Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Privately Messaging or emailing Forum Members?

The Key

The key to understanding is reading the different forums, which I am understanding with each and everyday I logon.

The question that I had was again answered by reading within this forum.

Thanks.
    Alfonso Pelote, Case Examiner Badge # 7092

Well, it sounds like things are really happening for IPIU and their new and improved software. Yes it would be nice to send and reply to others, like instant messaging, however when I am on a specific thread, I rarely see any body else on there besides me, I have always regarded that as unusual. For as many members that IPIU has, it seems you would be sharing a thread with some one else. Perhaps that will change when this other phase is installed, mainly I just wanted to ask B. Ann Craig if she could completely delete that thread, I opened and used my email address, and she had to edit those items. That was a classic example of not reading carefully and being to over rambunctious. So B. Ann could you delete that thread, Ready for Assignment, by Carl Isenhour, thanks.

I shall leave no stone unturned.
    Carl R. Isenhour, (I shall leave no stone unturned)

Flora Porter is offline * Certified SPI
    Distinguished Member of Private Investigators Forum

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Brown
    There are those who have written and said they would like to talk with one another. Maybe there can be a release form to ask the other member for permission to release thier email address. If I add someone to the buddy list I would think I can contact them. If I can not why have the buddy list?

Another suggestion could be to start a IPIU link (such as a email/newsgroup/listgroup) outside of IPIU.org in which members who would not mind the advertisements can network or it can be moderated so their is no spam to the group.
    In this way members can see each others email address or privately email each other or email the group as a whole.

Michelle Brown
    I totally agree with you.

Flora

Petra Post - is offline Retired Administrator
    ***** Certified SPI

Former Insignio Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    I have NO time for PM's... lol... I am trying to read all I can, and I keep seeing repeat posts from fellow PI trainees just like me. I have already learned to go back as far as the beginning of the threads, so I see what is going on first. I know that sometimes they started years ago but it makes sense and answered some of the questions I had (so I didn't have to ask them again). Do the same and be patient. It will come to us before we know it. They are working on improvements all the time. Keep up the great work ad's and mod's. Thank you all.

I am impressed, they are all well thought out, valid reason. I agree.

Julie Mercer

This is a very informative link. I'll refer to it when needed. Good to understand the "history" of an issue of something like this.

Another awesome thread with great information, With all the information on this forum, I don't know why PM'ing would be necessary except to further friendships and business relationships, etc. I would imagine there's an avenue for sharing personal email addresses or IM addresses on Level 4, then folks can do it on their own time rather than through the forum. I think its a lot to ask of the Union to monitor the PM's. I can't wait to get to Level 4 and find out!

Lori,

Ann confirmed in another thread that neither are available at Level 4.

Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda Templin
    Lori,

Ann confirmed in another thread that neither are available at Level 4.

Brenda
    Sharing of emails was approved a while ago for those who have a web site and are approved.

Read the following:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19427

That is rediculous, I am part of a forum that includes private messaging all the time. It does not put down a huge load on your "software," I apologize for being rude or whatever but you dont realize how much MORE helpful it would be (if you really want us to learn) to learn all of this stuff by talking to each other personally. Helping each other along the way. Especially in our areas.

Joseph

Smile Joyce Earl

David Copeland,

I was reading and you mentioned to Leisl that Level 2 is the pictures and credentials. I already sent in my pictures and fingerprints and I am waiting to get in the mail my credentials. I was sent an e-mail that said I would get it in 2 to 3 weeks from the PIU. Will I automatically become a Level 2? Thanks.

Hello,

I am a very new member, so I hope I am not out of line when I say: After reading through this entire thread, I have noticed that at times it seams as though some have forgotten about the Forum Rules, Code of Ethics and Mission Statement that I believe we all have agreed to abide by. One of which was that you were allowed to have Private Messaging and be able to privately email another member once you reached level 4. What is the point in having all these agreements if we are going to spend countless hours and endless words going back and forth trying to change things so that some will have it the way they want. Just an observation. I apologize in advance if this is out of line.

