Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Testimony and position with any negative posts of IPIU on the web.

John G - is offline Retired Forum Moderator

Private Investigators Forums
    Sponsored by the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

My position with negative posts of IPIU on the web.

My position with negative posts of IPIU on the web: I know that there are a few posts that call IPIU a "s_c_a_m" and that say that IPIU doesn't give customers what they ask for.

I need to state, for the record, that IPIU has done what it says it will--teach you to be a better private investigator.

But IPIU is more than just a professional union or job bank. Though one purpose is to find jobs and interesting work, I have reaped a lot more than just any kind of occupation. I've made friends all over the world, I have the tools I need to succeed, I have people that are willing to go the extra mile to see our members be happy they're with IPIU. Plus, believe it or not, IPIU members and staff are people who DO care for one personally, and for one's reputation.

I'll be the first to admit, I'm not the best trainee PI right now, but then, I have the tools, the knowledge, and the will to make things happen. IPIU has provided a lot more than just belonging to an association or a trade union. They've provided a family, which is something that a lot of organizations do not do. IPIU works if you work with them and the tools you have at your disposal.

Yes, some posts get moderated and archived, but you have to think--Do you want to see your home in a great condition with no bad spots on it? or would you rather have a site where everyone is after everyone and a lot of mud and trash is slung around. That's why I'm happy to have an Oath & Code of Ethics and all the other safeguards that are in place here.

If you have passcode access as a Level 3 member, take a close look at the Blogs Topic , which says that blogs, if not used carefully, can be destructive. That's why this forum is not a blog.

IPIU and licensed private investigative agencies sponsor the Private Investigators Forums and also teaches me that respect for oneself and others is important. Part of that respect is not just following the rules, but being positive, uplifting, helping, and inviting.

I wish I could go out there and wipe the negative things said about IPIU from the internet, but unfortunately there's something called free speech. Everybody has the right to express themselves. However, they do NOT have the right to libel/slander an organization who is honestly doing it's very best to teach the arts and sciences of investigation to all levels of people.

IPIU also teaches the laws involved with PI work, so that it's possible to earn a license to take on clients. Or in my case, to choose to work from clients who fall within the unregulated waivers or exemptions common to most states, and have the agency I have established be in Colorado, to prevent needless worry on anyone's part of any misrepresentations. It's very unique, but everything in this website about PI work is very true.

That's the reason I tend to get "snarky" with anyone who wants to talk trash about IPIU. I've actually only posted once about that, so far, and I am hoping I don't need to post like that again. Even though it was "snarky", I made the point--If anyone has a problem with IPIU, use the channels to contact Legal or someone in Agent Relations who will help explain the matter.

As for those few negative internet sites slamming IPIU, I'm hoping the entities responsible do the right thing and dispose of those sites. It is costing the site owners a lot of grief and loss of their reputation, and that is needless at this time.

I'm just stating my views, but I've given my testimonial. Now I give a defense. Because the facts are that IPIU does what it says it does.

That is my story, and I will back it while on this earth.

Johnny

Johnny,
    You have given a true hearfelt testimonial here, and while i'm sure we all feel the same way, i doubt i would have been able to convey it with so much elequince. Kudos my friend!!!
    Steven (the Loaf) Lofing
    Moonlite Investigations
    Serving Southern California

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Lofing
    Johnny,
    You have given a true hearfelt testimonial here, and while i'm sure we all feel the same way, i doubt i would have been able to convey it with so much elequince. Kudos my friend!!!
    Thanks Steve. I was intending this as a defense against those "cheeseballs" that don't check out IPIU before they get "snarky" and either cut and paste or write their own statement expressing the negative views expressed by other websites. It's a "look before you leap" kind of plea.

Thank you for your post. I'll see you around in chat, sometime.

Johnny

Joyce Jameson - is offline Distinguished Member of:

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Another 'Johnny Masterpiece'

Johnny,
    Once again your 'brightness bulb' is aglow Thank you for this post, it will be put in my 'defense' folder so I can get to it ASAP when needed.
    Have a great day.

