checker to down load so that my spelling is right. Any suggestions on what to do?
    Thanks for listening.
    What web browsers do you have on your computer?

Google Chrome?
    Firefox?
    Internet Explorer?

And what "version" of the web browsers?

Petra Post - is offline Retired Administrator
    ***** Certified SPI

Former Insignio Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum

Ms. Petra,
    Thanks for listening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Newman View Post
    What web browsers do you have on your computer?

Google Chrome?
    Firefox?
    Internet Explorer?

And what "version" of the web browsers?
    What Michael said then, until you get the spell check to work properly, go 'advanced' before submitting and you can read over what you just wrote. That way, you at least spell check it manually for now.

I've stopped using IE all together. Even though I didn't like google at first, it is working like a charm (and so much faster), so you might want to look into that.

We'll go from there

That is a big help. Thank you. I use Internet Explorer for my web browser so knowing this I will get my computer geek friend to look at it. That will fix our porblem, I hope. I can usually do ok on my own but every once in a while I really need some help. He'll just shake his head and laugh at me. This is actually kind of fun becasue I am learning.

That is a big help. Thank you. I use Internet Explorer for my web browser so knowing this I will get my computer geek friend to look at it. That will fix our porblem, I hope. I can usually do ok on my own but every once in a while I really need some help. He'll just shake his head and laugh at me. This is actually kind of fun becasue I am learning.
    If you are using Internet Explorer as a web browser, then click on the following link to download the spell check software:

http://dw.com.com/redir?edId=3&siteI...t%3Ddl-ieSpell

When you click on the above link, you may be prompted in your browser to approve the download.

Once you install the program, then the spell check will appear whenever you right mouse-click in the message you are typing.

The main web site for the spell check is here:
    http://www.iespell.com/

Ok that is what I have done, but IE will not permit the down load because it goes against my anit virus and protections soft ware programs. I have every thing set quite hight. I even tried to do an over ride with no success.

Ok that is what I have done, but IE will not permit the down load because it goes against my anit virus and protections soft ware programs. I have every thing set quite hight. I even tried to do an over ride with no success.
    Then you need to disable your anti-virus until you complete the download. You can always call the anti-virus tech support if you need help in downloading "approved" programs that are safe.

John Sanderson is offline Lifetime Member

Corporate Agency Member of:

Just chiming in;

I use the spell check as described above and have never had any issues. I have placed my trust in the recommendations of the admins.

Also,

I would re-affirm the recommendations of the administrators about switching to Google Chrome. When viewing the IPIU site and forums, there are some things you are missing. You could do what I have done (in the past) and simply added the Google Chrome program and continue to use IE for anything else. Also, I believe Google Chrome has a built in spell check program which checks spelling as you type.

Also, I have followed the advice of the admins and gotten the System Mechanic Pro program which in my opinion and seemingly the same of the admins, is better then anti-virus programs.

I would also recommend considering membership. The level 3 and 4 forums have massive amounts of free resources listed in them.

Red face Re: Amanda Lee

Thank you John. I am making arrangements to have a friend help me with the programming over the holiday weekend and setting up the Google Chrome. I am also considering membership. Someone offered me a scolarship. I am most greatful but I have not had an oppertunity to follow up on it yet.

I have so much to learn here on level one. I am just amazed at what all is offered. I would be truly lost with out the PIUnion and all of the help that they are giving me with my education.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and hopefully will talk to you soon.

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

DHS Certified

Thank you John. I am making arrangements to have a friend help me with the programming over the holiday weekend and setting up the Google Chrome.
    Make sure you watch your friend so you can learn yourself. That's how I learned, step by step until I can now download my own applications.

Google Chrome does have a free spell checker. To download it on your computer, go here:
    http://www.google.com/chrome

Ok Google Chrome is installed. I always pay close attention when someone works on my computer because I want to learn all that I can. I am also looking to take some more computer classes through the library or college. It just depends on which one I can work into my time frame. Thanks Donna for the help. Now what do I do the spell check still does not work? What do I have to change now? I just assumed that if I downloaded Google Chrome things would automaticaly work. Wrong asumption on my part. They system is still asking me to install iespell.

Now what do I do the spell check still does not work? What do I have to change now? I just assumed that if I downloaded Google Chrome things would automaticaly work.
    Your new Google Chrome web browser tool bar (at the top) has a "wrench" image on the far right top. The wrench is where the Tools are for your settings.

Click on the wrench, click HELP, and type in the search line the phrase "spellcheck". Then follow the search results to make sure your spellcheck is turned ON in your Google Browser.

Then as you start typing your comments when authoring a Post or Topic, misspelled words will begin to show a red underline. Place your mouse over the misspelled word, and RIGHT-CLICK for choosing the correct word.

Begin using the GO ADVANCE option when posting in the forums instead of the QUICK REPLY. The Go Advance gives you the PREVIEW option to make sure you are about to post something correct.

They system is still asking me to install iespell.
    Iespell is ONLY for Internet Explorer or Firefox browsers, and NOT Google Chrome.

Cynthia Ford
    Administrator - IPIU
    ----------

OK lets check this out. Cynthia you rock. It is working like a gem. Thank you all so much for all of your help in getting this up and running.