Thread: Re: Why do You want to be a Private Investigator?

Ralph Bongivonni is offline Private Investigator
    Licensed Corporate PI Agency Owner

Professional Management Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Re: Why do You want to be a Private Investigator?

Why do I want to be a Private Investigator?

Because I am a natural at it. I am a person who believes there is an answer to everything. This job forces me to prove it. I love figuring out problems and finding solutions to things.

I started working for free many years ago with a truly wonderful gentleman who allowed me to get my foot in the door. By working for free, I managed to get experience and he managed to get extra work done at no cost to him.

A portion of jobs his firm took on were adoption searches. Family members looking for their parents, their kids, relatives and a variety of other relatable searches.

After six months of being with him, I was brought on as a paid employee and therefore licensed underneath him. Regrettably, my friend and mentor passed away three months after giving me my job.

It was at this time I started my own business. My company name is an acronym for three kids I adopted of my own. I took what knowledge I had, what knowledge I was giving and my interest and desire to move forward.

Not a day goes by that I do not find a way of learning something new and improving. I am content in this field and I do not push too hard to make it happen.

Sometimes taking your time really is all that is necessary.

I thank the IPIU for allowing me yet another avenue of moving forward in the investigation field.

Liz Mason - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member
    Sponsored by:
    Blog Entries

Hi Ralph,

That seems to be the sentiment we all feel once we have decided to get involved in this field. I have done many things in my lifetime and the most rewarding I have found is the PI studies and work. I thought I knew a thing or two before the studies, but I found out quickly, I knew nothing really or the things I did know were all jumbled, after my training and working on cases, it became clear that no matter what you think you do know, there is always a whole lot more that you don't and will learn. It would have been nice to have had a mentor to take me under their wings way back then, but things were not meant to happen that way for me, so I forged ahead. You are fortunate and I am proud of you without even knowing you personally.

Private Investigating is a deep desire I have had for years & years. I have always been very intuative, and questioning. I look at things from different angles, my teachers in college said it was a gift. I like to figure out things, work different pieces of a problem to complete the puzzle. It is gratifing to right wrongs & to get paid for something I enjoy is icing on the cake.

Ralph Bongivonni is offline Private Investigator
    Licensed Corporate PI Agency Owner

Hi Liz.

Welcome to the forums and thank you so much for your kind words.

This occupation is one of intrigue, but mostly disappointment. There are very many reasons to be excited to work in this field, but nonetheless, it does require a great deal of effort to maintain. I agree that the knowledge needed is never ending, alongside with having to be sure you operate legally without stepping on the wrong side of the line. It can be frustrating and non profitable many times. However, when you truly apply yourself to find a pattern of success that works for you, it can be more rewarding than you ever thought possible. That's what keeps my ambition and desire alive in this field.

I wish I was given more time underneath a mentor of my own. For just about the entire time I have had my business, I was forced to adapt and learn on my own. I am not completely disappointed given the fact that I have been able to cut my own path the way I choose instead of a standard set by someone else.

Over the years, I have tried to assist several up and coming investigators prosper from this job. I find it rewarding to try and give to others what it was I needed so desperately for myself. I offer to do the same for you. You don't have to know me personally in order to get assistance of any kind from me. I would be more than willing to guide you the best I can with what has worked for me thus far. Please feel free to contact me directly via the info. off of my website. Stay determined, focused and honest..the rest will be just plain enjoyable.

Danny Guda is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

I have the same plan, dreams, and drive.
    I am willing to do anything to get my foot to that door entrance.. well I did...in Texas most of my experience ..been in California and seattle.... I love everything in this field ...I love to help people in need and I love to achieve to the highest just like you all here with IPIU..

take care you all and safety first,
    dannyguda

- - - Updated - - -

I apologize,,,i have an addition to my post....Even with that experience, I feel and I know I need a professional ally with me and so that I can be like many of you ...no option for failures...

love it every time I read posts,
    take care again to you all and safety first and then get paid...

dannyguda

Why do You want to be a Private Investigator?

I want to be a PI because it drives me to be me. Being able to solve problems and potentially do something good for a good cause pushes me more and more to become better at being a PI. Being able to push my self to solve problems and continue to push myself farther and farther to help people is what drives me

I hope and cant wait to see what IPIU has to offer me in the future.