Thread: Interested in Tennessee Bond Enforcement...

Interested in Tennessee Bond Enforcement...

Hello all, first time posting.

I've been interested in beginning a career as a Bond Enforcement Agent here in Tennessee for quite some time, but never really took my interest seriously until about a month ago, when a friend of mine who used to be a Bounty Hunter in South Carolina began giving me some details pertaining to this career.

What I'd like to ask those here on the forums is this - How difficult, realistically, is it to break into this industry? Are there certain licenses that must be attained to do such in the state of Tennessee? I've been researching this online for the last week straight, trying to digest as much as possible concerning the pros and cons of a career such as this, and I'd really like to hear some opinions of those who actually do this for a living.

Allow me to say a few things about myself. I'm quite computer literate, and have a working knowledge of such programs as Netdetective and so forth (from what I've read, many Bond Enforcement Agents make use of such, hence my including it here). I'm a big guy, 6'5, 260lbs (give or take 10lbs at any given time), and trained in American Boxing. I have a knowledge of firearms, as well as various types of melee weapons (I include this here only due to many BEAs using batons and so forth). I'm a good people person, having ran my own buisness (mainly as a hobby, more than for profit) for two years now, and know full well the value of a positive outlook, as well as customer service.
    I know a number of our local law enforcement, and get along quite well with the majority of them.

I'm quite adement in my determination to reach my goal of becoming a Bond Enforcement Agent, and would really appreciate any wisdom, tips and opinions concerning this industry, that would help me achieve my goal.

Thanks greatly to everyone ahead of time, and thanks for Your time.

Randy

Randy,

Tennesse requires you to obtain a "certificate of training" through the Tennessee Association of Professional Bail Agents. The next class is March 5, 2005 in Nashville, I'll be there. You can download the registration form from their web site. They also include a registration in their Association for an additional cost.

I'm in west Tennessee and the people I have talked to here seem fairly receptive to new Bail Enforcement Officers (that's the "official" TN term). I can also tell you that you won't impress anybody with your size and some will tell you that it may in fact work against you when you're trying to follow somebody. I'm also rather large - 6'4" and 275#'s, making it rather hard to remain inconspicous. The people doing the hiring are more interested in your knowledge of the state laws and your ability to track and find the "bad guy" without bringing a lot of attention to yourself.

The Bounty Hunter Kit sold here at IPIU has a lot of good information in it and I thought it was well worth the investment.

Hopes this helps you in your search and good luck.