Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Katrina Private Investigator Victims: Aid & Assistance offered by IPIU.

Arrow

This Topic may contain 2 or more Pages.

PRESS RELEASE:
    August 31, 2005

TO:
    All Hurricane Katrina Private Investigator Victims and their Families:
    Aid & Assistance offered by IPIU.

Office of The President - Canada
    Office of The President - USA

EMERGENCY AID-ASSISTANCE CONTACT:
    David Copeland - Administrator
    Email: katrina.aid@ipiu.org
    Toll Free Aid Line: (To be provided later)

ANNOUNCEMENT:
    On behalf of the International Private Investigators Union - IPIU, our union welfare program is available to all Hurricane Katrina private investigator victims and their families. Although union members will be aided, all other non-union members will also receive aid and assistance to help them stabilize their lives and loss from the recent state of emergency.

To apply, the contact information above includes an email address, and we will be providing a toll free number later.

We also wish to thank the union members who have sustained the International Private Investigators Union IPIU over the past sixteen years to help make this program available to professionals of our trade.

Our very best wishes to all,

Sincerely,

Julia Ann Stewart
    Sr Public Relations Director
    International Private Investigators Union

Press Release Update: September 1, 2005
    We have been receiving requests from IPIU union members to allow them to join our efforts in offering aid to their private investigator colleagues and families who are victims of Hurricane Katrina. Therefore, we have arranged with our Aid Department the following email contacts for those who wish to become a brother or sister donor. Your contact information will remain anonymous and protected at all times.

To become a donor, email the following:

brother.donor@ipiu.org

or

sister.donor@ipiu.org

Press Release Update: September 2, 2005
    Please visit the other link below:

Some of our Private Investigator Hurricane Victim requests

A lot of current investigators have some type of law enforcement background, training, and experience... is there a way to organize us and encourage the local govt. to have them temporarily deputized in New Orleans in order to assist the overwhelmed law enforcement there with the chaos as well as search and rescue since the local law enforcement has been called off search and rescue?
    DON P SWAIN
    Licensed Private Investigator (IN #PD10500049)
    Indiana, USA

First Responder/PI

Quote Originally Posted by Don P Swain
    A lot of current investigators have some type of law enforcement background, training, and experience... is there a way to organize us and encourage the local govt. to have them temporarily deputized in New Orleans in order to assist the overwhelmed law enforcement there with the chaos as well as search and rescue since the local law enforcement has been called off search and rescue?
    Has anyone checked the Louisiana State Police website? I am also a certified EMT-First Responder.
    MICHAEL ROLFES
    Licensed Private Investigator
    Ohio #65199768199
    Indiana #PD19900070

[B]I have lots of family in New Orleans and a friend who lives in Golfport, MS. Everyone seems to have gotten out but one of Uncles could not leave. He is a police officer in New Orleans. He said this is the worse thing hes ever been through. Not sure if hes even been home yet to see if its still there.

Don and Michael,

Thank you for your suggestions and for joining us here. It means a lot to all of us and the 50,000+ IPIU members worldwide.

I do have two items both of you need to do. Since your forum application was approved, the next step is to read and post your agreement to the Code of Ethics asap.

Go here:
    CODE OF ETHICS Link

And the second item is to author your introduction in the following Forum Members Lounge:

Go here:
    Forum Member Introduction's Lounge

To author your introduction in the above forum link, just click on the left button there titled NEW THREAD. The other private Investigators and moderators will be along to welcome you there too.

And Sherri, we are grateful to hear that your family escaped the city. Please keep us posted on their progress.

All my best to everyone,

Robert
    Robert Donovan
    Director - Agent Relations
    Sr. Director - IPIU Ethics Board

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

Security Teams

High Risk Security Teams Available:

In the wake of hurricane Katrina, security has become an issue for government and private sector organizations as they enter the recovery phase.

Our firm specializes in high risk protective services.

We are prepared to quickly deploy teams of professionals who are experienced in high risk security operations in hostile, austere environments.

We are prepared to deliver service in areas that are without power/water/communication.

Our specialized teams provided security support for disaster recovery in Florida in the wake of the Hurricanes this last year and we are ready to provide service in your area immediately.

Our professionals have worked in Afghanistan, Iraq, Africa, and Latin America providing protective services in difficult environments. If you are in contact with organizations that require security please contact us.

[Edited: Needs free upgrade to post specific contact info]

FRANK ANDERSON
    Licensed Private Investigator (FL #A2300099)
    Florida, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rolfes
    Has anyone checked the Louisiana State Police website? I am also a certified EMT-First Responder.

I just sent an email to the governor with my suggestion. I hope it will be considered as it would furnish the city with a temporary pool of trained law enforcement and former law enforcement personnel. I advised, in the case of individuals who are former law enforcement, that they already posses concealed weapons permits in their respective states as one knows that they have passed criminal history checks. In addition some certification of work experience as well (had to get that for the Indiana PI license, figure something like that would work for Louisiana as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Anderson
    If you are in contact with organizations that require security please contact us.
    Frank, thank you for the offer. But first, please go to the following link to apply for a free upgrade to post your contact information and an approved email:

http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19427

Thanks,

Robert

Joyce Jameson - is offline Distinguished Member of:
    Private Investigators Forums

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    I just want to say how absolutely proud I am to belong to a union that is willing to help out like this, Thank you IPIU!
    Joyce

I am currently in Law Enforcement and am very willing to help the Louisiana police if anyone is able to form a team together. Also, to IPIU, thank you for what you are doing. You make me proud to be a member of such an elite and careing organization.

My heart and prayers goes out to those in Louisiana and other areas in need, and to the families that may have lost loved ones in this tragic time.

Katrina Efforts

What an awesome organization!! I can't believe the efforts being made by IPIU and I am so excited to be a part of such a wonderful organization... Good Luck to all of you waiting to hear from someone out in Louisianna and surrounding areas hit by Katrina and may those who are directly effected by this tragedy know that our thoughts and prayers are will you all!

Autumn

I think that it is great that IPIU is helping out people in this horrible disaster. If there is anything that I can do please let me know and I will be more then happy to help any person or family in this great time of need.
    Sincerely,
    Maria Beecher

Flora Porter is offline * Certified SPI
    Distinguished Member of Private Investigators Forum

Thanks IPIU

Anything I can do??

Sincerely,
    Flora Porter

Mr. Donovan,

I am currently an investigator who did have family and friends in the general area of the hurricane, but they made it through okay. I'm really honored to be an investigator with such a caring organization. If there is anything I can do please let me know? I'd like to do whatever I can? This is a life changing event that effects all of us...near and far. My thoughts and prayers go out too all in the Gulf Coast area..

Juan Allen

Does IPIU have any fund or program that the member can contribute money to for the people in the disaster areas?
    I personally am not able to travel down there to help, but the least I could do is contribute funds to help.

-Robert

I also just wanted to say how proud I am to be a part of International Private Investigators Union.
    Cha'Reatha L. Givens
    Seek & You Shall Find..
    Private Investigator/Case Examiner
    Badge#6841

Is there an address or website that we can contribute to the aide of the people in the disaster?

Two years ago thousands of peoples died in Dominican Republic and Haiti because of a severe rain storms and mud slides. It was so devastating and difficult for me to watch those pictures on TV and read the newspapers.

I was born there in a remote country village, in northwest Dominican Republic, not too far from the border near Haiti. Today I feeI the same way. I sendt in money to help. My heart really goes to those that are struggling in those affected areas of Huracane Katrina.

May god bless everyone at IPIU for thier support in this cause......

I just want to say I am proud to be an IPIU member and the help they are do for this disaster. I am currently working on getting a job in Florida. Hopefully I get down there soon. I have 14 yrs in construction and wouldn't mind in helping them rebuild in which ever state they needed the most help in.

Thank you, Robert.

My Uncle still hasn't been home yet, my friend from Gulfport... they got a sky view of the area where their house was and it's flatten, so is his mother's just down the street.

They are in Alabama right now not knowing what to do. They just bought the houses 3 months ago. They were both 150 year old houses, wow what a shame.

And I will keep you posted.

Thumbs up Way To Go Ipiu!!

I too am proud that IPIU Steps up everytime. If there is any way I might be of some help please contact me.

And God Bless one and all ......

Horonio, too all members and non-members,

It's a terrible thing too see all the images on the news, hear about the devastation and destruction on the radio, and all the pain this hurricane has caused so many families lives, not just on a local scale, but nationally. It's also very important to think about the members of those families and friends in Iraq. Who I can imagine are finding it very difficult too keep things into perspective and foucs on their agendas there. Because of the crisis here at home. You know they are thinking about their friends and family at home? You know the news has gotten to them as well and my heart goes out to them also. But I know that as in times past when negative events such as 9/11 and this happen. Eventually, we, as a nation will pull things together and bounce back. "We fall down-but we get up.." We will get back up again..

My thoughts and prayers to all.. God Bless

Juan Allen

Press Release Update: September 2, 2005
    We have been receiving requests from IPIU union members to allow them to join our efforts in offering aid to their private investigator colleagues and families who are victims of Hurricane Katrina. Therefore, we have arranged with our Aid Department the following email contacts for those who wish to become a brother or sister donor. Your contact information will remain anonymous and protected at all times.

brother.donor@ipiu.org

or

sister.donor@ipiu.org

May you all be blessed for your prayers and efforts,

Julia

I would love to volunteer helping law enforcement out there...
    I have an extense military background. I am not a peace officer but I am sure they will need help from people willing to...

My mother and step father lives in New Orleans; good news, they both are with me now. However my mother is on a fixed income with SSI, she cant get access to now. She is allso a diabetic and is on other medications, as well as my step father is on medication. He is employed with the city of New Orleans, but has no way of getting
    his check. They only have the cloths on their backs. What ever aid you give would be greatly appreciated Reginald Hamilton

REGINALD HAMILTON
    Licensed Private Investigator (LA 4416-030900)
    Hamilton Investigation,s

I want to add also that my family have offered our house to shelter a family and we donated money to the Red Cross...But Is it that enough???

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos L Misis
    We donated money to the Red Cross...But Is it that enough???
    Thank you, Marcos, for helping through the Red Cross. Tht is a wonderful organization. Is it enough? Yes, if that is what you feel comfortable with.

I will add that the International Private Investigators Union is a fraternal unon of brothers and sisters who share a common bond of being private investigators. Perhaps our bond is unique in knowing that we can also help each other. If you fee so incline, please rad the first post in this thread where I have posted some contact email address to further help your brother and sister members.

Also, here is another link you may wish to look at:

Some of our Private Investigator Hurricane Victim requests

May you be blessed for your goodness,

Julia

Thank you Steven!

Juan Allen: thanks for your kings words,it's truth we will get up again...

I want to agree with Don Swain regarding the assets that IPIU has at the ready.There are many of us with former law enforcement experience that are ready to assist.. Can you forward this message to FEMA, Dept of Justice, Homeland Security etc etc

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Duff
    I want to agree with Don Swain regarding the assets that IPIU has at the ready.There are many of us with former law enforcement experience that are ready to assist.. Can you forward this message to FEMA, Dept of Justice, Homeland Security etc etc
    Yes, we are in communication with the departments. And your offer is very well appreciated. You may wish to also read Post#1 and email your offer to the new email address to donate your time or other resources. We expect that there will be great need for months to come.

Also, please click on the following link to apply for a free upgrade to your signature contact information:

Want to provide your Email/Website to other PI's?

Quote Originally Posted by Julia Ann Stewart
    Press Release Update: September 1, 2005

brother.donor@ipiu.org

or

sister.donor@ipiu.org

Can someone tell me what a brother or sister donor means?

Thanks,

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Roberts
    Can someone tell me what a brother or sister donor means?

Thanks,
    A donor donates either time and/or financial assistance or other commodities to private investigator victims and their families.

Oh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up for me David

Robert Davis is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Corporate Agency Member of:
    Thanks for the info...

Thanks

I also commend and am proud to belong to this great and caring organization. I wish I had previous law enforcement and expertise to help with this daunting task. I will though donate whatever I can monetarily to help those poor people displaced by this terrible storm. God bless all of you!!

Tom Conley

Hurricane Katrina

I have not been on IPIU website in a while now, but when I logged on today and began to see and read the many responses and everyone's willingness to help out, it did my heart some good. I am thankful for being a member of an organization that care about people. Even though I don't have any family members over there I send my support and my prayers to God for the people that are over there. My heart goes out to all of them. My heart is not rejoicing because of all the lives that have been lost. It is rejoicing because of all those that have survived. I will help in every way I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Brown
    I have not been on IPIU website in a while now, but when I logged on today and began to see and read the many responses and everyone's willingness to help out, it did my heart some good. I am thankful for being a member of an organization that care about people. Even though I don't have any family members over there I send my support and my prayers to God for the people that are over there. My heart goes out to all of them. My heart is not rejoicing because of all the lives that have been lost. It is rejoicing because of all those that have survived. I will help in every way I can.
    It is good to see you again, Nancy. And thank you for your kind remarks.
    Mary Warner, Moderator

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    BBB A+ Rating Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 21st Year Serving 41,932 Members
    CALL IPIU TODAY TO JOIN: 800-548-1526

Flora Porter is offline * Certified SPI
    Distinguished Member of Private Investigators Forum

Quote Originally Posted by David Copeland
    Yes, we are in communication with the departments. And your offer is very well appreciated. You may wish to also read Post#1 and email your offer to the new email address to donate your time or other resources. We expect that there will be great need for months to come.

Also, please click on the following link to apply for a free upgrade to your signature contact information:

Want to provide your Email/Website to other PI's?
    Hello IPIU,

Another site to visit to help with Katrina victims NOLA.COM

Here you will find other links to Homeland
    Security and "FEMA"
    volunteers services and homes..

FP Recovery

Jason McLaughlin

Hey, (I'm Jason McLaughlin).

I'm in Covington, LA just north of New Orleans. I'm logged in here on Cindy Frith's laptop running off a generator with a sat internet connetion. We have power restored to most food stores and some gas stations. The National Guard and Marines have been great. We have plenty of water and MRE's.
    The damage here is unreal. More is happening than the media is reporting with regards to civil unrest, but for the most part that's all over with here.
    I'm going into Slidell now to see if our office, Passaro Investigations, is still there.

Never give up.

Jase.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast