Thread: Petty sniffs out fraud with one eye on ethics

Petty sniffs out fraud with one eye on ethics

*Snip*

Petty started her career as a paralegal in private law firms around town, later becoming a deputy clerk for U.S. District Magistrate Judge Joseph Miller. When Miller ran for public office, Petty decided to start her own private practice.
    “I found the investigative end much more fascinating and appealing than calendering trial events, making photocopies, putting trial binders together, and so I just said, ‘Wow, I really like this,’” Petty said.
    As she tries to change the perception of her profession, she is also trying to change her profession’s perception of her. As a small woman with a husband and two children at home, she would have been the secretary, not the PI., in those old crime novels.
    “It’s still a male-dominate field, but women are catching up really quickly in the past couple of years,” Petty said.
    While Petty has no problem with the grittier end of her work — hiding for hours in the back of her car or running from pit bulls — she said being a woman often lets her avoid being noticed out in the open, where she can be “the soccer mom cheering on with the little Handi-cam.”
    Petty works a lot of insurance cases, making sure claimants actually have the injuries they collecting money for, and she believes catching fraud keeps costs down for everyone.
    Her concern for the general good sparked her passion for licensing.

For Entire Article Read Here

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Re: Petty sniffs out fraud with one eye on ethics

Christine,

Thanks. Sometimes we need to read about the success stories.