Thread: How do I get IPIU to send my credentials to me or a company so I can, for a job.

How do I get IPIU to send my credentials to me or a company so I can, for a job.

I was asked to send WallStreet detective services my credentials and refernces and copy of social security and drivers license, for consideration for a job with them. Please tell me how I can either get a copy of my credentials and information from IPIU so I can send it to companies requesting it, this company asked for licensing and or IPIU information and credentials? This place even called me on the phone to ask if I am interested. An Answer asap would be real helpful. Thank you.

Linda Rowe

PI trainee

Quote Originally Posted by Linda J Rowe
    I was asked to send WallStreet detective services my credentials and refernces and copy of social security and drivers license, for consideration for a job with them. Please tell me how I can either get a copy of my credentials and information from IPIU so I can send it to companies requesting it, this company asked for licensing and or IPIU information and credentials? This place even called me on the phone to ask if I am interested. An Answer asap would be real helpful. Thank you.

Linda Rowe

PI trainee
    Are they asking for a photocopy of your IPIU credentials or are they asking for the expiration date of your IPIU Credentials? You may want to ask this in the Wallstreet Agency Forum in their employment sub-form.

I was asked the other day by Censor Security in Rutland, Vermont if IPIU was a legitimate union. When I showed my ID card, they asked questions about why the seal on the back was not raised and why it did not indicate that I was a certified PI. Could someone please help explain this more to me?

Good Question

I believe that IPIU gives you a badge/credential but that does not make you a licensed invesitgator. It just shows you as a member of their union. To become a licensed investigator you need to check the requirements for your state?

Moderators, can you let me know if this is correct?

Quote Originally Posted by David Kickert
    I was asked the other day by Censor Security in Rutland, Vermont if IPIU was a legitimate union. When I showed my ID card, they asked questions about why the seal on the back was not raised and why it did not indicate that I was a certified PI. Could someone please help explain this more to me?
    You asked three questions. Here are three answers:

1) Refer anyone to www.ipiu.org if they wish to check on the legitimacy of the International Private Investigators Union. Or, they can email legal@ipiu.org

2) Your credentials are laminated, which does not permit the IPIU Seal to be raised.

3) You do not need to be a licensed private investigator in Vermont to perform all private investigator assignments. Having a PI License later will help you, but it is not required for all assignments. Read the Vermont laws in the Licensing Forum.

(If you have general questions and cannot locate the proper topic or forum, please post your question in your Introduction Topic where the trainers and other moderators can guide you. However, MOST Frequently Asked Questions are answered in the Trainee Questions & Answers Forum. Go there and then look down the long list of Topic Titles to determine which questions you have an interest in.)

Re: How do I get IPIU to send my credentials to me or a company so I can, for a job.

well thats all good to know thank you.