Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My family made fun of me from age 12. Now I have my Investigative Agency Licenses!

Arrow My family made fun of me from age 12. Now I have my Investigative Agency Licenses!

I went to college, got my degree, became one of the most famous interior designers in the country.

At age 28 I owned two businesses in Jackson Hole, WY and a $600,000.00 house. I was "going places" but I was not happy. I had always dreamed of being a PI.

My family made fun of me from the time I was 12 ("when I grow up I'm going to be Mrs. Magnum PI"). Anyway, no one took me serious and thought I could never make a living in Investigation.

Well, guess what... Three years ago I decided to take some correspondence courses. I ordered every PI Tarining manual written (Ha Ha). I have worked on various cases with local investigators.

Three months ago, I sold my businesses and got my Investigative Agency Licenses in Alabama and Mississippi. I am returning to my home state of Alabama and I plan to become one of the best in the industry.

Yes, everyone thinks I'm crazy but my husband and children support me 100%. I feel like, mid way in life, I am finally chasing my dreams. I already have many contacts in my area and I plan on oneday being known as one of the top Private Investigators in the Country.

Thanks, Richard, for inspiring me to share my story too.

Mary Saunders

WOW! Good luck to you. It takes a lot of guts to challenge the unknown.

Good luck Mary. I hope you achieve everything you want.

Thank you so much for sharing your story and offering the rest of us encouragement. Oddly, I haven't told my deputy boyfriend about my joining this site or my interest in the PI culture...for the exact reason you originally stated...I don't want him to laugh or discourage me. So thank you for sharing your story!
    Erin

Wow Mary - very awesome and inspiring history you have. You are obviously a go-getter and I look forward to reading more of your events along the way. Congratulations !!!
    Patti

Wow!!! It must be a great feeling to prove doubtful people wrong. How did you keep from getting discouraged?

Mary Saunders, great for you!!!

When they put us six feet under, we can’t take fame or money with us. You can’t put a price on waking up each day to do something you love. I have no doubt that you’ll be as successful as a PI as you were in your previous profession.

And, kudos to your husband and children for supporting you. What a fantastic example you’re setting for your kids.

I look forward to hearing more about your success. Congratulations!

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified
    Mary (and others),

I made a copy of your strong statement and posted it here for others to enjoy.

Welcome to IPIU.

Donna

Mary, what a great story. That is so inspiring. Good luck with your business.

Mary, don't let anyone knock you off your path to pursue your dreams. Turn all of that negative energy to postive energy and keep striving until you finally get where you want to be. We all have your back here and are rooting for you. Keep us all updated on your progress.

Mary,

You're an inspiration! No doubt in my mind that you'll be exactly what you say!

Congratulations!

Lisa

Smile

Mary,

You have re-inspired me to focus on my dreams and walk the path I know is right for me. I have recently had second thoughts, but reading your story has made me more determined than ever to achieve my goals.

Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Deb Chisholm

Mary you are an inspiration! My my family and boyfriend have no knowledge of my involvment in becoming a PI. A few years back I received negative responses from them and held off the inevitable. I was happy with my work, but it just wasn't enough. I decided to take my dream seriously and here I am. Right now I am going it alone and my sole support comes from these forums. I firmly believe that it is very important to follow your dreams. If you spend a lot of time doing something it is so much better doing something you love.

Thanks for your wonderful posting!

Ann

Smile Yalile Saca

That is super!

Good Luck Mary,

A few years ago I wanted to do the same thing, but I was discouraged also. I have decided to go back to PI work and go all the way.

Good Luck and congratulations,
    Cynthia

Hi Mary,
    I would like to talk to you about being a PI. Please send me an Email through IPIU and we can talk about investigations and exchange email our email address to one another. I have been looking for someone to discuss investigations with and feel free to email me at anytime, just in case I don't hear from you then I want to wish you the BEST at achieving your goals and being a PI.

Sincerely,
    Maria B.

Talking Great inspiration!

You are a great inspiration. I am sitting here with all my required information for aquiring a Texas PI license and plan to start my own agency. I am not sure of what area will be specialized in but when I find that niche I know I will succeed. You go girl! DD Talley

Mary,
    I think what you're doing is fantastic! Plus the added bonus of your family believing in you and supporting you in whatever you do speaks vloumes about you as a person. Because of your immediate familys support you will do very well.

Congradulation
    Juan Allen

Smile

Again, congratulations. Your story really motivated to follow my dreams. For years, I have thought about becoming a PI and received many chuckles from my friends and family and even began second-guessing myself! Knowing that other people have gone through the same thing and rose above it is a great inspiration. Thanks and best wishes !

Brianne,
    There will be alot of chuckles coming from those closest to you. But as they see you producing, business growing, and the income that it generates. You'll have the last laugh.
    Mary's story is inspirational and provides so much encouragement to so many. I hope that one day I can hear yours and share my own.

Juan Allen

Wow! That ia quite a story and I'm so impressed - good for you. I know you will be successful...you've got a great attitude

Krista

Krista,

I look forward to seeing many more success stories in the weeks, months, and years to come in the forums. Mary's story is just a re-assurance that success is possible, that your labor of love is not in vain, and the desire to accomplish anything is yours. I look for these types of testimonials as a guide, because it takes these types of things to keep you focused about why you are doing this and what you are doing? Soon it will your turn (as well as my own) to pass share your story. I'm soo looking forward to my time to shine, but until then, I will read the forums and keep hope alive.

Juan Allen

Dan Kern is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Cool story Mary, I share both a simular story and passion about going through with changing careers. Take it easy and see you around the forums.
    Dan

Good luck and follow your dreams.

Thank you Craig and you do the same.

I am 30 years old and have also dreamed my whole life of being a P.I.. I am also married with children and from Alabama. Chasing dreams...no better life...or feeling...than when you fulfill one.

Congradulations Karen for accomplish this much thus far. The best is yet to come for you... Now create new dreams pertaining to becoming a P.I. and chase down those dreams down as well.

Juan Allen

It is amazing how money in the end doesn't buy happiness. You should always do what you truly love and the money will follow soon enough.

Thank You, for the insight Joseph. I needed that.

Mary, thanks for your story. I'm sure you have motivated many newbes, such as myself here at IPIU. Having been successful once I'm sure you'll be again. Thanks again.

David Wolstenholm is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Good luck Mary,

I know you will succeed in everything you do.

Arrow

All I can Say Is "WOW!!" Mary.

It's so great to see others chasing after their dreams....
    You are well on your way and in no time you will achieve your goal.

God Bless and GOOD LUCK in all your Pursuits!!

HAPPY HUNTING

Hello Mary, thanks for sharing your story which is filled with encouragement! We are all happy for you and you have given me and I'm sure some other people ideas. Thanks for telling us about the PI licenses in other states. This is one fruitful way of starting my own business!
    Patrice-Maria Love

John G - is offline Retired Forum Moderator

Private Investigators Forums
    Sponsored by the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Thank you for your powerful testimony. I hope your goals will be reality shortly.

Johnny

Kalvin Kelly is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Corporate Agency Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Thank you so much for sharing your story Kalvin Kelly

Mary your story is just great! This is just an awesome story. It is almost similiar to me in a way that my family also think that I am going nowhere with this PI business. I have no assignments yet, but your story made me to want to continue to follow my dreams in the PI business. [B] You keep up the good work!

Christina

Jerome O Isaac-- is offline Sr. Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum

2007 Honorary Ambassador of Good Will
    Greetings Mary, nice to meet you, and, I wan't to thank you for sharing this wonderful testimony here with us on the forum, you are truely an inspiration to us all.

Yes, that was a strong statement and wish you and your family all the best.

I also want to wish you much, much success in all your endeavors.

Have a great day.

Thomas J Nicol is offline Ambassador of Good Will
    International Private Investigators Union

Sr. Distinguished Member

Thumbs up WOW just doesn't cover it.

A series of words comes to mind. Counting them: 1, 2, 3, 4, and more.

1 - Wonderful!
    2 - That's great!
    3 - Go get them!
    4 - You finally did it!
    5 - I'm very proud of you!

Isn't it something to be able to look back at and see the, sometimes very long and hard, path you've taken to reach the stars! (Your dream). And the icing on the cake is, of course, having total support of your husband and children .

You go girl!

TJ

Mary, thanks for that incouraging story you made me feel inspired to continue my dream of becoming a private investigator also.
    Sincerely,
    Kelly

Mary. I know how you feel when your family makes fun of you i have had to put up with all my life, i spent 25 years of my life being a auto mechanic and got very very burt out on it. I have always want to be a PI and to teach at a university criminal law. I started with IPIU 3 1/2 years ago and enjoy all the people in it. They have helped me alot even though i ran out of money to finish my BA degree in crinimal just thats besides the point. Now since i had this heart surgery just a month ago that will slow me down for a while but look out when i get all healed up, i am going my way, not theirs, it is my life and i have to live my way not theirs. Thats what i told them and they don't see how i could be intersested in this sort of thing but i have always been and always will. All i can say is, go for it Mary and enjoy what life has to offer.
    M. Lowe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast