Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 75 Assignments Club! "I have about 75 assignments under my belt since I joined!"

Lori,

I forgot to mention something. I made the mistake in the beginning of taking on every assignment I could, which is all good. I am very ambitious.

Just be careful. Some of the mystery shopping assignments are time consuming and the pay does not balance out. Make sure, when accepting an assignment, you take into consideration the following: 1) your time, 2) fuel costs, and 3) ease of completing the reports. Most of the mystery shops pay a flat fee. I accepted many $9.00 shops that cost me that much in gas plus more than 90 minutes of my time.

Matthew Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Jennings
    Lori,

I forgot to mention something. I made the mistake in the beginning of taking on every assignment I could, which is all good. I am very ambitious.

Just be careful. Some of the mystery shopping assignments are time consuming and the pay does not balance out. Make sure, when accepting an assignment, you take into consideration the following: 1) your time, 2) fuel costs, and 3) ease of completing the reports. Most of the mystery shops pay a flat fee. I accepted many $9.00 shops that cost me that much in gas plus more than 90 minutes of my time.

Matthew Jennings
    Thank you! That is very helpful information!! I agree. I've been working as an independent contractor for many years, and fortunately am used to weighing out benefits of the job. I'll do the best I can.

Thanks! Lori Mantyla

Awesome achievements Bradley! I can only hope to get to that point someday! Your quote is interestingly the same one I use! lol I feel a little lost because halfway through my degree...I had to change my goals. I am sure with time and lots of reading it will all make more sense. Good luck to you in your future endeavors!

Andrea Davis

Bradley, congratulations on your assignments, I hope one day I'll have that many and more, since I have a full time job and will due PI on a part time basis. If it work out right I could change to a fulltime or maybe my own agency. Thanks again and keep the good work. Robert Santos.

Congratulation to you Brad!! Hope someday I fill your shoes!

Congratulations Bradley 75 that’s great, you are an icon to us all. I submitted my appl- for process server for NYS, maybe I can do 1/3 of that.

[B]Rolando Simmons Badge # 10440

Brad,
    Congratulations on your 75 assignments.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley P Watson
    Congrats' o all with 20 or more assignments.

As for you not there yet, Read, Learn, Post and ask questions and don't give up.

Things are coming around for me slowly, but they are getting there. I have about 75 assignments inder my belt since I joined I.P.I.U. in August 2004. My prior experience did help, but I.P.I.U. is helping me put myself on the PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR MAP.

Bradley,
    Congratulations I hope that within a year I can be at the same point as you. Keep up the good work.

Hello Bradley,

You are encouraging me just by showing your progress. You have positively affected people on the forum whom you may never meet. Keep on moving, don't stop. A little old school lingo!

RT

Great Job Bradley, keep it going!

I am waiting on my first job, just got my test results (whew!)
    I hope to one day get agency placement-- do they require a certain amount of hours? Or would some consider hiring a trainee? I am looking forward to quitting my job and doing this full time, once I have a few jobs under my belt, and have a firm grasp on what I am doing.

again, good for you!
    -Tara

Quote Originally Posted by Tara Merkel
    Great Job Bradley, keep it going!

I am waiting on my first job, just got my test results (whew!)
    I hope to one day get agency placement-- do they require a certain amount of hours? Or would some consider hiring a trainee? I am looking forward to quitting my job and doing this full time, once I have a few jobs under my belt, and have a firm grasp on what I am doing.

again, good for you!
    -Tara
    Tara,

Please ask this question by posting it in your Introduction Topic where the trainers can better direct your inquiry to the existing titled topics that answer your question.

Great job! I wish you the best with your future.

Would I be able to sign a contract with a lawyer when I complete my test.

Hey Bradley -
    Kudos to you on your 75 assignments! That's really cool. I hope I will be able to say that in a few months.
    Thanks for the encouragement!

Mellonie

well established

It's likely you have exceeded many other assignments since you posted this 75 mile stone. However, this gives me a lot of hope and since I am so outgoing, I am assuming this will work in my favor. CHatting and reding away!

Congrats to all on there mile stone.I'm waiting to get started with the new career. Any
    ideas on this. Thanks

Geryl Deane

Hello:
    I am happy that you are now a member of the 75 Assignments Club. Good Luck! Arthur

75 jobs, good for you. Another IPIU success story!

75 assignments and quite a few more since then. That's great. I would believe you are doing well now. My best wishes for continued success.

David Wolstenholm is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Congratulations brad,

Hopefully I will be there soon. I look forward to working with you at Wall Street

Kalvin Kelly is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Corporate Agency Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Awesomme job Bradley, keep up the good work. Kalvin Kelly

Hats off to those who put in the effort

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley P Watson
    Congrats' o all with 20 or more assignments.

As for you not there yet, Read, Learn, Post and ask questions and don't give up.

Things are coming around for me slowly, but they are getting there. I have about 75 assignments inder my belt since I joined I.P.I.U. in August 2004. My prior experience did help, but I.P.I.U. is helping me put myself on the PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR MAP.

You are the "TOP DOG". What ever you are doing is working well for you. I am try to do the same. But as they say, takes time to perfect! Keep up the great work, continue your skill path and pass on some of those tips. Have any good ones for us?

Thanks

Dear agent Watson, that is quite impressive and congradulations. I did not see all the post`s here, time has me running, one quick question. Can you share the % of those assignments that were antipiracy related and how the heck did you do it? Thats a lot of paper work per pirate and a heck of a hussle to get it all in order by Monday. However if you are on your game that is all second nature, sounds like you have the right combination, good luck and thank you, Carl.
    Carl R. Isenhour, (I shall leave no stone unturned)

Incoronata Travaglione is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:
    Bradley,

That Is Great 75 Assignment Wow. I Think I Have Done About 20 Now.
    Just Wanted To Let You Know That Is A Great Accomplishment Keep Up The Good Work.
    Incoronata Travaglione

Brad,
    Just wanted to say thanks for continuing to post update here. So many times we read threads and get encouraged but see no follow up. Kudo's to you!! I live in Mississippi where they require no license so the credentials will mean the world to me. I already applied for them. As soon as i have my manual i am going to lock myself in my home office and absorb like a sponge.
    Steven Lofing
    Trainee

Thats good news, I need to get my level 4 so better start reading more. Thanks for the lihgt at the end of the tunnel.
    Sincerely, Kelly

I need to get my spelling fixed too.
    Kel

Lynne Knight is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forum

(Retired Moderator)
    Corporate Agency Member of:
    This thread has been one of the MOST encouraging to read through. There is loads of information on different topics but most basically the same - uplifting! It's always a teensy on the scary side when we "travel" outside of our comfort zone. IPIU, it's administrative staff and all of the moderators make the forums our new comfort zone very quickly. Hang in there everybody, it DOES get easier, and it IS what you make it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3