Thread: Private Investigator Internship Program

Arrow How to register for the Private Investigator Internship Program

TO REGISTER FOR THE PI INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:

Request the COMBINED PACKAGE at $99/month:
    CLICK HERE

Includes receiving your:

ORDER LINK 1 (Click Here) for: Private Investigators Photo Credentials (Union License)

And choosing a:
    ORDER LINK 2 (Click Here) for: Professional Union Plan

Or - SAVE TIME and Request the COMBINED PACKAGE:
    COMBINED ORDER LINK (Click Here) for:
    PI PHOTO CREDENTIALS & MANAGEMENT UNION MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE

Private Investigator Interns:

PRE-REFERRAL PROGRAM:

Note: This program is primarily based in North America, with the majority of agencies in the USA. Many USA agencies do provide international opportunities. Where the automatic international opportunities are limited, then IPIU can assist international union members in establishing their own international private investigator's agency through our Colorado PI Agency License Program which will aid members in receiving many more assignments.

1 - If you do not currently possess a license as a private investigator, attorney, or certified police officer, you may request PI PHOTO CREDENTIALS & MANAGEMENT UNION MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE - which includes a Criminal Records Registration (CRR) application;

To ORDER online, go here:
    http://www.privateinvestigators.cc/p...oducts_id=1600

Or, call 406-534-0251 or 800-548-1526

2 - Upon acceptance of your CRR application and following initial screening, you will be provided with federal documents - which includes an FBI fingerprint card for your prints to be taken by a local law enforcement agency or the optional Personal Identification Card which only requires your drivers license; requirements for photo's for your IPIU Private Investigator Photo Credentials; a Code of Ethics (COE) pledge requiring signature; and a Benefits Letter explaining what benefits you have attained at this stage in the internship program.

Also after receipt of your CRR application, agencies will be notified that you are in processing, pending the completion of the Internship program and Training Manual open-book test. Agencies can be either regional, state, or international.

3 - You will be provided your validated Private Investigator Photo Credentials (or PI Union License), Private Investigator Operations Training Manual and open-book test, a Membership certificate, an online Benefits access explaining what additional benefits you have attained at this stage, and an optional Badge order form for the purchase of a professional Private Investigator - Case Examiner badge. Read through the Training Manual, take the test, and return it in for grading;

4 - Please allow 1-2 weeks processing time of your test before you begin receiving access to the agencies that offer on-the-job paid training. Usually, your Forum Access will be upgraded within 7-14 days to permit you access to assignments that are available immediately in the private forums.

We strongly encourage members to take a very active part in the Private Investigators Forum to align themselves with coaches and other professional private investigators from around the world, and to take advantage of the wealth of tips and strategies in making their career an exciting and interesting choice. Many agencies have asked IPIU to provide them with their own private assignment and training forum here at the website. Many agency owners, managers, and law firms read the forums, and pay attention to the trainee's progress in the use of these new tools and skills. If you have not already done so, please click on this topic link titled "Newcomers do this First" and follow the instructions: Click Here!

Remember, a humble and teachable attitude will get you miles ahead of the others who never achieve a success. (Arrogance will place you behind). So remember to show respect, and you will gain more positive opportunities in your pursuit to become a private investigator.

INSTANT REGISTRATION:

1 - Again, if you do not have any of the above licenses or credentials, you may authorize PI PHOTO CREDENTIALS & MANAGEMENT UNION MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE - which includes a Criminal Records Registration (CRR) application either online or by phone at 406-534-0251 or 800-548-1526

and . . .

2 - An optional Badge order form for the purchase of a professional Private Investigator - Case Examiner badge.

Licensed Professionals Only:

You can become a member of IPIU and enjoy all the benefits the membership of your choice brings by visiting here: Click here for Membership options

Or, review the online plans here:
    http://www.privateinvestigators.cc/index.php?cPath=67

We will send you membership documents to complete and sign including the Code of Ethics (COE) pledge. By returning these documents along with a photocopy of your state-issued license, you will have access to additional job postings and other employment opportunities. (You may include a state license as a private investigator, attorney, or certified police officer)

You will also have the option of receiving an IPIU Photo Credential and the Private Investigator Operations Training Manual as well.

IPIU REFERENCES:

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    BBB A+ Rating Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 21st Year Serving 41,932 Members

Arrow Private Investigator Internship Program

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS:

Question: I am currently an IPIU Member. Does my IPIU membership already include the Internship Program? Or do I need to upgrade?

Answer: All of the personal IPIU memberships include the Internship, except for those who have the Economy Preferred Membership. If you have the Economy Membership, then you can upgrade to the Management Membership. Click Here for the Details

If you do not know what IPIU membership you have, just ask and a moderator can look it up for you.

Question: Do you get paid as a INTERNSHIP?

Answer: Yes. The Internship Program includes Academic Training, Interactive Forum Software Training, Interactive Forum Assignments, and Referrals which provide on-the-job paid training for assignments.

Question: Are there any requirements for to get in the Internship program?

Answer: The Internship Requirements are:
    1. Age 18 and over (no maximum age as long as in basic good health)
    2. Current Driver's License or State Identification Card
    3. No warrants that are outstanding
    4. If applicant has a felony record in the past 3 years or is on parole (not probation), then they need to request pre-approval by emailing legal.affairs@ipiu.org
    5. Although a High School or GED is helpful, if not they must have at least a High School Level of English and Basic Math (which ties into report writing and structured thinking skills)
    6. The Internship can be applied online through the Ecommerce credit card site, or they can call the toll free number at 800-548-1526.

Question: What is the total cost of the "internship"?

Answer: Click Here

Question: Does this cost of "internship" also make me a member of the IPIU?

Answer: Yes, for a full year. Your renewal for the next year drops substantially.

Re: Private Investigator Internship Program

Hi, This thread indicates that this membership and program is certified in the USA. I live in Toronto, Canada, will it be reconized here? and if not would anyone know how I can get this done in Canada?

John G - is offline Retired Forum Moderator

Private Investigators Forums
    Sponsored by the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bulatovic View Post
    Hi, This thread indicates that this membership and program is certified in the USA. I live in Toronto, Canada, will it be reconized here? and if not would anyone know how I can get this done in Canada?
    Hey Steve.

Welcome to IPIU.

What I understand is the the program does work in Canada. The rates for membership and other items from IPIU's PI store would be slightly different because of currency conversion, etc.

What I will be happy to do is to let the admins know you're asking this question, and they can provide a more positive answer to your question.

Have a good one.

Johnny

Thanks Jonny! that would be great if you could pass on the message.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bulatovic View Post
    Thank you for your question. Because this topic was authored 4 years ago, I chose to update it for you and others who may be interested in our international program:

Note: This program is primarily based in North America, with the majority of agencies in the USA. Many USA agencies do provide international opportunities. Where the automatic international opportunities are limited, then IPIU can assist international union members in establishing their own international private investigator's agency through our Colorado PI Agency License Program which will aid members in receiving many more assignments.

The certification may not be recognized by a government licensing authority, but it is certified through the union's Department of Education. Also, where licensing is a challenge, we offer a variety of options, including a sponsorship or incorporation of your own agency.

Please review Post #1 of this topic again for the changes.

Cynthia Ford
    Administrator - IPIU
    ----------

Walter Brown is offline *
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Hi I am already a member what do I do to join the internship program

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Brown View Post
    Hi I am already a member what do I do to join the internship program
    Walter,

Because you have a Management Membership and not the Economy Membership, you do not need to upgrade.

All you need to do is go to your Level 4 Benefits link and look for the item titled Internship Program.

For all others, please read the following:

Question: I am currently an IPIU Member. Does my IPIU membership already include the Internship Program? Or do I need to upgrade?

Answer: All of the personal IPIU memberships include the Internship, except for those who have the Economy Preferred Membership. If you have the Economy Membership, then you can upgrade to the Management Membership. Click Here for the Details

If you do not know what IPIU membership you have, just ask and a moderator can look it up for you.

Im thinking about doing an internship. I live in Virginia, wil it be good here?

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Sealey View Post
    Im thinking about doing an internship. I live in Virginia, wil it be good here?
    Hello Keith!

Yes, Virginia is an excellent choice for the Internship. You can either choose the full package here:
    http://www.privateinvestigators.cc/p...oducts_id=1600

Or, you can break it up into twp payments:

Payment 1:
    http://www.privateinvestigators.cc/p...roducts_id=701

Payment 2:
    http://www.privateinvestigators.cc/p...roducts_id=700

Remember too, your renewal next year will DROP to only $99 as a fraternal member of the International Private Investigators Union, and will include a FREE PI Union License Photo ID Renewal.

We'd love you have you,

Donna

Donna Reagan
    DHS Certified

START WITH TRUST

Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

John Sanderson is offline Lifetime Member

Corporate Agency Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

I've only begun reading this thread, but wanted to post to subscribe to it. So far, considering that I'm a management member, I feel this info is critical.
    Thank-you
    John Sanderson

Wow!!! I've finished reading all the posts in this thread, and it has been extremely helpful!
    I would like to adress the international community with my following thoughts;
    The beautiful USA is comprised of people from all nations. Private Investigators are hired to investigate people more often then not. I personally don't know anyone who can say with certainty that thier family tree started in the USA. I believe that persons outside the US know that.
    With that being said I'd like to add that with Canada, and Mexico being neighbors to us, there is a great and valuable NEED for members in these areas. I am personally glad you've chosen to look at this union as an option Steve.
    There is no doubt in my mind that you would be an absolut asset to this union, concidering that your in another country. Maybe a moderator could post a link that I don't have readily available to me right now, to the retainer section of the IPIU store. This is a means of obtaining paid help from union members outside this forum.
    I hope that you join this union, and profit from all it has to offer.
    I apologize for posting off topic, but I felt it absolutly necessary to address Steve's concerns about this union.
    If this message is moved, PLEASE make sure he gets to see it.
    Thank-you Steve and moderators.
    John Sanderson

Arthur Jackson - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:

I'm interested in the P.I. internship program.I'm a level 4 member, what do I have to do to get involved in that program. I don't want to miss any training, especially if it's free. I want to move forward and I'm really interested in an "Executive Courier" position, when and if it comes up! Thanks in advance...Aj

William Paugh is offline * Certified SPI

To Whom It May Concern,

I am considering the career of private investigations in the State of Ohio. However I live on the border of Ohio and West Virginia. My questions are as follows.

1. Is there an internship in the State Of Ohio

2. I may have oer looked it but is there an additional cost for the internship.

and last but not least

3. I am a very blunt person, and i dont mean to step on anyones toes with that in mind, Is this a hoax. I have read several articles from different school promising this and that, yet no one states that they can/will do as you offer (id, internship,buisness cards etc.)

I just want to make sure that my money is well spent before i purchase anything.

Thankyou For Your Time

ok let me ask this question, providing i pass the test that you provide, i do not need to get a state lic. to be a lic. private invest. if i purchase on of your backages. i live in ohio, i just wanted to make sure i was reading things right.
    thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by William Paugh View Post

1. Is there an internship in the State Of Ohio
    Answer: Yes

2. I may have oer looked it but is there an additional cost for the internship.
    Answer: No

There are optional additional items you can purchase, such as a custom engraved Badge/Wallet, but they are not required nor needed to obtain training or work.

I have read several articles from different schools promising this and that, yet no one states that they can/will do as you offer (id, internship,buisness cards etc.)
    That is because schools are not associations or unions. Schools only focus on academic training and not how to actually put your training to work. Some schools offer a free "referral" list of agencies to apply for. But IPIU does not just "refer". IPIU's job bank contains agencies and employers who actually have the openings, cases, and assignments.

Schools do not focus on acquiring a third-party ID card which monitors your professional conduct while performing assignments - very much like a drivers license that monitors your driving conduct while operating a motor vehicle. While a state issued PI License monitors conduct, what happens to the 50,000 private investigators who cannot qualify for a state PI license in order for them to qualify for work where their conduct must be monitored? The answer and solution is the PI Union License (which was approved by IPIU 20 years ago in 1989.

IPIU is a one-stop to all of the basic needs an intern private investigator needs. And overall, our costs are extremely low because union dues help offset our costs, unlike high priced academic schools who charge from $700 to $3000 for a course.

Our promises are backed up by the thousands of unsolicited testimonials (See IPIU References in Post #1 of this topic).

3. I am a very blunt person, and i dont mean to step on anyones toes with that in mind, Is this a hoax?
    If it were, then IPIU would have been shut down twenty years ago when it was first founded. Any organization which has thrived for twenty years and amassed over 40,000 members must be doing something right!

Do we have our critics? Of course! As one writer wrote, "All Good will be Attacked". But they are the very few.

We also have the strictest Oath & Code of Ethics on the Internet. The result? Even IPIU has to abide by its own Oath.

I just want to make sure that my money is well spent before i purchase anything.
    Absolutely! And personally, I suggest you walk before you run with starting out with just the basics. As you progress and feel good about your success, we'd be delighted to offer you more upgrades to hundreds of optional services, products, and services.

But from our records, we know the Intern Program is the most sought after service we have for newcomers.

Any questions, call 800-548-1526 or 406-534-0251

All my best,

Robert
    Robert Donovan
    Director - Agent Relations
    Sr. Director - IPIU Ethics Board

START WITH TRUST

thankyou so much for your response, that in itself goes along way. thankyou again.

ok let me ask this question, providing i pass the test that you provide, i do not need to get a state lic. to be a lic. private invest. if i purchase on of your backages. i live in ohio, i just wanted to make sure i was reading things right.
    thankyou
    William,

The PI Union License (photo credentials) are not a replacement for a state PI license, although both types of licenses monitor your professional conduct while performing assignments. For those who cannot at this time qualify for their state PI license, the PI Union License is issued to identify you as a private investigator union member whose conduct is monitored to help satisfy your employer's or client's desires.

The PI Union License includes dates of your fingerprinting, criminal records registration, membership expiration date, concealed weapons permit info, and certification date. This is very helpful to someone like me who would hire a union member, and not want to spend a whole lot of money doing the same. The PI Union License also expedites the hiring process to many of the agencies here. As a matter of fact, I require all of my investigators to have a current PI Union License.

Now that I have drifted off topic here, please post only what has to do with the intern program here. I have posted in your training thread, please post non-related questions and comments there.

I hope that this has been helpful.

Hi guys.
    I've been swamped with work lately and I've been thing about getting a college kid to come in a few days to help out.
    Would it be possible for me to offer some training and work experience to an intern in NV. I prefer someone local.

John,
    Thankyou so much for the information, it is very helpful. I am still debating the pros and cons, but how ever i am leaning towards the goal of becoming a IPUI member in the very near future. I hope that all the articles are true to their nature, and that all the help i need is just a "phone call or email away". I once again thankyou John for your response. I hope to talk to you in the near future. Have a wonderful day.

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

DHS Certified

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Opperman View Post
    Hi guys.
    I've been swamped with work lately and I've been thing about getting a college kid to come in a few days to help out.
    Would it be possible for me to offer some training and work experience to an intern in NV. I prefer someone local.
    Ed, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page and choose the item titled "I need to Hire a Private Investigator". In the Message box include all of the details you are offering.

(I turned off your signature because this is a public topic which is not designed for direct solicitation)

Donna Reagan
    DHS Certified

START WITH TRUST

Johnny M McDonald-- is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:

Hi. I just paid to renew my membership and passed the test for level 4. I am hearing about the internship program and it sounds really interesting. Since I just paid to renew I am wondering how much more it would cost me to move up to the internship program. Appreciate your replys
    John McDonald - Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny M McDonald View Post
    Hi. I just paid to renew my membership and passed the test for level 4. I am hearing about the internship program and it sounds really interesting. Since I just paid to renew I am wondering how much more it would cost me to move up to the internship program. Appreciate your replys
    John McDonald - Texas
    Because you already have a full Economy Plan and PI Union License with your renewal, all you need to pay for is the Professional Management Upgrade Plan is $79.88, plus the Professional Award Diploma & Frame of $49.96 - which totals $129.84.

You can make your payment using the above links, or you can call the office at 406-534-0251 or 800-548-1526 and ask for either Tim or Jean.

START WITH TRUST

BBB A+ Rating Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 28th Year Serving 47,932 Members
    CALL IPIU TODAY TO JOIN: 406-534-0251

Walter Brown is offline *

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Question: I am currently a Management IPIU Member. Does my IPIU membership already include the Internship Program?

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Brown View Post
    Question: I am currently a Management IPIU Member. Does my IPIU membership already include the Internship Program?
    Because you already have a full Professional Management Plan and PI Union License with your renewal, all you need to pay for is the Professional Award Diploma & Frame of $49.96.

You can make your payment using the above links, or you can call the office at 406-534-0251 or 800-548-1526 and ask for either Tim or Jean.

I am learning a lot and am very interested in upgrading to Level 4 to participate in the Private Investigators Internship Program. Best to all, acquiring credentials needed to start work. Looking forward to assignments in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya Willis Bourgo View Post
    I am learning a lot and am very interested in upgrading to Level 4 to participate in the Private Investigators Internship Program. Best to all, acquiring credentials needed to start work. Looking forward to assignments in the near future.
    Tanya,

By happenstance, I was just reading another thread where a dear friend and colleague is having an epiphany, and progressing in the internship program.

As for your desire to gain an access upgrade to level four, might I recommend the following linked membership? It is the membership I started out with, and served me quite well until I upgraded, After opening my own agency.
    http://www.privateinvestigator.cc/pr...oducts_id=1600

All my best.
    John Sanderson

Task Force Investigations
    Logistics Department

David Liang is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

hmm...interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by David Liang View Post
    hmm...interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Donovan View Post
    QUESTIONS & ANSWERS:

Answer: All of the personal IPIU memberships include the Internship, except for those who have the Economy Preferred Membership.
    David, it's free if you want to take part in it.

David Liang is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Cool Re: Private Investigator Internship Program

yes I do, thank you, any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by David Liang View Post
    yes I do, thank you, any advice?
    Sure

Locate your introduction thread and author a post asking the administrators how to get into the internship program. Their reply will get you started.

Interested in the Private Investigator Internship Program

I am interested in the internship also.

Quote Originally Posted by William Smith View Post
    Interested in the Private Investigator Internship Program
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Rippy View Post
    I am interested in the internship also.
    The instructions to get involved in the Internship Program are in the first post of this thread. Let is know if you have any questions or issues.
    John Sanderson

Task Force Investigations
    Logistics Department

Jeremy Miller is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Awesome info thanks to all

The information in this thread was helpful. I understand that I have to reach level 4 to move up. I appreciate the information to help me work on getting my professional license.

Thank you,
    Charmaine Stender