Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Member Welcome Tips

For most of your questions, there are tons of good stuff to be found on the forums! Here are a few links that might be a good starting point. They paint a good picture of the forum rules, membership levels, and what IPIU has to offer its members.

First time here? Haven't posted any comments?
    Click here: Newcomer? Do this FIRST!

For Forum Rules: Click Here: Forum Rules Topic Link

For Membership Levels: Click Here: Membership Levels Topic Link

For IPIU Benefits Information: Click Here: IPIU Benefits Topic Link

If you have registered for a User Name and password, begin exploring the topic titles in the Trainee Forum:
    Click Here: Trainee Forum Link

Glad to have you aboard!

Thanks for the links. I couldn't find some that I was looking for last night.

Originally posted by Jeff Creedon
    Thanks for the links. I couldn't find some that I was looking for last night.
    Yeah. It's hard to tell I actually have a life, I'm spending so much time here. But I'm bookmarking this page, becasue I've been lost so many times, I am definitely keeping this little "map."

Thanks.

Aloha!

Don't feel bad I got lost many times before. It takes a while to adjust to the many forums provided. You are doing great and have yourself a wonderful evening....

Aloha,

Sunya
    Sunya N. Nardo

With A Power Greater Than Yourself
    All Things Is Possible.........

Badge# 6821

Jeepers I think I'm getting the hang of this. I learn more and more every day.
    Shiela M Hargett
    Badge #6855

The process of learning is the key to a better future. (I think!) Have a wonderful weekend.............

Aloha,

Sunya
    Sunya N. Nardo

Badge# 6821

Smile Reading is Fundamental!

Sunya,

Each time I spend time in the forums I learn a great deal of information. I have to learn to schedule my time because my wife is getting a little lonely because of the time I spend on the computer. It's great to love to read but it is also great for my wife to love me.

I have a delima, which one I love more!

Clinton,

I hear you loud and clear my hubby thinks the same all the time. I found balance in my life now everything is hunky dory.......

Aloha,

Sunya
    Sunya N. Nardo

Badge# 6821

Cool You want to share

Sunya,

You found a way to do both. Just a little hint, just give me a little hint.

Thanks,

Ok! here's the hint spend time w/ your wife. Read, watch a movie, and have dinner, then jump on the computer read and respond, then go back to your wife and spend more time, then go back and fourth and you will have two satisfied people. Your wife and IPIU. But make sure you rest and don't get burnt out.

NOTE: Priority first is You, Family & Then Work.

WHY: You are important and have to be OK! w/ self first in order to have peace of mind. If you are happy everyone will be happy, then family. You will be a better person when it comes to family, and finally work.

This seems to work for me, but again everyone is different...Have a great evening......

Aloha,

Sunya
    Sunya N. Nardo

Badge# 6821

Smile Well, Well, Well

Sunya,

I asked and I received. Very elegantly said. I agree, everybody aren't the same but everybody can learn something from everybody.

It is my opinon that we must pursue our dreams and the rest will fellow. My dream is to become a better person in everyway I can. This includes being a great husband and learning to include my wife in my life. I don't always find that easy but the enjoyment I get from it when I accomplish it, is more then money!

You have been around a while and I look forward to enjoyable conversations in the future.

Thanks,
    Clinton

Aloha! Clinton,

You are welcome! I either experienced this in my life or it was something that was taught to me by other friends.

In the long-run it was worth it and I hope you enjoy life to the fullest. Have a great day and yes! we will talk soon........

Aloha,

Sunya

Sunya N. Nardo

Badge# 6821

Clinton, enjoy married life. Do not ignore her, and do treat her as though she is very special (which I imagine she is). Don't blow it like I did.

Thumbs up Every little bit helps

Glenn,

It is good to know that with commitment to the process I can have a successful marrage and a great career as a Private Investigator. My main focus right now is to try whatever I can to be happy and to be happy with my wife in my life. I guess it's the newly wed thing that has a grip on me right now. All good things come in time I guess.

Anyway thanks for your kinds words and I will take the advice knowing that there is always a way to work things out though a little investigation.

Thanks Again,
    Clinton

Anytime, my friend, any time.

It has been said that the more one reads the forums and various posts, the more one learns. This is indubitably true. As I read some of my early posts, I cannot help but inwardly chuckle at some of the questions. It is also very true that good things come to those who wait.

Wink Why wait, when you can have it now?

What I'm I talking about. Well I was just thinking that right now I have the opportunity to get involved. This is my time to dig in and get what is there for me. I know more will come as I go but it's just so exciting to dig in and find those gems. I read the forums to just get it. I mean I just go looking for the treasures and you know what they say about a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get.

For all the guys that are new at this like myself, dig in. Invest some time and maybe we might be working with one another somewhere on this great planet of ours. There is much to discover and even more to share.

Wait, Wait a minute, that sounds too good. What is going on here? Just a while ago I was just beginning to discover this world of investigations. I better make sure I don't miss anything, so let me get back on my trail of forums and crack this case of becoming a real Investigator!

Lets talk,
    Clinton

Talking Thanks for the advice...

Thanks for all the advice and direction...Especially about finding the balance in your life between work and your married life.
    I found that I was trying to spend so much time with my wife to make sure she knows she is a priority for me I've neglected I.P.I.U. I talked to her about it and she was very understanding. Life is great when the cylinders are all firing in order!!!

Thanks again,

Badge 6710
    Last edited by William K. Winiker; 12-15-2003 at 07:25 PM.
    William K. Winiker

Adminstration Office

I sent in my CRW and it was confirmed that it was received by your office, so why hasn't my access level in the forums been upgraded yet? I also sent of my fingerprints. photo identication package, and the rest of my forms, so I would like to know if you can upgrade my level asap..
    Maurice Hopkins

Badge # 6975

Aloha!

Send them an email re: your upgrade.

Mahalo,
    Sunya N. Nardo

Badge# 6821

Where has the time gone

Now that everyone is talking about it, I really haven't realized the amount of time I spend here.

When there so much information time doesn't seem to matter, but I must not forget about family.

Got to watch out for that balance.

Thanks Sunya
    Best regards,

Geoff Gibbs
    "If I was watching you, you wouldn't know about it!"

Aloha!

YOUR WELCOME

NO PROBLEM

Enjoy your evening...........

Mahalo,
    Sunya N. Nardo

Badge# 6821

Sunya

I just wanted ot tell you thank you for the tip, I sent the information to them.
    Maurice Hopkins

Badge # 6975

Aloha!

I'm glad to help you
    ANYTIME

Sunya N. Nardo

Badge# 6821

it took me awhile to get around to but i finnaly found the way theres alot of info in here
    Gregory R Almas

Originally posted by Gregory Almas
    it took me awhile to get around to but i finnaly found the way theres alot of info in here
    We have actually lost some very new members on their first day of getting trained. They refuse to invest the time to become skilled at our forum software, which is used at over a million websites worldwide.

The private investigator for this century must become proficient at the tools of the Internet and how thousands use the forum and technology to obtain information.

Cynthia Ford
    Administrator - IPIU
    ----------

Patience

It's suprising to me to hear that prospective PI's just starting out, don't have the patience to take the time and learn the site. It's not that difficult, and what would they think that PI work is all about? PATIENCE!!!! It's sad to know that good people may have been lost. But the rest of us will be here and reading and learning and reading and navigating, and did I mention reading?
    Good luck and patience to all;
    John D. Tremblay
    John D. Tremblay
    Private Investigator Trainee

Unhappy

Aloha!

I'm sad to hear that we lost some new members I hope they come back and give us a chance to assist them. Who said it was going to be easy, no task is easy without hard work and PATIENCE............

Happy Holidays......................
    Sunya N. Nardo

Badge# 6821

thanks

Thanks a lot, the tips you give me were perfect.

Thumbs up Don't forget family!

Geoff,

I can relate to your comment about not forgetting family. I found myself just lost in all the forums and just enjoying myself so much that at times I found myself alone. I mean I would turn around and everyone was asleep.

Hello, wakeup, don't forget family. I now have a new respect for what I love and what I love to do!

Happy Holidays, Everyone!
    Clinton

Thumbs up The forum

I am enjoying the forum much! I can hardly wait to begin a job.
    I am waiting for my test package in the mail. The holidays are great but waiting is hard. I am patient though. It is fun being able to communicate this way.

Happy New Year to all!

Lynette S Helsel

Well Hello Lynette

Lynette,

Welcome aboard and in time you will be joining in on some of our most interesting subjects. Its a great deal of fun in the forums and I'm sure you will continue to enjoy them.

Just let us know what you think after you have read some of the threads and believe me we will let you know what we think. All in good fun and information. Look forword to reading your post.

Clinton

Lynette Helsel

Welcome :

Hopefully you will take advantage of the benefits that we all have gotten from the forms. I found it to be a very good information bank, with friendly and helpful individuals to assist you. I think you will also find it to be a very beneficial site.
    Last edited by Maurice Hopkins; 01-26-2004 at 08:29 PM.
    Maurice Hopkins

Badge # 6975

Hey all you guys

The main thing you men have to remember>>>>> COMMUNICATION is number one. If you have that with your family>> all else will fall into place.

We women do understand things if we are allowed to be included in them. Let us walk beside you and not behind you.

Just a comment to help you guys along with your wives.(and wives with husbands also) We want you all to stay happy.

I know what you are talking about but nothing is ever easy. My husband is newly disabled (7 months now) and recieves no benefits. I am trying to make ends meet on 15 hours a week at my current job. I want very much to go ahead and get my manual, test and badge so I can start at least some part time jobs but the funds are just not available. (I also have an 11 year old in school who need just about everything) The only advise I can offer is:
    1. do something to make you happy
    2. never let your loved ones down

Thanks to all who are responsible for these forums. They have helped me to keep my sanity.

Good luck to everyone. God bless.

Originally posted by Linda Tinker
    I want very much to go ahead and get my manual, test and badge so I can start at least some part time jobs but the funds are just not available.
    There is so much you can learn at the forums with your free Level 1 Access, including free website forums tools training, free email help with privacy tools at yahoo, free discussions on what your future processing can be like in the Trainee Forums, and most of all establishing friendships that can turn into long term allies in your future career.

Then when you are ready, you can pursue union membership with our new 1-2 step online express program.
    Julia Ann Stewart
    Sr. Director of Public Relations
    International Private Investigators Union

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    BBB A+ Rating Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 21st Year Serving 41,932 Members
    CALL IPIU TODAY TO JOIN: 800-548-1526

Talking

Thanks Julia for your words of encouragement. It is very much appreciated. I agree...there is alot to learn right here and I spend every minute I can roaming around all the forums that I can.

Cool Love It!

The new express membership is the greatest thing! I got paid today so will be taking out my membership tomorrow!

I have said it before, but it is worth repeating: IPIU has done a tremendous job of thinking through everything in these forums to help us become successful. All we have to do is spend time here. My Mantra: Read to learn, and post.

Mary

Talking

Thumbs up to IPIU! It is still more practice for me in getting to know my way around the forums. I just recieved my papers to order my badge and I have signed the COE's and I definitely will frame a copy in the near future to read on demand.
    I could not be more excited getting started with this work soon.
    As far as the "male" aspect of conversation!! Ladies I know it is hard,very hard and trying on the female nervous system but>>>>. as a widow (15 years) I can tell you it is a lonely place out here. Remember life is a gift no matter how hard it becomes. You can never take back a moment of life that is gone. Iwill always wish for that time with my husband. We were young. I was only 29 years old. It was a vehicle incident that took his life after we had just had a huge argument. You can never go back!!!!!!

Unhappy Hi Lynette

So very sorry for the loss of your husband. You are very brave and I wish for you to find much happiness in your future.

Thanks for the encouraging words for all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast