Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RACKETEERING MOB CHARGES filed Against RipOffReport Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Lace Waldron
    I note that his site is still up and running on the web.
    Yes, it is still up, but he no longer allows random ficticious posting with email verification. There has been a substantial drop in phony complaints against businesses.

soooo the no 1 question is....(drumroll) have they found him yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie Krol
    soooo the no 1 question is....(drumroll) have they found him yet?
    Answer:
    Yes, they found him.

For the latest, go here:
    http://www.bad-business-rip-off.com/
    Technical Support
    Administrator

RipOffReports is back in federal court again. This has been going on for a few years after the owner of RipOffReport was charged for Federal Racketeering charges a few years ago.

Here is the latest:
    UPDATE: October 19, 2006:
    The US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division had scheduled a hearing to determine the extent and nature of punishment for contempt of court by Ed Magedson and the Rip-Off Report, after he violated that court's order to remove defamatory materials from their website. Unfortunately, that hearing has been rescheduled until December 12, 2006, as Magedson's lawyer continues to delay the case.

Meanwhile, Magedson continues to publish the most scurrilous materials about companies that complained to the Federal Court in the first place. Despite a Federal Court Order directing him to remove the defamation about their businesses, Magedson removed only one or two posts, but created and maintains dozens of others. He now features a Plaintiff, George S. May, on the Rip-off Report home page. The Plaintiff recently claimed over a million dollars in damages as a result of Magedson thumbing his nose at the Court. At last count there were over 54 rip-off reports filed by Magedson and his crew against this company that sued him.

Is it a mere coincidence that anyone who sues or testifies against Magedson gets vilified to no end on his website?

Or is this part of Magedson's Rip-Off-Report's website extortion s c a m: any who refuses to pay or any brave enough to stand up to him in court are targeted for the worst possible treatment on the rip-off report?

Instead of a source for useful information, the rip-off report web site appears to have become Ed Magedson's vehicle for revenge and harassment. In fact he testified under oath: "I have no other way to retaliate"

When will he learn?
    Source:
    http://www.bad-business-rip-off.com/

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

Re: RACKETEERING MOB CHARGES filed Against RipOffReport Owner

current

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Re: PIs - get to work!! GOODY! Yay! Hoooo-ray!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Conklin
    All I can say is "GOODY goody gumdrops ..." etc. and other such childish terms of delight. It couldn't happen to a better tortfeasor, and I would almost pay to be on the legal team for the prosecution of this action. ...
    Jan,

I love your attitude. I am glad that someone is going after the "bad guys".

For all of you who did not read all the posts. I posted more than two years ago that I had escaped with my reputation intact and no loss of money.

I had blocked that episode from my memory - until an email about a new posting on it.

Check out my Mystery Shopping escapde - http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30510.

Ms Tina Frank is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:

I am glad I found this forum. I came across the ripoffreports website a few months ago and I had no idea that that much of it was false information. I now know not to depend on information from the ripoffreports site. Thanks.

[EDITED BY ADMINISTRATOR: CLARITY]

Lynne Knight is offline Certified Distinguished Member

(Retired Moderator)
    Corporate Agency Member of:

Quote Originally Posted by Tina Frank View Post
    I am glad I found this forum. I came across this website a few months ago and I had no idea that that much of it was false information. I now know not to depend on information from this site. Thanks.
    Hello Tina -

I'm fairly sure I'm understanding your post here, but could you perhaps clarify what you mean?

Thank you.

Lynne,

Thank you, I had the same problem with Tina's post.

I hope she meant that the forums had opened her eyes about how much you read elsewhere is false.

(Retired Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Harris View Post
    Lynne,

Thank you, I had the same problem with Tina's post.

I hope she meant that the forums had opened her eyes about how much you read elsewhere is false.
    Goodness, Michael~ bless you ~ I was afraid it was just me.

I'm looking at it 2 different ways.

Hopefully, when Tina receives notification on more posts in here, she'll stop back and clarify it for us.

Thank you, Michael !!!

Lynne,

I know how you feel. In my graduate classes (Master of Science - Criminal Justice), I sometimes post an assignment that is 90 degrees out from my classmates. I get a bit worried when 25 go one way and only one goes my way. So far, I have a nice 4.0.

(Retired Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Harris View Post
    Lynne,

I know how you feel. In my graduate classes (Master of Science - Criminal Justice), I sometimes post an assignment that is 90 degrees out from my classmates. I get a bit worried when 25 go one way and only one goes my way. So far, I have a nice 4.0.
    Not too shabby!

Thanks, Michael.

In the meantime, I have edited her post to reflect more clarity (unless we hear from her to the contrary)

I am glad I found this forum. I came across the ripoffreports website a few months ago and I had no idea that that much of it was false information. I now know not to depend on information from the ripoffreports site. Thanks.

