Thread: TV NEWS Story: PI's Accessing Personal Data Restrictions?

Arrow TV NEWS Story: PI's Accessing Personal Data Restrictions?

This TV News Video (link below) was aired on KTVU Virginia on June 20. It points out the issues surrounding Private Investigators and their access to personal data.

Worth a watch.

http://www.ktvu.com/video/4624281/detail.html

(Important Note: If the above link does not work, it may be because you have software protection running on your PC. Try holding down the CTL Key on your keyboard and then clicking on the link for it to load.)

Or, click here: http://www.ipiu.org/images/web/ktvu sample.asx]PI News Review Story[/URL]

--
    Matthew

Thanks for the link!

Thank you for submitting that clip, I personally do not agree with the comment made...
    I look at the matter almost the same as gun control...Taking away the legal allowance to something doesnt prevent those of illegal methods from obtaining what it is there after...But I do believe in strict monitoring to limit the likely hood

Ed Dufresne

Thumbs down

you know I totally agree with Ed it always take one bad apple to make the whole bunch rotten if they make this hard for us then how are we suppose to do back ground checks and find missing children murders they need to reevaluate this all because of this situtation

Joyce Jameson - is offline Distinguished Member of:
    Private Investigators Forums

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    I agree, if they do this it will only make it harder for us but without a doubt the 'bad guys' will have a way around it before anybody else does. If somebody is out there planning on stealing an identity they will find a way to do it, I do worry about it and I do not know what the answer is.
    It's the same as when the movie industry adds more & more technology to protect their products, there's a kid sitting in a room somewhere finding a way to crack it before the technology is even released.
    My 2 cents
    Joyce

Thumbs up

mad I know Joyce that is so sad we are not protected anyway it goes so what kind of investagating our you interested in.

Vicki McCarthy - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Thanks for the link

Identity theft is not unique to the computerized era. In 1975, a female postal worker had used my identy to buy merchandise from a mail order concern, totaling in the thousands, and I only found out because UPS called me for a street address, they do not deliver to PO Boxes. We found her through the box number at the post office.

No matter if Identity theft or gun control, those that do illegal things will do them, whatever the method. It is a kind of ignorance that makes people think that they can stop a thief by making his/her tools illegal as well as his/her actions.

this is to the resoponse to the personthat wanted tro know how to change the font just goto advanced