Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More PI Agencies Join IPIU to Members Worldwide!

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

Arrow More PI Agencies Join IPIU to Members Worldwide!

Another great announcement:

More private investigative agencies have joined the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) to hire union members.

Level 4 union members may now apply through these dedicated agency forums. Simply go to http://www.ipiu.org/forums/ and then scroll down to the Executive Agency's Category and enter their assigned PI Agency forum.

Please join me in welcoming the following new national agencies to IPIU:

Davidson Protective Services

Binx Investigations

Ace Private Investigations

N2K Investigations

Telematics-Online Research and Investigations

Vista, Inc.

American Corporate Security Investigations, Inc.

Johnstreet Operatives

Definitive Investigative Services, Inc.

Long Island Investigation Services

Intelquest Investigations

Embassy Investigations

Alliance Investigative Services

Applied Security and Investigations

Idaho Detective Agency

Wall Street Detective Services

Note: Some of these new members have their forums opened for Level 4 members. If you are Level 4 and cannot enter some of them, please check back in a week. However, most of them are open now.

If you are not a union member, please click on the following Newcomer's Guest Instruction link for further help:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...&threadid=5008

Sincerely,

Donna

DHS Certified
    In addition, if you are a Level 4 union member - please make sure you check the weekly job openings from around the country. Below are your Level 4 links:

General Job Assignment Instructions

Local & National Agencies Hiring

Federal Anti-Piracy Agent Assignment Forum

Integrity Investigations Category Forum

Thumbs up Welcome Agencies

Welcome to all of the agencies who have joined IPIU! The more assignment opportunities, the better. I look forward to attaining Level 4 so I can use my existing information research skills as well as add new investigative skills.

Glad to see there are more agencies joining the IPIU! I'm looking forward to getting my book and test so i can move on to the hiring stage!

Bob

I am also very happy to see more agencies coming aboard; we have a lot of good Private Investigators, and Trainees here. I hope they take advantage of all of us eager energetic agents and work us to the bone, HA HA.

Welcome to the family new agencies, I am happy to see you join. For those of us that are new, we are eager to learn and those that have been here for a while are very knowledgeable. I am sure that you being apart of IPIU will be beneficial to all involved.

sarah

This is very positive news, thanks for the info and welcome aboard!

DJ Moran -- is offline Sr. Moderator:
    (On Leave of Absence)

Certified Distinguished Member

Exclamation Great News!!

I am happy to see the new agiencies listed! This is a great opportuntiy for all of us, it's quite exciting. I Will look forward to hearing from anyone who is given the opportunity that I have been given. You know, most places, when you start a new job, ask if you have expereince, You have to get a position, to get the experince. Thanks to IPIU, we all have the same opportunities!! And, Bradley, I hope you are right too!! Ha Ha!!!

Welcome new agencies to the IPIU family!!

I look forward to getting my level 4...so I can get into the field.

Don

New Agency's

Iam looking forward to applying to the new companys,and i welcome them to IPIU the more the better,as a class C licensed investigator iam looking forward to working for at least one of the new agencys
    thanks
    sally

Welcome

I also welcome all the new agencies to our family here at IPIU

I am looking forward to receiving my manual and passing the exam so that I can proceed to level 4 and take advantage of the many career opportunities
    Melanie Vale.
    It's All Good

Cherish your vision and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprint of your ultimate achievements

Just wanted to say that I got my manual and test yesterday! I'll be hitting the book and getting that test in ASAP!

Bob

Debra Goff is offline *
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    This is great, I can't wait to get to level 4 so that I can start applying to these agencies for assignments., I sure hope that some of you are located in my area, or need someone (like me) in my area to work for you.

Welcome

Sincerely, Deb

Thumbs up

Excellent!

Thank You.

please consider me to be a part of you team. thank you

Talking Exciting news

It is very encouraging for me to see that there are so many companies that are working with IPIU. Since I have not yet reached level 4 and do not have access to all forums, it is comforting to me to see that there does not appear to be a shortage of companies looking for people to work for them.

The more the better for all of us!

Bob

Glad to see you come aboard.

Welcome to new agencies. New opportunities for us to help out. I look forward to any work available.

Congratulations to all of the new agencies that joined the IPIU family.

We thank you for your contribution.

Shawn

This is very positive news, thanks for the info and welcome aboard!

Great News on Agency's joining, it go's to show everyone in PI work there is work out there for everyone. Cannot wait to complete my training.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanya Ghormley
    I would like to ask if any of these agencies are hiring in the Orange County, California area. If so please reply.
    Thankyou
    Tanya: If you are level 4 go to job postings or contact your trainer.
    Hope this helps
    Paul

I would like to extend a warm welcome to the new agencies that has joined IPIU.
    I am in the process of taking my test now and will be sending it in ASAP. I look forward to possibly working with some of you in the future.

Kindest Regards,
    Lorrie Tulo

DHS Certified
    The following comments and questions have been moved to the new Resume Forum here:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...235#post300235

And here:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=335

If you do not have Level 3 access, then email upgrade@ipiu.org and ask how to obtain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Copaus
    I have a question and I am not sure if this is the right forum. When applying to these firms, and they ask for salary history of the last 5 years, how can we come up with that figure if we haven't really worked that much in the last 5 years?

Any help appreciated

Thank You
    Lori E. Copaus
    P. I. Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Runtich
    Hi Lori:
    First of all be honest, list any training you have taken during that time, also any Volunteer work you have performed and answer all there questions completely.
    Honesty is the best policy. Hopes this Helps You

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori Copaus
    Hi Paul,
    Thanks for the reply, but what I am looking for is the salary history that they are asking for? I worked at one place for about 1 year and so, and then the rest has been out of home. So will the salary history that they are asking for be based on what I made at this one place and at home or do they have their own base salary that they pay from?

Thank You
    Lori E. Copaus
    P. I. Trainee

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Runtich
    Lori:
    Are you going thru the PI Union which if you are level 4 and completed your test, they let you know up front the wages being paid. Trainees Avg $18-$27 hr.To me this is the best way to go and work for several different ageny's 10-20 where -as you can make more money vs working for one ageny per hour.As to your Question its hard to say without knowing all the detail's about the employer, who knows they may be looking to save money if they can.

Hello New Agencies

Welcome from Arizona. 19 year resident of Scottsdale.
    Proficient in photography Feel free to contact.
    Peter George

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Frampton
    For the record I have applied to the following PI agencies that have joined IPIU to work with it's members: 01/26/05 Ace Investigations, Alliance Investigations, American Corporate Security Investigations, Idaho Detective Agency, Inteliquest Investigations, John Street Operatives, Long Island Investigations, N2K Investigations, Telematics Online Research and Investigations and Vista Inc. These were the only agencies level 4 members are allowed to apply to in the Agency forum.
    Terry, we are addeding more agenices all the time. Keep checking the Executive Agency Category forums for new ones to apply to.

More PI Agencies Join IPIU to Hire Union Members Worldwide!

This is fantastic! I'm honored to be among some of the most dedicated and expert investigators in the world. I look forward to the challenges that are ahead of me in my quest for a career change. Breaking into this field from Law Enforcement is quite a change. Welcome aboard!

Michael Robinson

Hello Michael:

I too am in law enforcement. I am a Sergeant for the Cleveland Police Department, which was a 1800+ member department. Now since the lay offs, we are now a 1600+ member department.

However, I am a Licensed Private Investigator in the state of Ohio with my own firm. I have been so since 1999.

In addition, I have a BA in Paralegal Studies and a Juris Doctor Degree but I am not practicing as an attorney because the insurance to do both law and investigations is extremly high in Ohio. Therefore, I have not and will not bar. If you ever decide to take such a path, know that if you ever bar, you are bound to the rules of the bar and some of them I just don't agree with.

However, as a licensed P.I. in this state, we have a code of ethics that makes sense and since I love investigations it makes sense to be licensed as an investigator and not an attorney. BTW, the market for attorneys is saturated here in Ohio, but there are only 7,000 licensed P.I.s in the whole state. There are more attorneys working in Cleveland than there are Licensed P.I.s in the entire state. That gives you a little insight into the amount of money you can make in this field.

Now, as if that wasn't enough work to do, I am also the Adjunct Dean of Private Investigations at a local college that awards Associates Degrees in Court Reporting, Paralegal and now Private Investigations. It is the only degree program of its kind in this field. The program started a little over two years ago with only 4 students enrolled, now the program has over 100 students at the Cleveland Campus. Cleveland is the campus where I work and the school has 6 campuses. One in Cleveland, Akron, Columbus, and Cincinatti, Ohio. As for the other two campuses, one is in Detroit, Michigan and the other is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylviana. The name of the school is called "The Academy of Court Reporting" with a monocur of "The Legal Institute".

WOW!! I can't wait to get to level 4!! The opportunities are just waiting there for us all.

Dear Mr. Jackson,

You have quite an impressive pedigree there...lol Looks like I have some catching up to do before I can accomplish that much. I guess you could call me a slacker.

Here in Illinois where I'm located it's mostly rural and so a patrolman does it all, Investigating, traffic enforcement, answering hot calls etc., Investigating is and always has been my passion.

I'm currently enrolled in Kaplan University in Davenport, Iowa just finishing up a degree in criminal justice via distance learning. It's a lot different than being on campus.

I'm very interested in the Associate Degree in Private Investigation portion of the school there in Clevland where you are the Dean, and would like to hear more about it. Please feel free to contact me. I won't divuldge my email or phone number on here for privacy reasons but I believe you can get permission form someone here to get it. Being a Private Investigator I'll bet you can find it. And that is my challenge to you sir.

Thanks for your insight on my quest.

Respectfully,

Michael

Smile

This is great news! Can't wait to get started!

David Copeland is offline Administrator

Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard M Jackson Sr
    However, I am a Licensed Private Investigator in the state of Ohio with my own firm.
    Richard (or do you prefer Dr. Jackson?),

Please click on the following application details link to apply for a free upgraded Signature for yourself and your agency:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19427

The more the merrier !!!! WELCOME ABOARD

I hope I am doing this right, but if not please someone tell me and I wont do it again. I am real interested in becoming a PI and was wondering what I had to do first to get involved?

Welcome Patricia

Try this link tutor@ipiu.org Good luck to you welcome aboard
    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia Jernigan
    I hope I am doing this right, but if not please someone tell me and I wont do it again. I am real interested in becoming a PI and was wondering what I had to do first to get involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia Jernigan
    Hi Patricia!

Welcome aboard...Far be it from me to tell you if you're doing it right. However I can tell you this much, you have certainly come to the right place to begin your journey in becoming a PI.

I would like to express my most sincere best wishes on your new journey. I've found this to be a valuable resource for beginners in this profession. I believe you will find that the link Ms. Davis applied to her reply will be a great start as well.

Respectfully,

Michael Robinson

Wink Welcome Keith

Hi Keith:
    My suggestion is to start at the beginning it's a journey and like every thing takes time to build. I suggest you try this link
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums//showthre...8&goto=newpost
    you'll do fine the sky is the limit. Good Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Cole
    I too am very interested in becoming a Private Investigator. I have sent in for the referral application. I realize you would start out as part-time, but would you get enough hours to complete 40 hours a week? Also, when you become a PI, how does the medical benefits come in to play? Do you have to get your own medical insurance? Currently, I have a full time job. Can I still work my current job and do PI work?

Thanks, Keith Cole

Outstanding.

Can't wait until I move up to level 4 to take advantage of these opportunities.

Thanks Monica. Any help is appreciated.

Thumbs up You're welcome

I hope it was helpfull
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Cole
    Thanks Monica. Any help is appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast