Thread: Four New York Officers Stripped of Guns

Wardy Landrau - - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2008 Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Post Four New York Officers Stripped of Guns

UPI

Four New York officers accused of sodomizing a suspect with a police radio antenna have been stripped of their guns and badges, officials said.

Alex Cruz, Noel Jugraj, Richard Kern and an unidentified fourth officer also were placed on "modified duty" (desk duty) pending the outcome of the investigation, the New York Daily News reported Monday.

The four officers, from Brooklyn's 71st Precinct, are accused of sodomizing Michael Mineo Oct. 15 on a subway platform in Brooklyn during his arrest for allegedly smoking marijuana, the Daily News reported, noting hospital records indicated Mineo had anal tears, was kicked in the head and stomach and his underwear ripped.

Prosecutors said the hospital records and the discrepancy between Mineo's account and that of several witnesses were grounds for a grand jury investigation, the Daily News said.

The accused officers have not commented on the case.

Wardy Landrau
    Badge#11509

Re: Four New York Officers Stripped of Guns

hmmm. who will watch the watchman?

Richard Moschetti Jr is offline *** Certified
    Licensed Private Investigator, Retired LEO

Professional Member of:

It's physically impossible to do that much damage with a police radio antenna. How could the Police Commissioner believe such trash. Yeah maybe the perp got a beating during the arrest probably because he resisted arrest, what do you think the perp just walks up to the Police puts their hands behind their back and say Officer please arrest me I just killed my wife!!! They run, they fight, they always run and fight and most times they're released at arraignment ROR or very low bail by incompetent Judges. The criminal justice system is so broken that it's a joke. It's a revolving door before they go to trial 1-2 years later they're out robbing and committing more crimes.

Professional Member of:

I've worked NYC Corrections, NYC Police and State Corrections in Florida we as Officers walk a very dangerous fine line everyday between life and death. We have to make a split second decision between life and death and have to live with that decision for the rest of our lives. There's an old saying WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES!!! I've been assaulted and attacked more times than I can count because I wear the uniform, not for who I am but because of the uniform and what it stands for. Someone has to stop the monsters out there raping and killing our children, wives, husbands, parents. Let us do our jobs we took a sworn oath to do.

Professional Member of:

Everybody likes to critisize the Police but no-one wants their jobs. After 23 years in Law Enforcement my body can't take any more abuse. I'm done I'm retiring so I can enjoy me time left with my family. NO MAS FINITO!!!

David Palmer is offline Licensed Private Investigator
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:

I could see him getting a little roughed up while resisting, but the Sodomy on the train platform part I find hard to believe. I would bet $5 that the "tear" in his Anus and Underwear came from somewhere else....

Walter Brown is offline *
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Well I hate to say this but being a former LEA with the 81st pct in brooklyn, I know first hand sometime badd cops lose it... So it's not always the perp: Todays Law men are out of control, most are not all in it for the people....

Just my input: Don't take it to heart...