Thread: How do I post my location under my name in the header?

Red face How do I post my location under my name in the header?

I was just wondering how do I post Location in my header? Everytime I reply to a message I do not see my location in the header. Is there something I need to do to get it there?

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence Alexander Jr
    I was just wondering how do I post Location in my header? Everytime I reply to a message I do not see my location in the header. Is there something I need to do to get it there?
    Hello Clarence and welcome!

There is actually not a way for you to add this information to your header. It is automatically added just as your number of posts are updated and the date you joined IPIU.

Have you gone into your User CP and filled out your personal information there?

The User CP stands for User Control Panel and this is where you can add or edit your Settings and Options as they apply to the forums and is located at the top of any forum page. If you still have questions or having problems you might want to revisit Newcomers Do This First if you have not yet already done so.

Good luck

Debra Goff is offline *
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarence Alexander Jr
    Clarence, Welcome.
    ........I think this might work. Go to the top of this page and click on (User CP ). Then click on (Edit Profile) . Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, and where it asks for your state, type it in.Good Luck.......

Sincerely, Deb

I have two questions...1) How can I upload a avatar, I went to the user cp and clicked on edit avatar. It shows the "do not use avatar" botton checked but I can not un-check it and there is no upload or browse button??? 2) I can only put my name in the signature field, how is it that other users have their names, badge numbers and other info on their reply posts??? Can you please steer me in the right direction? Thanks.
    Harry J EdwardsCert.ATO;Case Examiner

Under FAQ

I had the same question, so I did a search in the FAQ section. So far I have learned this: "How do I get a picture under my username? These small images are called Avatars. They are displayed below your username on all posts that you make. There are two kinds of avatars: those provided by the administrator and those that you upload yourself.

If the administrator has provided a set of avatars, and avatars are enabled, you may select an avatar that best describes your personality.

The administrator may also have enabled custom avatars, which allows you to upload an avatar image from your computer.

For more information about avatars, click here."

Under the topic of "User Maintenance" I've found this: "Avatars are small graphical images that you may choose in your profile. They are displayed by your username on all posts that you make. You can select the image that best describes yourself from your profile options." And also this: "Avatar List There are no pre-defined avatars available."

So-o-o I think next I am going to fiddle with my username option and see what that turns up. Wish me luck (and good luck to you!)

/jan