Thread: Dominic Ferraro joins Private Investigators Forums

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

Dominic Ferraro joins Private Investigators Forums

Dominic V. Ferraro with Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker

Dominic V. Ferraro has joined the Private Investigators Forums. His personal introduction is here: Dominic V. Ferraro Link

For those of you who do not know of Dominic's interesting family history, below is a copy from his home page:

QUOTE:
    "Our family's private investigation and security service heritage begins with my father,
    Thomas E. Ferraro, Jr. My father had served as a highly decorated and recognized Police
    Officer/Detective in the Northwestern Chicagoland Suburb of Niles, Illinois. While serving
    the citizens of Niles, my father also continually indulged his entrepreneurial spirit by starting a
    variety of businesses including an ice cream and sandwich shop, a private airplane company,
    a flower store, and game rooms. In addition to starting and operating his own businesses, he
    also worked as Director of Security for a major department store as well as a major food and
    catering business.

"One night, while reading in bed, my father finished a book written by G. Gordon Liddy and
    decided right then and there that he wanted to start a Private Security Agency with him. My
    father woke my mother up and told her of his plan. Mom was used to him devising and
    following through with such big plans and, of course, was supportive. The only problem
    was that Liddy was in prison serving time for his involvement in the Watergate Scandal.
    Eventually Liddy's sentence was commuted by then President Jimmy Carter, and in the early
    1980's, he and my father started G. Gordon Liddy & Associates, an international Private
    Security and Counter-Surveillance Agency."

(For more on G Gordon Liddy - Click here )

"While G. Gordon Liddy & Associates grew to be very successful, Liddy became very busy
    pursuing his political and book writing dreams and my father decided it was time to part
    ways. Even after the split, the two larger than life men maintained a solid friendship and both
    remained successful in their respective ventures.

"With the death of G. Gordon Liddy & Associates came the birth of The Protection Group,
    Ltd. and the dawn of a new era. In addition to the services formally provided by G. Gordon
    Liddy & Associates, my father expanded into residential and commercial security systems,
    security guards, and VIP protection.

"With my mother by his side, my father successfully owned and operated The Protection
    Group and several other similar companies until his tragic death on April 17, 1997. I was too
    young and inexperienced to take over the family business and it was sold off piece by piece.
    I promised myself that I would follow in my father's footsteps and would carry on his
    legacy. In an early attempt to keep that promise, I pursued an opportunity given to me by
    James Ross of Ross Engineering, LLC and became the youngest person in the United States
    to be certified in Technical Surveillance Countermeasures (TSCM).

"Still coping with my father's death, I began a journey to "real-world" educate myself in a
    variety of industries and was successful in obtaining multiple high-level management positions
    with different companies. Having not achieved my life-long dream of becoming a Police
    Officer, and having not yet fulfilled my promise to myself to carry on my father's legacy, I
    knew I needed to make some changes. With the support of my wonderful wife, I quit my
    full-time job and was hired as a part-time Deputy Sheriff with the opportunity to send myself
    through the Law Enforcement Academy. I completed the academy and while searching for a
    full-time Law Enforcement opportunity, I re-entered the corporate world managing sales for
    an International plastics company and took on another part-time job as a Police Officer. The
    money was great, but the smell of the board room and the dullness of the work soon
    reminded me why I left the world of business trips and Monday morning meetings behind.
    My part-time Law Enforcement jobs were just enough to keep me happy, but I knew I
    wanted to be involved in the serving and protecting business full-time. I entered the hiring
    process for a full-time job at a Sheriff's Department and was offered the job. I accepted the
    job and eventually was promoted to Sergeant.

"To make a long story short, I stayed with that Sheriff's Department and took on another
    part-time Police Officer job as well as a part-time Investigator job with a highly recognized
    local Personal Injury Law Office. Performing those investigations put me back on the path
    my father had walked on once before. Eventually my mother (a retired Sheriff's Department
    Sergeant/Deputy), my wife, and I decided it was time to start our own Private Detective and
    Security Agency while I remained in Law Enforcement. Advanced Protection Group, LLC.
    was born!

"We are dedicated to carrying on my father's tradition of providing outstanding, professional,
    innovative, trustworthy, and affordable investigative and security services to our clients. As
    our client you will enjoy knowing that you are always on our minds and that we are available
    to you 24 hours a day, every single day of the year.

"Thank you for trusting us to keep you safe and to help you know the truth!

