View Poll Results: Repeal the Health Bill, or Keep it?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • REPEAL THE HEALTH BILL! Then rethink it according to what the American People Want.

7 70.00%
  • KEEP THE HEALTH BILL.

2 20.00%
  • Other Vote (Post your comment)

1 10.00%

Thread: POLL - Repeal the Health Bill, or Keep it?

Michael Newman is offline Licensed Private Investigator
    Certified

Corporate Agency Associate Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

POLL - Repeal the Health Bill, or Keep it?

""We did not fear our future," Obama said. "We shaped it."

Question: Shaped the future to what?

POLL:
    Elections are in November, just 8 months away. News reports are showing that groups on both sides are getting together to "throw the bums out of office", elect new congress men and women who will represent the voters - and then REPEAL THE HEALTH BILL.

Where do you stand?

(To vote, look near the top of this topic for the vote button for those who are logged in)

John Sanderson is offline Lifetime Member

Corporate Agency Member of:

Re: POLL - Repeal the Health Bill, or Keep it?

If we do away with the health care bill, they'll find something else to waste the money on, at least this is useful. The more money they spend, the more money they get.

An example of stupid legislature, Baltimore is requiring businesses to register and pay fees if they want to continue supplying plastic bags to customers for their goods. Another regulation, another branch of government formed, more money wasted on something stupid.

My opinion is, if this actually helps people who can't afford health care, I'm for it. At least we're investing in ourselves. Perhaps some of the money we send to other countries who hate us could be redirected to improving the economy.

Although I wasn't alive back then, what happened to large companies taking care of their employees and providing benefits in appreciation for their employees service. Now you need a union (no pun intended) to get a fair shake.
    John Sanderson

Task Force Investigations
    Logistics Department

In addition,

Was the timing really bad? Granted, we were in a recession. But in the recession, how many people were out of work? How many of those people were able to pay to keep their insurance?

Jeffrey Barbieri - is offline ***
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:

We need to repeal this health care bill. The Obama administration and Congress should have to swallow what they are trying to sell us. The simple fact is, if they don't have to abid by it, then why should the people be forced to accept it? Plus the fact that no one has read the entire health care bill and yet they are willing to vote on it? Something just doesn't seem right or fair about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Barbieri View Post
    ...Plus the fact that no one has read the entire health care bill and yet they are willing to vote on it?...
    Touche. I commented on what I have learned, but no, I have not read the entire bill. Do you have a link?

To read the Healthcare Bill:
    http://housedocs.house.gov/rules/health/111_ahcaa.pdf

Take note in Section 330: Members of Congress "may" enroll but it doesn't force them too as it does the rest of us.

The promise of health care reform has been that if you like your current coverage, you can keep it. The concern is this proposal will break this promise by increasing health care costs for families and employers across the country and significantly disrupting the quality coverage on which millions of Americans rely today.

Estimates show that a government-run plan would cause millions of people to lose their current coverage. Moreover, massive Medicare Advantage cuts would cause millions of seniors to lose their Medicare Advantage coverage altogether, while millions more would face benefit cuts and higher out-of-pocket costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Barbieri View Post
    To read the Healthcare Bill:
    http://housedocs.house.gov/rules/health/111_ahcaa.pdf

Take note in Section 330: Members of Congress "may" enroll but it doesn't force them too as it does the rest of us.

The promise of health care reform has been that if you like your current coverage, you can keep it. The concern is this proposal will break this promise by increasing health care costs for families and employers across the country and significantly disrupting the quality coverage on which millions of Americans rely today.

Estimates show that a government-run plan would cause millions of people to lose their current coverage. Moreover, massive Medicare Advantage cuts would cause millions of seniors to lose their Medicare Advantage coverage altogether, while millions more would face benefit cuts and higher out-of-pocket costs.
    Thank-you. I will carefully review the link before I return.

John Calderon is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

I was passing by and I wanted to add a thought in the conversation..
    This quote is an opinion.

The FACTS are:
    Insurers Will No Longer Be Able To

• Deny coverage to kids with pre-existing conditions. Health plans cannot limit or deny benefits or deny coverage for a child younger than age 19 simply because the child has a pre-existing condition like asthma.
    • Put lifetime limits on benefits. Health plans can no longer put a lifetime dollar limit on the benefits of people with costly conditions like cancer
    • Cancel your policy without proving fraud. Health plans can’t retroactively cancel insurance coverage – often at the time you need it most - solely because you or your employer made an honest mistake on your insurance application.
    • Deny claims without a chance for appeal. In new health plans, you now have the right to demand that your health plan reconsider a decision to deny payment for a test or treatment. That also includes an external appeal to an independent reviewer.