Petra Post - is offline Retired Administrator
    ***** Certified SPI

Former Insignio Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    Loved it, Johnny... well said... We're right behind you there and yes, I also own a DEFENSE folder, lol... Keep it up and I'll see you all around.

Wowzers!!!

Looks like I missed something around here, but I think you did a bang-up job there Buddy.

Kudos on BEING YOU !!

God Bless, can't even think of adding anything, would not even try.

KEEP THE FAITH BROTHER !!
    MICHAEL S. ROSSANO
    Certified NYC Process Server (Lic.#1214860)
    Member of: IPIU, MSPA, NYSPPSA
    In Serving Each Other, We Become Free

My Experience with another "Forum"

About two weeks ago, I was invited to join another "forum" on a common portal dealing with PI work and related professions. Unfortunately I discovered after being enrolled that it is not properly moderated by anyone, and that it tends to get downright disrespectful.

Out of concern for my own Oath & Code of Ethics pledge here, I withdrew from the group just five minutes ago.

Although it has Licensed PI's and may be technically legitimate, IPIU's ability to maintain respect and order in these forums by not going to any length to name disrespective names of other individuals and do personal attacks on them, has impressed on me that belonging to any forum or association that does not subscribe to an Oath & Code of Ethics or does not have the ability to make sure respect is maintained is contrary to my sense of morals and security.

I sure learned a valuable lesson--respect for all is the reason I belong to IPIU, and why I will for future reference avoid membership in anything that I know violates the IPIU standard of behavior.

Thanks for reading.

Johnny

I Agree ...

I too have been enrolled in some other outside group forums and have found them to be very disconcerting as well.

I am well aware of "whom" you speak of Johnny. It is such a shame that simple few feel the need to berate and slander and opinion attack another fine organization just for the sake of tooting their own horns.

I agree with you Johnny regarding holding up a more Higher Standard for work ethics as well as professional respect for one another within ANY profession.

While I have not yet withdrawn from those other groups, I wish to see how this incident might be resolved concerning that particular group.

Kudos to those who continue to uphold a Higher Standard of Service,

Just 1 man's $.2 cents.
    MICHAEL S. ROSSANO
    Certified NYC Process Server (Lic.#1214860)
    Member of: IPIU, MSPA, NYSPPSA
    In Serving Each Other, We Become Free

Carmen Acai is offline *** Certified

Sr. Moderator
    Certified Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Ginsberg
    ...the facts are that IPIU does what it says it does. That is my story, and I will back it while on this earth.

Johnny
    Very nice and honest testimony.

The truth is that all the people who make statements without a thorough analysis are not to be or become private investigators.

They eliminate themselves automatically from this line of work by being superficial.

I guess this is another reason for which IPIU made its name as an extended family. It is quality we are talking here about.
    Last edited by Carmen Acai; 12-06-2006 at 08:37 PM.
    Carmen Acai
    Sr Moderator

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

Thank you, Johnny (and others), for your personal testimonies.

An email from Legal Affairs indicates that websites which name the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) in any part whatsoever are subject to a US federal injunction from using our trademark or name or copyrights. Punitive damages are also awarded if the website does not comply under federal court order.

Free speech is permitted, as long as it does not defame or include libel. But posting a federal trademark names is an additional protection afforded.

Legal Affairs maintains a list of all internet web sites and other forums who permit slander. The actual number of sites are not that many. LA (Legal Affairs) found that one person uses multiple names to post the same slander. As some of you already know, one of the sites was charged with a federal crime. The other site is due to be charged for trademark violations. Overall, IPIU will always have a handful of critics who choose to rename themselves to resemble a mob, when in fact they are the same person or persons.

Since IPIU was founded sixteen (16) years ago in 1989, they have served over 80,000 private investigators worldwide. There are currently over 32,000 registered at our web site, while others prefer international mail and other media.

In all, of the 80,000 IPIU has served, there have only been six (6) union members officially banned and blacklisted because of their deliberate violation of their signed Oath & Code of Ethics Agreement. Among these six banned past members are those who have authored or caused the authoring of the slander. The remaining tens of thousands of fraternal union members maintain their Oath, Honor, and Code of Ethics.

For a member to knowingly support, affiliate with, or agree with any group or firm or individual whose teachings or practices are contrary to or opposed to those accepted by IPIU is a violation of their Oath and Code of Ethics. (See Article 3 of the Oath & COE)

Should members resign from groups or firms that are contrary to their Oath and Code of Ethics? We suggest you first email legal.affairs@ipiu.org before doing so. They can contact the webmaster in an effort to help bring their site into compliance through the placement of the IPIU Banner, which includes a free reporting mechanism for ethical practices of the webmaster and it's postings.

An application and details is located in the following link:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19427

A sample IPIU Agency Banner is here:
    http://www.mobileundercover.addr.com/

The above agency's report is located here:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/agency.ph...ile&id=1000057

If the suspected group or forum or website refuses to comply, then be prepared for a request for all IPIU union members to remove themselves from that site. If there is a distinct loss of certain benefits members will lose in exchange for their compliance to their Oath and Code of Ethics, then make sure those benefits are named in your email to legal.affairs@ipiu.org . Why? Because IPIU will then attempt to replace those perceived lost benefits with another site that will maintain an Oath and Code of Ethics. In the end, if you choose the truth and the moral path, then the benefit will be there for you to reap.

The Oath and Code of Ethics covers a fraternal union member both in public and in private. Our doctrine supports the notion that no one can serve two oaths which are in contradiction. A member must choose which principle to serve.

If anyone has factual evidence of unknown slander posted anywhere on the internet, including groups, forums, emails, and web pages, then privately email the item to legal.affairs@ipiu.org so that they can investigate.

As a general rule, we do not name names on this site. The reason is simple: IPIU has a procedure in place for a previously blacklisted banned member to reapply for fraternal union membership. That procedure includes a number of requirements, including a private apology and retraction where the banned member offended or violated their oath in private, versus a public retraction and apology where the blacklisted banned member offended many in public. The IPIU Board of Ethics allows such a member to work through their mistakes, correct their wrongs to the best of their ability, and to be repatriated among their fraternal union colleagues.

Although IPIU is not a religious order, it's doctrine is based on such proven guidelines.

Cheers,
    Technical Support
    Administrator

Wow, I am new here, and I am glad I stumbled along this post. You guys are such great hearted people! I am so glad to be a part of IPIU! If anyone has any advice at all for me, I'd love to hear it! thanks! I also would like to meet as many people on here as possible!

Sincerely, Sarah

12. I learned a simple rule growing up.

I learned a simple rule growing up:

"If ya can't say something nice then don't say anything at all."

I was also taught to think for myself and to check things out and use my head before I get involved in anything. Guess that says alot there for me. Might I also say to sum things up for those who'ld like to read between the lines.

Thank you IPIU and those of you who make up this Union and for the opportunity to be in community with the rest of you good people.

Here is an interesting report:

Fair Business Report on IPIU
    Legal Affairs comments are not intended to be and should absolutely not be taken as legal advice. If you should require legal, tax, or financial advice, you must first enter into a written agreement with only a licensed professional for legal, tax, or financial services, signed by both you and the licensed professional, and paid a retainer in good funds. Legal Affairs is not, nor intends to be, nor solicits to be your licensed professional. Members accessing comments by Legal Affairs are required to be bound by their Terms of Use Agreement regarding Legal Affairs.

Jerome O Isaac-- is offline Sr. Distinguished Member:

2007 Honorary Ambassador of Good Will
    Greetings Legal Affairs, thanks for sharing those links.

Have a great day.

Once again the report shows IPIU is there for us.

I can tell you all, from day one I was encouraged by our union members and with the help received here I am already working in the field.

Thanks IPIU, and thanks Legal for bringing this to us!
    Steven (the Loaf) Lofing
    Moonlite Investigations
    Serving Southern California

Thank you Tech support!!!!!!!!

If anyone has factual evidence of unknown slander posted anywhere on the internet, including groups, forums, emails, and web pages, then privately email the item to legal.affairs@ipiu.org so that they can investigate.
    This thread should be at the TOP of the list in my opinion.

I have learned so much in such a short time from the forums at IPIU and in my own way searched information about IPIU credentials on the internet, because of my investment. And some raising my eyebrows in disbelief at somethings (miniscule) but so widely encouraged by other findings!

Thank you!

Stormy Renner - is offline *** Certified

Licensed Private Investigator
    Sr. Member - Private Investigators Forum
    Code:
    I learned a simple rule growing up. If ya can't say something nice then don't say anything at all.
    Well said Robin - I was brought up with my mother stressing that very thing and if everyone would think of that before-hand, the world would be a nicer place.

Stormy Renner

Thanks Johnnie for your testimonial on the negative.

I think that is one thing that is so nice about IPIU. You don't have to read alot of negative remarks that bring everyone down. It is nothing but positive feedbacks and testimonials. I don't think anyone enjoys having their parade rained on all of the time.

IPIU is a great positive experience with as much knowledge as anyone could ask for.

Thanks for speaking up on your position!
    DEBRA ELDER
    Florida - USA

Thumbs up Re: My Testimony and position with any negative posts of IPIU on the web.

Hey there Johnny, and everyone else on this forum.

After getting my credentials, and before paying my membership dues, I decided I would surf the net a bit and see what was out there about IPIU in the negative light. I found a few things for sure, but I am not going to list them because my experience with what I actually read in the IPIU forums as a Guest did not support any of the negative statements I was finding online that referred to IPIU!

There is no other place in this profession or industry that knowledge, experience, and hard won trade secrets are so willingly shared with IPIU associates.

There are plenty of "books" and pay-to-play sites in the investigations and protection industry - but the only place with a big heart and a sharing, supportive, and "please-take-my-knowledge" and 'learn attitude" is right here at IPIU!

For the beginner who is curious all the way up to the old pro...this is the place to belong.

Thanks Johnny and thanks everyone. I intend to be here for a very long time.
    STEVEN KEARNEY
    Investigator
    Security Director
    Wisconsin - USA

No Detail Is Minor

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator

DHS Certified

Re: My Testimony and position with any negative posts of IPIU on the web.

Thank you all for your kind testimonials.

Donna Reagan
    DHS Certified

START WITH TRUST

Good day to all... My name is Frank Hook I am a new member here at IPIU.

I have gone to the New Members Forum and made my intro but I felt I needed to do it here as well.

I spent nine years in the Marine Corps mostly in the Infratry. There I learned that no matter where you grew up, your parents molded into you about other people. We were there to do the same job. Respect for one another was how we blended into a close net family. I have been out of the service for 4 years now and have been looking for that same kind blending and respect for one another and a place that lives by a "CODE" of Ethics.

I have not posted alot in any forum, however in my readings I feel that I have found a new home here.

Thank you to the founders and members of IPIU for what you have built here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Hook
    I spent nine years in the Marine Corps mostly in the Infantry. There I learned that no matter where you grew up, your parents molded into you about other people. We were there to do the same job. Respect for one another was how we blended into a close net family. I have been out of the service for 4 years now and have been looking for that same kind blending and respect for one another and a place that lives by a "CODE" of Ethics.

I have not posted alot in any forum, however in my readings I feel that I have found a new home here.

Thank you to the founders and members of IPIU for what you have built here.
    Frank,

(If we had more former soldiers as private investigator members, my job would be a LOT easier. I serve on the union's Board of Ethics. And although it is rare that a union member violates his or hers signed Oath & Code of Ethics, when it happens it becomes a chore for the board to get through it.)

When you get a chance call the USA office at 406-837-2842 and ask for Tim. He is the Operations General Manager for IPIU. Ask him what he did in the Marines before coming to IPIU. We could use another hundred "Tim's" and "Frank's" for sure.

