Thread: Paladin Investigations: Ed Magedson and The Rip Off Report

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Paladin Investigations: Ed Magedson and The Rip Off Report

Paladin Investigations: Ed Magedson and The Rip Off Report

John Sanderson is offline Lifetime Member

Corporate Agency Member of:

Re: Paladin Investigations: Ed Magedson and The Rip Off Report

David,

Thank-you for sharing this video with us. I happen to know the owner of the Rip Off Report web site, as named in the title of the video above is wanted in reference to numerous charges (felonious and misdemeanor) and civil suits. I think it might be worthy of your time to open a thread in the level 4 area of this site, with details if available, as to how other investigators can get involved in bringing this fraud to justice.

I personally, am sickened by the 'business' methods of Mr. Magdeson. I would love to devote some of my time to locating this man and bringing him to justice, as well as shutting down his site and practices. Furthermore, I think, any site on the internet which allows people to post anonymous complaints should re-think their means for claiming they have accurate information on businesses. I for one hold no value to claims by anonymous persons.

Why don't I value the claims and complaints of anonymous persons? Because there is no-one to contact to verify the story and that it has not been tainted or edited by someone having control over what is posted on a certain web-site, in a report.

Simply put, after investigating the Rip Off Report web site (for myself) and the charges against the owner and the fact he ran when he learned of the charges against him (TO ANOTHER COUNTRY!), as well as the posting on his site for financial support to sustain his lost civil suits:

THIS MAN NEEDS TO BE IN PRISON!

I cannot stand to see the public and businesses of our nation taken hostage by half witted, lame brained schemes such as this!
    John Sanderson

Task Force Investigations
    Logistics Department

Tina Davenport is offline **
    Licensed Fugitive Recovery Agent

Member of:

I thought it was a very good video. There is so many people out there that would and knows how to go in and change things on the internet. Half of the public has complaints out there for review and the complaint departments have no way of knowing. Now I wonder if this is going on all over the world. These people whom perform this type of behavior needs to be stopped. We as consumers have the right to have anything investigated, and the people that is changing the words or the delete button needs to have a foot up somewhere. Thanks for putting this on here for us to view.

Karl Kennedy is offline **
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:

As A professional I do not believe most of what I hear and only 1/3rd of what I read. I feel its better to use all resources avalible to verify something I am not sure of.

John Brewington is offline Licensed Private Investigator

Member of Private Investigators Forum
    Sponsored by International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

As an investigator that does hundreds of cases a year I have come to expect that my word is not enough. I have to have supporting evidence to back up what I have found.

I am the one that conducted the interview. In fairness, Ed Magedson complained that the video was rehersed, planned and had several takes to get it right. He claimed this is a post about me on Ripoff Report.

The young woman in the video was a client of Ripoff Reports attorney Maria Crimi Speth who felt it was important to put her own client up for deposition after calling her a liar.

What came out is that she confirmed this interview was one take. No preparation, no practice. I had never met either party before that interview and did not know the father would be there and had no idea what either would say. Both parties confirm the story.

The video has a codec in it, a time date stamp to show no stops, except one.

What was said has been supported by statements from others that are not known by these parties.

Ripoff Report sued me and filed an injunction to get the video removed. They lost. The law suit was also dismissed completely finding no merit to any of their claims.

The man in the video complained that he was threatened by Ripoff Report PIs to change his story.

There is alot more going on than I have revealed.

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

Fascinating reply, John. Thank you very much!

Remember, John, to complete Instruction #2 and #3 in the following newcomers link:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34267

Donna

Donna Reagan
    Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

Thank you Donna. I might find it interesting that in one of the 17 hours of deposition I have endured with Ripoff Report, they asked about this forum and the postings ownership.

John Sanderson is offline Lifetime Member

Corporate Agency Member of:

Mr. Brewington,

To the best of your knowledge, have there been any updates to the cases or the search for the Ed?

Could you possibly suggest ways for the thousands of fraternal members of the IPIU to get involved?

I know exactly where he is. His address is pretty much public at this point if you look around. I don't want to play a part in getting his guy killed, harmed or terrorized.

IPIU member? I suggest everyone find a more productive way of spending time. There will be a story, book, article that comes out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by John Brewington View Post
    they asked about this forum and the postings ownership.
    The officers of IPIU are of public record on our Contact IPIU page.

We are also a Member of the Better Business Bureau, with the highest rating they award. We are also the only private investigator association who adheres the BBB standards as a Member-in-Good-Standing.

However, IPIU has never authored any posting regarding his company. We only allow web links to other web sites, such as Fox News and Youtube.

So if they have a problem with a video that is linked on our web site, they should be contacting Fox News and Youtube.

However, the US Congress passed an internet protection bill back in the 1990's that offers relief to those who have an online discussion web site, citing freedom of speech. His company has used the same defense to hold off all of the lawsuits against him. Therefore, I doubt he can change the federal law to suit him and not any other web site which discusses his business practices.

As for encouraging IPIU members to locate him, we would prohibit the posting of any personal contact information on our site. The policy is stated in our Code of Ethics & Forum Rules .

Nevertheless, there was an internet site offering a $25,000 Reward for his whereabouts, of which IPIU members and private investigators worldwide had an interest in. I believe the reward has since expired (probably because the plaintiff in one of the cases now has the information).
    Legal Affairs comments are not intended to be and should absolutely not be taken as legal advice. If you should require legal, tax, or financial advice, you must first enter into a written agreement with only a licensed professional for legal, tax, or financial services, signed by both you and the licensed professional, and paid a retainer in good funds. Legal Affairs is not, nor intends to be, nor solicits to be your licensed professional. Members accessing comments by Legal Affairs are required to be bound by their Terms of Use Agreement regarding Legal Affairs.

With the moderatros permission I submit another video. I have noticed that some just do not have the facts about Rip Off Report and Ed Magedson. The video has disturbing language, view with care.