Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Testimony and position with any negative posts of IPIU on the web.

Charles Blount - is offline Licensed Private Investigator
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Union Member of International Private Investigators Union

Thumbs up Re: My Testimony and position with any negative posts of IPIU on the web.

Corky, what a heck of a statement! I thought I was in a situation also and I did some looking in myself. Because I too wanted and still do want to get out on my own and work when I want to. IPIU gave put me in this trend of thought; and no sooner than I start to put my all in it a stone came right at me, hindering my goals etc. and for a moment I was upset but after seriously reading as much as I could on the union I reached a conclusive decision not to let anything get in the way of my thinking. Yes, I have been accosted about the union and yes, I have read alot of remarks but when you sit and think about all that you have read,there is no way one could accept the negativeness portrayed by these individuals, be that who the may. Listen, we are simular in some ways. Meaning the situation based on your experience as a p.o. and the fact that something like what you've stated made your jaws dropped. Now I have never been an officer of the law but I have an immensive background on investigation as a Poor relief assistant. (Not going into detail) however, with all the knowledge and experience I do have , I too was told no way. I soon found out that there were avenues I could take (positive ones) in order to obtain the status I now have and it worked. You see alot of people do not want to share various information to you and you have to seek these things on your own. I got my pi registrant license from the state in which I live but it's the agency license that I am after. Now I don't know about anyone else but I am sticking with this union and I will have my license here in my state and still I shall operate with and though IPIU (corporate). This is the hand that is lifting me from a dead level to a living perpendicular. I'm affiliating myself / joining various p.i. associations, staying in contact with various v.i.p's , taking up courses getting certified, building up my status and turning in proof of what I am doing (certifications when completed) so I can have a very healthy website on my next upgrade. Nothing beats a failure but a try. I'm not going to fail. Listen, you were/are an officer of the law. You have the greatest potential and I know you will find a way. I know man. Happy New Years sir. Will see you in the future. You are the Man. and IPUI members will be there for you.

Re: My Testimony and position with any negative posts of IPIU on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Blount View Post
    You are the Man.
    (Uh, "woman" I believe)

But thanks anyway for both of your testimonials!

Cynthia Ford
    Administrator - IPIU
    ----------

Oh wow Cynthia, thanks for the acknowledgement. Won't let you guys down. Happy New Years.

Dan Kern is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Johnny, great communication.

Wow, only 6 bad eggs out of 80,000 people isn't a bad number at all. Good Job keeping this place clean and honest. Aaron

Edward Dixon is offline *** Certified

Professional Management Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

No complaints about IPIU here.
    Edward Dixon
    IPIU MEMBER

Badge # 11584
    www.edward.dixon.pi-agency.us

So much great information, I am learning so much...and I am so greatful for all the input, negative and positive. These forums are so informative and I feel can only lead to success for me and others.

Nichole Sweeting - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Union Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Angry Re: My Testimony and position with any negative posts of IPIU on the web.

I am so glad that the email for legal affairs was posted earlier... I forgot to write it down, but it is on Page 1 of the thread.

I accidentally stumbled across one of the nay-sayer web-sites, and was completely disgusted. Most to all of the "posters" spoke as if they were swindled. The only truth in their words is simple: laziness does not work. They were obviously expecting everything to be handed to them on a silver platter. IPIU will help you along, give you directions, clarify those directions, answer any questions, provide a haven to develop professional relations, and commend you when you finally reach your goal; but, IPIU can not do everything for you! You can't expect one of the administrators to take your fingerprints for you, right? Of course not! Better yet, IPIU can not come into your home, pull you out of bed, and plop your butt in front of the computer - all while making you the perfect cup of coffee, walking the dog, and giving you a manicure. Every person that succeeds, in any aspect of their life, has done so with their own initiative and imagination. If you are not motivated to make yourself proud, why would any one else feel the need to bow down in your presence? I think all those 0000-o wham-o sites are run by a bunch of unemployed losers that have nothing better to do with their day.

Lightbulb Re: My Testimony and position with any negative posts of IPIU on the web.

I just wanted to clarify s c a m-o wham-o... It sounds funny when you say it!

Thumbs up Re: My Testimony and position with any negative posts of IPIU on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichole Sweeting View Post
    I am so glad that the email for legal affairs was posted earlier... I forgot to write it down, but it is on Page 1 of the thread.

