Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Some people in my life have not been supportive. (NOT so with IPIU!)

Some people in my life have not been supportive. (NOT so with IPIU!)

Hi everyone, I just want to say that this website is very awesome. I have learned so much from the forums. I totally appreciate the support. I just completed my test, and have passed. Of course very excited, and I do have supportive friends.......Some people are not. Thye calimed to have been there, and were not happy, long hours, "not worth it" I think I am gong to continue with my dream of achieving this goal, and not pay attention to other people's experience, especially if it were negative.
    Thank You all for the great info, and I will definitely keep going on!
    Last edited by Edward Taguba; 05-04-2005 at 04:21 PM.

Edward Taguba is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forums

Professional Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Sheila,

I have split this thread into your own thread so other members can leave comment to you about saying thank you everyone.

Aloha,
    Ed

Edward Taguba, MBA, Ph.D.

Professional Global Technology Consultant
    http://www.edtaguba.com
    www.ipiu.org | www.privateinvestigators.cc

Hello Sheila,

You are correct in the fact that this is a very supportive forum, but there will always be people in your life who are not that way. Having been in many MLM (currently also) and leaving a sales management trainee program 2 weeks ago, I can tell you that discouragement can only be an armslength away. For example, how many times have you had to sell some product to your family first? Soon you may not be able to turn to them for encouragement. So you need to be self-motivated in order to keep on your chosen path. Now, self-motivation does sometimes involve a little selfishness but the bottom line is that you can only control your own thoughts, words or deeds and that will determine your success more than anything else.

RT

Jerome O Isaac-- is offline Sr. Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum

2007 Honorary Ambassador of Good Will
    Greetings Sheila, you're an awesome person yourself, I'm glad you're finding all IPIU has to offer, very rewarding and you're learning as much as you can. I do hope you achieve your dream.

I see you're already experiencing the love and support here on the forum at IPIU, so keep on, keeping on.

Have a great day and thanks for the Testimonials: Now get more Excited.

Steven D Mahan - is offline *** Certified SPI
    Sr. Member: Private Investigators Forum

Professional Management Member of:
    just because some of your friends did not make it,keep up the good work and maybe they will retry

Dear Sheila

Put your trust in GOD and the rest will handle itself. Those people who are negative usually don't have any goals set for themselves and will always send their negative vibes your way.

I have been going through the same thing with my family. They did me like that with college and now this.

Follow your heart and once you find your purpose for GOD and life you will be ok.

ps
    It will be like when you start your assignments and a PI
    good luck.

sorry about the errors in my message

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Drake
    sorry about the errors in my message
    That's okay. You may wish to use the Preview before posting it next time.

Todd Heddleson - is offline Sr. Member:

2005 - 2007 Professional Management Member of:

Thumbs up no suport

sheila your not alone, my family thinks i p i u is a 0000 people in the church i used to attend think my family is right you have the right additued you have come to far to turn back now so keep going i tell my family this is a great way to make something of my self. hang in there don't let the world tell you what to do {we know the mess it's in} i tell my family to keep there chin up, it helps keep there mouth shout

You will be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila Darbouze
    Hi everyone, I just want to say that this website is very awesome. I have learned so much from the forums. I totally appreciate the support. I just completed my test, and have passed. Of course very excited, and I do have supportive friends.......Some people are not. Thye calimed to have been there, and were not happy, long hours, "not worth it" I think I am gong to continue with my dream of achieving this goal, and not pay attention to other people's experience, especially if it were negative.
    Having the desire to follow your dreams and putting forth the effort for something you really believe in is always a good thing. I have found from past experience that it can be hard to be deeply satisfied if you don't go out there and at least try to do it. Long hours? Well this is how I look at it, I much prefer to put in long hours doing something I want to be doing than for something I don't care about. I know there are a lot of "regular jobs" out there that require very long hours and little satisfaction. I am behind you (and everyone else in the same boat) 100% and I can't wait to get my test and be ready to take on assignments. Knowing what my friends and family may think has made me decide to keep them in the dark for the moment, I want to focus as much as I can right now on learning as much as I can with or without their support. I know they will be surprised and when I do let the cat out of the bag. One more thought on this subject - I am really driven by helping others and being a PI is helping others by finding a means to an end. I think there are too many PI TV shows that distort what really goes on or at least doesn't present the viewer with a well rounded understanding. Well that is my opinion.

Good luck to you!

