Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: God knows how many have been dissappointed with only a school & some promises.

Arrow God knows how many have been dissappointed with only a school & some promises.

I agree, I am lucky to have found the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) and such an organized and disciplined organization.

God knows how many have probably been dissappointed with a school and promised castles in the sky.

I for one have noticed that this Union gives a lot to its members. We can find oodles of information and learn for ourselves how to do tasks that might come our way in the future.

I admit, I was tentative about reading so much and doing everything myself. But it's what we have to learn, to do things ourselves with some but not total assistance.

Thank you all for your contributions to this website and let's show those few union critics that they are just blowing smoke.

Thank you for the "Testimonials" section and particularly Edwin Garcia's comment about "blowing smoke".

I have a Dream Buster in my life who is a skeptic and thinks I belong in the looney bin for joining IPIU and all the forum reading that I have done. Thanks to all who have come before me to guide and inspire.

Sincerely, Wendy Schneider

Your welcome for my comment.

There's a problem with telling people about your actions; people are quick to judge or criticize. I agree, this is probably not the most conventional way of becoming a P.I. . But does that make it a waste of time? Most people discard something as stupid because it sounds out of the ordinary. We have all done our research and found this organization and what is on these forums to be legit.

That is why when people ask me something about how to be a P.I , I tell them to go to this website, but let them find out for themselves how to do it through here. People can really make you feel like a looney, especially skeptics.

But we'll see who got scammedd, when our paychecks are better than theirs, and they wonder how we did it.

As for that Dream Buster in your life, just swallow the pill and remember it's a shame we have to co-habitate with such people. You do what you want and how you want it, don't let people change your mind. That's why sometimes it's better to keep people in the dark, because if you make a mistake they are the first ones to pop up and say something deconstructive.

Good luck Wendy.

I have enjoyed reading the posts between Wendy and Ed. I was encouraged to see Ed building up Wendy's confidence.

Wendy...Good Luck. Keep your head high. Work Hard. Work Hard. Work Hard.
    The sky is the limit.

Mary Saunders

Thank you.........

Being very new in this process, I appreciate all who have gone before me and trust the wisdom that is reflected i the posts.

Regards and Good Luck to you too,

Wendy Schneider

I agree - Telling others about your plans is sometimes not a good idea. There is nothing worse than a well intentioned friend or family member thinks they know what is best for you and shoots down your dreams with "concerned advice". I have only told my closest confidents about IPIU and they have been very supportive.

Besides, this website will give you plenty of information and support! So, far I have not been disappointed

Krista

Thumbs up Support!

Thankyou Mary Saunders,

Today I am doing the fingerprinting and having my photo taken Each action getting me closer to that reality and all the support I find in this forum (s) is helping me to stay on track.

I also find myself repeating the statement to myself, "Trust the process". There are folks ahead of me who have their experiences to share, and if I do what they let me know to do, then I should be no different.

Thanks one and all,

Wendy Schneider

I am glad I have been of some help. We have to look to each other for support sometimes. And there's plenty of that around here. Let's just trust in the process like Wendy stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Krista O'Connor
    I agree - Telling others about your plans is sometimes not a good idea. There is nothing worse than a well intentioned friend or family member thinks they know what is best for you and shoots down your dreams with "concerned advice". I have only told my closest confidents about IPIU and they have been very supportive.

Besides, this website will give you plenty of information and support! So, far I have not been disappointed

Krista
    Funny, when I first joined IPIU I quickly found new close confidents and friends here. You and others make my morning good news.

Cynthia

Cynthia Ford
    Administrator - IPIU
    ----------

IPIU is the ticket for the best information anyone could ask for. I am proud to tell people I am a member of this fine organization. If at anytime you have a question all you have to do is ask and you get numerous anewers.

Rob Hurth is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    I am now approaching the completion of my first year here with IPIU. I've made some good progress, learned alot, and preparing for a bright future. I look forward to getting even more involved with IPIU as my career progresses.

Thanks for all th insifht..I'll keep reading.

LOL...was supposed to be "insight" ...sorry.

Thumbs down Dreambusters

I totally agree with one and all. I have also had my share of the so called "DREAMBUSTERS!!"
    It's great to have support from others who have and are going through the same process.

"GOOD LUCK TO ONE AND ALL!!"

HAPPY HUNTING!!

Arrow

The bottom line my friends and fellow IPIU members: what money you spend with IPIU - and what you have available through all that IPIU has to offer - is worth more than any other educational programs you can go through. I am not saying other programs won't help; I am saying that IPIU gives you EVERY direction, the help and support to guide you through the PI process. I do this more as a hobby for now but intend to make it full time as I gain the experience. As a member for a little over 6 months now I have gained a wealth of knowledge through IPIU and it's "fingertips" to the exstensive issues that have evolved in the PI industry.

I Agree Terry,
    Still a "NEWBIE" here, but always learning something everyday.
    Well worth the investment whatever that might be....

[color=blueGOOD LUCK TO ALL[/COLOR]
    HAPPY HUNTING!!

