Thread: Do you get stuck using Money Orders or Western Union? Read this!

Do you get stuck using Money Orders or Western Union? Read this!

• Tired of missing out on Internet Specials that only accept Visa or MasterCard?
    • Tired of paying more for products or services because you have to "mail in your payment"?
    • If you are using money orders or Western Union to purchase or pay important items and you are tired of the long delays, then this may be the best option for you:
    • Although we are NOT suggesting that this new Visa or MasterCard is a "credit card" or a bank "check card", we are stating that this new Visa or MasterCard is a RECHARGEABLE CARD!
    • Great for those who cannot qualify for checking accounts or credit!

WALGREEN'S Green Dot Everyday MasterCard or Visa Card!
    Your local Walgreen's Drug Store now sells prepaid debit cards that can be used at millions locations worldwide wherever Debit MasterCard and Visa Debit cards are accepted!

Use it for all your everyday needs...pay bills, shop on-line, book travel and more! From America's #1 provider of prepaid debit cards.

Call or stop by your local Walgreen's and pick up your instant card today for as little as $50 to get a $50 credit!

Then you won't be stuck!

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    BBB A+ Rating Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 28th Year Serving 47,932 Members
    CALL IPIU TODAY TO JOIN: 406-534-0251

Re: Do you get stuck using Money Orders or Western Union? Read this!

I've used the Green Dot cards before. I like them a lot. You don't have to sign anything or give anyone any real information, but you get a 'credit card' (even though we all know it's prepaid...the internet can't tell the difference) that you can start using immediately with a registered billing address and security number. All the benefits, less than half the hassle or traceability.

Shaun Nichols is offline **
    Moderator (On Leave of Absence)

Distinguished Member - Private Investigators Forum

This is much safer then sending western union unless you are very sure who you are sending the money too.

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Re: Carl DeLancey

TIP: Go get a VISA PREPAID CARD today. WalMart has them for free. All you do is choose how much money you want deposited to the card ($25? $50?). And there is NO CREDIT CHECK, no matter if you have bank account problems. This type of card is a MUST for conducting business and purchases instead of using money orders.

John Sanderson is offline Lifetime Member

Corporate Agency Member of:

I use a pre-paid card by Green Dot for everything that has to do with my company, or union purchases. I will do this until I get a credit number for my company. I don't want my name on too much of the company because I will sell it when I retire, and don't want too many complications. I also intend to use pre-paid cards for my employees, this will ensure that the employee only has enough money to complete the tasks assigned. I can also load bonus money, and regular payroll by EFT bank transfer instead of issuing checks.

Some uses for pre-paid cards:

1. Paying Informants, without a meeting, or mailing of a company/personal check.
    2. Paying employees, issuing bonuses.
    3. Controlling employee expense limits.
    4. Issuance to a sub-contractor who is utilized regularly for instant retainer payment.
    5. Use one card for each investigation. This will allow you to receive an invoice of all charges made to the client's service account.

Oh, one more thing, there is typically a charge of $5 or less each time you load money to a card, depending on the provider. Green Dot is $4.99 I believe, but there are others out there as well. I'm told walmart has one of their own. The trick to lower costs may be the pre-paid gift cards with the Visa/MC logo, provided by stores. 711 had one that was only $1.99 per load. All the providers I have noticed, allow for up to a $500 load per fee, comparable to the cost and system of money orders.

2009 - 2010 Professional Management Member of:

I found an on-line checking account that will serve my needs with free loading the only fee is a monthly fee of 1.99 for overdraft. It cover me if i go over up to twenty-five dollars.

Awsome! What site did you find this in?

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

Quote Originally Posted by Carl DeLancey View Post
    I found an on-line checking account that will serve my needs with free loading the only fee is a monthly fee of 1.99 for overdraft. It cover me if i go over up to twenty-five dollars.
    Carl, what is the name of the bank that offers free loading for $1.99 a month?

Additional Info on Green Dot

When purchasing a Green Dot card there are two things to keep in mind, because the clerk selling it to you probibly knows less about it then you do.

1. The Green Dot Card: This is the little packet that contains the card. You need only to purchase one of these.
    2. The Green Dot Money Pack: This is the 'refill' card to your existing account. If you purchase this first, you will still have to buy, and activate a card.

The card has a one time activation fee of $10, and for an additional $6 per month, the company will assist you in building credit, ultimately giving you a credit line after the first year of use. I have not checked into the same use for establishing business credit, but will soon.

reload locations:

• CVS
    • Walgreens
    • Rite Aid
    • Wal Mart
    • Target
    • Radio Shack
    • Most Grocery Stores
    • By Western Union (call customer care for details)

2009 - 2010 Professional Management Member of:

I'm sorry for the earlier post I was thinking one thing and typed another, (Typed what I was looking for.) I opened a Prepaid Account with Achieve-Card before I had WaMu it was a good company before they stopped serving Missouri.