Thread: They used to laugh at me too. Thanks to IPIU and people who dont give up on dreamers like me.

Mark Messare - is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Corporate Agency Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

They used to laugh at me too. Thanks to IPIU and people who dont give up on dreamers like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Greiner View Post
    I want to drop by and say HI to everyone and say Thanks to IPIU and also to the Friends on here that encouraged me to Join IPIU and stick to the PI field.

Now I am 25 and started my own firm - yeah - I run it out of my home, but it's something to look at and say - "hey you did it, you fulfilled your dreams of becoming PI."

At first it was rough and I thought I wasn't going to make it but somehow I stuck through it - yeah, had doors slammed in my face and got hung up on by other firms - but you know what? It just made me want to do it more, so I keep on going and never stop.

I am working under two of the biggest Integrity Investigation firms (Mystery Shopping companies), and last week they offered me to take over the assignments for them in my Area and I gladly told them yes - and couldn't believe it. And after I hung up I couldn't help myself - I just started to almost cry, it was worth the wait and getting put down by others saying you're not going to make it or you can't do it.

I had a family member also told me at one time to get a real job and there was no future in the road I was taking. But I just saw this person last week and she asked, "Are you still doing your stupid PI work that’s not getting you anywhere?"

I couldn't help myself but to break out with the biggest laugh and said, "Honey, I want to thank you for telling me I wasn't going to make it and I want to show you something." I pulled out a CHECK that was written by a client of mine and said, "Now, come again?" and all she said was, "well um" and I said "That’s what I thought!" and took my check back and said thank you, and walked away.

Well, I just wanted to drop by and say Hi. I've been so busy lately I haven’t had time to get on the forum for a while.

Thanks my friends!
    I love this story and this thread. I have had the experience similar to richard where I ignore the negative comments and trust God to finish in me what he has began. When I began to dream about Private Law Enforcement I was a martial arts student and I had others tell me I would never become anything with my kungfu 0000. I now own a Martial arts studio in NY.

Next, my brother and I began to get a vision for our company and learn about private investigation and again people said we wouldnt be able to be successful. We signed up to take a bail enforcement certification in 2003, incorporated and then found out that we couldnt do anything in NY without a PI's license and we couldnt get that without 20 years of law enforcement or 3 years of FT investigation in NY.

Then the rumors about what I was trying to do got around at my hospital security job and I got put on 1 week suspension without pay. My wife thought I was crazy too and because I ended up losing my job we split up and I was in a tight spot.

Five years later I can say that God has truly fulfilled what he promised me, just like the Joseph story in the Bible. After two years of separation me and my wife and 3 kids are together again. I work as a NYS Peace officer at a military base and now have just gotten sponsored by a PI firm that has agencies in 3 states.

I decided Id take the PI test in NY just for laughs and I passed that too. I can only say thanks to organizations like IPIU and people who dont give up on dreamers like me.

Thanks

Mark.

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:

Re: They used to laugh at me too. Thanks to IPIU and people who dont give up on dreamers like me.

You are going on six years with us here, Mark, and we are delighted to see you have never waivered from accomplishing your desires.

David

Re: They used to laugh at me too. Thanks to IPIU and people who dont give up on dreamers like me.

Thanks David,

I recently took the NYS PI test and passed it. I think its time for me to move the the next level. Im going to incorporate in Colorado and then try to get 3rd party verification to get the NYS license too. I didnt think Id ever get to this point but wow, here it is.. My goal is to continue to help build this organization like IPIU which gives everyone who wants in a chance to be a part of the club we call Private Law Enforcement.

Mark

www.privatelawenforcement.com

Ian MacKersie is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2009 to 2010 Member of:

Mark,
    I've been told I wouldn't amount to anything other than a lifetime Army man. I've done 4 years in the military so far, held a 2 year job in the armored car industry, hold a CCW in Michigan, and have finally found my way back to the IPIU forums. I'm going to be getting my membership within the next 2 months, and hopefully I'll be able to start showing that I will amount to something more. You truely are an inspiration to all.

Jennifer Smith is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Congrats Mark!
    I know the feeling!! I worried if I would ever be able to make a living as a PI when I first got started. But I kept checking the job boards and forums and slowly but surely it became a nice little PT income, then I took the plunge! And what can I say- I LOVE YOU IPIU!!! I NEVER could have done it without all the fabulous support from the IPIU staff and members! I am now a licensed PI in OH and have more work than I can handle!! I am opening my agency, and will have to start hiring soon! Even better, I'm making AT LEAST 3x what I made at my other job, and they just layed off a ton of people. My business is booming, I control when and where I work, and I LOVE MY CAREER!! So to anyone else out there struggling and wondering if it's worth it or if you can make it, the answer is YES!! Just perservere, believe in yourself, and smile at all the ney sayers- Because the joke will be on them!

Good luck and God bless to all my IPIU brothers and sisters!
    Jennifer Smith
    The Last Precinct Investigations

Ohio License#200811086004
    www.LastPrecinct.com

jennifer.smith@pi-agency.us

Jennifer:

You're a great encouragement!!! I cant wait to be where you are. Not only to make it myself but to bring others into the career field with me. I was just talking to someone today and its so hard to get into this business because who wants to train the competition? I too am so grateful for IPIU. If you ever need anything in NY dont hesitate to call.

Mark.

Raul Lopez-- is offline *** Certified SPI
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:

I love these uplifting stories on conquering adversity. Keep ON GOING!

Re: They used to laugh at me too. Thanks to IPIU and people who dont give up on dream

yes Raul that was a great encouraging story. Thanks for bringing it up to the top.

Jennifer Smith is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Messare View Post
    Jennifer:

You're a great encouragement!!! I cant wait to be where you are. Not only to make it myself but to bring others into the career field with me. I was just talking to someone today and its so hard to get into this business because who wants to train the competition? I too am so grateful for IPIU. If you ever need anything in NY dont hesitate to call.

Mark.
    Thanks Mark! I may be calling on you sooner than you think! That's the great thing about IPIU, we have our own support and networking system to grow our careers and our union bretheren!
    Jennifer Smith
    The Last Precinct Investigations

Ohio License#200811086004
    www.LastPrecinct.com

jennifer.smith@pi-agency.us

Carol S Schwab - is offline (E)
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:

Hi Jennifer and Mark,
    I'm just starting out and have a pirate job this weekend.
    I am learning alot and love your stories.
    Thanks for the encouragement.
    Carol S Schwab

Peter Quinones-- is offline Corporate Agency Owner
    Private Investigators Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:

Wow, you know when someone has doubts, when someone wants to question the support of IPIU and its members, all they have to do is read these short but inspiring stories. Thank you all for pushing forward and giving everyone a touch of your motivation and inspiration.

Liz Mason - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member
    Sponsored by:
    Blog Entries

You know the ones who say you can't do this or that or you need to get a real job and all the other remedial blabbering have no idea what it's like to get the PI Blood. Once it is in your system, there is no turning back and getting rid of it. I would have it no other way myself. It's fun, hard work, long hours, and so much more rewarding than anything else I can even begin to think of. Let them all say and think what they want, we in the profession know the secret.

Love the success stories. They are encouraguing & make me more determined than ever to hang in there & keep trying & pushing. As long as we do not give up failure is not an option. Thanks everyone for all youe encouraging words on this & evey forum.