Thread: Email Help!...

Jennifer Gathright--Dup is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2010 - 2015 Professional Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Email Help!...

How do I set my email up so that I can choose my IPIU email for outgoing messages, like to apply for assignements. Thanks, Jen

Re: Email Help!...

Jennifer,

Call me at: 1-800-548-1526.

Thanks,

John Sanderson is offline Lifetime Member

Corporate Agency Member of:

I use Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 7. I use each one for a different purpose, such as Firefox for TFI business. Each browser has a custom short-cut bar tailored to the purpose of each browser.

The reason I am posting here is Firefox appears to be incompatible with windows live e-mail now. When I try to get into my e-mail, I receive a message that says:

Is anyone else using Firefox having issues with their Windows Live e-mail? This has been going on for about a week now. I tried logging into my e-mail using Google Chrome and IE7 without issues. I also tried going directly to hotmail.com and msn.com to access the log-in page to no avail.
    John Sanderson

Task Force Investigations
    Logistics Department

Liz Mason - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member
    Sponsored by:
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Re: Email Help!...

Dear John,

Wow, that is something, because I personally only use Mozilla Firefox and do not find any problems. In fact I have just set up a new account, using MF and still no problems.

I do not understand why you are having such problems, unless you happen to have some setting in your settings that is preventing you from gaining access.

Sorry I cannot be of more help, perhaps someone else will be able to guide you.

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:

Quote Originally Posted by John Sanderson View Post
    Firefox appears to be incompatible with windows live e-mail now. When I try to get into my e-mail, I receive a message that says:

Is anyone else using Firefox having issues with their Windows Live e-mail? This has been going on for about a week now. I tried logging into my e-mail using Google Chrome and IE7 without issues. I also tried going directly to hotmail.com and msn.com to access the log-in page to no avail.
    My Firefox works okay with my live.com account.

Make sure you have the latest version of Firefox. Click on the Firefox toolbar item titled Help, and choose About Firefox.

My version is: 3.6.13

Remember to go to www.live.com, and type in the full email address of your live account (your.name@live.com)
    David Copeland
    Administrator
    Private Investigators Forums

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

Be careful updating Firefox. I have 3.6.13 and now I get a Quicktime Error when I use my Sirius Player.

Liz Mason - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member
    Sponsored by:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Opperman View Post
    Be careful updating Firefox. I have 3.6.13 and now I get a Quicktime Error when I use my Sirius Player.
    Hi Ed,

I too have Firefox 3.6.13 and to tell you the truth, I had to look up what the Sirius Player was. Now that I know, well I simply do not use it and did not know as you see what it was. I am one who does not listen to streaming audio, but rather to my own CD's or DVD's for music. In fact I removed Quicktime from my laptop.

So unfortunately, I cannot tell you how to resolved the problem, since I have not had one so far.

Thanks for the warning just in case I or anyone else happens to discover the problem later.

Have a great day,
    Liz

It's a known issue. If you Google it the solution seems to be to go back to the older version of firefox.

John Sanderson is offline Lifetime Member

Corporate Agency Member of:

Thank-you everyone for your time and assistance. I had decided to finally take the advice of the IPIU admins and just switch to using Google Chrome exclusively for my general every day business. I just wish I had done it sooner.