Thread: Executive Protection in CA

Question Executive Protection in CA

Does a PI agency in CA require a PPO license to provide executive security or rather does the individual require a guard card? I know I found the answer before but I just can't recall where the reference is?

I'm going to run off and the check the CA BSIS website. The Complete Idiot's Guide to Private Investigating merely states, "There is a fine line between providing personal protective services and security guard services..."

The way I'm reading it, the PI license is good to go for personal protection services.

Re: Executive Protection in CA

I don't know why I never came back to this thread but since these forums are full of dated threads here we go:

"A PI during the course of investigation may conduct "bodyguarding/EP duties"; whereas, a PI taking on work strictly for those type of duties would require a PPO or guard card IIRC".

Nicely said.

Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Najera View Post
    I don't know why I never came back to this thread but since these forums are full of dated threads here we go:

"A PI during the course of investigation may conduct "bodyguarding/EP duties"; whereas, a PI taking on work strictly for those type of duties would require a PPO or guard card IIRC".
    Disregard the guard card post, conducting security duties outside an investigation requires a Private Patrol Operator (PPO) license.