Thread: My life has been enriched since I became a part of IPIU.

Smile My life has been enriched since I became a part of IPIU.

IPIU has changed my life, they were just what I was looking for.

I want to share a little of myself to IPIU to let you know how much you have enhanced my life.

I went to college to get a Computer Science degree and have enjoyed my last 10 + years working in the Training/support area of the field. I decided to give it up to be come a mother (again).

My husband is a Police Officer and I was so interested in the field of law, but I didn't want to be a "Police Officer". So, I was surfing the web for jobs when I came upon the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU).

I was so excited it was like a dream had been answered. Here was an amazing organization that I could be a part of and get the feeling of self accomplishment doing the work that I had become interested in and had only dreamed about.

IPIU has made me feel very at home, like I have a whole new family to be a part of.

I can't end my day without coming home to the IPIU forums to see what is going on with my family. There is always something new to read about and learn everyday.

My life has been enriched since I became a part of IPIU. I want to thank IPIU personally for the opportunity to be a part of this vast family. I enjoy reading about other members and their experiences and their tips. I only hope as time goes by that I can contribute back to IPIU as much as they have enriched my life.
    Lorrie Ann

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified
    Thank you so much for your words and compliments. The staff at IPIU, it's administrators, moderators, and other team members work so very hard during the week trying to help members connect with the information and answers they are seeking, that we rarely have the time to read some of the thank-you's here to know that our efforts are appreciated.

At times I feel like a mom changing diapers, and the day would be so much more refreshing if I knew that a springtime rose was waiting for me here.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write us and all of your colleagues here.

Talking Admiration to You All

Donna,
    You are very welcome. I follow your words of wisdom as well as the others and I hope to be able to join you and the others soon as a Moderator. It's in my blood and I admire all of you. Many Blessings to you all.
    Lorrie Ann

As much as I like this website, the reason I registered was to look for a job. Now that I'm registered, I cannot even click on Job Openings without being blocked.

Smile Patience is a Virtue

Aline,
    All things come in time. Just a little helpful advise from a fairly new IPIU member also. Review all your steps and make sure you have done everything required as a new forum member.
    Have you posted your introduction yet, if not let that be a starting area for you.
    Go to:
    Technical Support Forum: How to Participate on the Forum.

There is a world of information in these threads for a new member. Always remember that reading is a valuable tool, so read, read and then read some more.
    I was given this same advice when I was new to the forums and they were correct, all the information you seek is answered in these forums and if by chance it is not answered, just post your question and someone will give you what you seek.
    Many blessings to you on your new path with IPIU.
    I hope I have been of some assistance to you.
    Lorrie Ann

It was like reading my future testimonial, except my husband is not a police officer. I too have a Computer Science degree and have worked in the field for the past 10 years. I'm no longer working but, am a mother again. Thought I was done.

I'm am looking forward to a career with IPIU while raising my new little one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie Ann Tulo
    IPIU has changed my life, they were just what I was looking for.
    I couldn't agree with you more! I too am a wife and mother. When I recently took the leap and decided to make a career change, I found IPIU. I truelly feel as if I have found another family and an exciting career within all of the oppurtunities that IPIU offers me. I am more excited about learning new things and building a succesfful career than I have been in years! Thank You everyone!

Smile Glad to hear from more moms

Dixie & Stacey, It is great to hear from other PI moms. Dixie, I know what you mean about thinking you were through. My baby was 12 when I had my 3rd child. I have a total of four now. I wouldn't change it though.
    Ladies, I feel that "moms" have a lot to offer as a PI. Finding IPIU was an answered prayer in my quest. The IPIU family is great and you will find people from all types of professions. Each and everyone has something to offer. I am still amazed at the information provided. We are very lucky to be apart of the IPIU family. Thanks ladies for your replies. I'm sure we will see each other in the forums. Blessings to each and your families.
    Lorrie Ann

It's great to see that there are a lot of other women with the same interests as me. I went to school for criminal justice and the majority of my classes were men. I'm happy to see that I will not be the only female in the field. As for the other women who have already worked as investigators, have you experienced any problems doing this kind of work?

Jerome O Isaac-- is offline Sr. Distinguished Member:

2007 Honorary Ambassador of Good Will
    Greetings Lorrie, nice to meet you.

That was a wonderful testimonial, I'm so glad that you're here at IPIU.

Thanks for letting them know you appreciate all their hard work.

Have a great day.

Thomas J Nicol is offline Ambassador of Good Will
    International Private Investigators Union

Sr. Distinguished Member

Lightbulb That is the way I felt when the IPIU found me.

Hi Lorrie Ann,

When the IPIU and I first cross paths, I was unemployed, and searching for something I had always wanted to be part of.

Some time has passed since then, and I am still deeply involved with the IPIU family.

Logging on and reading the latest posts has become a regular part of my schedule. I do what I can to be helpful, and I never fail to come away with fresh information.

All the very best to you in this great new adventure. Have a great week.

TJ

Ashley Mayne-- is offline Licensed Private Investigator

Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forums
    I have spent nearly a whole day here looking and posting.
    And I'm still confused, but it is a good confusion because I'm learning the ways of this exciting new world.
    I only wish there are people from Australia here, but what the heck, you guys understand my lingo, so there should be no probs. Anyway, I've gotta go and get rid of the kangaroo on the road and put the koala back up the tree, then throw another shrimp on the barbie.

ASHLEY MAYNE
    Licensed Private Investigator (Vic.AU)
    Victoria, Australia

Another Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Mayne
    I have spent nearly a whole day here looking and posting.
    And I'm still confused, but it is a good confusion because I'm learning the ways of this exciting new world.
    I only wish there are people from Australia here, but what the heck, you guys understand my lingo, so there should be no probs. Anyway, I've gotta go and get rid of the kangaroo on the road and put the koala back up the tree, then throw another shrimp on the barbie.
    Firstly I've been in here less than 24hrs and I'm stilling trying to find my feet, but wanted to say that firstly I agree with the above Mum's that the mods do a great job, and secondly to Ashley, I'm another Aussie

Distinguished Member:
    So you are! Welcome Again. I think that makes you number 4.
    Are you from the Ozinvestigators forum?

good evening ben and welcome to ipiu

Lynne Knight is offline Certified Distinguished Member

(Retired Moderator)
    Corporate Agency Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

I certainly agree with this thread AND it's title!

I've have been a "people watcher" FOREVER and have always wanted to help people. Each previous "career" I have ever had seems to have been ever so gently leading me in this direction. My list of jobs and careers would make most of you smile. My time at IPIU has been indescribable for me, somewhat like the commercial for one of the armed forces, "We've been waiting for you". It gets better EVERY day!

I Just Want Let Everyone Know That I Have Been Going Through A Career Change Since June,2004...i Just Joined In November 2005....i Have Never Felt More Comfortable Or At Home With My Decision To Join Ipiu And Become A Private Investigator.......the People Here Are Pretty Awsome As Well....thank You To All...ps... I Just Passed My Test...!.......time To Celebrate A Little...
    Badge #11265

Congratulations Alan.

Thank You Jeannie....your Next...

Distinguished Member:
    You are an excited person AJ2. Good on you mate!

Told You I Was Born For This Profession......it Feels So Right...

Distinguished Member:
    I know you are, my international buddy

theree ya go mate....we will meet and eventually work together ..at least on one case together...GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE...MATE....

Distinguished Member:
    Ditto

Congrats on passing Alan

thank you ALLEN...long time no see...let us know how things are going in ASH'S room