I accidentally stumbled across one of the nay-sayer web-sites, and was completely disgusted. Most to all of the "posters" spoke as if they were swindled. The only truth in their words is simple: laziness does not work. They were obviously expecting everything to be handed to them on a silver platter. IPIU will help you along, give you directions, clarify those directions, answer any questions, provide a haven to develop professional relations, and commend you when you finally reach your goal; but, IPIU can not do everything for you! You can't expect one of the administrators to take your fingerprints for you, right? Of course not! Better yet, IPIU can not come into your home, pull you out of bed, and plop your butt in front of the computer - all while making you the perfect cup of coffee, walking the dog, and giving you a manicure. Every person that succeeds, in any aspect of their life, has done so with their own initiative and imagination. If you are not motivated to make yourself proud, why would any one else feel the need to bow down in your presence? I think all those 0000-o wham-o sites are run by a bunch of unemployed losers that have nothing better to do with their day.
    To totally agree with you.

My dear Nichole, I could not have said no better than what you stated. I option was to accept or reject what was being laid out in front of me and I profoundly, I mean profoundly thought about it and I am so very glad that my inner feelings about the program over-road the negative notions these people were trying to get me to follow. Note, if it was meant for those to pursue a carreer in this field whether they go through their local state to become a private investigator or what have you or go through this union, so be it. It's not meant for everybody only thoughs who wish to learn more about their professions as beginners and work their way up through the levels IPIU offers or for those who want to expand their professionalism through IPIU's website for exposure, etc, etc. You see alot of folks do not realize it but alot of small companies for example security agencies who also have agency license don't have the time to train people. They such vouch for you to obtain your pi license and throw you out there with no knowledge at all. Some may not even give you an assignment at all. I mean the stories can go on a on. These people who are complaining will be complaining til domes - day but that's life. Let us, the one who are on a much higher plain than that stay and stick together. These sad individuals, be that who they may is not of our concern. I am having a wonderful time here and I am not leaving. Doors will open for thoughs who work hard for what they want. The International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) will assist you and support you as long as you do the same for yourself. (interdependence) I don't run across negative ads as much any more and if I do, I won't even waste my time to even click on them. I think they are slowly giving it up. I think. Acheive your goals and when you have Just send or shall I say inform the union of your success so they can post it and congradulate you on a job well done. This is our home base, let's not forget that. Thanks for your membership and staying the course.

Oh and by-the-way Nichole, I am working on case that soon will make everybody proud and I will post it and give thanks to the union because it was some good advise and good leads that got me this far in it. (soon)

Exclamation Re: My Testimony and position with any negative posts of IPIU on the web.

Thank you, Charles and Gene! You know, as I was reading your (Charles) reply, an email came in offering me a training position!!! The company had contacted me, via email, many times before, and I always had to decline because I had not yet taken the crucial step in advancing my opportunities (membership). I am still not finished with all the paperwork... fingerprints are [Edited by Moderator], but I hope I will be accepted by the company to get things going in the right direction. Fingers crossed, y'all! Oh, gosh... I'm a native New Yorker... I've been in GA too long!!!

I wasn't doubting IPIU, but that emailed offer proves the point made by many in this forum: Good things will happen with IPIU on your side! [Edited by Moderator]

Good luck, Charles, with your assignment! We are all eager to hear how it goes!!!

***While constructing this reply, another email came in from IPIU informing me that my PI email address has been created.
    Last edited by Carmen Acai; 06-06-2008 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Forum Rules

Edward Dixon is offline *** Certified

Professional Management Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Just like anything else that you do in life, it will always depend on how much and how far you apply yourself.
    Edward Dixon
    IPIU MEMBER

Badge # 11584
    www.edward.dixon.pi-agency.us

Quote Originally Posted by Nichole Sweeting View Post
    Thank you, Charles and Gene! You know, as I was reading your (Charles) reply, an email came in offering me a training position!!! The company had contacted me, via email, many times before, and I always had to decline because I had not yet taken the crucial step in advancing my opportunities (membership). I am still not finished with all the paperwork... fingerprints are [Edited by Moderator], but I hope I will be accepted by the company to get things going in the right direction. Fingers crossed, y'all! Oh, gosh... I'm a native New Yorker... I've been in GA too long!!!

Nichole,

Your welcome, I'm assuming you are addressing me...but its GENA not Gene.

I wasn't doubting IPIU, but that emailed offer proves the point made by many in this forum: Good things will happen with IPIU on your side! [Edited by Moderator]

Good luck, Charles, with your assignment! We are all eager to hear how it goes!!!

***While constructing this reply, another email came in from IPIU informing me that my PI email address has been created.
    Good luck,
    Gena

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2