All my best,

Robert

PS: You may wish to chime in on the following link:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29377
    Robert Donovan
    Director - Agent Relations
    Sr. Director - IPIU Ethics Board

START WITH TRUST

The more and more I read the more and more I can not wait til I can get the money to start my training

Monalisa Miguel is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2015 Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Wow, just like George said/ The more I read etc... very good to know.

Michelle Arnillo-Chiffens is offline Lifetime Corporation Member

Corporate Agency Member of:

Thanks for sharing everybody.
    But sometimes, being a very good investigator also means protecting the organization. When somebody say something negative, don't believe but find out why. That's on the training manual. I hope that we don't take things personally when we hear somebody say something negative about IPIU. But I hope we can help them know more about IPIU, then hopefully we may be able to change their view into a positive case.

That was very well spoken,thanks

Good to know IPIU is not just another one of those internet sites that just want your money.

Thanks for sharing your inspiring testimony.

Thank you for your wonderful insight. I believe that what I hear or read, I can take what I want from it and throw away the rest... I throw away the negative forums- you get what you put into something and there will be doubters in everything. I in and I plan on staying with IPIU-nothing ventured,nothing gained. Right? Kudos to you

This post was right on time for me. I am new and have no private investigator background or law enforcement whatsoever. I was so excited to tell a friend about this new venture and she immediately started with the ...I tried that, you have to already be an investigator to benefit from it, IPIU is only about promoting their forum and getting people to pay for it, and that I was never going to get any assignments blah blah blah blah. Needless to say I was feeling really low and like once again I had fallen for another 0000. So, I for one am glad to see this post and here the positive comments.

Welcome Tamira, I have found that everyone has an opinion and you can take it or leave it. You don't have to defend anything you do to anyone.
    Jan C Dillard
    Badge #11510

Rickey Latch is offline Licensed Private Investigator
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:

Johnny,

I too have been in this business for a few years and I have found one thing that is true of anything you do ....You only reap what you sow....I have received unsolicited advise from many Investigators as to the pros and cons of belonging to the IPIU.

Honestly, I can say my experience with the IPIU has been nothing short of outstanding. I have met numerous individuals which have helped direct me and guide me in the proper path to help me procure business as well as develop great investigative techniques.

I believe anyone that truly wants to become prosperous in this business can obtain any and all knowledge needed to build a strong agency from within this forum. Of course, it is like anything else, a person has to bring their own integrity, morals and character which are three of the main ingredients needed to accomplish any and all goals.

I stand behind this Union, and thank them for opening the doors for me, when no one else would help me learn the proper steps in developing a successful Agency. I always compare everything to a computer, you can only count on the information and time you have dedicated to learning how to use a computer.

Trash in...Trash out....

Thanks for sharing your views with us and well said...

Rickey
    Last edited by Allen Davis; 06-26-2007 at 04:58 PM.
    RICKEY L LATCH
    Licensed Private Investigator (MS #64-0928877)
    Patton Investigations
    Mississippi, USA

(Approved Signature Pending)

Charles Blount - is offline Licensed Private Investigator

Union Member of International Private Investigators Union

Thumbs up Re: My Testimony and position with any negative posts of IPIU on the web.

I am so glad to have run across and read Johnny's testimony. Very assertive and very blunt and too the point. Thanks Johnny. IPIU is highly recognized.

I must say, I had to google IPIU yesterday because I had to check something on the site. But, when I did, I noticed there were some sites that had some negative headliners. So, I clicked on a link and read the comments. Unfortunately, the comments were absolutely disturbing. But, at that point, my intuition was sparked with a sense of comfortability in knowing that I made the right choice of joining IPIU.

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator

DHS Certified

Quote Originally Posted by Myra Price
    Unfortunately, the comments were absolutely disturbing. But, at that point, my intuition was sparked with a sense of comfortability in knowing that I made the right choice of joining IPIU.
    Such is the nature of the internet. I googled my church and found a lot of trash talk too, all untrue of course. I asked my church about it and they said nothing could be done. Dr. Phil says the same too.