I as well, know several "dreambusters" as a matter of fact, I was married to one for 3 years. It was only after "we" began the divorce, that I started following MY plan and reaching for that dream. Do not ever let anyone talk you into strayin from your goals. Keep your chin up and continue on, you will be rewarded even if it is just the feeling of accomplishing you chosen goals.

Lynne Knight is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forum

(Retired Moderator)
    Corporate Agency Member of:
    To all who have posted in this thread:
    Thank you everyone, for these thoughts. To me the thread was summed up quite nicely by Craig, just before my post.
    Keep your chin up and continue on, you will be rewarded even if it is just the feeling of accomplishing your chosen goals.
    Nice! Thanks!

~ Lynne ~

Interesting thread, now if only I can work a normal job, w/out being asked to do a report for the state, or one over the phone. In other words, this has been a hobby for years.

Hello Everyone:

It is a thrill to read the positive comments posted here...great testimonials...

Todd Heddleson - is offline Sr. Member:

2005 - 2007 Professional Management Member of:

god knows

well as some of you know I can't keep my mouth shut, I had to stick my 2 cents worth in IPIU is the best there is, and the best there ever will be. If you have money to burn you can go to (name of other PI School) they will teach you to be a p-i for more than they are asking for! (name of other PI School) stands for (****** ******* ******* *********) please over look spelling. if anyone you know is thinking of going to (name of other PI School) please stop them!! Tell them about IPIU let them know they are the best they will ever find Before ipiu I checked into (name of other PI School) what a joke when I called and asked why they were charging more then what they were asking for in there junk mail they had no anwser I then asked bottom line how much is this going to cost, more then they were asking for in there junk mail Then one day I was on the net and found ipiu and I'm glad I did and yes I checked out IPIU with the BBB and a few other sources. I even talked to some pi's that started with ipiu!! they had nothing but the best to say about ipiu!! and that is my 2 cents worth

Todd Heddleson - is offline Sr. Member:

2005 - 2007 Professional Management Member of:
    this is a good place to call home!

I am glad that this topic came up. I feel like I can't talk about what I am doing, right now. Everyone wants to advise me on what would be better. Thank you for the encouragement. When I reach my goal, they will know I was right.
    thank you!

David Copeland is offline Administrator

Sponsored by:
    Todd, thank you for your personal testimony.

However, I did a small edit to remove the actual name of the PI school you were upset about. As a general rule, we never specifically name other schools that do not measure up or have cause for alarm. Rather, we choose to either endorse them, certify them, or not mention them at all in the General Education Forum.

It's a tough line to find in the sand at times. Most PI Schools charge $800 and up to $20,000 for courses. Some schools we endorse, and others we ban altogether because of the lack of business ethics and ownership morals.

Yes, this topic discusses in general terms the vast disappointment union members have found in other schools. But we have to allow those other schools the freedom to correct their mistakes without permanently branding them in a harmful way to rob them of their rights to correct themselves.

Most PI's are smart enough to know who we all speak about without naming names.

But I thank you for your confidence in IPIU and your faith that we will continue to abide by the trust you place in us,

David

In addition to David Copeland's post of 02-20-2006, 01:59 PM,

Education by " IPIU On Forum Learning" I think, is the key to everyone's success. I think you would be hard pressed to find any school that will give you what IPIU gives you.

I am always available as a forum contributor by answering questions and submitting helpful "tools" in how to conduct insurance and fraud investigation, including what questions to ask in a particular claim assignment, interview, and or investigation. A good example would be techniques of the interview process on a bodily injury claim. Some make the mistake of letting the interview become an interrogation which will almost always give you a hostile claimant or witness. I always, always tell adjusters, BE NICE! and LET THEM TALK!

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified
    Quote Originally Posted by John Lacher
    I am always available as a forum contributor by answering questions and submitting helpful "tools" in how to conduct insurance and fraud investigation, including what questions to ask in a particular claim assignment, interview, and or investigation.
    John, you may wish to read and apply to the following topic offer:

http://ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?p=19201#post19201

Donna Reagan
    DHS Certified

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

To: Donna Reagan:

Donna,

Just a note of thanks for guiding me in the right direction.

tip: dont be afraid to make a few mistakes... most bosses are kind to understand that we are "training" between ipiu & a company & a sponser i have see mant come full circle & make it work well for them...

Hi!

Reading these has giving me alot of encouragement! Thank you My fiance is supportive, but my family are not supportive at all. They keep trying to discourage me. Telling me that all of this is just a waste of time. They tell me that it's too dangerouse, and I can't do it. These words do discourage me, but I still believe in myself, and what I want to do. I want to make a difference, and help people. I have a passion for this, I am greatful to people like all of you who are here and are passionate about what you do. You all are encouraging to me. my family may not be there for me, but my family at IPIU are, and I appriciate you all.

Sincerely, Sarah

When I started going to School to become a PI I thought that my friends & family would go nuts but the only resistance I got was from my boyfriend & he is always the first to volunteer when I have need for a partner so even though he resisted & he doesn't like what I am doing he still supports me.
    My oldest son is the one who found IPIU & sent the link to me.
    I am thankful that my friends(the ones that know) all support me & actually most say they envy me.
    Michele

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator

DHS Certified
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Crandell
    my family are not supportive at all. They keep trying to discourage me. Telling me that all of this is just a waste of time. They tell me that it's too dangerouse, and I can't do it. These words do discourage me, but I still believe in myself, and what I want to do.
    Actions speak louder than words.

Educate yourself about the 95% of cases that are not dangerous.

Educate yourself by obtaining close friendships with other female private investigators who know the truth.

Expect your family never to agree with your or to apologize. If it happens, then your family is among the very few who can amend their view toward children.

At least you have someone who supports you.

Read the following topic too by clicking on the title:

My Wife Laughed At Me

Donna Reagan
    DHS Certified

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

Michele R. Schibi great for you!!! keep up the good work & remember, it dont matter what folks think or say, they do not pay your bills for you! everytime someone says something against your work, remember that......im happy for you & look forward to hearing more.

Donna,

Thank you for the encouragement! I'm not sure where to meet other PI's in my area, any suggestions?

I would love to make friends with people on here! Everyone here gives me so much encouragement! Thank you!

Sarah

I really needed this thread today. I have several "Dreambusters" in my life. My mother thinks I'm nuts because I'm changing careers (again). My father (retired police officer) is concerned for my safety. My husband is supportive but I could tell him that I'm going to be an underwater basket weaver and he'd be supportive. Basically, I'm thankful for IPIU for constantly encouraging me (even when you don't know you're doing it). So, THANK YOU to my new IPIU family.

good to hear, keep reading, theres tons of support in these forums... i wish you the best & if i can help i am here.......

Listen to your heart...

As a teenager I fell under the influence of ... no ... not peers... my parents! They were supposed to know what was best for me. They did WANT was best for me -- they just did not know what that was. I was steered away from following my dreams. I was told that they were not practical, I could not make a living from them, and I was "too smart for that". As a result I was lost in college. I was miserable studying engineering and finally squeaked through in finance. I spent twenty years becoming more and more miserable because I had abandoned what was in my heart. The last few of those years I was asked why I had felt that my parents had the only answers and that I had to do exactly what they said. I couldn't answer that. The misery finally came to a head with what seemed like a huge train wreck underneath a plane crash during an earthquake just before the tornado hit... (Get the idea?)

After much soul searching (and a mystery message on-line about becoming a private investigator), I have found my heart's desire. Being a PI encompasses all of those dreams I had growing up. I never considered it before because of all of the PI television shows in the 80's that portrayed the dangerous side of it. IPIU has and is showing me the real side of it (not that the TV wasn't "real" - it just wasn't the whole picture).

I have casually mentioned to my mom and dad that I am studying to become a private investigator. Guess what? "That's too dangerous." "You're too good at banking and finance." "That's not practical." etc., etc., etc. I just tell them that there's a big part of PI work that is not dangerous, the pay can be really good, and it's what I will be happy doing. Then I change the subject, tell myself I'm doing the right thing, and go on with MY life.

Interesting tid-bit: When I was in my mid-20's, people thought I was in my 30's. Now that I'm 39, people can't believe I'm not still in my 20's. After many months, I stopped in to visit the people I worked with 6 months ago. They couldn't get over how much I've changed and how good I look now. Need I say more?

Quote Originally Posted by Patty S Smith
    Interesting tid-bit: When I was in my mid-20's, people thought I was in my 30's. Now that I'm 39, people can't believe I'm not still in my 20's.
    Ditto Patty...I'm turning 39 this year and people can't believe that I'm not still in my 20's too....particularly, MY PARENTS! I'm the "baby" and everyone always knows what's best for me. Keep marching to your own drum beat and do what's best for you (I know I will) .

thanks

These forums was encouraging. I am a true believer that you have jealous people and dreamsnatchers out there. Some may be very well family and fiends. I believe if you keep your eyes on the prize and you will make. Share to only who God tells you to share it with. Just know this, everybody is going to find out what you are after whike. I have told two people about the program. I am enjoying myself scrolling through all these forum topics. I do have a question. Do I have to wait until my credentials come in to choose what benefit package I want. I was told by Security workers that I pick my benefit package when I received my credentials, but then I read all these forums and its like I don't have to wait to sign up. I'm confuss. Please help.

Hi Schywanda,

I couldn't agree with you more, speaking of dream stealers. I don't tell anyone about this opportunity except for the positive people that surround me.

It can be your own family that's very negative unfortunately mine are that way!

I am fairly new to this, but to try to answer your question. I believe you have to have your background check done before you can move towards your next step and you also need to sign your Code of Ethics when you receive your Photo Id.

I hope this helps!!

Good Luck

Kathy

I want to thank all you fellow & lady want to be Magnums for giving me info & the motivation to go out & actually search & believe in myself that I can do it . I found my dream job or blessing, working at Hammonds Hotel & all its different buildings as the security/maintenance person doing PI work police work humane relations work, right on right on right on!!!!! THANK YOU PEOPLE(did they say this was shouting,well I am) sorry. Being in this group makes me feel good, helps me feel who I am or want to be, that I have a chance & yeah I do drive a red mustang for get PI. I will be going to work this evening at 10

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast