Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RACKETEERING MOB CHARGES filed Against RipOffReport Owner

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

RACKETEERING MOB CHARGES filed Against RipOffReport Owner

UPDATE:
    The RipOffReport is NO LONGER A USA WEBSITE.
    The owner has moved his website to Italy and is
    now hosted by www.tiscali.com in an attempt to
    avoid USA authorities from shutting down his business.
    (Verified by performing a standard Trace Route)

The following news story has come to our attention:

FOR THE LATEST UPDATES:
    CLICK HERE

Universal Communication Systems Inc and Subsidiary Air Water Corporation Today Filed a 'RICO' Law Suit Action Against Xcentric Ventures LLC, Creative Business Investment C, RipOffReport.com BadBusinessBureau.com LLC, Frank Torelli, BadBusinessBureau.com, Alias 'NM', Ed Magedson, and John Does 1-25

Company chairman Michael Zwebner announced today that the company has filed a civil "RICO" law suit IN THE CIRCUIT COURT IN AND FOR THE 11TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, FLORIDA seeking money damages for the Companies' losses as a victim of the defendants' "RICO" (Racketeering Influenced Criminal Organization) conduct and for other improper activities. The law suit names a number of defendants who have and are continuing to allegedly operate a Criminal Racketeering Enterprise against the company (ies) and its directors and staff, as well as unnamed John Does 1-25, being individuals that will be named and added in due course.

UPDATE: October 19, 2006:
    The US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division had scheduled a hearing to determine the extent and nature of punishment for contempt of court by Ed Magedson and the Rip-Off Report, after he violated that court's order to remove defamatory materials from their website. Unfortunately, that hearing has been rescheduled until December 12, 2006, as Magedson's lawyer continues to delay the case.

Meanwhile, Magedson continues to publish the most scurrilous materials about companies that complained to the Federal Court in the first place. Despite a Federal Court Order directing him to remove the defamation about their businesses, Magedson removed only one or two posts, but created and maintains dozens of others. He now features a Plaintiff, George S. May, on the Rip-off Report home page. The Plaintiff recently claimed over a million dollars in damages as a result of Magedson thumbing his nose at the Court. At last count there were over 54 rip-off reports filed by Magedson and his crew against this company that sued him.

Is it a mere coincidence that anyone who sues or testifies against Magedson gets vilified to no end on his website?

Or is this part of Magedson's Rip-Off-Report's website extortion s c a m: any who refuses to pay or any brave enough to stand up to him in court are targeted for the worst possible treatment on the rip-off report?

Instead of a source for useful information, the rip-off report web site appears to have become Ed Magedson's vehicle for revenge and harassment. In fact he testified under oath: "I have no other way to retaliate"

When will he learn?

THE MAIN ALLEGATIONS:

The law suit alleges that the defendants associated in the Racketeering Enterprise and conducted or participated, directly or indirectly in such enterprise through a pattern of racketeering activity consisting of a scheme and article to defraud, lure, obtain, extort monies by means of fraud, misrepresentation, pretenses, and material omissions through false and misleading practices, and to defame and violate the legal rights of Plaintiff(s) through a pattern of criminal activity or a pattern of racketeering activity including the use of telecommunications, mail, wire communications as prescribed by 18 U.S.C. Sec. 1341 and Sec. 1343, 18 U.S.C. Sec. 1962, and F.S. Sec. mail fraud, wire fraud.

Michael J Zwebner added, "We have watched the outrageous actions of these persons continue unabated for far too long. Enough is Enough! We are now responding appropriately, and other "alias" participants in this criminal racketeering enterprise and related internet posting activities can expect to see their names added to the list of RICO defendants once their identities are obtained through the Court system's discovery process. I have stated before and repeat now, that all such defamatory and extortionate behavior against us will not be tolerated, and the culprits will now have to face justice in the courtroom. "

Company: Universal Communication Systems, Inc., Miami Beach
    Voice: 305-672-6344
    Email: info@ucsy.com
    URL: www.ucsy.com

And this:

$20,000 REWARD
    For information leading to valid service
    of original legal process on:

Ed Magedson, Owner of RipOffReports

Because Ed Magedson hides to avoid legal proceedings, Federated Financial now offers $20,000 for information leading to valid service of original legal process on Ed Magedson, personally, (we have served his corporation) in:

The Matter of Federated Financial Services, Inc.
    vs.
    Xcentric ventures, LLC, Ed Magedson, et al
    Case No. CACE0401772 (21)
    Broward County
    17th Judicial District of Florida

To submit information and apply for this reward send email to rewards@federatedfinancial.com, all personal information will be kept confidential. You'll be performing a public service, and we'll happily make the announcement for you, anonymously. (Interested legal counsel and currently engaged process servers excluded.)

In the event of multiple identical submissions, the first received by Federated will receive the reward. Federated reserves the exclusive right to prorate the reward between and amongst multiple qualifying individuals according to its own criteria as to what information contributed most to valid service.

Ed Magedson uses his (ripoffreports) websites to extort money from honest businesses in return for testimonials from Ripoffreport.com.

Ed Magedson wrote to us on 12/31/04, in response to our lawsuit against him, offering to give us a good testimonial for "a reduced fee of $2,500 up front and a monthly monitoring of about $125 a month...

Magedson wrote:
    "The normal cost for the amount of Reports you have would be about $9,000 and much more of a monthly monitoring fee...An investigative Report by Rip-off Report...would be a very positive one, turning all the negatives into a positive. Anyone would want to do business with your company. You will wish there were more Rip-off Reports on you, ...NO joke..."

Ed himself has admitted in at least one newspaper article link:
    "Taking money from businesses that bureaus are supposed to watch is a conflict of interest..."

ARREST FILE LINK of RipOffReport Owner

Another extortion letter:
    http://www.bad-business-rip-off.net/hycite.html

Sources:
    http://www.bad-business-rip-off.com/
    http://www.goodbusinessbureau.com/

And more this month:
    RipOffReport Loses
    $101,100.93 Lawsuit

Michael King, Attorney representing Raceway Ford, received victory from two (2) judgements against the owner of RipOffReports and Bad Business Reports on 11-9-2004 totaling $101,100.93

Source:
    Superior Court Link

RipOffReport Loses
    $36,631.71 Lawsuit

MAIN & GILBERT LLC received victory from three (3) judgements against the owner of RipOffReports and Bad Business Reports totaling $36,631.71

Source:
    Superior Court Link

RipOffReport Loses
    $14,289.95 Lawsuit

Michael Herzog, Attorney, received victory from three (3) judgements against the owner of RipOffReports and Bad Business Reports totaling $14,289.95 on behalf of his clients.

Source:
    Superior Court Link

FBI Report: The FBI is currently trying to obtain original document. In a recent report and in the process of giving out information on fugitives Robert and Pamela Kirchman, Ed Magedson (owner of RipOffReports) was mentioned as a possible co-consirator in colusion with the Kirchmans to extort money from businesses via a website s c a m. Anyone with information on the wherabouts of any of these individuals is encouraged to contact the FBI in Staunton Virginia. (804) 261-1044.

Source: http://www.webspawner.com/users/sharkiebites/index.html

Better Business Bureau Report for:
    RipOffReport & Bad Business Owner:
    "Unsatisfactory Record"

Go here:
    http://www.dc.bbb.org/report.html?na...compid=1038533

RipOffReport Loses
    $27 Million Dollar Lawsuit

Alyon Technologies received victory from a judgement against the owner of RipOffReports and Bad Business Reports totaling $27,100,932 on behalf of his clients.

Sources:
    PDF Document Link

News Story Link

UPDATE: APRIL 2005
    The following copy was sent to us by a consumer:
    RipOffReport Owner Begs
    For Money to Defend Multiple Lawsuits!

Letter from RipOff Owner:

"Dear Consumers,

"Urgent Message from Rip-off Report.

"We need your help at this critical time to keep this web site freely accessible to the public. We have incurred and are incurring unmanageable and substantial legal fees in many states. We are being sued because of the Reports. Now we are paying the price. These culprits have targeted us for legal action, forcing us to spend money on what seems to be endless legal fees across the nation. We wish to stress to you that once we take a position on a company, we realize that we place our business in jeopardy. The demands on us are greater than ever. Your help is urgently needed. I hope we can count on you at this pivotal time. We have barely been able to meet the overhead required for the operation and maintenance of the web site, and those costs are growing everyday. Contributions have not generated enough funds to support our work. Now the additional legal expenses may severely affect the operation of Rip-off Report.

"I am asking that you do all you can to help -- today. Please don't say to yourself that others will give and you don't have to. Also, no amount is too small, send what you can, please.

"PLEASE HELP US NOW!

"Remember, YOUR DONATIONS are NOT TAX Deductible

"ED Magedson - Founder, Rip-off Report"

(Updates April 2005)

PIs - get to work!! GOODY! Yay! Hoooo-ray!!!!!!!!!!!

Another victim of the ripoff report site:

All I can say is "GOODY goody gumdrops ..." etc. and other such childish terms of delight. It couldn't happen to a better tortfeasor, and I would almost pay to be on the legal team for the prosecution of this action. (Almost - if I could afford to.)

I sincerely hope that folks take notice and learn a lasting lesson from this; and I hope the prosecution eats their lunch, the judge is intolerant of libelous slanderers, and the court in general throws the book at 'em.

Now every PI at IPIU knows how to collect some fabulous fees whilst doing some righteous investigating: FIND these cowardly Rippin'-Off defendants and haul them in to face the music. And IF, of course, the Ripper-Offers are innocent and truthful, well now it will all come out in court and they will be vindicated, eh?

/Jan

Yes it will come out in court.

This ripoffreport.com is supposed to help consumers get a resolution to thier unanswered complaints by these companies who do not want to take care of thier problems. The owner running this site stated that he has no control over what the consumers writes. The 1st admendment protects your right to speak freely and it also gives all of us the right to redress government. The owner of this site has done nothing wrong by operating a site that allow others to share thier personal views of companies or people they have done business with. The BBB operates the same way as this company does, only ripoffreports.com does not charge the consumer to view complaints filed against companies, they charge the businesses. I think this is an appropriate way of doing business, which supports the consumer not the conglomerate. If your going to run a business, you need to be fair, honest, and remember the customer is always right, even if they are wrong. Honey attracts bees!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Conklin
    All I can say is "GOODY goody gumdrops ..." etc. and other such childish terms of delight. It couldn't happen to a better tortfeasor, and I would almost pay to be on the legal team for the prosecution of this action. (Almost - if I could afford to.)

I sincerely hope that folks take notice and learn a lasting lesson from this; and I hope the prosecution eats their lunch, the judge is intolerant of libelous slanderers, and the court in general throws the book at 'em.

Now every PI at IPIU knows how to collect some fabulous fees whilst doing some righteous investigating: FIND these cowardly Rippin'-Off defendants and haul them in to face the music. And IF, of course, the Ripper-Offers are innocent and truthful, well now it will all come out in court and they will be vindicated, eh?

/Jan

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

PERSONAL OPINION Only:

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hoffer
    The owner running this site stated that he has no control over what the consumers writes.
    It has been alleged that he does control the posting of phony names to cause an appearance that there are thousands of complainers.
    The 1st admendment protects your right to speak freely and it also gives all of us the right to redress government.
    Government, yes. But the Supreme Court has ruled there is no protection from free speech for deliberate character assassination at the cost of that person's business or livlihood, based on fiction.

The owner of this site has done nothing wrong by operating a site that allow others to share thier personal views of companies or people they have done business with.
    "personal views" are okay, but it should also be stated as a personal view and not that of a fact that can be supported.

[QUOTE=Alan Hoffer The BBB operates the same way as this company does, [/QUOTE]The BBB requires a full name and contact information. RipOff does not. The BBB will not follow through on a phony name submitted. Rip Off does.

does not charge the consumer to view complaints filed against companies, they charge the businesses. I think this is an appropriate way of doing business, which supports the consumer not the conglomerate.
    The BBB does not charge anyone. Yet, if one of their BBB members shows a pattern of complaints, they will revoke their membership.

Ripoff is alleged to charge tens of thousands of dollars to fix a single complaint. That amounts to extortion, in the view of this latest complaint. The BBB provides arbitration at no expense to the consumer, and at a very modest fee to the business.

If your going to run a business, you need to be fair, honest, and remember the customer is always right, even if they are wrong. Honey attracts bees!
    That should be how it works, Alan. But this person is alleged to use thousands of phony names to be seen as "one customer". That appears to be fraud.

Thank you, Alan, for your comments.

Hello, Alan Hoffer!

... ripoffreport.com is supposed to help consumers get a resolution to thier unanswered complaints by these companies who do not want to take care of thier problems. The owner running this site stated that he has no control over what the consumers writes. The 1st admendment protects your right to speak freely and it also gives all of us the right to redress government. ...
    Hello, Alan, and welcome!

I have not had the privilege of "meeting" you before, because you have not posted your agreement to the Code of Ethics Agreement and Mission Statement, nor have you posted your personal Introduction so we can get to know you. If you will do those things I know we'd all love to become acquainted with you.

You are making assumptions I cannot agree with. First, it's obvious that the RipOff artists are not merely coming to the aid of poor consumers who have been victimized by "companies who do not want to take care of thier [sic] problems" if you do any research on RipOff at all or any research on the entities they slam on their website (in our case, IPIU.) It's simply not true. And if you are going to be a professional private investigator, you must learn to seek out all of the truth.

The owner of the RipOff site has done nothing wrong by allowing others to trash talk people or entities? That is arguable, but that's not the crime(s) being alleged nor is that what's really going on at that website. At least some of those are not legitimate complaints which have been ignored. They are inflammatory rants by which the tortfeasor website owner has attempted extortion on the targets of those rants. Nothing about that is "fair, honest" and there are serious questions whether any of the alleged complainants at RipOff are even genuine customers or if they are ghost entities fabricated by the site owner.

It is a bit simplistic to claim the owner of a website has no control over the content. That is complete bull-oney, and any businessperson worth her salt would keep libellous, slanderous content far away from a legitimate business website for her own protection. Period.

I really do mean this all in the sweetest possible manner (Honey). Let's forego RipOff's misrepresentations and half-truths at our [IPIU] website, since we're all PIs or PI-trainees, perpetually in search of the truth. And get your sweet self over to the Forum Members Introduction Lounge, Alan, so we can welcome you properly!

/Jan

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:

Re: PIs - get to work!! GOODY! Yay! Hoooo-ray!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is "GOODY goody gumdrops ..." etc. and other such childish terms of delight. It couldn't happen to a better tortfeasor, and I would almost pay to be on the legal team for the prosecution of this action. ...
    Jan,

I love your attitude. I am glad that someone is going after the "bad guys".

Re: RACKETEERING MOB CHARGES filed Against RipOffReport Owner

For all of you who did not read all the posts. I posted more than two years ago that I had escaped with my reputation intact and no loss of money.

I had blocked that episode from my memory - until an email about a new posting on it.

Check out my Mystery Shopping escapde - http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30510.

Legal & Jan,
    I held my tongue about the RipOffReport "info" that was posted recently for fear of totally verbally ripping the author to shreds, thus leaving myself open to all kinds of lawsuits. Plus, my rant would have taken about 20 pages of bandwidth which would not have been fair to IPIU.

Mr. Magedson, the eyes of IPIU are upon you. (Sorry, Texans)

Let's find him, colleagues!

Tom..
    Tom Tanner
    "If you don't learn something new every day, you're not paying attention." ~my dad~

Kudos to you ...

... for such remarkable restraint, Tom! Perhaps someday when I'm fully grown and mature I will be half as noble.

Magedson & Co are very foolish if they think they can trashtalk IPIU, then hide from the thousands of topnotch PIs who would all love to serve legal process on them. Hah! A slight misstep on their part, ya think? They should have been content to pick on smaller kids than themselves, not some who could "detect" their hideout in a sandstorm.

I'm laughing my brains to bits just thinking about this all afternoon. Some moments you just have to sit back and stretch your arms way-y-y-y behind your head, sigh, and admit that all is right with the world. This is that moment!!

Go collect all that money, co-members! It's only right an IPIU PI should get it.

/Jan

Thanks Legal for putting a smile on my face early this morning. I won't say anything negative about the author of the many threads regarding the ripoff site or the people who jumped on her band wagon. I'm glad you were able to shed some light on the topic and we can all move forward!

Jan- I agree with you about making it a sticky topic.

Have a good day.
    Melinda

Ms Minta Thomson is offline *** Certified SPI

Retired Moderator - Private Investigators Forum
    Professional Management Member of:

Thumbs up I know revenge is a dish best served cold.......but

I wouldnt mind being invited to one huge hotdish potluck on this one ! whew .....hew........Karma ....ba....beeee !

Minta

I would love to be on this case to help bring the bad guys down.Thats what I'm about Justice to the very core,you can take that to bank.I hope who ever is on this case bag the bad guys.IPIU,"all for one and one for all".Cuff-Um!

It's too bad feds aren't allowed to keep service money

[B]I am so glad that someone has finally knocked that s&#t a## off his soap box. I agree with Melinda Carter, and I won't crawl that ladies rear end either. I read all the responses and etc to her response.

Thank you "Legal" for the update information.

I havent been following the info too well, but as long as the appriate people get their just deserves, I will be a happy man!

Get-em!

-Cody

It's about time someone put these individuals in their place, bravo!!!!!

Thumbs up Pedro Rodriguez

This is good, This is real good. With out these kinds of criminals there will be no need for P.I. Lets show them who's the boss.

DJ Moran -- is offline Sr. Moderator:
    (On Leave of Absence)

Certified Distinguished Member

Talking Absolutely GREAT news!!!!!

Thanks for this great information!!! This made MY day.

I have to say that when this was posted upon the forum, I had to bite my lip!!!! literally!!

I refused to justify the post with any comment, mainly because I also would have been setting myself up for a lawsuit!!
    When, I saw it, I saw

I am certainly glad to see this today, and "They will get theirs" in the end.

They can run, but they can't hide, for long anyway!!!

Thank you so much for the updated information. "DJ"

Jean M Durand

I believe that men behavior disregared criminal justice I feel the same way criminal Justice System should disregared his behavior too. This society need to protected. so let's do what we were trained to do.

Law refers to all the rules of conduct established and enforced by the custom,authority or legislation of a group,community or country.

William Brassfield is offline Moderator::
    (On Leave of Absence)

Sr. Distinguished Member:
    Member since 2002
    Pardon my ignorance, but I assume this is the same sorry sack-of-trash that's been causing IPIU all these problems?

I'm gonna feel so dumb when I hear the answer.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by William Brassfield
    Pardon my ignorance, but I assume this is the same sorry sack-of-trash that's been causing IPIU all these problems?

I'm gonna feel so dumb when I hear the answer.
    Hello, I was reading the letter and looking at every word in particular. This fellow talks like a peacher. Could he be attending a church and maybe sit right next to us in church. Or could he be the peacher himself, with a different disguise? Listen to the words of "Giving."

Tammy Rose is offline Moderator (On Leave of Absence)

Distinguished Member:
    Well William don't feel so bad. I have no clue at all myself at what is going on.

Could someone enlighten me please? William be assured your not the only one out here in lala land. I'm sure there are more of us they might be a little embarassed just to say so.

I have been kinda busy so that's my excuse.

TJ

Let's see, do you want salt with that crow. As stated by many don't believe everything you read. You go IPIU.

He was charging clients money for bogus testimontals...did he try to hurt IPIU in the past?? Criminals like him are good for our PI businesses!!!

To All:

Sometimes it seems that the good guys (we are part of the good guys) never get a break. We got a break.

I was involved slightly with those monsters and was lucky to escape without any stain. I am so glad that someone is going to stomp on them.

To all; I hope I get the pleasure of meeting up with these slugs. It would give me a wonderful feeling of satisfaction to see these bug-uglies behind bars. These are the perps that need to be shown reality and that good people will not be taken advantage of.

Criminals like him = job security for IPIU PI's

PERSONAL OPINION Only:

Jan,

I totally agree with you! I'm glad that this issue was taken care off! Hurray! It's was ridiculous!

April

Quote Originally Posted by John Hastings
    From what I can tell, this offer appears to be illegitimate. Neither the company nor the owner has responded to my request for the reward money in exchange for his whereabouts...
    John
    John:

It's a good habit to write the specific name/names of subjects in your reports to avoid confusing easily-confused folks like myself. In this case, surely you don't mean that you have tried to offer the RipOff tortfeasors the reward money you would collect by serving legal process on them once they reveal their hiding places to you?!? Altho that's certainly a creative suggestion, I doubt they'd take the bait. They're up against some serious charges.

Before you jump on the accusatory "fraud" bandwagon so quickly again (haven't we learned a lesson about that in this case already?) there are many legitimate reasons why somebody else would not respond to your offer at this point, even if you're contacting the right people, etc. Once a legal matter is in the case of attorneys everything changes, and few people are going to willingly help you collect a large sum of money while they or their own PIs are working on it themselves. Add to that the fact that whomever you tried to contact probably did not know you from Adam, and I would be very surprised if anyone had jumped to attention when you spoke.

We IPIU members are not acquainted with you, either. I'd love for you to go over to the Code of Ethics Agreement and Mission Statement forum, followed by the Newcomer? Do This FIRST! and sign up in a legitimate fashion! We could then properly welcome you into the group, and you could begin investigating various methods of investigation, so that the next time a large reward is posted for something or someone you'd be in a great position to collect it. Howz about it?

Best of luck, whatever you decide to do.

/Jan

Quote Originally Posted by John Hastings
    I am saying that the "Reward" is highly suspect because of the lack of response by the person offering the reward.
    John, I still don't think that this one criterion - lack of response to you - is enough to make it "highly suspect" given the complete circumstances. When the case has progressed to the point that suit has been filed and they're looking for the defendants to personally serve them, there are many, many people involved and few are going to jump to hand you a large sum of money at this point.

It's always worth further investigation, tho, eh? Since that's what we are supposed to be good at here ...

/Jan

Originally Posted by John Hastings
    I am saying that the "Reward" is highly suspect because of the lack of response by the person offering the reward.
    It takes a little investigation to obtain the name and phone number of the person offering the reward. Otherwise, anyone in the world wide net could just email them to the point of harassment.

Fact: I called them, spoke to the owner, and got the name and phone number of the person working the case. Because I am half way around the world, I will leave it up to those in the USA and Arizona to figure out what took me 15 minutes.

For those of you who have contacted the plaintiff, do NOT post your private conversations in this public topic. If you prefer, privately email news@ipiu.org .

Cheers,

Talking Survey Says.................

Quote Originally Posted by Technical Support
    It takes a little investigation to obtain the name and phone number of the person offering the reward. Otherwise, anyone in the world wide net could just email them to the point of harassment.

Fact: I called them, spoke to the owner, and got the name and phone number of the person working the case. Because I am half way around the world, I will leave it up to those in the USA and Arizona to figure out what took me 15 minutes.

For those of you who have contacted the plaintiff, do NOT post your private conversations in this public topic. If you prefer, privately email news@ipiu.org .

Cheers,
    and the winner is: Micheal King....

as his is the most recent of the legal docs avail for perusal.....

Party Name: Raceway Ford
    Rel: Plaintiff
    Sex: N/A
    Attorney Michael King

Party Names: Badbusinessbureau.com LLC
    Rel: Defendant
    Attorney: Pro per

Party Name: Ed Magidson
    Sex: Male

Party: Technology Alliance Group

Date: 11/9/2004
    F(or): Raceway Ford
    Amt: 1,100.93
    Frequency: One time
    Type: Costs

A(gainst): defendants (1,2 respectfully)

2nd judgement
    Date: 11/9/2004
    F: Raceway Ford
    Amt: 100,000.00
    Frequency: One time
    Type: Principal

How'd I do London?????? Teehee...............Minta

Question ??????

mmmmm.........No replies?? Just wondering if thats the right info ....or if this guy was prosecuted yet????

M

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Minta Thomson
    mmmmm.........No replies?? Just wondering if thats the right info ....or if this guy was prosecuted yet????

M
    It may be one of several law firms after the website owner. There is some very good chatter going on, but most of it states that the attorneys are hush hush until they can step before the news cameras and make a statement.

More bad news for the owner of ripoffreports:

http://www.bad-business-rip-off.com/

And its Good!!!!

Michael Newman is offline Licensed Private Investigator
    Certified

Corporate Agency Associate Member of:
    RipOffReport Owner Begs
    For Money to Defend Multiple Lawsuits!

Letter from RipOff Owner:

"Dear Consumers,

"Urgent Message from Rip-off Report.

"We need your help at this critical time to keep this web site freely accessible to the public. We have incurred and are incurring unmanageable and substantial legal fees in many states. We are being sued because of the Reports. Now we are paying the price. These culprits have targeted us for legal action, forcing us to spend money on what seems to be endless legal fees across the nation. We wish to stress to you that once we take a position on a company, we realize that we place our business in jeopardy. The demands on us are greater than ever. Your help is urgently needed. I hope we can count on you at this pivotal time. We have barely been able to meet the overhead required for the operation and maintenance of the web site, and those costs are growing everyday. Contributions have not generated enough funds to support our work. Now the additional legal expenses may severely affect the operation of Rip-off Report.

"I am asking that you do all you can to help -- today. Please don't say to yourself that others will give and you don't have to. Also, no amount is too small, send what you can, please.

"PLEASE HELP US NOW!

"Remember, YOUR DONATIONS are NOT TAX Deductible

"ED Magedson - Founder, Rip-off Report"
    Looks like he is going downhill fast. No money to answer the lawsuits? And he's asking for cash that is not tax-deductable? Seems fishy.

Malcolm Rheuban is offline **** Certified

Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigator Member
    RICO is a very serious offense; however, only a small percent of all criminals in the federal system are locked up as a result of RICO or a similar crime, Continuing Criminal Enterprise. Conviction of these crimes translates into severe penalties which include the Comprehensive Forfeiture Act of 1984, permitting the government to confiscate all property and money used in the commission of the crime and that is a product of the crime. Additionally, victims of RICO can sue for treble damages in a civil court.

I'm shocked and pleasantly surprised. I had recently looked on their for the bad news on a company I have sinced dropped out of..I like to view their sites just to investigate or look into the possible wrong doings of a company. Now I know that some of it (hopefully most of it) was just vicious "reporting". I have seen bad things about every company that I've looked for.

It is sometimes said that FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real. This appears to be their aim.

RT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast