Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I finished my first case. The manager had about $30,000 dollars in inventory missing!

Hey Everyone,

I finished my first case. I was working in an appliance warehouse. The manager had about $30,000 dollars in inventory missing during the last 4 months.

I posed as an employee going through a new training program that allowed me access to all departments for "training purposes".

During my investigation, I found out that one of the sales people had a " little side business" happening. After becoming good buddies with him by hanging out at the local strip club together, I let him know that I had just moved to town and was really frustrated trying to put together my new apartment. He told me if I wanted he could set up the opportunity for me to get microwave, and a stereo, and a few other items real cheap. He said that if I could get a truck and meet him at the warehouse one evening after closing hours, he could help me out.

I contacted the owner of the warehouse to see how he wanted to proceed and we decided to get the police involved. We decided that the police would just happen to show up as we loaded the rental truck I had arranged. Everything went really smooth and boy was he suprised when he realized what had happened.

I am glad to say that my first assignment was a success and I look forward to many more.

Great Job Robert!

That is so awesome! I love to see the success stories. Congratulations and hope to hear more stories from you! Have a great evening.

Thanks nicole

Robert,

I am doing this type of internal fraud discovery where I am employed now but without even a thank you for saving the company big $$ and of course no bonus. It will be great to be able to be paid for catching the bad guys.

Hello Roniece, Keep up the good work, I know it's hard sometimes when you don't feel appreciated, but the money and the rewards will come if you keep at it. Good Luck

Lisa Frye - is offline Certified SPI
    Licensed Private Investigator

Moderator (On Leave of Absence)
    Sr. Distinguished Union Member
    Wow how exciting that must have been. Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm glad that you are doing so well.

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Elliott Samuels
    Hello Roniece, Keep up the good work, I know it's hard sometimes when you don't feel appreciated, but the money and the rewards will come if you keep at it. Good Luck
    Thanks Robert for the vote of confidence. I received my application today and will send it back tomorrow. First step done!

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Thanks, Robert, for sharing your first assignment with us.

(If anyone wishes to privately discuss the confidential details, please visit the Level 4 Access forums that are not in the public areas)

David

Its really good to read about assignments. Not only does it teach us a few things but it also makes me anxious to get out there and make a difference.

Thanks for sharing your success story :-)

Susana

Thumbs up Awesome!

Hey Robert,

WOW, it was great to hear about your first assignment success.

Now I can see myself with my feet in the starting blocks ready to go as soon as the gun sounds.

Keep up the good work!!!

Deb

Chris Towns is offline ***
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Robert way to go !! Did you allow the police to arrest you (?) with the other person to continue your undercover status?Or were you out of that scene ??

Jerome O Isaac-- is offline Sr. Distinguished Member:

2007 Honorary Ambassador of Good Will
    Greetings Robert, sorry for the late reply, but, that must of been very exciting for you, way to go!

I'm glad it went smoothly I also want to wish you, much more success in all your endeavors.

Have a great day; and keep up the good work.

Thumbs up Good work.

You played it smooth. I'm happy to hear of great P.I. success stories. I wish you the best of wishes on many more cases you recieve. Again, Great work.

Pedro Jr.

Exciting

Sounds wonderful and I can't wait to get my very first assignment. Smooth on joining him at the strip joint...probably had NO CLUE!
    Good cover.
    Hey Everyone,

I finished my first case. I was working in an appliance warehouse. The manager had about $30,000 dollars in inventory missing during the last 4 months.

I posed as an employee going through a new training program that allowed me access to all departments for "training purposes".

During my investigation, I found out that one of the sales people had a " little side business" happening. After becoming good buddies with him by hanging out at the local strip club together, I let him know that I had just moved to town and was really frustrated trying to put together my new apartment. He told me if I wanted he could set up the opportunity for me to get microwave, and a stereo, and a few other items real cheap. He said that if I could get a truck and meet him at the warehouse one evening after closing hours, he could help me out.

I contacted the owner of the warehouse to see how he wanted to proceed and we decided to get the police involved. We decided that the police would just happen to show up as we loaded the rental truck I had arranged. Everything went really smooth and boy was he suprised when he realized what had happened.

I am glad to say that my first assignment was a success and I look forward to many more.

Robert ~

Man, that story just gets me more excited to get to Level 4 and my test! It must have been such an adrenaline rush. I can't wait to share my own like stories!

Jim

First Case

Wow! That's great! I can not wait to get out there.

A great account of a smooth operation... wait until your first moving surveillance! Oy!

Good job. I know it must have felt good to have him caught in the act.

Lori Copaus is offline PI Agency Corporation Owner
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:
    Job Well done.

Lori E. Copaus
    P. I. Trainee

Thumbs up

Hey Everyone,

Sounds so exciting. I can't wait for my first assignment. How long did it take to get it. From the time you got your test results?
    You went in deep, a strip club you go boy.

Good Luck

Your story is a good one. Keep up the good work! Arthur

This is a rather late reply, but as a newcomer, it is great to hear of others experiences and successes. Thanks for sharing and hope you continue to do so.

Robin

Thomas J Nicol is offline Ambassador of Good Will
    International Private Investigators Union

Sr. Distinguished Member
    Robert,

What a great experience you had. I'm happy to hear all went well. It's experiences like yours that help give other members the "nudge" to move forward, and overall helps everybody.

Trust you are having additional success. Thanks for sharing, and take care,

TJ

Wonderful job, isn't it great when everything just falls into place. Red handed, Great job

Wow what a way to start...Good Job...

Hello Robert,
    Magnificient Job! Smart move. I am glad the offender got caught and the move you had utilized, made your day, the police, and above all the client! I would love to do this type of work! God Bless You!
    Patrice-Maria Love

Awesome, every first assignment should go that way! Sounds so exciting!
    Great job!!!
    Cheryl

Kalvin Kelly is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Corporate Agency Member of:
    Good job Robert, keep up the good work. Kalvin Kelly

Incoronata Travaglione is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:
    That Is Great Robert Keep Up The Good Work

Incoronata Travaglione

Robert,
    Great story. How did you get that type of assignment?
    Pedro Garcia

Sounds great!

I'm sure your adrenaline was pumping! It reminds me of my first assignment (really my only assignment) in the early 90's. For me it was a high profile electronics company, and it was the security (in-house) that was corrupt. Fraud, drug use, theft.... The list went on and on. The end was significantly less exciting for me. I "went off to college" and quit my "job." The next week the company came in and fired the whole lot of them. I don't know where it went from there, I just did my job and moved on. Congratulations on your first assignment. Here's to many more!

Regards,
    Shawn

Peace! Congratulations! I am looking forward to my first assignment and hope that it will be the same kind of great experience you had. Thanks for your story. It was truly inspiring.

Robert,

Thanks for giving us the story of events, i live for little tidbits of field work until i can get into level 4. Then the reading will really intrigue me. Just a note, when i reach level 4 i may look you up for more details on prior police contact and etc.

Great Job

Great story Robert. It is great when you can have a case end like that and nobody gets hurt!!!

Smile

Great testimonial! Sounds really exciting I can't wait for my first assignment; fantastic entry!

Lynne Knight is offline Certified Distinguished Member

(Retired Moderator)
    Corporate Agency Member of:
    From your first assignment until your current assignment, may they all go as smoothly, (most of them do). I feel THIS profession more than ANY I know of, has FAR more GOOD than BAD. Fun Stuff. Thank you for this post!

wow thats vry intresting congratulations

I am very proud of you Robert. Continue to tell us more stories. This makes me more anxious now in receiving my first assignment.

Good morning everyone!

That's a wonderful story from Robert Elliott Samuels. Those crooked people are hard to detect sometimes, because they are very smart in monkey business. A lot of times, they often victimized the new comers (immigrants/aliens) or innocent employees that they thought no read no write in English. Otherwise, they call them, "Chiwawa".

"Robert, thumbs up for your successful discovery!".

I myself have been overseen many people who have great abilities to cheat, especially in hospitality business. What makes me mad, when they firinginnocent employees or got set up to save their horrible backbone, and the top management have to agreed with those monster.

Keep up the good job, Robert and good luck to all. "Let's clean up this earth."

Luz

Great Job!
    Laritza G.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast