Thread: SEND A FREE PRINTED POSTCARD to a US Soldier!

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

SEND A FREE PRINTED POSTCARD to a US Soldier!

Many thanks to Joanne Waldron for passing along this heartwarming suggestion:

http://www.letssaythanks.com/

• To honor our soldiers across the country and increase community morale, Xerox Corporation has created Let's Say Thanks, a national program designed to deliver thousands of cards to soldiers overseas with messages of support from home.

• Social responsibility has been ingrained in the Xerox culture since our earliest days as a company. The Let’s Say Thanks program provides one more outlet for the company to deliver value to the community and support the men and women stationed overseas.

• Postcards sent through LetsSayThanks.com will be delivered to men and women from all military branches deployed on active duty. If you would like to mail a postcard to a relative or personal friend, downloadable files are available for each design once a card is selected off the homepage of this Web site.

• Postcards personalized using LetsSayThanks.com will be printed in batches on a monthly basis, then bundled and sent along with care packages from Give2TheTroops®. Because of the variables in printing and distributing the postcards to various locations around the globe, we cannot give a precise timeframe, but your message should arrive in one to two months.

• Give2TheTroops is a non-profit organization formed to support the physical, moral, and spiritual health of America's armed forces in combat zones around the world through the letters and packages prepared and shipped by volunteers. It is incorporated and certified as a non-profit charitable organization. The organization is managed by volunteers who ensure that deployed U.S. military members in all branches of service are supported with letters and care packages.

• Children from across the country were invited to submit drawings that reminded them of patriotism or their hometown. A graphic design professor at the Rochester Institute of Technology then selected the original designs from a pool of entries. But it’s never too late to submit a design. Click here for an entry form.

• The postcards are produced using the variable data printing capabilities of the Xerox iGen3 Digital Production Press.

• Children are encouraged to submit original drawings and a completed entry form to: Let's Say Thanks c/o Jennifer Bulmahn, P.O. Box 30228, Rochester, NY 4603

• You can chose either one of the pre-selected messages that best expresses your sentiment, or you may write a personal message of support to U.S. soldiers serving overseas. Please do not include your mail address, e-mail address or any other personal information directly in your message. Please refrain from including support for or comments about other groups, causes or organizations in your message. The Let’s Say Thanks program will not deliver cards with this information to the troops.

Thank you, David.
    As a Veteran, I'm glad to see this on our IPIU site. I urge everyone to send a card & show the servicemen & women that we appreciate their efforts.

Tom...
    Tom Tanner
    "If you don't learn something new every day, you're not paying attention." ~my dad~

John G - is offline Retired Forum Moderator

Private Investigators Forums
    Sponsored by the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    I agree with Tom. Thank you David for coming up with this site. Thanks also to Xerox for their idea.

Johnny

Awesome site...sent one...then emailed the link to all my email friends. Thanks. What a great idea.

I discovered this thread today and sent a postcard to a soldier. Thanks.

Peter Quinones-- is offline Corporate Agency Owner
    Private Investigators Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:

Re: SEND A FREE PRINTED POSTCARD to a US Soldier!

Thank you for posting this. As a current service member and two deployments under my belt, this is a very appreciated service. There are many Soldiers who are single and have no communication with others at home. I have seen on many occasions the look in their eyes when someone recieves letters and packages from home and they dont. A simple postcard just saying thanks goes a long way in telling a service member that their dedication to duty and service are greatly appreciated.

Natasha Toussaint is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:

Thanks for the info.

My heart and prayers are surely with all of our men and women who serve, as well as served;thank you.