-Dominic V. Ferraro, President
    September 15, 2007"

David Copeland is offline Administrator

Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Re: Dominic Ferraro joins Private Investigators Forums

Thanks for joining us here, Dominic!

G. Gordon Liddy has bee a favorite topic over the last years because he was able to obtain his PI license as a ex-felon, through a similar process IPIU uses known as "the sponsor plan" - which shows that some people can recover from their past and lead productive lives and get their private investigator license..
    David Copeland
    Administrator
    Private Investigators Forums

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

Tammy Rose is offline Moderator (On Leave of Absence)

Distinguished Member:

That is quite a story. Sounds like we all need Dominic in our corner. He and his father are some exceptional people. We all need to know at least one person in our lifetime like that.

TJ Rose
    Moderator trainee

Luke A Slowik is offline *
    Moderator (Retired)

Former Law Enforcement Officer
    Distinguished Member: Private Investigators Forum

Sorry for the late welcome Dominic! It is great to have you here!
    Luke A. Slowik
    Special Investigator, RQA, Inc.
    Counterfeit Alcohol & Tobacco Division
    Badge #11572

welcome dominic, hope to become great like that someday also. fredrick napper (s.c)

Shaun Nichols is offline **
    Moderator (On Leave of Absence)

Distinguished Member - Private Investigators Forum

Very interesting read. This is what makes IPIU the best in its class.

Welcome Dominic.

Excellent story and thanks for sharing.

Welcome Dominic. Great story and I know you will be a real asset.

James Edward Buchanan,III is offline Moderator: (On leave of Absence)

Corporate Agency Owner
    Member of the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Thumbs up Re: Dominic Ferraro joins Private Investigators Forums

Dominic,

I just wanted to welcome you to IPIU...

I read your story as well, Dominic; and I just wanted to say that you are definitely a true inspiration of career success to all of us... You are a prime example of what can happen if we stay true to our vision and dreams... Dominic, thanks so much for sharing...

James, 3rd
    Moderator Trainee
    "I would much rather have a few successful friends in high places,
    than a lot friends that are doing nothing."

JB3

Dominic V Ferraro is offline Licensed Private Investigator

Private Investigators Forum Member:
    Sponsored by International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Re: G. Gordon Liddy, ex-felon becomes private investigator. Dominic Ferraro joins Private Investigators Forums

Hello everyone! I've been away from this forum for way too long and am happy to be logged back in!

I've made some business and career changes over the last couple of years (primarily retiring from law enforcement) but am still working as an investigator.

Stay tuned for an announcement about a new investigations business that will surely be a HUGE help to all of you (and your agencies)!

Be safe,

Dom

- - - Updated - - -

Donna,

Would you mind changing the title of this thread? I ask because some people have told me that they got the impression that I am an ex-felon...I know you meant to indicate that Liddy was the ex-felon, but the way the title is worded is apparently giving out the wrong impression. For the record: I am NOT a felon!

Thanks!

Dom

Re: G. Gordon Liddy, ex-felon becomes private investigator. Dominic Ferraro joins Private Investigators Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic V Ferraro View Post
    Donna,

Would you mind changing the title of this thread? I ask because some people have told me that they got the impression that I am an ex-felon...I know you meant to indicate that Liddy was the ex-felon, but the way the title is worded is apparently giving out the wrong impression. For the record: I am NOT a felon!

Thanks!

Dom
    Welcome back, Dom.

This topic has been renamed and a link for G Gordon Liddy has been inserted in Post #1 for those who wish to comment on the Liddy topic.

Sincerely,

Ann Marie Ryan
    Legal Affairs comments are not intended to be and should absolutely not be taken as legal advice. If you should require legal, tax, or financial advice, you must first enter into a written agreement with only a licensed professional for legal, tax, or financial services, signed by both you and the licensed professional, and paid a retainer in good funds. Legal Affairs is not, nor intends to be, nor solicits to be your licensed professional. Members accessing comments by Legal Affairs are required to be bound by their Terms of Use Agreement regarding Legal Affairs.

Dominic V Ferraro is offline Licensed Private Investigator

Private Investigators Forum Member:
    Sponsored by International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Thanks Ann Marie!

Quote Originally Posted by Legal Affairs View Post
    Welcome back, Dom.

This topic has been renamed and a link for G Gordon Liddy has been inserted in Post #1 for those who wish to comment on the Liddy topic.

Sincerely,

Ann Marie Ryan