Charles Blount - is offline Licensed Private Investigator

Union Member of International Private Investigators Union

Myra, there is always a hindering force of some nature around us. You/we have to make the desicion on what it is we feel is right. I am glad to know that you feel a little better about IPIU. Not going to get in detail about this situation - just hang in there partner. It's all good.

I know, Donna, what a bummer.

Thanks, Charles, for the encouraging words. I will definitely press forward toward my goals.

Glad to know how you feel about IPIU. This makes me feel even more confident about how I feel an think about IPIU!!!!! Thanks

Well, in speaking with one of the helpful administrators I was advised to post what I had to say about IPIU and what it has done for me so far and, in my opinion, what it will continue to do for me in the future.

Here is my story.....this all came about after asking some questions about some negative comments and actions that were posted on the internet about IPIU.

Here goes....

Dear administrator,
    When I found the links on the internet I didn't even think about looking on the forum for answers to my questions, mainly because I knew that your honorable attempts to keep negative comments out of the picture is obviously a priority. And, I admit I had no idea WHERE to look!

I really appreciate your candid and honest reply and will thoroughly check out each link so that I can be fully informed. Even though these events took place in 2004, one can never know when this information might be useful to someone else with questions.

IPIU's amazing website is HUGE!!! I could sit here for hours and none of my work would get done, not even to mention the laundry would pile sky high!

In all seriousness though, at times; it still runs through my mind where the 'catch' in all of this is. Of the hours I've spent reading and researching the site...I have found, as yet, no catch. How refreshing!

IPIU seems to make it so very easy to get into this work, (and in my personal situation BACK into this kind of work) . The whole process seems to be one I can actually complete my goals by and painlessly!

I was a municipal police officer in the 80's in New Mexico and officially trained in the academy of the NM State Police/Santa Fe. Although a uniformed officer in my city, I also spent my time working in CID (detective division) doing undercover work, crime scene processing and investigative work before drug raids. In AZ where I live now, I am not able to get an agency license because this state does not consider the work of 'police officer' as investigative work. I was dumbfounded to hear this from a DPS employee in the licensing division! I even have a job description from my department that reads my duties (among others) were: accident and crime scene investigation. I also have letters of recommendation, commendation and letters of reference from my work in CID as well.

When speaking to the DPS agent, I described to him all of the docs and info I was ready to submit and asked him for a candid, ball park opinion as to whether it looked like it would fly. He said, "I am not the detective that reviews the applications, but in my opinion, no. Your application does not appear to be one that would be approved for agency license." My jaw dropped.

By the way, they have one detective here in Phoenix that reviews all apps for agency license.
    So, then I went to NM statutes and it looked even more grim to get a PI license there! And.... through the very state I served as a PO in! (I was hoping to do some work there even though in residence here in AZ). That didn't fly either, because in NM you have to apply within 5 years of your experience as a PO, attorney...whatever. Needless to say...it was looking like a path that wasn't meant for me to continue.

I was pursuing the agency license simply because I don't want to commit to 8hrs a day 7 days a week anymore as I have done for more that 20 years and I had the idea any agency I hired on with wouldn't allow me to choose my cases/hrs.

Anyway, without bending your ear further. From what I can tell, IPIU is the answer to everything for me. It seems I can acquire experience in 'true' investigative work, (according to AZ law) through IPIU, completely within the guidelines and laws set forth by this state, and work the cases I choose to work. Now, with all that I have researched and the walls I have run up against....can you see why it seemed for me too good to be true? (You know the cliché...."when it seems too good to be true...it probably is").

Well, again thank you. I appreciate all of you and the help that is always so easy to come by through IPIU. And, as I cruise through the site under state laws, if my letter here seems appropriate anywhere, I may post it as a help and reassurance to others....along with your additional comments, if any.

Warm Regards,
    CorkyJD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast