Thread: WATCH your receipts at WalMart!

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

WATCH your receipts at WalMart!

YES! THIS IS TRUE! It happened at Wal-Mart (Supercenter Store #1279, 10411 N Freeway 45, Houston , TX 77037 ) a month ago.

A customer says she bought a bunch of stuff, over $150

"I glanced at my receipt as the cashier was handing me the bags. I saw a cash-back of $40. I told her I didn't request a cash back & to delete it. She said I'd have to take the $40 because she couldn't delete it. I told her to call a supervisor. Supervisor came & said I'd have to take it. I said NO! Taking the $40 would be a cash advance against my Discover card & I wasn't paying interest on a cash advance!!!!! If they couldn't delete it then they would have to delete the whole order. So the supervisor had the cashier delete the whole order & re-scan everything!

"The second time I looked at the electronic pad before I signed & a cash-back of $20 popped up. At that point I told the cashier & she deleted it. The total came out right. The cashier agreed that the electronic pad must be defective.

"Obviously the cashier knew the electronic pad was defective because she NEVER offered me the $40 at the beginning. Can you imagine how many people went through before me & at the end of her shift how much money she pocketed?"

Re: WATCH your receipts at WalMart!

Thanks for the heads up. Absolutly the cashier knew. I was one for 13+ years and nothing goes on at a register thar the cashier is not aware of, especially when it comes time take to cash out & count your money.

Liz Mason - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member
    Sponsored by:
    Blog Entries

This happens at a lot of places, but one just has to clearly watch their till receipts and know what you are buying before you sign anything. The problem is so many people are so busy with other things like the kids, or on the phone or simply in a rush and just never look.

I live by the philosophy of Stop, Look, Listen Read and Pay Attention to what is happening at the time.

Natasha Toussaint is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:

That is scary... well that means that people really need to pay attention big time to things like this.. Thanks for the information.

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:

David,

One case is enough to cause all of us to be more careful everywhere.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718