Member of:

Lynne and Michael,

I am sorry for the confusion and yes that is what I meant that the forum opened my eyes about information that is given on other sites. Sorry about that. I had heard that from someone else just recently as a matter of fact. Think I will just stick with the BBB to check on reliability with companies.

(Retired Moderator)

Hi Tina
    Thank you for the clarification. It was most welcome.

I was hoping you had meant it a bit more of the way it was edited by our administrator.

Thanks for adding your note, (both you and our admin).

(phew.......I feel better - how about you Michael?)

Member of:

You are welcome. I didn't even think when I typed it that it would be misunderstood. Have a good weekend!!

(Retired Moderator)

You are welcome. I didn't even think when I typed it that it would be misunderstood. Have a good weekend!!
    I sure understand that one. When I read the post, I felt I knew what you meant, but I also knew how others might interpret it. Thanks again for taking the time to clarify the post for us.

Well, I for one am sure GLAD I found this thread. It was through an obscure google search at that. Earlier this week my wife did a google search and had some concerns, since I have been familiar with discussion forums for nearly 10 years I have seen the internet slugfests come and go I was able to reason with her.

What a scumbag.

I currently work for a company that manufacture keyless locks and it has come to our attention that there are lockout companies who when you call and tell them that you have locked your keys in your car and ask them over the phone the cost, they will initially tell you $30 - $50. However, when they arrive, and unlock your vehicle, they are confiscating the customer's keys and will then charge you $150 - $300 before they will turn the keys over. It has been discovered that these companies are listed legitimately in the phone book, but they belong to a racketeering ring and it's been reported that they are making millions doing this. I do not know if this is related to this topic, but is there a way that consumers can get a list of legitimate locksmiths that are legal so they will not continue to be ripped off when needing this service. They are currently operating all over the United States. Anyone with this information, please respond.

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator

DHS Certified

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth C Brown View Post
    ... is there a way that consumers can get a list of legitimate locksmiths that are legal so they will not continue to be ripped off when needing this service.
    IPIU endorses the American Automobile Association (AAA), who only recommends or refers members to legitimate service garages, tow companies, and locksmiths. They also back up their referrals with a bond.

Go to www.aaa.com

Donna Reagan
    DHS Certified

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

Ya, I saw there article on IPIU. Looks like a bunch of poppycock to me.

Re: Joseph Szkolka

i recently read an article on line, about IPIU, being a rip off orginization. As I read through it, I realized that the person complaining had not a clue of the necessity of finding out the legal problems and other professional problems involved with gatherings and possible liability and other legal issues involving gatherings that may institute an" official" gathering of members with IPIU. I believe that any members with a little business insight would recognize the needed discretion and look ahead by contacting the legal folks at IPIU, not just any attorney. NUF SAID !!!

David Copeland is offline Administrator

Sponsored by:

Re: Joseph Szkolka

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Szkolka View Post
    i recently read an article on line, about IPIU, being a rip off orginization. As I read through it, I realized that the person complaining had not a clue of the necessity of finding out the legal problems and other professional problems involved with gatherings and possible liability and other legal issues involving gatherings that may institute an" official" gathering of members with IPIU. I believe that any members with a little business insight would recognize the needed discretion and look ahead by contacting the legal folks at IPIU, not just any attorney. NUF SAID !!!
    Some people who visit that site find themselves taking a shower too wash off the filth.
    • Although the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) is the ONLY private investigators association with an A+ Rating from the Better Business Bureau as an Accredited Business Member, and

• Although IPIU has served over 80,000 in it's last 22 years since 1989, and

• Although IPIU currently has over 41,000 members at this site, and

• Although IPIU members include licensed private investigators, trainees, and federal and state law enforcement officers, and

• Although IPIU requires a real first and last name and real location and drivers license to post at this site, and

• Although IPIU members sign the strictest Oath & Code of Ethics among any other organization on the internet, and

• Although IPIU members have been ridiculed by some "professionals" for the member's affiliation of the fraternal brotherhood, and

• Although IPIU is not a religious organization, even though the Code of Ethics and Oath are based on Christian doctrine, and

• Although neither IPIU or any of it's employees or officers have ever been the subject of a single formal complaint filed by any locate, state, or federal agency,

• There remains an insignificant small amount of people out of the 4+ billion folks in the world who find their entertainment in creating false identities at other websites in order to get a reaction to their senseless mission of unfounded criticism against an organization who has helped tens of thousands of professionals and trainees.

As for evidence and facts, watch the Fox New Video at the following link:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?27205

Also, visit the thousand's of true Americans who authored their own testimonials, using their real names and locations in the following link:

http://www.ipiu.org/forums/forumdisp...IMONIALS-FORUM

And make sure you read what a retired federal agent has to offer through his investigation of the facts here:

http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...d-name-of-IPIU
    David Copeland
    Administrator
    Private Investigators Forums

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU