Thread: My fellow Police Officer informed me that I should purchase IPIU's offical PI badge because the union was pretty well known!

Nelson Ortiz-Bruno - is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Corporate Agency Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Arrow My fellow Police Officer informed me that I should purchase IPIU's offical PI badge because the union was pretty well known!

I am a police officer in ohio and I ran my own PI Agency at one time. I joined IPIU and one day I was showing my ID card to another officer but I had my old PI badge at which time the officer informed me that I should purchase IPIU's offical badge because the company was pretty well known and I should not have any problems. This was back in Jan 2003, this year 2008, I decided to reapply to IPIU and the first thing I did was to order my badge.

I truly believe that if you are a professional when you find that you have to present it, you are not going to have a problem. The idea is to think of yourself as Walt Disney told all his cast, "Always act as if you are on stage." As professionals the minute we come out of our homes we are on stage in the presence of our community.

Re: My fellow Police Officer informed me that I should purchase IPIU's offical PI badge because the union was pretty well known!

Nelson,

Thanks so much for sharing your story! We sometimes never know how our union becomes known around the world, especially by good law enforcement officers - like your colleague.

For others, they can visit our secured website to view the current custom badges and wallets on sale at the following link:

http://www.privateinvestigators.cc/i...f22fea8fc87fa2

Newcomers who join the union (for as little as $99/year) get an additional discount.

For Badge Licensing Laws and how our custom badges can be used lawfully, go to the following link:

http://www.ipiu.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136

All my best,

Robert
    Robert Donovan
    Director - Agent Relations
    Sr. Director - IPIU Ethics Board

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

Re: My fellow Police Officer informed me that I should purchase IPIU's offical PI badge because the union was pretty well known!

Thanks for your story, im going to order my badge.