Consumers in New Health Plans Will Be Able to:

• Receive cost-free preventive services. New health plans must give you access to recommended preventive services such as screenings, vaccinations and counseling without any out-of-pocket costs to you.
    • Keep young adults on a parent’s plan until age 26. If your health plan covers children, you can now most likely add or keep your children on your health insurance policy until they turn 26 years old if they don’t have coverage on the job.
    • Choose a primary care doctor, ob/gyn and pediatrician. New health plans must let you choose the primary care doctor or pediatrician you want from your health plan’s provider network and let you see an OB-GYN doctor without needing a referral from another doctor.
    • Use the nearest emergency room without penalty. New health plans can’t require you to get prior approval before seeking emergency room services from a provider or hospital outside your plan’s network – and they can’t require higher copayments or co-insurance for out-of-network emergency room services.

http://www.healthcare.gov/news/facts.../overview.html

massive Medicare Advantage cuts would cause millions of seniors to lose their Medicare Advantage coverage altogether, while millions more would face benefit cuts and higher out-of-pocket costs.
    This is also an opinion.

The Facts are:

Top Things to Know for Seniors
    Under the health care law, your existing guaranteed Medicare-covered benefits won’t be reduced or taken away. Neither will your ability to
    choose your own doctor

• Nearly 4 million people with Medicare received cost reliefduring the law's first year. If you had Medicare prescription drug coverage and had to pay for your drugs in the coverage gap known as the "donut hole," you received a one-time, tax free $250 rebate from Medicare to help pay for your prescriptions.
    • If you have high prescription drug costs that put you in the donut hole, you now get a 50% discount on covered brand-name drugs while you’re in the donut hole. Between today and 2020, you’ll get continuous Medicare coverage for your prescription drugs. The donut hole will be closed completely by 2020.
    • Medicare covers certain preventive services without charging you the Part B coinsurance or deductible. You will also be offered a free annual wellness exam.
    • The life of the Medicare Trust Fund will be extended as a result of reducing waste, fraud and abuse, and slowing cost growth in Medicare, which will provide you with future cost savings on your premiums and coinsurance.

http://www.healthcare.gov/news/facts...8/seniors.html

I urge my brothers and sisters here in IPIU, to make and informed decision when deciding about the affordable health care act, the facts are that if they repeal the act millions of our children will lose the coverage that can now have on their parents plan, and many millions more with pre existing conditions will have no coverage at all.

Though I agree we have the greatest health care in the world, what does that mean if you have a preexisting condition?

I am IMPRESSED, John, that you have learned the forum software tools of bullets, indents, embedding, hyperlinks, and so forth. Perhaps you can apply to become a moderator!

All my best,

Robert
    Robert Donovan
    Director - Agent Relations
    Sr. Director - IPIU Ethics Board

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

Angry Re: POLL - Repeal the Health Bill, or Keep it?

I think what still gets me is how they (the government) can force everyone to have health care and then fine them for not having it. And don't get me started on the UN Gun Treaty that is being voted on right now.
    The beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed...until they try to take it.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/07...est=latestnews

John Calderon is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Jeffrey,

This thread was a question about the health care bill, the U.N. Gun Treaty is a different subject.

(Just for the record I am a Progressive who owns a gun and just FYI, if anyone comes to take my gun,
    well lets just say we will have alot in common)

David Woods is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

ok in the obama care bill 000 they call it they say that you have to get your own health care insurance if you dont then they will tax you a percentage of some sort which in all reality is a fine for not haveing it well you know in the origanal plan tit was stated that you would be put in jail if you didnt get health care now they are in all reality fineing us well congress threw the origanal bill out saying it was unconstitutional and a violation of our rights
    my question is how is fineing us for not haveing it any diffrent i still think they are violateing our rights and it is unconstitutional for them to fine us for not haveing insurance
    the reason i say this is look how many unemployed people there is in the united states that can not even pay thier bills right now and the goverment is not offering them any help at all but infact makeing things worse for them

good example of this is i am disabled curently applying for ssi was getting 200 a month from the state of pennsylvania as of now they cut that program out of the budget and no one gets cash assistance no more now they will raise the homeless rate in this state cause people like me counted on that money to pay my bills im fortanate enough i can borrow money every month but i no longer have proof of income to go for public houseing oh well but not everyone is as lucky as me and can find resources to compensate that so i have a feeling there will be alot more homeless people in pennsylvania when those bills come due and they cant pay thier rent now they are makeing it so we need to buy insurance or get fined to me that seems like more money out of pocet so how is that helping the poor people all i see that doing is lining the rich peoples pockets

just my thoughts on it all