Ann Flickinger Luther

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Heddleson
    sheila your not alone, my family thinks i p i u is a 0000 people in the church i used to attend think my family is right you have the right additued you have come to far to turn back now so keep going i tell my family this is a great way to make something of my self. hang in there don't let the world tell you what to do {we know the mess it's in} i tell my family to keep there chin up, it helps keep there mouth shout
    Hi Todd, you know if we all wanted to be doctors our friends and families would probably all be jumping up and down with joy, but then again we may not be! At the forums we all have something very important to us in common -- becoming successful PI's and some of us are already successful and love it. I really feel inspired by the forums and reading them is one of the highlights of my days! There is always great support here!

Ann Flickinger Luther

Sheila, always follow your own dreams. You will know who to trust and count on in your life by those who support you. For those who don't, it is their loss. Good luck.

Oh my! I didn't realize all you were responding to my comment, This is awesome! Thank you all for the advises, comments, and for taking the time to read my thread and respond! I just love this!!
    By the way, I received my ID Card, and it's great, just waiting for my badge. I've also have signed up for 3 mystery shops with shop'n check! I can't wait. You guys should check out that site too. It's Shop'ncheck Inc. Worldwide.
    Good Luck!

Joyce Jameson - is offline Distinguished Member of:

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Thanks for the info Sheila and congrats! Personally I think I'm going to wait before I sign up for anything, I have SO much more to learn and I want to feel confident about my observational skills ect 1st, I understand that some people are ready right away but as for me I'm really enjoying the learning process.
    Again Congrats!!!!
    Joyce

Greetings Sheila, you're very welcome, that's great news about the ID card; and very soon, your badge.

Best of luck; with shop’n chek Inc worldwide; those mystery shoping assignments are lots of fun, thanks for sharing the link with us.

All the best to you, on the road ahead, have a great day.

Shelia keep following your dreams, and you will make it. I am in the same boat, people don't think I can make it, but I will. Just keep believing in yourself.

So far I have enjoyed the mystery shopping. I think I can do more, and may ready for more. I need to find an agency to work for. I recently contacted wallstreetpi.com, and the gentleman was so helpful, he basically interviewed me on the phone, and talked about this Horse DNA, Forensic type work. I'm waiting for his New York contact to call me. It sounds interesting. Thanks to you all for the continued support, and encouragemnet.

Todd Heddleson - is offline Sr. Member:

2005 - 2007 Professional Management Member of:

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Ann Flickinger Luther]Hi Todd, you know if we all wanted to be doctors our friends and families would probably all be jumping up and down with joy, but then again we may not be! At the forums we all have something very important to us in common -- becoming successful PI's and some of us are already successful and love it. I really feel inspired by the forums and reading them is one of the highlights of my days! There is always great support here!

Ann Flickinger Luther[/QUO

Hi Ann, how right you are to date my family still thinks ipiu is a joke. like i said before i tell them to keep there chin up it helps keep there mouths shout. but they don't jump up and down oh well at least we know better. and we can and do suport each other

Hi Ann ~

Surround yourself with like attitudes. Those whom are quickest to strike down your endeavors are those that do not have the mettle to try something different. ITS EASY, to be faceless, part of the status quo. There are those that can set themselves apart...you stick to it!!

Well today it happened! I got my badge!!!!!
    I am so happy, I feel so official. Let me tell you, QUALITY is excellent, it's just on the same scale, if not better than that of police officers. I absolutely love it.
    I will definitely make it worth while!
    So, I need to know if anyone has a sample resume, or what is your take on writing one for this field?

Oh, I forgot to sign with: Badge # 10836!

Hay guys, I've learned that maybe you shouldn't tell certain people certain things. Before you told them you probally had some idea about how they would react. So far I haven't told anyone what I'm going for. I'm just going to do it when things change for me they'll be asking questions. I haven't had support from my family through anything in the past, including medical problems. I'm a loner I don't want to be but, for now that's the way it is. But the new family you have here is excellent.

Greetings Cynthia, nice to hear from you again, you are so right, I've had to go through the same situation; and still I haven told them about my Private Investigation course or joining IPIU, and you're right they'll be asking.

There's a word for us but it's not Loner.

Glad to have you here with us.

Have a great day.

Good to hear from you too Jerome. I don't plan on telling anyone what I'm doing but, once the questions start they'll probally start wondering and asking how they can get in on it. Take care and I'll see you around the forums.

Cynthia and Jerome, be proud of who you are and what you do and know that the only person you have to appease is yourself. As long as you are happy with your choices, don't worry what others think. those who are never supportive or happy for anyone else are usually most unhappy with themselves, that's why they can't be happy for anyone else.

Hi Mary,
    You are so right. For a long time I was one of those people not happy with myself. But I'm so happy with what I'm doing I don't know what to do. Nice to hear from you.

HI,

I myself have been dealing with quite abit of negitivity from my family. Myself and a couple of coworkers in my current profession (private security) have decided to persue a Bail Enforcement career. I have got them hooked on what an awesome site the IPIU is and all of the bounty of information that is gained from reading all of the postes here. Not only on enforcement but in the strongly related topic of private investigation. All of my coworkers including myself feel, as well as I am sure that all of you agree, that PI work is the most important part of any of the careers talked about here. Without it none of us could do our jobs. Yes I do agree that my chosen field of work can be dangerous, but so can my current field of work in security. Also that I am not going to danger but danger is coming to me. I have also told them though that without people that are highly trained to do BEAand PI positions out in the field looking for these people, that my current job only become harder and more dangerous. So my decision is only to prempt that from happening to someone else that will be doing my job in the future.

I believe that untill the legal system perfects the way that criminals are kept an eye on while on release awaiting trial to keep them from skiping or commiting further crimes there will allways be a need for people like PI's and BEA's as well as Skip tracers in todays society.

So you must allways go after your dreams, gain as much knowledge as you can from as many sources as you can and not let anyone disswade from your goals. These people with negativity will turn around and praise you one day when they see how successfull you have become in your chosen field.

Just remember that it will take alot of hard work and perserverance to become the best in your chosen field. Most of all and never forget DONT GIVE UP.

Don Carter

Joyce Jameson - is offline Distinguished Member of:

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    True, But also always keep in mind...
    When you fail to train,
    You train to fail.
    Joyce

Greetings Mary, thanks for your kind words and support, those were wonderful words to hear.

Before joining IPIU, I had those words instill in me, which I learned through heavy reading and understanding, but I’ve never really heard those words come from someone outside IPIU with sincerity.

Thanks again; and all the best to you and your family; and on your journey.

Have a great day.

Greetings Cynthia, it's always a pleasure talking with you too.

Mary has left us with here great words of wisdom, don't worry, I know you'll do just fine here.

Thanks for sharing your testimonial here with us and have a great day.

Cheers to all of the survivors, to those who believe in themselves and their chosen paths in life. Always be true to yourselves, think good things and they will come. Have a positive outlook, negativity breeds negativity, don't let it take you down. Be strong, be proud, be honest, always be the best you can be. no one can ask for anything more.

Thank you all for the wonderful words of encouragement. It is always welcomed, and needed!

Sheila, you are most welcome. Best of luck to you in your endeavours.

Greetings Sheila, how are you? I hope fine. you're welcome, It's always a pleasure talking to wonderful people like yourself.

Have a great day.

Supportive

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Rose
    Cheers to all of the survivors, to those who believe in themselves and their chosen paths in life. Always be true to yourselves, think good things and they will come. Have a positive outlook, negativity breeds negativity, don't let it take you down. Be strong, be proud, be honest, always be the best you can be. no one can ask for anything more.
    What a wonderful attitude!

The people in my life may think that I am crazy, but they also think that this is a very cool thing that I am attempting to do.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce Jameson
    True, But also always keep in mind...
    When you fail to train,
    You train to fail.
    Joyce
    AWESOME quote Joyce.
    I'm writing that one down.

Keep up the Good Work,
    Happy Hunting !!

Thumbs up Supportive

Well today it happened! I got my badge!!!!!
    I am so happy, I feel so official. Let me tell you, QUALITY is excellent, it's just on the same scale, if not better than that of police officers. I absolutely love it.
    I will definitely make it worth while!
    So, I need to know if anyone has a sample resume, or what is your take on writing one for this field?
    CONGRATULATIONS SHELIA!!
    Looking forward to more updates as you progress with each new assignment.
    As far as a resume, try and type that in the search box when you log in and see where that brings you. Also remeber your assignment and skills assessment forms??
    You can alwas merge your current resume to include what you put down on those forms as well.
    I know you might have that all worked out by now but if not, hope this helps.
    GOOD LUCK on future assignments and,
    HAPPY HUNTING!!

Thumbs up I Support You !!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Emory
    What a wonderful attitude!

The people in my life may think that I am crazy, but they also think that this is a very cool thing that I am attempting to do.
    VERY KOOL !!
    Keep Smiling and,
    HAPPY HUNTING !!
    (wink-wink-nudge-nudge) ,

Supportive

I support everyone here.

Something led all of us to this place in our lives, so may we all be successful as we embark on this new endeavor!

Beck

Hang in there Sheila. There is certainly more supportive people than not. Arthur

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast