I was passing by and I wanted to add a thought in the conversation..
This quote is an opinion.
The promise of health care reform has been that if you like your current coverage, you can keep it. The concern is this proposal will break this promise by increasing health care costs for families and employers across the country and significantly disrupting the quality coverage on which millions of Americans rely today.
The FACTS are:
Insurers Will No Longer Be Able To
- Deny coverage to kids with pre-existing conditions. Health plans cannot limit or deny benefits or deny coverage for a child younger than age 19 simply because the child has a pre-existing condition like asthma.
- Put lifetime limits on benefits. Health plans can no longer put a lifetime dollar limit on the benefits of people with costly conditions like cancer
- Cancel your policy without proving fraud. Health plans canít retroactively cancel insurance coverage Ė often at the time you need it most - solely because you or your employer made an honest mistake on your insurance application.
- Deny claims without a chance for appeal. In new health plans, you now have the right to demand that your health plan reconsider a decision to deny payment for a test or treatment. That also includes an external appeal to an independent reviewer.
Consumers in New Health Plans Will Be Able to:
- Receive cost-free preventive services. New health plans must give you access to recommended preventive services such as screenings, vaccinations and counseling without any out-of-pocket costs to you.
- Keep young adults on a parentís plan until age 26. If your health plan covers children, you can now most likely add or keep your children on your health insurance policy until they turn 26 years old if they donít have coverage on the job.
- Choose a primary care doctor, ob/gyn and pediatrician. New health plans must let you choose the primary care doctor or pediatrician you want from your health planís provider network and let you see an OB-GYN doctor without needing a referral from another doctor.
- Use the nearest emergency room without penalty. New health plans canít require you to get prior approval before seeking emergency room services from a provider or hospital outside your planís network Ė and they canít require higher copayments or co-insurance for out-of-network emergency room services.
This is also an opinion.
massive Medicare Advantage cuts would cause millions of seniors to lose their Medicare Advantage coverage altogether, while millions more would face benefit cuts and higher out-of-pocket costs.
The Facts are:
Top Things to Know for Seniors
Under the health care law, your existing guaranteed Medicare-covered benefits wonít be reduced or taken away. Neither will your ability to choose your own doctor
- Nearly 4 million people with Medicare received cost reliefduring the law's first year. If you had Medicare prescription drug coverage and had to pay for your drugs in the coverage gap known as the "donut hole," you received a one-time, tax free $250 rebate from Medicare to help pay for your prescriptions.
- If you have high prescription drug costs that put you in the donut hole, you now get a 50% discount on covered brand-name drugs while youíre in the donut hole. Between today and 2020, youíll get continuous Medicare coverage for your prescription drugs. The donut hole will be closed completely by 2020.
- Medicare covers certain preventive services without charging you the Part B coinsurance or deductible. You will also be offered a free annual wellness exam.
- The life of the Medicare Trust Fund will be extended as a result of reducing waste, fraud and abuse, and slowing cost growth in Medicare, which will provide you with future cost savings on your premiums and coinsurance.
I urge my brothers and sisters here in IPIU, to make and informed decision when deciding about the affordable health care act, the facts are that if they repeal the act millions of our children will lose the coverage that can now have on their parents plan, and many millions more with pre existing conditions will have no coverage at all.
Though I agree we have the greatest health care in the world, what does that mean if you have a preexisting condition?