Sara

Could you elaborate on the chat room issue a bit more. Is there one? Where is it? And who can access it?

Tony

Roni L. Pohl is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2004 to 2005 Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lori A Marshall
    Another awesome thread with great information, With all the information on this forum, I don't know why PM'ing would be necessary except to further friendships and business relationships, etc. I would imagine there's an avenue for sharing personal email addresses or IM addresses on Level 4, then folks can do it on their own time rather than through the forum.
    Thank you Lori and this is exactly the reason I started the thread with my question. I was a brand new member and had been chatting in a forum with another new member, and from posts with him, I thought for sure I had worked with him at a previous agency, but didn't want to ask in the forum because I would have been sharing personal information by asking the questions publically. So I asked about private messaging to see if there was a way I could talk to him without airing personal information on the boards. For me, it was not about taking anything away from the boards, it was simply about furthering a friendship with another member. Thanks for your thoughts.

Roni L. Pohl is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2004 to 2005 Member of:
    oops, I made an error, this was not the thread I started, rather one that I joined. It's been so long since I joined it I couldn't remember.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Julia Ann Stewart
    Administrators are the absolute most trusted and trained people here.

But from Moderator to Sr. Moderator, there is no other forum in the world that has the training we have. And we train never to show an ego when enforcing the rules. We train caring people to be caring moderators.

And still, the moderators at times take the abuse of one or two or three people out of the 14,000 registered members at this site.
    I can't thank the administrators and moderators enough for keeping the IPIU forums so supportive and respectful! I have no time for the disgusting, rude and disrespectful behavior I see on so many other sites. You all do a great job and are very much appreciated.

And now on topic. To chime in on the PM issue...this is not a feature I either miss or feel a particular need for at this time. I imagine those who eventually become good buddies will find a way to share contact info privately. After all, they are all in the private investigator business!

Pam

Thank you all for answering my questions. Once again I just had to scroll down and there was my answer!!!!!

Steven D Mahan - is offline *** Certified SPI
    Sr. Member: Private Investigators Forum

Professional Management Member of:
    when it is possible for the buddy list,could trillian be used on the server

I would like to know how could I acquire Private Messaging?

Thumbs up Another insightful thread

Reading and wandering, wandering and reading, It's been my experience to find Any and All Answers to questions I may have.

Thank you to I.P.I.U. for a great site and a wealth of info and resources here for the finding as long as you practice patience and learn to mine for the
    GOLD!!

Good Luck to Everyone and ...

HAPPY HUNTING!!

WARNING:  This smilie for use by Moderators Only!

Quote Originally Posted by Farrah Esh
    Please help! I have been waiting for assingments. And I have not recieved any.-Thank you-
    Farrah,
    please post in your INTRO Thread as this is not the forum.
    Also please check for Daily assignments in the LOCAL AGENCIES NOW HIRING threads. They are updated Mon.-Fri. after 12pm Eastern time. Hope this helps.

HAPPY HUNTING !!

DJ Moran -- is offline Sr. Moderator:
    (On Leave of Absence)

Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forum

Exclamation RE: Farrah, Please read this

Please help! I have been waiting for assingments. And I have not recieved any.
    -Thank you-

Farrah,

Please go here to see reply from Administration:

http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26943

They have given you the links needed. Hope this helps. "DJ"

Where do I post my intro thread?

Edward Taguba is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forums

Professional Member of:
    Your introduction is locatec here - http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...158#post364158

here you go ...

Here you go Farrah...
    This is you Intro thread. http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...158#post364158
    You may post questions in any appropriate thread or here in your Intro and a Moderator will be along to help you out.

Keep up the good work and postings...... and .....
    Happy Hunting!!

BELOWTHIS IS YOUR INTRO THREAD FARRAH!!
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...158#post364158

I Second what Ed already has....... Love my IPIU Family !!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rossano
    I Second what Ed already has....... Love my IPIU Family !!
    Nice job assisting, Michael!

Did you get this messaging when you purchase your membership???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2